The King of Hate Forums

One change in attitude I'd like to see in Phil is not doubling down.

Hokep

7 hours ago, giovanny4312 said:

I do enjoy his playthroughs and his commentary are fun to listen to. I understand many people have A LOT of issues with him but I personally think the only thing he can tone down on is being super transparent about money and bills. This definitely drives a lot of people away because people watch streamers like they watch TV, to relax and escape from reality. Bills are something any adults worries about and unfortunately, they don't want to be reminded when they're trying to watch.

Because of this I do miss the old DSP when he used to never talk about money and had offline sessions having fun with friends.

My friend, I think we all miss the old DSP.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 10:55 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

My friend, I think we all miss the old DSP.

Yeah, me too dudes. I agree with giovanny and you. I miss the old Dsp, well the good things.

I miss when he had lots and lots of money, kicking Evo champ Justin Wong's butt in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and had that John Rambo Dhalsim dude and others with him, doing all kinds of fun crazy hilarious skits and things on youtube.

Heck even Maximillian Dood and other youtubers, who are into gaming, would also talk him up big. It sucks how things turned out for him, and other famous competitive fighting gaming youtubers, as time passed on.

Edited by musicboy

1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Heck even Maximillian Dood and other youtubers, who are into gaming, would also talk him up big. It sucks how things turned out for him, and other famous competitive fighting gaming youtubers, as time passed on.

Yep, he's played DSP in the past.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, musicboy said:

I miss when he had lots and lots of money, kicking Evo champ Justin Wong's butt in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and had that John Rambo Dhalsim dude and others with him, doing all kinds of fun crazy hilarious skits and things on youtube.

that's amazing he beat Justin Wong in ssf2t. His boxer was really good in his prime. I also liked how he did stuff with other content creators. Remember when he did a friendly first to 10 against a fellow street fighter Youtuber FREE1UP? That was really entertaining.

• Like 1

Just now, giovanny4312 said:

that's amazing he beat Justin Wong in ssf2t. His boxer was really good in his prime. I also liked how he did stuff with other content creators. Remember when he did a friendly first to 10 against a fellow street fighter Youtuber FREE1UP? That was really entertaining.

Yeah. I almost forgot about that.

23 minutes ago, dorpflarm said:

People stopped doing content with him because he was either being disrespectful, unprofessional or keeping a part of the profit for himself.

Did you forget all the scams he did with project 7? He took the money and ran.
Did you forget the patreon rewards? Didnt apply them.
Did you forget the 2k reveal for Jasper? He got the money.

No. Quite big accusations. Have you any proof to back them up?

4 hours ago, dorpflarm said:

People stopped doing content with him because he was either being disrespectful, unprofessional or keeping a part of the profit for himself.

Did you forget all the scams he did with project 7? He took the money and ran.
Did you forget the patreon rewards? Didnt apply them.
Did you forget the 2k reveal for Jasper? He got the money.

I think the main reason why people stopped working with them is because the massive amount of trolls. They're afraid to get trolled for working with DSP. Back in the day when he had a 90+% likes on his videos, everyone wanted to collab with him. FREE1UP and TKK both had a friendly first to 10 and they only had nice things to say about him.

As for Project7 the main thing DSP was guilty of is doing business with friends, which you should never do.  If DSP hired independent contractors, I'm sure he would've been still friends with them.

In regards to Jasper, the major problem that I see is that people guessed it was a pet, (maybe even a cat, I'd have to rewatch it), but he flat out denied it.

If he wanted it to be a "surprise" he should have not said a word, but denying it is pretty bad in my opinion, it wouldn't be in my working ethics.

The Patreon rewards I have not looked at, but I know Phil considers them things creators do as appreciation, not as a direct products/services given for their purchase.

I don't agree with this either, but I'd have to re-read Patreon TOS to be sure.

How about you both stop or I put you on time out for a week? @dorpflarm @WorthIts

Knock it off.

7 hours ago, giovanny4312 said:

As for Project7 the main thing DSP was guilty of is doing business with friends, which you should never do.  If DSP hired independent contractors, I'm sure he would've been still friends with them.

The main issue is they apparently had issues with Phil but didn't call or talk to him about it. The minute he left for Washington with his gf they cut ties with him. Pretty shitty friends, man.

I liked Rambo too. It's pretty clear he was annoyed that his own Youtube channel and Staybally stuff never took off.

*Stayballsy

Lets be real here. Putting a 2k$ goal for a reveal that would be “positive to the stream” and turns out to be just a cat is a shitty move. He also said that taking care of jasper would not affect his financials since its just one cat. Now hes using jaspers food as excuse for his begging too.

12 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

Lets be real here. Putting a 2k$ goal for a reveal that would be “positive to the stream” and turns out to be just a cat is a shitty move. He also said that taking care of jasper would not affect his financials since its just one cat. Now hes using jaspers food as excuse for his begging too.

I forgot to put that in my post as well, in my opinion if you're in a bad financial situation you just don't get a pet, (like a cat), you'd at least wait until you overcome whatever the problem is. It's unnecessary expenditures when you mention that you're having troubles with groceries, (the times that he did).

Luckily he has a wife that is living in their home, and hopefully loves him, so it's not like he's alone.

6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I forgot to put that in my post as well, in my opinion if you're in a bad financial situation you just don't get a pet, (like a cat), you'd at least wait until you overcome whatever the problem is. It's unnecessary expenditures when you mention that you're having troubles with groceries, (the times that he did).

Luckily he has a wife that is living in their home, and hopefully loves him, so it's not like he's alone.

I agree that he shouldn't have gotten a cat since he's always struggling with money. Cost definitely adds up from liter,  food, toys, and later in life, vet fees and medication. I've had a cat and we have spent thousands on vet fees during her lifetime and she died last year from lung cancer. Just hoping he won't want to have a child because that is way WAY more than cat expenses especially daycare. If he does he should definitely get his finances sorted out first.

As for $2k paywall, that's not necessary true. It was $1k for the reveal and some generous person donated $1k after.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:03 AM, Cappuccino said:

That goal was just him being greedy and completely unoriginal. It’s the same deal with about anything “positive” he does with his streams…it’s just him building up something totally lame and boring. Todays a good example…it’s literally Thanksgiving…and he’s falling over himself trying to pump up Xmas notifications. He’s a 40 year old rock at this point.