The King of Hate Forums

Patreon GOAL Suggestions Thread! (Input Needed!)

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See, this is what I'm  talking about with the oversharing.  You want to make more money and to do so you have to work more hours? That's pretty standard business, not an illness or affliction.  You ha

I'm sorry to say, but that is reality. You could in theory spend your free time learning how to use your new equipment, that is life. You sacrifice something to get results. For example, after work I

The fact of the matter is, you shouldn't be paid regardless to learn to use green screen, its the nature of your job. Does a writer get paid to learn how to write while on the job? No, he learns it as

Posted Images

​Like it or not live calling will come back once Phil finds a stable solution with or without Patreon. Phil did it before on Hate Live and it was a huge success. People loved the fact that they could have an actual discussion with him to get his perspective and an understanding.

​I think you'll find you are very very wrong here.  Phil himself said nobody liked the call ins and was the worst part of the broadcast.   He said it around the time some hater trolled him in a call and for the next week or two back in the day ran late and no calls were took if you can remember the timeframe.

​I think you'll find you are very very wrong here.  Phil himself said nobody liked the call ins and was the worst part of the broadcast.   He said it around the time some hater trolled him in a call and for the next week or two back in the day ran late and no calls were took if you can remember the timeframe.

​Do you have a link? I specifically remember people loving the call ins.

The reason he stopped was because of Skype security issues.

Speculation aside, he stopped Skype calls because some of his detractors were using Skype resolvers to get his IP. A few SOK members fell victim as well. So for the time being he's removed that segment from his podcast.

​Do you have a link? I specifically remember people loving the call ins.

The reason he stopped was because of Skype security issues.

​He definitely said that I just don't have the time to check the million and one videos he's made since.  He may have stopped Skype calls because of IP issues but the phone in section on Hate live was binned off a lot earlier.  I gave the info about being trolled on air the same week he did his last phone in so people can make their own minds up as to why he quit call ins as he could well have been scared of it happening again so always made sure back in the day ran over time.  Believe that or the world according to Phil/KG.  It's better to not take anyones word, even mine, and make your own decisions as everyone has agendas.

Basically after that one certain skype call he received, Phil let two Ask The King episodes run out of time and never did any call ins since then, saying they were the least interesting part of the show anyways. That skype is a security problem is something he said later.

• Upvote 1

But skype is one of the easiest ways to do live call ins. Live call ins is the only way to talk to phil with a conversation where he can get our perspective on things. Twitter or forum posts are not great methods since ...well, you know why. 
It has to come back in some form, since for me it was the only thing worth watching his hate lives or ask the king

For the Project 7 t-shirts, how do we let him know what size we want? Do we tell him here or will he contact us through Patreon?

​Phil should get the patreon donations soon, so he'll probably contact people through email about it.

I think when phil spends 5 mins of his stream talking about his patreon it's gone from asking to begging. 

I watch phil's content but i don't want to spend 5 mins of my time listening to him talk about his patreon, it's obnoxious. Limit to non-gaming related vlogs even ask the king or even post it in the discription box of videos cause the fan base aren't morons they don't need continued reminders that it exists.

• Upvote 2

What do you expect? Phil did this multiple times during april in regards to twitch subs or something. I recall several prestreams which included the FFX, Spiderman and MLB the show where he talked about the twitch subs for emotes and helping him for the move. 

Seeing how phil did a 40 minute video about the patreon talking about it mentioning it on new pre-streams is kinda superfluous when he already, supposedly, met all 3 goals he had in mind. 

• Upvote 1

What do you expect? Phil did this multiple times during april in regards to twitch subs or something. I recall several prestreams which included the FFX, Spiderman and MLB the show where he talked about the twitch subs for emotes and helping him for the move. 

Seeing how phil did a 40 minute video about the patreon talking about it mentioning it on new pre-streams is kinda superfluous when he already, supposedly, met all 3 goals he had in mind. 

I watched part of his patreon video, it's.... well... i don't know how to explain that.

I find him promoting the patreon to be obnoxious, He promoting it on streams, WIR, and probably going to be on WIP, i don't think phil truly knows why people hate him and this is one of those things where he's treating the fanbase like children. He guilt tripped everyone doing the move, he's guilt tripping them when talking about his debt and now he's pushing a patreon like you explained it. I truly care about his fans cause this is twitch all over again, phil is good at what he does and that's trying to manipulate the people.

• Upvote 2

Manipulating people and treating fans like children... by promoting a Patreon page? No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

Back on topic. I have an adjustment for my idea of older playthroughs. How about instead of making a montage of an old playthrough but also does a second playthrough. For example. He could do an alternate choice run of heavy rain and then do a montage for the old playthrough. It would add to the value. $1200

The next goal should be to bring back live calls in some shape or form. $1500

Can't think of anything for a $2000 goal at the moment.

Manipulating people and treating fans like children... by promoting a Patreon page? No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

I actually do.

Manipulating people to think he's worse off than he is to get money, phil may scream it's none of my business but he doesn't act like a guy who's in debt then treats his fans like children about that patreon page. Call it what you want then cause it's still obnoxious.

• Upvote 1

I actually do.

Manipulating people to think he's worse off than he is to get money, phil may scream it's none of my business but he doesn't act like a guy who's in debt then treats his fans like children about that patreon page. Call it what you want then cause it's still obnoxious.

​Like the other guy said, you don't know what you're talking about.

I actually do.

​If you know what you're talking about then how about you explain how talking about something treats people like children and/or manipulates them. If you're answer is literally "He's not actually in debt" then show me prove and not speculation.

Your statements are full on ridiculous.

Building on the Indie games marathon stream, how about a Kickstarter marathon stream for April. This would be all the popular games on Kickstarter that have Alpha's. Games that come to mind that I have pledged for are, Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar. Star Citizen especially since its the highest grossing crowd funded game to date at 70+ million. Both these games are in Alpha stage and you can login and play them. For both games I can give both my accounts for, especially Star Citizen that has alot of ships he can show off. 

Does anyone else have any kickstarter game recommendations that are currently playable? I have other pledges but they currently don't have a alpha release thats playable but that might change by April.

As I already said it should be the worst games of all time. You know? April fools?

But now that I think of it the second montage would be at the end of April. I guess the April Fools special will have to be a separate thing.

Anyways it's also possible for a co-op or fan appreciation marathon. We haven't had that in quite a while.

Building on the Indie games marathon stream, how about a Kickstarter marathon stream for April. This would be all the popular games on Kickstarter that have Alpha's. Games that come to mind that I have pledged for are, Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar. Star Citizen especially since its the highest grossing crowd funded game to date at 70+ million. Both these games are in Alpha stage and you can login and play them. For both games I can give both my accounts for, especially Star Citizen that has alot of ships he can show off. 

Does anyone else have any kickstarter game recommendations that are currently playable? I have other pledges but they currently don't have a alpha release thats playable but that might change by April.

​The entry level for Star Citizen's Alpha is 80 dollars. Plus that isn't really a Kickstarter anymore, neither is Shroud of the Avatar. For it to be effective he would need to be looking at active Kickstarters. And that would, in itself, be difficult because he would need to take a lot of time to A) look up active kickstarters and B) put them on a schedule where they're still active when he puts out a video for them.

I watched part of his patreon video, it's.... well... i don't know how to explain that.

I find him promoting the patreon to be obnoxious, He promoting it on streams, WIR, and probably going to be on WIP, i don't think phil truly knows why people hate him and this is one of those things where he's treating the fanbase like children. He guilt tripped everyone doing the move, he's guilt tripping them when talking about his debt and now he's pushing a patreon like you explained it. I truly care about his fans cause this is twitch all over again, phil is good at what he does and that's trying to manipulate the people.

​To be honest, talking about patreon now should be exclusive to Hate Live since as I said he already made a 40 minute video discussing it. There's really no need to talk about it multiple times through prestreams like he did with twitch subs as it's detracting for people who either donated or may want to and sadly gives off a negative image. But i'll end this here, don't want to derail the thread. 

I have a question but was Xenoverse a AAA game? I sorta figured with the patreon supposedly hitting 1,400 atm he'd start doing minecraft or something else. I hope he doesn't push himself to play more games though, xenoverse is a cool game but it may distract phil for doing other things, i'm not sure if anyone has been billed yet for patreon guess we'll wait Sunday or Monday

​If you know what you're talking about then how about you explain how talking about something treats people like children and/or manipulates them. If you're answer is literally "He's not actually in debt" then show me prove and not speculation.

Your statements are full on ridiculous.

While it's not really proof of anything I feel it's a little suspect that he'll go on an on about how he started his Patreon because he accrued a lot of debt in the move and he's not making enough from his videos to pay it off,  but then turns around and spends hundreds on 3-day passes for ECCC and he'll inevitably spend a couple hundred on a nice hotel room for Leanna and himself. Not to mention the cost of the food for that whole trip as they'll be eating out every morning afternoon and night. That trip will end up costing quite a bit for something that's ultimately frivolous. You'd think a man who worked in finance would give paying off his debt priority over going to a comic con, but I suppose it's none of our business what Phil does with his money. 

​The entry level for Star Citizen's Alpha is 80 dollars. Plus that isn't really a Kickstarter anymore, neither is Shroud of the Avatar. For it to be effective he would need to be looking at active Kickstarters. And that would, in itself, be difficult because he would need to take a lot of time to A) look up active kickstarters and B) put them on a schedule where they're still active when he puts out a video for them.

​Well I was thinking more of the crowd funded games not just kickstarter, plus I know of the expense of Star Citizen that's why I would let him use my account that has many of the ships he can show off, and weapons. Plus you would think he would want to try out the highest grossing crowd funded game. Yes it would be hard to be limited to only kickstarter since they only last 1 month and they don't have a playable alpha during that time, so its more those games that got started from Kickstarter.

While it's not really proof of anything I feel it's a little suspect that he'll go on an on about how he started his Patreon because he accrued a lot of debt in the move and he's not making enough from his videos to pay it off,  but then turns around and spends hundreds on 3-day passes for ECCC and he'll inevitably spend a couple hundred on a nice hotel room for Leanna and himself. Not to mention the cost of the food for that whole trip as they'll be eating out every morning afternoon and night. That trip will end up costing quite a bit for something that's ultimately frivolous. You'd think a man who worked in finance would give paying off his debt priority over going to a comic con, but I suppose it's none of our business what Phil does with his money. 

​Being in debt doesn't mean he doesn't have any money/can't spend it. Now if he was spending thousands or more then I may consider it an issues. But you're right. It isn't our business.

Back on topic, after he finishes the whole Minecraft fad, can he replace that goal with SUPERMAN 64 on the Nintendo 64? Seriously, it would be epic to see him even try to finish the game, preferably while drunk. I imagine that would be one of his BEST playthroughs, ironic because it's one of the worst games.