The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Forum Improvement Suggestions

I'd like there to be an option whether you'd like to imbed a video or not, I've been trying to create some compilation topics with links to Phil's playthroughs but they keep resolving to these giant imbedded youtube windows which crash my browser. I see no option that allows me to just post a simple link.

Could we have Icon for "Spoilers" as well? With the new year, the one thread that will use Spoiler alot is the Funniest Moments of 2015 to prevent the page from having massive page loading.

Edited by God_Revan

I saw that button, I'll try it...it's just that I wanted to create a compilation topic featuring a bunch of old series and it would take a while to go through and do that. Just posting a link shouldn't produce that giant imbedded video, just my thought. On the old forums the links would be highlight-able, but that was it.

A lot of the stuff people are asking for was user-created on the last forum, most of which has not been released for this version of IP.Boards yet since this is in beta. Wait for the full release then people will start to release plugins for the forum software.

The other forum software had this option to press a button to see the BBCode of your post. Not sure if that can be made with this software, because there is no button for it now. A preview post/preview thread option would be nice too, because there is only a submit option now.

Edit: The spacing when pressing enter to go make a new sentence is too big, in my opinion.

Example:

I guess I'm in the minority but I'd like the background to stay the color it is now.  Dark backgrounds bother my eyes quite a bit, and this gray is dark enough that it's not too far in the other direction.

Perhaps if it's possible to offer people a choice of two skins, that way people can pick between this one and a dark one if they want...

Is it me or is there no option to edit certain (but still your own) earlier posts? 

For instance, I could not (and still cannot) edit my posts in the Ask the King section. However, after posting this very entry, I saw the Edit button next to the Quote button. That Edit button does not appear at my other posts.

Can you give us the ability to delete our posts as well? I tested using Internet explorer 10 and noticed it double posts everything I type, Firefox and other browsers appear to work fine.

On previous editions of the forum, we were given the ability to change the title of the threads we made.  For example, when one round in the UVGB ended, I would change the thread title to let everyone know that we're on the next round.  Please bring it back.

• Upvote 1

I made it so now members can edit their posts for 1 day after its been posted.

​That makes absolutely no sense. Users should have free reign to edit their posts whenever they want. It shouldn't be limited.

• Upvote 6

​That makes absolutely no sense. Users should have free reign to edit their posts whenever they want. It shouldn't be limited.

​Agreed.  There's no reason we shouldn't be able to edit our posts as long as the thread is still open.

EDIT: Also I'm really starting to agree with the person who asked about being able to see the BB Code and edit that way.  This editor is pissing me off, especially the quote boxes and the multiple line breaks when you press enter/return.

​Having the Rep system back is nice but as always, it may be proned for people misusing it for trolling purposes or just plain hateful actions.

​Yeah, I just became a victim of what you just said.  Some guy just randomly downvoted some of my posts for no reason. 

​Yeah, I just became a victim of what you just said.  Some guy just randomly downvoted some of my posts for no reason. 

​I know, by ButtBurger. I'm thinking that there should be a reporting system for the Rep as well. KG got hit too but...I don't know if he's actually a victim as well or isn't using his words right. I'll reserve judgement for later.

Edited by God_Revan

I remember on the other forums that double posting was discouraged. Wasn't there a system in place to combine the two posts to reduce clutter? Is that gone now?

​That is a VERY good question. I completely forgot about that.

1. Give the users the ability to choose the background color. At least have black as an option as the white one is too bright in my opinion and my eyes don't like it.

2. Create a sports section and have wrestling as it's own sub-section. There are a lot of wrestling fans here and it should have it's own place for discussion about news etc.

3. Forum games section. They were quite popular in the previous forums so we should have own section for them so other sections wouldn't be so cluttered.

• Upvote 1