The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Forum Improvement Suggestions

Here is an idea - how about Mods and Admins give the reasons, why they are giving warning points to other people, because recently many people (including me) had received a warning point, without any reasons why.

​This.  Not only should there be a reason so that the user knows what they did that was an infraction on the rules (because people interpret rules/directions differently); but this would give other users an understanding of what gets them probated/banned.  It just makes it clear for everyone.

• Upvote 2

Can we add a timer after every post, to stop people from posting more than once within a few minutes? That would stop the forum from double posting my stuff. <_<

Can we add a timer after every post, to stop people from posting more than once within a few minutes? That would stop the forum from double posting my stuff. <_<

​Or you could ya know be patient and let the page reload to show the post rather than clicking submit twice.

• Upvote 1

Stop letting Phil bully people by closing threads however he likes, deleting posts supposedly under the reason of "irrelevant" or "hate", and handing out warning points like candy unecessarily. Instead of deleting the posts, maybe have an option to hide them like "Spam". That way, we don't have to just take a mods word that it was breaking the rules, etc.

• Upvote 2

Stop letting Phil bully people by closing threads however he likes, deleting posts supposedly under the reason of "irrelevant" or "hate", and handing out warning points like candy unecessarily. Instead of deleting the posts, maybe have an option to hide them like "Spam". That way, we don't have to just take a mods word that it was breaking the rules, etc.

​Dude,are you trying to get blocked by Phil?

​Dude,are you trying to get blocked by Phil?

​If he or any of his mods do, they're only proving my point.
It's a no win scenario. Either they delete the post and prove I'm right, or block me and prove I'm right.

​If he or any of his mods do, they're only proving my point.It's a no win scenario. Either they delete the post and prove I'm right, or block me and prove I'm right.

​I was joking  :)

​Haha, Oh, I figured. I just wanted to point out that little fact. ;)

​Yes,what you said was very true.Also i take screenshots of everything i post incase they get deleted but anyways lets stop derailing the thread.I just think Phil needs to stop being so sensitive and controlling and these forums would be better.

I think the moderation needs to be scaled down just a bit. Seems like tons of posts get deleted and topics locked. People aren't gonna want to post here if things are so strict. 

• Upvote 1

When you look at people's profiles, the number of posts they've made is recorded by a "content count". Now we all know the relationship between Phil and the word "content", but wouldn't it be more accurate to say post count? It would prevent people being led to believe that it counted anything besides posts. 

When you look at people's profiles, the number of posts they've made is recorded by a "content count". Now we all know the relationship between Phil and the word "content", but wouldn't it be more accurate to say post count? It would prevent people being led to believe that it counted anything besides posts. 

​It does count other things.

I'm trying to browse the Patreon suggestion topic, but I can't see beyond page 23, last post I see is Lourat's from 5 hours ago. I know there is more and I just posted a comment myself, but it's all invisible to me.

ok so i figured out how to ignore posts which works some of the time. However i still see a lot of KGaleon posts snd i really really dont like seeing them. I think the ignoring feature could work a bit better. 

• Upvote 3

Alright, I have a suggestion to improve the forums...

Stop deleting threads. It is seriously impossible to reply to anyone and to have a conversation because the administrator decides to pop in and just delete a thread that portrays their actions in a negative light.

I am talking about the "Evidence of Mods Abusing Their Power" (or something along those lines) thread. I decided to join in on the conversation and provide my reply and viewpoint on the matter. As soon as I hit that reply button, I get: "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this content."

This is absolutely ridiculous and only confirms the "abuse of power" that the original poster had the intention of showing. I am sorry for being direct with what I am about to say, but I will say it anyway. Onyx, if you were willing to want to clear the air by going in a private conversation that mentioned you, why would you not do that in a public thread that directly mentioned your actions? You were so willing to discuss what was being brought up against you in that conversation, so why would you not bring that same attitude to respond to the thread topic?

If you put your personal feelings first and act on knee-jerk reactions to people criticising your work, you cannot say that you are doing it for the sake of the forum/website. An administrator cannot let his or her personal feelings dictate for them. If someone criticises your actions like in that thread you deleted, you do not delete the thread. You have to take it with a grain of salt. This is where you could really "clear the air," because your actions as of late have been questionable. Even that private conversation you jumped into testifies to that.

• Upvote 9

Alright, I have a suggestion to improve the forums...

Stop deleting threads. It is seriously impossible to reply to anyone and to have a conversation because the administrator decides to pop in and just delete a thread that portrays their actions in a negative light.

I am talking about the "Evidence of Mods Abusing Their Power" (or something along those lines) thread. I decided to join in on the conversation and provide my reply and viewpoint on the matter. As soon as I hit that reply button, I get: "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this content."

This is absolutely ridiculous and only confirms the "abuse of power" that the original poster had the intention of showing. I am sorry for being direct with what I am about to say, but I will say it anyway. Onyx, if you were willing to want to clear the air by going in a private conversation that mentioned you, why would you not do that in a public thread that directly mentioned your actions? You were so willing to discuss what was being brought up against you in that conversation, so why would you not bring that same attitude to respond to the thread topic?

If you put your personal feelings first and act on knee-jerk reactions to people criticising your work, you cannot say that you are doing it for the sake of the forum/website. An administrator cannot let his or her personal feelings dictate for them. If someone criticises your actions like in that thread you deleted, you do not delete the thread. You have to take it with a grain of salt. This is where you could really "clear the air," because your actions as of late have been questionable. Even that private conversation you jumped into testifies to that.

I only tried to reason with them, have a normal conversation and stop all the unnecesarry drama, what do they do, they spin it around and cause more drama. No. The unnecessary drama ends here.

• Upvote 2

I only tried to reason with them, have a normal conversation and stop all the unnecesarry drama, what do they do, they spin it around and cause more drama. No. The unnecessary drama ends here.

​With all due respect, a lot of the unnecessary drama could be avoided if there was some established trust between the administration/moderation staff and the posters. You have to address some of the stuff that's gone on at some point and look to improve your PR, because let's be honest here: doing stuff like changing people's usernames and deleting threads when the 90% of the posters here believe the moderation staff is unapproachable to talk to isn't helping your case at all.

• Upvote 9

​Part of the reason why drama is brought up is because drama is created. Do you know how you can "end" the drama? You address it directly. You take your time to address all the claims with a humble mind. The thing is, especially with that last thread that you deleted, that there is a mostly collective consensus of users who disagree with the way the forums are being run. By deleting the thread, it is like you intentionally plug your ears and refuse to listen to anything that does not praise your work.

You are letting your feelings cloud your judgement, whether you willingly admit it or not. Do you really think that this is going to be a perfect place with zero trolling and complete unanimous agreement on everything? The answer is no. You have had a lot of people question your actions. You seem to label all of it as drama, thus ignoring any suggestions and viewpoints of the other users. Simply by the way you replied to me, it is apparent to me that you are swayed far too much by the way you feel about certain people.

Reasoning implies that you listen to what others have to say, regardless of your viewpoint, and talk it out with them. That is not what you did with this thread and plenty others with a similar topic title. You are stirring up more drama by continuing to do what you have done with past threads, that is deleting them and not allowing for any conversation.

• Upvote 9

​What's happening here is not drama but a violation of people's privacy which shouldn't happen under any circumstance. If some one dislikes you that doesn't give you the permission to read their private messages. This wouldn't happen in any other forum and this shouldn't be happening in this forum. Your actions are making the forums a very unwelcoming place for many. To know that nothing private is really private is an unpleasant thought that I honestly wish I didn't have to associate with the king of hate forums.

oh and another thing voicing your disapproval on a subject that merits it shouldn't be a ban worthy offense 

• Upvote 4

Just made this account to give my two cents..

KG stop derailing threads and turning things into your own agenda, you side step everything when you don't have proof backing you up[When do you even have proof..]. It's like you stalk the forum and find a thread that calls Phil out and you immediately start defending him or you go crying to daddy Phil and mommy Onyx to have the thread deleted and people getting banned. Also KG shouldn't be over the rules just cause he is a patreon supporter, he is just like everyone else a person using a forum!

This is for Onyx, YOU'RE A MOD! You should bring neutrality and judgement to the forums but you don't..you just ENFORCE IT, which is not what a mod is about. Yes, you should give out warnings for people abusing the rules of the forum[Even Phil!], yes, you should push people back in line once they get out of line. Instead you plug your ears and close your eyes and delete threads and give out blinds when in turn you should be getting the full story THEN passing judgement.

Finally on to Phil, this is NOT a hug box but a forum where people can express their feelings and opinions under the rules of the forum. You, KG, Onyx turn this into a dictatorship. It feels like I'm watching a child having a temper tantrum when it comes to critics. You are almost 35..ACT LIKE ONE! Also you need to drop the whole "I'm right! You're wrong" Mentality you don't speak for twitch, youtube or the common gamer. Like with Onyx you need to stop deleting threads cause someone called you a poopie-head or you delete the thread getting the final say, like you are scared of a retort. You should be leading by example not leading by stepping on and over the rules to make things fall in to your agenda, also like I said above you should get warnings like everyone else, even if you are the admin of the forum.

Just tired of trying to help Phil and getting a ban just cause I hurt his feelings.. So ban me or delete this post it's your call..

This is for Onyx, YOU'RE A MOD! You should bring neutrality and judgement to the forums but you don't..you just ENFORCE IT, which is not what a mod is about. Yes, you should give out warnings for people abusing the rules of the forum[Even Phil!], yes, you should push people back in line once they get out of line. Instead you plug your ears and close your eyes and delete threads and give out blinds when in turn you should be getting the full story THEN passing judgement.

​Same thing has been suggested by Wang and I said I'll try to improve on that aspect.

This is for Onyx, YOU'RE A MOD!

​Onyx is an admin, he created this forum and deserves a bit more respect than that.