Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Halloween 2021 Gaming Marathon Nominations Thread!


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! It's that time again where YOU nominate games for my upcoming Halloween marathon event!

The games do NOT have to be horror-themed, but those are certainly welcomed given that it's a Halloween event!

Please nominate games you want to see here, based on the following criteria:

1. No game I've already played in the last 2 years
2. No RPGs or lengthy games that would take hours to get into (as I'm only playing each game for roughly an hour or so)
3. No Street Fighter V. Sorry, I just hate the game and am not ever going back to it.
4. No games that are not easily accessible on a modern console. For example, a game that's readily available to play off of PSN or Xbox Live for PS3/4/5, or Xbox 360/One/Series X is fine. An obscure game for PS2 only that requires the game disc to play and costs $100 off of Amazon/eBay is NOT going to happen!
5. NO PC GAMES! Sorry but with my current setup, my CPU could not handle running a game AND capturing at 1080p/60fps simultaneously.

 

The games that are most nominated will make it to a final poll which you will vote on, and the most-voted games will make it into the final event!

 

Thanks and good luck!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zombies ate my Neighbors(It got far enough into the voting last year but wasn't out on a console, they just did a port of the game over to current consoles however as of this year)

God Hand(Continuing it) 

Maximo: Ghosts 2 Glory

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Manhunt(Please play this again, it's not a bad stealth game at all)

Edited by Blackspawn89
Link to post
Share on other sites

Halo 3 ODST. 

It's eery, dark, perfect for Halloween.

You can play the campaign and get a fresh look at a game you haven't played in 10 years. 

Also you can make new judgements based on the improvements made since it was added to the Master Chief Collection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Five Nights At Freddy's: Sister Location (already installed)
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (PS4/Xbox available)

Grabbed By The Ghoulies (Xbox Game Pass via Rare Replay)

Costume Quest (PS3/360)

Sonic Unleashed (PS4/Xbox One)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol (Xbox One/Switch)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KiwiHerman said:

Sonic Unleashed (PS4/Xbox One)

Just to clarify with this one, you'd want to play this on Xbox Series X, as the game got a performance boost and should run at a constant 30fps unlike the previous generations (the engine was so advanced the 360/PS3 just couldn't handle the game enough, not even xbox one could run it smoothly)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time no see guys!

I nominate Catherine Full Body!

It has a horror theme and you can get the gist of the story and try some of the first few levels in less than an hour. It does have new gameplay mechanics added and it fits all your 5 rules. I think many people would contribute too because we've been dying to see Phil play it for years! Please don't count it out!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffPh1lFromTheEarly2000s said:

Long time no see guys!

I nominate Catherine Full Body!

It has a horror theme and you can get the gist of the story and try some of the first few levels in less than an hour. It does have new gameplay mechanics added and it fits all your 5 rules. I think many people would contribute too because we've been dying to see Phil play it for years! Please don't count it out!

You're right‼ I also nominate that one.

I'll add: "Furi" as well.


If it wasn't because of the 4th rule, I'd also add "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses", he definitely could play it with an emulator.

I wanted to see Phil's rusty dueling skills in action.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

If it wasn't because of the 4th rule, I'd also add "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses", he definitely could play it with an emulator.

I wanted to see Phil's rusty dueling skills in action.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist : Link Evolution is available.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Daishi said:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist : Link Evolution is available.

Thank you!

But that one might be too overwhelming for Phil since it's the actual card-game, (I'm not sure if he knows how to play it), while the Duelist of the Roses is more intuitive, at least in some ways, since you play it by moving the monsters on the field, like chess.

He could pull off some cool strategies without needing to know much about Yu-Gi-Oh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Ball FighterZ! It's a game Phil played for a bit, and now it's in 4th season with a bunch of new characters, balance changes and mechanics.

Predator: Hunting Grounds is free on steam now, it's basically like Left 4 Dead.

Hollow Knight would be fun too.

Edited by Hokep
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Thank you!

But that one might be too overwhelming for Phil since it's the actual card-game, (I'm not sure if he knows how to play it), while the Duelist of the Roses is more intuitive, at least in some ways, since you play it by moving the monsters on the field, like chess.

He could pull off some cool strategies without needing to know much about Yu-Gi-Oh.

well Phil could use the standard story decks and have a quick guide thrown at him about how to play if he does the Duelist Kingdom story.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daishi said:

well Phil could use the standard story decks and have a quick guide thrown at him about how to play if he does the Duelist Kingdom story.

I'd probably nominate that one if it was a full playthrough, but I can already see him being in the menu and not getting past the first Kaiba fight for this event.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I'd probably nominate that one if it was a full playthrough, but I can already see him being in the menu and not getting past the first Kaiba fight for this event.

A full playthrough would be interesting for sure. Issac will suffice for haloween though :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...