The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Forum Improvement Suggestions

How do you disable notifications? I'm getting a hundred of them sent to my email, even though I went into notification settings and set it to only send me one per week.

1. Give the users the ability to choose the background color. At least have black as an option as the white one is too bright in my opinion and my eyes don't like it.

2. Create a sports section and have wrestling as it's own sub-section. There are a lot of wrestling fans here and it should have it's own place for discussion about news etc.

3. Forum games section. They were quite popular in the previous forums so we should have own section for them so other sections wouldn't be so cluttered.

​I thought Phil wanted this to be minimalist, I'm  not sure what the odds of that are. He said he wanted it to be a place to talk about his content as the primary focus, not 'hanging out with friends' (paraphrasing).

​I thought Phil wanted this to be minimalist, I'm  not sure what the odds of that are. He said he wanted it to be a place to talk about his content as the primary focus, not 'hanging out with friends' (paraphrasing).

​People would still be talking about Phil's content. Those sections would just enable people to talk about their interests and have some fun. If this were to be only a place where people would just talk about Phil's content, these would die soon and Phil would have wasted a lot of money to get these forums.

• Upvote 2

I've had problem with logging in, when I was on this website for the first time. It turns out, that I had to use my e-mail to log in, yet it said to type your username. That's pretty confusing if you ask me. So, I think that you should make it more clear to the newcomers, on what should they write, to log in, in this website.

Other than that, I didn't encounter problems with this site (with exceptions of editing things, but that was already covered by other users.). 

yea a darker background or maybe custom background, signatures, and like said above shout chat box back too

also possibly fix the bugs with outlook/yahoo confirm emails so only some can register or u gotta make new one if u jus have like outlook as ur only email

Alot of the 3rd Gen forums had alot to be desired here.

​I did set it to "One email per week with all new content from that week," however I'm still getting emails.

​It's under that. There should be two columns saying "Notification"  and  "Email". Grey the email ones and its done.

Edited by God_Revan

Is the Private Messaging working? I just tried to PM someone and there is no way to actually type out a message. It just shows an attachment, but no place to type a message. Unless I'm just missing something. 

• Upvote 1

Is the Private Messaging working? I just tried to PM someone and there is no way to actually type out a message. It just shows an attachment, but no place to type a message. Unless I'm just missing something. 

​Yeah there's that problem and I reported it to Onyx already.

​Try clearing out the browser cache. It worked for me.

Something I think most people would like is Phil being more active on this forum than he was on the last one. I mean, it's not really fan interaction if he doesn't interact with the fans.

Also, perhaps a judgement system should be put in place. KG seems to be treated unfairly based upon his acts outside of the forum. What he does beyond this website should hold no bearing on his reputation, in my opinion.

​I agree. 

Also, perhaps a judgement system should be put in place. KG seems to be treated unfairly based upon his acts outside of the forum. What he does beyond this website should hold no bearing on his reputation, in my opinion.

​What is a judgement system?

​eh, it's going to happen so I'm not too concerned about it. I think the system is easily abused though. I recognize many of the dislike names from arguments I've had with detractors on twitter before. I know who they are and what they are doing. I wouldn't give them any attention though because that's what they want. They are reading this and likely posting it on twitter right now to joke about.

However I would like the ability to block known trolls. I haven't figured out what the ignore list is for yet.

• Upvote 1

Come on, Jimmy. It's a system where the mods determine whether or not a rep addition or subtraction was warranted. I mean, a comment such as "how do I disable emails?" is hardly worthy of such ambiguous and empty "I was offended by this" points.

​Trust me, that is way too much work for a mod to do - you won't understand the amount of "I got negative rep!" messages they get. If it's only a visual thing who gives a shit?

​eh, it's going to happen so I'm not too concerned about it.

​Trust me, that is way too much work for a mod to do - you won't understand the amount of "I got negative rep!" messages they get. If it's only a visual thing who gives a shit?

​nomad_510 is the first to get banned for vote brigading. And RustyShackleford gets a warning.

• Upvote 2

​nomad_510 is the first to get banned for vote brigading. And RustyShackleford gets a warning.

​Might I suggest if people are going to be banned for giving too much negative rep you be more transparent regarding actual proof?  If I look at who gave what to who everyone is named guest.  This would negate any possible shadiness and see no repeats of the famous 'banned for being a ban evader' with no proof from the old forums.