The King of Hate Forums

One change in attitude I'd like to see in Phil is not doubling down.

Hokep

We all make faux pas, and phil is no different. However, when he's called out on it, he doubles down, insults people and gets angry. This just leads to more drama.

If Phil just went "Yeah that was my bad, sorry guys. Let's move on." People would be happy and forget about it.

What do you think?

It depends on what mistake you're talking about.

For most cases, when the error is just silly or insignificant, (like chat correcting him in something he did in a game), then that would probably work. There's no problem if Phil says: "My mistake, misunderstood your comment, chat.".

But for other things, (or if he does it constantly & on purpose), it would just be rude & an easy way of getting out. Just recently he straw-manned half his viewers when they posted concerning questions, saying "My bad, let's move on." won't do in those scenarios.

This image is a dramatization, please don't take it seriously:

MyBad.thumb.png.231d5ab7e1c9b0fcc45edde58ea00752.png

Well I mean stuff like the Kobe Bryant and game saves comment he made, it was poorly worded and he should have just quickly apologised and left it at that.

Sometimes he makes bad jokes like that one where he said "Look put that's a black woman! ....steals the backpack and runs away" and he got angry at chat when they called him out.

Think you can also look at the recent hat drama. If phil wanted to be like M Bison, there are plenty of M Bison hats he could order online.

If he didn't find any he could simply have explained it calmly, instead of going on a tirade. Lots of people enjoy poking at him because that's when his streams become entertaining.

Regarding the hat, it doesn't look like a "Nazi" one at all, simply because it's black-coloured, he looks more like an airline-pilot.

I know that it's just a joke, but there's no resemblance. It even says so in some of the places they're selling it. Pretty sure they're not referring to the Luftwaffe:

Pilot.thumb.png.b6980a7a099745876f477203acdf4e48.png

Like some people might be serious about it, but it looks closer to a Yugoslavian communist-cap or something, (the ones with the visor), but even then it's not like it. So they're not even getting what the opposite should be...

What do you guys think?

Edited by MoraMoria

50 minutes ago, Hokep said:

It's not an exact nazi hat, but phil gets extremely incensed instead of just brushing it off.

Drama can be fun sometimes, but when it's the only fun thing it's an issue.

If that's your only reason for watching the stream, don't be surprised if he bans you from it.

Yeah being more entertaining is definitely a plus, but I am saying that a lot of people enjoy drama and that's why they come to the streams. Whether Phil chooses to keep engaging them is up to him, but my advice is to not fall into that trap.

But then again, viewers do donate a lot when he rages, so it's a double edged sword.

It's his prerogative if he wants to wear whatever hat he wants to wear, but I also don't understand the concept of "I can't wear this now, or it'll force it out of the rotation", you can wear it two streams in a row if you wanna. I also don't get this idea that trolls are spite-voting on purpose to "ruin the stream", I'm not going to assume the position of "what's the point of voting if you won't do what we voted for?", but IMO what's the point of running polls and all that if you're that convinced that people are just going to vote for the """Wrong Thing'"" (heavy quotes) on purpose.

Edited by wheredoisignup

Phil has the right to do anything he wants to do, it's his stream you can't force him to do anything. Trolls are just trying to instigate this truly sickening suspicion that he's trying to be greedy or something by having folks hit the hat goal twice, but in the real world outside of the loony conspiracy theorist QAnon troll hovels Phil's real fans know what's up. Phil is actually doing it for his viewer's sake because he knows that people want to see the M. Bison hat on the street fighter night stream but mentally ill trolls flooded fake votes in the poll to hurt fans enjoyment of the night stream.

Phil performs a kind and sensible deed for his viewers and the trolls spin it into something toxic and negative. It's really unbelievable how low they'll go.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, dashurkaliderri said:

Phil has the right to do anything he wants to do, it's his stream you can't force him to do anything. Trolls are just trying to instigate this truly sickening suspicion that he's trying to be greedy or something by having folks hit the hat goal twice,

Dear lord.....

My opinion in regards to making polls, (I'll stick to Youtube), is that Phil has to go with the expectation that some people will try to """ruin""" them, since there are those in restreams that can switch chats and vote with barely any effort, but for the previous scenario, it wouldn't even ruin anything since it was just about choosing a hat. He could have worn it for both streams, even if it's just for the fans. (Since he doesn't have a "boss", there's room for flexibility and it even benefits him since giving the viewers some appreciation is a main pillar of his job.)

But, in the case that the poll is actually something "incredibly serious", (for whatever reason), then the obvious thing to mention is responsability. If you make a poll & ask people to choose what they want, you're taking the chance & responsability that the result could not be of your liking, but that's part of the process.

Without evidence that "trolls" did anything, or even that it wasn't your main audience trying to do so as a harmless joke, then it just comes down to you not liking the result & a questionable hunch for malicious actors. It loses all meaning.

I have to say that some time ago I made a thread about polls when he was on Twitch, but this was more in regards to that site, TKOH-nominations, and for preventing multiple voters & bots. Not that relevant as of now.

Spoiler

On 9/9/2021 at 11:47 AM, MoraMoria said:

What is Phil doing? That wasn't nice at all.

I wasn't there when it happened, but people talking about Kanye/Drake/whoever shouldn't get them in trouble. It's a chat, it's bound to have "derailment".

Timestamp: [4:02 - 5:07]

Oh yeah, I was there for that. I don't understand why he did that. During the stream there were people trying to talk to him and that didn't really get a response (I think people here are familiar with this kind of thing for Phil). And honestly, it seems normal for people to talk about different stuff amongst themselves during a stream. That segment of the video looks like a big overreaction to me. Especially since there is someone who attends his streams that I have seen frequently who is always giving him information about the game so its not like he needed everyone chatting about the game specifically to tell him what to do.

49 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Oh yeah, I was there for that. I don't understand why he did that. During the stream there were people trying to talk to him and that didn't really get a response (I think people here are familiar with this kind of thing for Phil). And honestly, it seems normal for people to talk about different stuff amongst themselves during a stream. That segment of the video looks like a big overreaction to me. Especially since there is someone who attends his streams that I have seen frequently who is always giving him information about the game so its not like he needed everyone chatting about the game specifically to tell him what to do.

Right? It's common sense.

I've seen that type of behaviour when the person is already in a bad mood/stressed out by something else, then all it takes is a little push to detonate them. Professionalism comes with being able to act rationally despite the pressure, specially when otherwise you'd be punishing a fan for no valid reason.

··

···

·····

Or maybe he really doesn't like Kanye...

Kanye.thumb.jpg.afb64b223f42ec697ab97e08e3900c48.jpg

What would people do though?

As long as they follow basic decency it should be fine, are they just going to come in and insult everyone? The name doesn't even matter to begin with.

The "organizer" made the comment public knowing that a moderator would alert Phil, I'd bet, so maybe the plan is to make him pin that exact message as evidence of the "rent free" saying. That is so super crazy!

Raid.png.557b5e3752bd5d2907dd38e344740500.png

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

The "organizer" made the comment public knowing that a moderator would alert Phil, I'd bet, so maybe the plan is to make him pin that exact message as evidence of the "rent free" saying. That is so super crazy!

I won't be banning any Karl's here, as long as they follow the rules.