The King of Hate Forums

Patreon GOAL Suggestions Thread! (Input Needed!)

So $500 to play an ongoing sandbox game weekly... replaced with a game that can probably be beaten in one sitting?

I imagine he will play S64 but I don't see that being a goal. Keep in mind we have a series were people can vote on games for him to play to completion. Just vote for S64.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See, this is what I'm  talking about with the oversharing.  You want to make more money and to do so you have to work more hours? That's pretty standard business, not an illness or affliction.  You ha

I'm sorry to say, but that is reality. You could in theory spend your free time learning how to use your new equipment, that is life. You sacrifice something to get results. For example, after work I

The fact of the matter is, you shouldn't be paid regardless to learn to use green screen, its the nature of your job. Does a writer get paid to learn how to write while on the job? No, he learns it as

Posted Images

​If you know what you're talking about then how about you explain how talking about something treats people like children and/or manipulates them. If you're answer is literally "He's not actually in debt" then show me prove and not speculation.

Your statements are full on ridiculous.

How ? Being in debt is pretty serious. I can't think of anyone i know that does things the way phil does, he buys expensive tickets to a convention for him and leanna, asked people for money to pay his taxes, spend a lot on a staycation, eats out 1-2 a week, etc. I've even asked people who are in debt management and they even state that it's bizarre to keep up habits you just can't afford.  The patreon account is something not everyone agrees with but i think everyone can agree that it's guilt trippy to beg fans for money to eliminate debt that should have never been collected in the first place.

"something treats people like children and/or manipulates them 

Do you know what the word even means ? anyone i've talked to that's seen phil's content will state he's manipulative. Manipulation doesn't need to be direct, actually understand the terminology before questioning others.

Back on topic, after he finishes the whole Minecraft fad, can he replace that goal with SUPERMAN 64 on the Nintendo 64? Seriously, it would be epic to see him even try to finish the game, preferably while drunk. I imagine that would be one of his BEST playthroughs, ironic because it's one of the worst games.

How about DOOM ? an oldschool FPS from 1993.  

The patreon account is something not everyone agrees with but i think everyone can agree that it's guilt trippy to beg fans for money to eliminate debt that should have never been collected in the first place.

​Speak for yourself. The Patreon page is to stabilize his income and assist his financial situation. How is that begging or guilt tripping?  No that would be if he was demanding that everyone donated and claimed they aren't fans if they don't.

You also seem to forget that the whole reason he moved was the save money in the long run and give him more opportunities. Not only that but the move was also for his personal life. He got a bigger place to move in with his girlfriend and he's in a state that's much easier to live in.

So let me get this straight. You're saying he shouldn't have moved in with his girlfriend in a state that's easier on his taxes and health and basically that he shouldn't make a decision to move to the next stage of his life to achieve happiness... because there was a small risk involved. The ironic thing here is that you're the one guilt tripping. You're telling him how to live his life and you're blamming him for taking a risk in his life to achomish his goals. Not only that but now you're getting upset because he found a solution around that risk despite it being a win win.

So here's my new goal suggestions.

$1200 Replay older playthroughs + a montage of the old playthrough once a month.

$1500 Bring back fan aprreciation/co-op once a month.

$2000 Bring back live calls. Give reserved positions to Patreons.

Also the marathon can be called Overdrive, mini-thon or Nothing I can do!

While it's not really proof of anything I feel it's a little suspect that he'll go on an on about how he started his Patreon because he accrued a lot of debt in the move and he's not making enough from his videos to pay it off,  but then turns around and spends hundreds on 3-day passes for ECCC and he'll inevitably spend a couple hundred on a nice hotel room for Leanna and himself. Not to mention the cost of the food for that whole trip as they'll be eating out every morning afternoon and night. That trip will end up costing quite a bit for something that's ultimately frivolous. You'd think a man who worked in finance would give paying off his debt priority over going to a comic con, but I suppose it's none of our business what Phil does with his money. 

​Did phil state how much it costed the 3 day passes? Either way passes to the cons aren't THAT expensive. My brother in law gets passes for the NYCC and that's 3 individual passes i'm guessing they were $75 each 
Also for the record phil has stated multiple times he's not broke and has money to spent BUT for the bills and everything else he's not exactly flourishing. That and the fact his condo hasn't been sold that also contributing to his shortages. 
The thing with Patreon is phil taking the stress off youtube of putting out thousands of videos over several months by selecting games to play and doing interesting projects so fans will be giving phil something and them getting something in return. I'll be honest, if socialblade is accurate, and if his patreon holds up in money, he could be making almost as much on patreon as his monthly contract which will help him in the long run. This isn't a short term goal, it's a long term goal for him. Spending $300 on a 3 day passes to the con isn't breaking the bank. lmao

In any event, as i said previously and other people this discussion of what phil uses his money on is completely and utterly irrelevant to the thread. It's not your right to tell him what to spend the money on, the only thing you should be concerned is if your getting the perks after paying. Everything else is non of your business. This isn't really me being a pro fan this is me stating the truth. 

Once Minecraft has been done, my thoughts on a replacement could be a retro playthrough, played once a week and a poll can be made in the patrons section on which retro game to play - Suikoden, FF4, Super Metroid etc etc

I am sure there are quite a few people who would love to see Phil play these, or other retro games, including myself.

what you guys think?

Once Minecraft has been done, my thoughts on a replacement could be a retro playthrough, played once a week and a poll can be made in the patrons section on which retro game to play - Suikoden, FF4, Super Metroid etc etc

I am sure there are quite a few people who would love to see Phil play these, or other retro games, including myself.

what you guys think?

​Again if you want him to play a specific game(s) for a playthrough you can just vote for it for Patreon's choice. Minecraft is an ongoing sandbox game. If something should replace it, it should be in that nature. Project Spark would be a great one.

what you guys think?

​After seeing him try to play minecraft, a game my 6yo cousin can play without help. I'd think phil should play DOOM, a game from 1993 that's an old school fps. It'll be a punishing experience for him and would be hilarious to watch.

​After seeing him try to play minecraft, a game my 6yo cousin can play without help. I'd think phil should play DOOM, a game from 1993 that's an old school fps. It'll be a punishing experience for him and would be hilarious to watch.

​He should play doom 2! Imagine Phil playing tricks and traps. It would be five stars. 

since you're not going to do a skype call-in on HATE Live anymore.

why not pledge $40 to do a private skype chat (I.e. not streamed or put on youtube) with Phil and the other patreoners (choice on whether to just chat through text or voice)

the reason why $40 is that no hater would figuratively pledge that much just to try and DOX him, and not have it streamed or recorded

i respectfully think this could work if this is a monthly basis sort of thing

I think he will actually like minecraft especially since he will have stream to help him similar to dark souls games. The game is kinda similar to them in how there is not much direction of what or how to do things. 

You guys sure are salty about the pointless title, despite not even donating more than $1 to him.

Can't wait to see him play Minecraft tomorrow, it's going to be hilarious however the game seems to be dumbed down now. I jumped on it last night and the monsters don't seem menacing at all anymore. Monsters like creepers used to be able to kill you in a single blast.

• Upvote 1

You guys sure are salty about the pointless title, despite not even donating more than $1 to him.

Can't wait to see him play Minecraft tomorrow, it's going to be hilarious however the game seems to be dumbed down now. I jumped on it last night and the monsters don't seem menacing at all anymore. Monsters like creepers used to be able to kill you in a single blast.

​Yes, because two people giving their opinion in the thread = "Salty".

Seriously, do you just say this shit half the time to stir things up in hopes of trying to seem smarter than you actually are?

• Upvote 5

​LoL Keith-kun, salty? The title is not pointless, because it is the exchange that Phil gives when the ppl donate. Like TG said, there should be custom titles,. But you are right Keith-kun, the title is pretty much pointless, because there can only be 1 most respected patreon, otherwise it will be negated (like now). Great work everybuddy

• Upvote 2

​lmao Salty over a title? good one KGh, we're giving constructive criticisms over how the title is incorrect: "Most Respected Patron" "Most Respected Patrons" Tell me what's different between these two quotes?

Anyway i still feel there needs more custom titles than this or at least correct the title. 
As far as Minecraft is concerned, no it's not dumb down. Jeb has stated the creepers were not properly balanced with damage output on his twitter a few years ago and he properly fixed it or "corrected" it as he stated, which likely happened on full release november 2011 however there's no real proof of how much they were reduced but by no means is it dumb down. 
There's actually several new mobs, and updates. Sheep now drop Meat and horses are now a permanent part of the game. It used to be horses were part of mo creatures mod but jeb and lydia decided to full add them. Minecraft is an ever growing game with free updates and constant improvement. New ores were added and new doors were added based off the wood of the tree. Enchanting has improved alot to the point you need Lapis to use, finally a worth for that item outside of it's blue dye. It's great

​lmao Salty over a title? good one KGh, we're giving constructive criticisms over how the title is incorrect: "Most Respected Patron" "Most Respected Patrons" Tell me what's different between these two quotes?

Apparently you care more than the people that actually have them.

"Without reason or logic, criticism for the sake of criticism."