Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

If donations/tipping isn't a mandatory requirement while watching the streams....


Dead2009

Recommended Posts

.....then why is it a point to constantly mention that "today is pretty slow" in terms of being able to support the cast through tips? It's almost as if the viewers are indirectly being guilt tripped into giving money that they don't necessarily have because the person they're constantly watching can't maintain his finances properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll leave this topic up despite your earlier suspension, but feel free to read up on the forum rules if you're new. It will save you from getting into trouble again.
 

Quote

2. These activities are not allowed.
    Sexism (we do not accept this under any circumstances).
    Racism (we do not accept this under any circumstances).
    Threats aimed at other users or the site owner. (Even if it might be a joke don't do it)
    Trolling (purposefully trying to cause controversy and provoking a negative reaction in other people).
    Insulting other members, excessive name calling or derogatory terms. (Begger, paypig, wheelchair, etc)
    Doxing is not tolerated, posting information like addresses that might lead to someone's location. This includes phone numbers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, KGhaleon said:

I'll leave this topic up despite your earlier suspension, but feel free to read up on the forum rules if you're new. It will save you from getting into trouble again.
 

 

The coming flat out and saying hes a begger was a bit much. I admit. But I'm still questioning why he tells people one thing and does the opposite. I mean, yesterday the donos werent rolling in, you could tell he was getting upset over it, and flat out told his chat that he needed their support when he came back from break. Why are you telling your viewing audience you want their money if giving that money is OPTIONAL? You're essentially telling people to give you their money even though you don't have to. Not to mention, people can't afford to donate every single day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

The coming flat out and saying hes a begger was a bit much. I admit. But I'm still questioning why he tells people one thing and does the opposite. I mean, yesterday the donos werent rolling in, you could tell he was getting upset over it, and flat out told his chat that he needed their support when he came back from break. Why are you telling your viewing audience you want their money if giving that money is OPTIONAL? You're essentially telling people to give you their money even though you don't have to. Not to mention, people can't afford to donate every single day.

Calling him a beggar is a bit harsh, but it's not entirely inappropriate in my opinion. I mean, his strategy for getting people to tip him is just to talk about how he can't pay his bills and needs to hit his tips goal every stream to be okay. That said, it's still kind of mean to call him that.

The unfortunate truth that Phil needs to accept is that not that many people are tipping him, most of the time he hits the tips goal because of a handful of large tips. He'd have to make himself more appealing to people outside his core audience and learn to network and promote himself properly to increase the amount of people tipping, and that's something he's just not going to do.

Edited by ShinraRecruit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just confused as to how someone is in such financial disarray every single day, even if you hit the tip goal every single day. I've watched marathons where he'd get hundreds of dollars and then the next day he's on stream talking about how he NEEDS the support. Like I'm watching a video right now where he blatently comes out and says that the stream and the membership isnt about the viewers, it's about him and the support he needs. The whole point of membership and subscriptions is to benefit who's watching you....if there's no incentive, there's no reason to subscribe.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

I'm just confused as to how someone is in such financial disarray every single day, even if you hit the tip goal every single day. I've watched marathons where he'd get hundreds of dollars and then the next day he's on stream talking about how he NEEDS the support. Like I'm watching a video right now where he blatently comes out and says that the stream and the membership isnt about the viewers, it's about him and the support he needs. The whole point of membership and subscriptions is to benefit who's watching you....if there's no incentive, there's no reason to subscribe.

You may not be aware of this, but that has been his policy for a long time. I remember in one occasion giving him advice on Patreon-rewards, the idea that I got from his response was that Patreon is simply a way for fans & viewers who love his content to help him financially, because they like what he does & they want him to keep doing it. The perks are merely the "cherry on the top" that you get not as a proper, direct reward of your purchase, but as a token of gratitude by him for contributing.

This idea goes in line with what you mentioned him saying: the incentive is to financially support him so that he's able to continue streaming, that's what you get & that's what you supposedly would want, (ideally for him). Again, events & benefits are the cherry on the top.


The second thing, according to what he has said, "money=not mandatory", however because of the alleged financial situation he's in, it would seem imperative to reach the goals. So you don't have to contribute, but if not enough people do, he'd be forced to abandon streaming, so "please help me, because I need your contributions to keep doing what I love".

The problem here is what you've said, even after consistently hitting the goals, why is it not enough? The only way to go into that is by taking a closer took to his expenditures, without that you cannot have this conversation. It's the answer to the "Why?" you're asking, but it comes down to "it's none of your business". And it's not of your business because I'm not revealing my debts/taxes/bills/etc.

Then why other people don't have this problem? Because he's in a "unique" situation where he got screwed by the one who was supposed to handle the paperwork in regards to his condo? or when he moved, (his tax attorney or CPA, you'll have to search this, I'm not an expert), and a haterbase that prevents him from doing things he'd be supposed to do without problems, (sponsors and the like, I know there are problems with that claim but I'm not going into that now), they also give him bad reputation, etc.

Note: This is what I believe he's saying, not necessarily what I'm defending. I do not agree with a bunch of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, MoraMoria said:

This idea goes in line with what you mentioned him saying: the incentive is to financially support him so that he's able to continue streaming, that's what you get & that's what you supposedly would want, (ideally for him). Again, events & benefits are the cherry on the top.

I think an issue with this might be that it pales in comparison to other things that different content creators do. Phil doesn't watch other content creators, as he said before, but his audience most likely does. There are a lot of content creators that people will want to support just so they could keep doing what they do AND there is some kind of incentive and reward for them. A lot of people have limited discretionary funds so I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people were choosing other creators to support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

I think an issue with this might be that it pales in comparison to other things that different content creators do. Phil doesn't watch other content creators, as he said before, but his audience most likely does. There are a lot of content creators that people will want to support just so they could keep doing what they do AND there is some kind of incentive and reward for them. A lot of people have limited discretionary funds so I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people were choosing other creators to support.

Of course there's an issue with it, but that might be his idea of a "true" fan.

It's like in some way having a "best friend" that will try to support you financially no matter what, (however they can, not necessarily crazy levels), they know you never lie, that your detractors are most of the time if not always wrong, and they emphasize with your "situation". But also, we're not friends, you're just a viewer, I have a business.

That's why true fans "know" Phil is correct, and they like him for who he is.


This is the idea that I got from what he has said in the past, I can probably be more accurate if I think about it a bit longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, MoraMoria said:

Of course there's an issue with it, but that might be his idea of a "true" fan.

It's like in some way having a "best friend" that will try to support you financially no matter what, (however they can, not necessarily crazy levels), they know you never lie, that your detractors are most of the time if not always wrong, and they emphasize with your "situation". But also, we're not friends, you're just a viewer, I have a business.

That's why true fans "know" Phil is correct, and they like him for who he is.


This is the idea that I got from what he has said in the past, I can probably be more accurate if I think about it a bit longer.

true

Edited by SpiderVersified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...