The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Forum Improvement Suggestions

If anyone is interested in applying for a mod position just send a mail at moderation@thekingofhate.com and we're going to contact you about it should we like what we see. Include forum username/twitter.

Extra points if its written as a poem and it rhymes.

I'm just kidding about the poem and rhyming part.

​Ok thank you I just sent the email to that address.

I would suggest removing the 1 minute cooldown on private messages. It sucks having to wait for a full minute when you're replying to multiple people.

===========================

I think Phil and the moderators should have a weekly or monthly meeting to discuss things. Just about how the forum is doing, improvements that can be made and such. It could be helpful and it would keep all of the staff on the same page.

​...what makes you think they don't already do that? It's none of our business what they talk about.

​ I'm pretty sure they don't discuss weekly or monthly. It would be a good idea though. Monthly might be a bit too difficult for people with busy schedules. But every 4 months would be a very good evaluation period to make some major changes if necessary.

Even so, I'm not sure if Phil would be up for it.

I'm not sure if this is the case yet, but if it's not, it should be taken into consideration.
Have enough moderators in each timezone so that there is around the clock moderation possible.

Making quoting hiërarchical. Right now, if you quote someone who's quoting someone else, it only shows the person you're quoting. This is rather annoying because if you haven't been following the conversation, you have to look at which post he was quoting until you find the first post in the chain. Having quotes within quotes up to (let's just pick a number for the sake of it) 5 levels, it makes things much easier to follow.

On top of that, it might also be a good idea to have quotes autocollapse embedded media like images and videos. Maybe also collapse really really long posts.

• Upvote 1

I would suggest removing the 1 minute cooldown on private messages. It sucks having to wait for a full minute when you're replying to multiple people.

​ I'm pretty sure they don't discuss weekly or monthly. It would be a good idea though. Monthly might be a bit too difficult for people with busy schedules. But every 4 months would be a very good evaluation period to make some major changes if necessary.

Even so, I'm not sure if Phil would be up for it.

I'm not sure if this is the case yet, but if it's not, it should be taken into consideration.
Have enough moderators in each timezone so that there is around the clock moderation possible.

Making quoting hiërarchical. Right now, if you quote someone who's quoting someone else, it only shows the person you're quoting. This is rather annoying because if you haven't been following the conversation, you have to look at which post he was quoting until you find the first post in the chain. Having quotes within quotes up to (let's just pick a number for the sake of it) 5 levels, it makes things much easier to follow.

On top of that, it might also be a good idea to have quotes autocollapse embedded media like images and videos. Maybe also collapse really really long posts.

​Spoken like somebody with experience....

• Upvote 1

I think we should be able to put signatures on the forums, obviously with the size limitations so it doesn't take the whole page 

also how come the dislikes were removed on the posts? i liked the like/dislike system

Looks like video linking is still broken, my DSP/Rambo compilation is broken all to hell due to the imbedding. Nothing I could do!

Looks like video linking is still broken, my DSP/Rambo compilation is broken all to hell due to the imbedding. Nothing I could do!

​Still iin beta, loads is broken

I think if user's create controversial posts which end up being locked, they shouldn't be allowed to just create another one or put a "2" at the end to make it seem different, nor do I think people should be able to just create new accounts to get around bans like "RandomUser2."

I also feel like these locked topics shouldn't be kept on the board and should be deleted, they will clutter the board and all these negative topics will scare off new members who join the forum and give them the wrong impression.

​I think the mods previously explained that threads cannot be deleted, as of now. I agree that's a change that needs to be made. 

​They completely removed a thread yesterday from the forums everytime I try to get back to it through my notifications I get a 403 forbidden error 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but is anyone else having the problem on mobile when typing a post that sometimes one of your words will duplicate it's self 4-5 times in a row for no reason.I thought it might just be me at first but I haven't experienced it happening on anything else I use except this forum 

​They completely removed a thread yesterday from the forums everytime I try to get back to it through my notifications I get a 403 forbidden error 

​Yeah, I realized that immediately after I posted that comment. 

We had a discussion and locked threads will be hidden after a short period of time for people to see that they've been locked. I agree it was cluttering pages.

While I have some downtime from this marathon I'm watching, I'd just like to say that something clearly needs to be done here on the forums.  People are afraid to speak their minds, lest they be banned... threads about anything and everything are cropping up, frequently undermining the moderators and administration or "reviving" previously locked threads... existing threads are frequently getting derailed to a point where it's beyond recovery and "off-brand" duplicates seem to be a new trend.  The fear of threads being locked always​ pops up in a lot of topics, too...  Basically, this place is just a mess of discord and hostility from all sides.  And there doesn't seem to be anyone end to it in sight, thanks in-part to inefficient moderating and in-part to the fact moderators can't do their jobs without getting harassed or "called-out", usually by a group of people, or sometimes passive-aggressively via forum threads.

At this point, I genuinely think scrapping the forums altogether in lew of a Twitter or Image Booru specifically for fan art would be the best option.  But obviously, Phil and his team have final say in matters such as that.  I'm just giving my feedback.

While I have some downtime from this marathon I'm watching, I'd just like to say that something clearly needs to be done here on the forums.  People are afraid to speak their minds, lest they be banned... threads about anything and everything are cropping up, frequently undermining the moderators and administration or "reviving" previously locked threads... existing threads are frequently getting derailed to a point where it's beyond recovery and "off-brand" duplicates seem to be a new trend.  The fear of threads being locked always​ pops up in a lot of topics, too...  Basically, this place is just a mess of discord and hostility from all sides.  And there doesn't seem to be anyone end to it in sight, thanks in-part to inefficient moderating and in-part to the fact moderators can't do their jobs without getting harassed or "called-out", usually by a group of people, or sometimes passive-aggressively via forum threads.

At this point, I genuinely think scrapping the forums altogether in lew of a Twitter or Image Booru specifically for fan art would be the best option.  But obviously, Phil and his team have final say in matters such as that.  I'm just giving my feedback.

​So your "Forum Improvement Suggestion" is to get rid of the forums? Who are you? 

• Upvote 1

​Joseph, you seem to be a mess of contradictions.

You talk about people being afraid of being banned and then suggest action (banning maybe?) against various types of threads or members that undermine moderators & moderation? This suggests that if moderation standards were improved, the forum would be acceptable to yourself? Even then, you think this would not be enough and that you would rather see the forum itself removed??

Why is it that you are here exactly if you would rather the place didn't exist?

A suggestion for you - perhaps simply removing yourself from the forums may provide all the answers you seek?

• Upvote 1

On other forums I go on the mods have a forum section of their own but it's hidden from normal viewers. This would make more sense than having a meeting every month which might be difficult. Is there a way to ignore certain users posts? There is one person who I don't like reading what they post but I couldn't find an ignore button. 

On other forums I go on the mods have a forum section of their own but it's hidden from normal viewers. This would make more sense than having a meeting every month which might be difficult. Is there a way to ignore certain users posts? There is one person who I don't like reading what they post but I couldn't find an ignore button. 

​Yeah, I have that same problem. I keep trying to go to ignore some members but it says that I'm "not allowed to". =( Oh, not sure if you're still having the problem, but if you put your mouse over their name, a litlte pop-up appears with the "Ignore User" option.

Here is an idea - how about Mods and Admins give the reasons, why they are giving warning points to other people, because recently many people (including me) had received a warning point, without any reasons why.

​I second that. In fact, transparency in the actions of the Mods and Admins would be welcome, because basically users receive warning points without getting a chance to apply for them. Well, aside from exposing the treatment they get from moderators in private messages, which should be prevented. After all, mods are there to cool the situation, not to put more fuel to the fire.