The King of Hate Forums

One change in attitude I'd like to see in Phil is not doubling down.

Hokep

It's his stream, but Phil has often shut down any fun chatters are having especially when it doesn't involve him.

Sometimes people will be joking and having a good time, then Phil pauses the game to tell the stream to talk about him or the game. It just makes people not want to chat if what you can talk about is so strict.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hokep said:

Sometimes people will be joking and having a good time, then Phil pauses the game to tell the stream to talk about him or the game. It just makes people not want to chat if what you can talk about is so strict.

Yeah, I don't know any streamers that do that. People are allowed to talk about whatever they want on twitch and youtube, there's no rule that they have to chat about the game being streamed. Oh well.

To be fair, if people started talking about politics or random bullshit in other streams I'm sure the streamers would crack down on it too.

14 minutes ago, ItWasAllTrue said:

He only owns one Nazi hat. Why is he pretending the hat is blue? It's obviously black, even the store page says so.

You're right, it's black.

However it resembles nothing like a "Nazi hat" at all. It's a classic one with the visor that happens to be black, the emblem is the important part.

If anything, it resembles those ones that people wore with the Gakuran, (which actually comes from the "Prussian Waffenrock", the garment). But there's a big leap with what people have mentioned.

Edited by MoraMoria

• 2 weeks later...

Don't care anymore. As a 5 month sub he shadowbanned me. Be a man and ban people outright instead of sneaky stuff like this so you can keep getting my monthly sub. I won't turn into some detractor but I also am aware of his BS. 

On 10/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, Aceman said:

Don't care anymore. As a 5 month sub he shadowbanned me. Be a man and ban people outright instead of sneaky stuff like this so you can keep getting my monthly sub. I won't turn into some detractor but I also am aware of his BS. 

Some people skate by and some loyal fans get banned. It seems random at times what people will get banned for. The most innocuous stuff can lead to a ban. What got you shadow banned?

On 10/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, Aceman said:

To be fair I also got shadow banned from his streams, he undid it when I emailed him. Probably some asshat twitch mod, he's been going through a lot of bad ones lately.

If you email and let him know he'll likely undo it.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:37 PM, Hokep said:

We all make faux pas, and phil is no different. However, when he's called out on it, he doubles down, insults people and gets angry. This just leads to more drama.

If Phil just went "Yeah that was my bad, sorry guys. Let's move on." People would be happy and forget about it.

What do you think?

DSP is honest about the gaming industry which is part of his appeal.

I think he has earned the right to shit talk since he's been around longer than 90% of streamers.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:07 AM, WorthIts said:

DSP is honest about the gaming industry which is part of his appeal.

I think he has earned the right to shit talk since he's been around longer than 90% of streamers.

is he honest about the gaming industry because it's not paying his bills?

On 10/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, MoraMoria said:

@Dead2009

Can you put a specific example when Phil is not honest about the "gaming industry"?

Maybe that way, the conversation with @WorthIts will get somewhere.

If a game is not helping his stream financially, the game is bad. It's trash. It's got bad code. Just go and watch the COD stuff. If hes bad at the game, its the games fault, not his.

If the game is super popular, bringing in money and hes semi decent at it, it's a great game and he doesnt know why people arent playing it.

15 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

If a game is not helping his stream financially, the game is bad. It's trash. It's got bad code. Just go and watch the COD stuff. If hes bad at the game, its the games fault, not his.

If the game is super popular, bringing in money and hes semi decent at it, it's a great game and he doesnt know why people arent playing it.

Well, the stream want to watch exciting games right? So fair enough to assume people dont want to see games with bad code. It's why Fallout 76 tanked kid.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, esi said:

Posts get deleted? 

Deleted and/or hidden.

Do you see the bent arrow on the far right of a quoted comment? If you click on it, it will redirect you to the post unless it suffered that fate.

The arrow: Arrow.png.8bd4962bcdba918bed81e29528c0959a.png

I haven't tested it yet, but you might be able to create a fake quote that redirects somewhere else in the Forum by using BBCode/HTML, as a little prank that will get unnoticed.

And finally, if it gets hidden, the comment will be visible for all moderators with that power, isn't that nice?

Hidden.thumb.png.5d0231d5eb0a8899ac303c6650a72c3a.png

Edited by MoraMoria

Actually, do you know something funny? It's hilarious.

The Forum allows certain HTML attribute that can be used to send cheeky messages, publicly, (outside of PMs), that will only be read by those who find the way to do it...

It's not difficult at all to notice, but it's so funny if it's not discovered by others.

Laugh.thumb.gif.1f77f9300e948a55fdeacb8de8b6e740.gif

I do enjoy his playthroughs and his commentary are fun to listen to. I understand many people have A LOT of issues with him but I personally think the only thing he can tone down on is being super transparent about money and bills. This definitely drives a lot of people away because people watch streamers like they watch TV, to relax and escape from reality. Bills are something any adults worries about and unfortunately, they don't want to be reminded when they're trying to watch.

Because of this I do miss the old DSP when he used to never talk about money and had offline sessions having fun with friends.