The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Forum Improvement Suggestions

56 minutes ago, Sulivano said:

Good luck Phil, I hope you convince me to subscribe to all of your channels one day. Please take this under advisement,

-Sulivano

wrong topic m8

22 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

wrong topic m8

Hot damn, I feel like a retard. Where should I shift this to? I saw "suggestion" and jumped at it, my mistake. 

EDIT: I created my own thread under a different heading, thanks for pointing out my mistake!

Edited by Sulivano

How about adding a mobile subsection in the gaming section of the forums? I've been wanting to post stuff about mobile games and all, but really never found a good spot to put the thread I've been wanting to make.

• Like 1

One feels a good start would be to winnow the Series section and/or remove it completely.  If the section absolutely needs to remain, a Sub Goal section could be added.  Though not technically 'a series', their regularity could easily place them in this category.  It would also aid in locating said Sub Goal game suggestion threads as while the newest Sub Goal is believed to have been met, one has been unable to find it's corresponding thread here on the Forums. 

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams

@ElectricSheepDreams

The 'Sub-Goal' thread would be appropriately pinned onto the 'General' forum, or the 'Suggestions' subforum.

No need to make an entire subforum under 'Series' for that, unless it becomes something planned periodically.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

@ElectricSheepDreams

The 'Sub-Goal' thread would be appropriately pinned onto the 'General' forum, or the 'Suggestions' subforum.

No need to make an entire subforum under 'Series' for that, unless it becomes something planned periodically.

For having 505 posts, one wonders where the 404 Not Found Error occurred.  Perhaps, one merely finds oneself unmeasuredly fortunate to at this time be able to enlighten forum members to the presence of the much bespoke Patron section of these forums to which non-Patrons ( such as yourself) and perhaps Forum members who have not attended any number of streams nor happened to watch any of the on demand videos available are unaware of existing.  Additionally, I feel equally blessed in being able to post this days after the new Viewer Centric goal ( that some curiously seem unaware of ) was reached.  Now, while it is possible that monthly goals might return to being Patron's Choice as they have historically been.  One is fairly confident that this new model, albeit one thinks to be misguided, has been fully embraced to the point of submitting the aforementioned post.

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams

Just now, ElectricSheepDreams said:

For having 505 posts, one wonders where the 404 Not Found Error occurred.  Perhaps, one merely finds oneself unmeasuredly fortunate to at this time be able to enlighten forum members to the presence of the much bespoke Patron section of these forums to which non-Patrons ( such as yourself) and perhaps Forum members who have not attended any number of streams nor happened to watch any of the on demand videos available are unaware of existing.  Additionally, I feel equally blessed in being able to post this days after the new Viewer Centric goal ( that some curiously seem unaware of ) was reached.  Now, while it is possible that monthly goals might return to being Patron's Choice as they have historically been.  One is fairly confident that this new model, albeit one thinks to be misguided, has been fully embraced to the point of submitting the aforementioned post.

I'm aware of it, however such thread will not be a 'Patron section'. As he described it, any user will be able to post their suggestion, and then 'Patrons' will have priority over 'members'. That's how Phil described it at one point, paraphrasing him. No one other than Patrons should be able to post suggestions on a 'Patron section', and since that's not the case, it's just a normal thread to gather information. And since that is the purpose of it, and there is no confirmation if this will happen periodically, I simply pointed out that making an entire subforum for it, under 'Series', might be unnecessary. I must feel equally fortunate to clarify this to you.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, MoraMoria said:

I'm aware of it, however such thread will not be a 'Patron section'. As he described it, any user will be able to post their suggestion, and then 'Patrons' will have priority over 'members'. That's how Phil described it at one point, paraphrasing him. No one other than Patrons should be able to post suggestions on a 'Patron section', and since that's not the case, it's just a normal thread to gather information. And since that is the purpose of it, and there is no confirmation if this will happen periodically, I simply pointed out that making an entire subforum for it, under 'Series', might be unnecessary. I must feel equally fortunate to clarify this to you.

Yes, dear, I had at first thought to reply as gently as one could after reading it, but have come to the conclusion that it holds no real value other than being a meter grinder.   I commend you efforts as raking up 6 posts per day+/- on such a dead forum must have been quite the effort.  Pro Tip: Create threads that will stimulate traffic.  On a side note, double posting is bad form.  Create another account to move things along if you have to before stooping to double/triple posting in your own thread.  Move that sort of thing to a Blog, just saying.

1 minute ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

Yes, dear, I had at first thought to reply as gently as one could after reading it, but have come to the conclusion that it holds no real value other than being a meter grinder.   I commend you efforts as raking up 6 posts per day+/- on such a dead forum must have been quite the effort.  Pro Tip: Create threads that will stimulate traffic.  On a side note, double posting is bad form.  Create another account to move things along if you have to before stooping to double/triple posting in your own thread.  Move that sort of thing to a Blog, just saying.

Red herring.

My initial point stands.

On the topic of double-posting, you just double-posted to add a simple link, (that by the way, can be embedded), in a less than 2 hours span of time. (As shown in the attached file).

On your "commendation" to me, it's obviously an ill-intended comment, or that would clearly be seen as such, to most people.

Conclusion + Trivia:

It's of no importance if I double-post, or if you do, (like you did), in this context.

The problem is not the lack of interesting threads, as they can be made by anyone. It's the overall disinterest of people to post in here.

DoubleSheep.png

Suggestion 1/4 - Twitch account binding/Subscription rewards:

If subscribed to DSP you can get a custom rank like 'Subscriber' or 'V.I.P'. You could make rank tiers for how long someone has been subscribed, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month (indicated by different rank titles or colours).

Some examples of perks for those with the Subscriber rank could be:

• Custom user titles
  • Post signatures (shows on all posts)
  • Reputation given through upvotes counting for more
  • Cover photo shows behind profile picture (toggle-able)

Example without cover photo:
ubdSZrt.png

Was going to do an example with a cover photo on Phil's site but I'm too lazy... example below is from another (closed) forum. Note: The actual user information would start flowing from on top of the image, not below as seen in the image here:
Qifb22N.png

I believe this is a good suggestion as it helps entice the subscription to Phil's twitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestion 2/4 - Bug Fix:

Fix this to not display "off" as well as the 'x".
qRK5Rer.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestion 3/4 - User Communities:

User communities would be a way that members can discuss a variety of different topics and form communities inside the forum.

The creation and running of the groups/communities would go as follows:

• A user comes up with a niche (Anime, Wrestling, TV, Music, Movies, Bodybuilding) that they would like to hold a mini-community about.
  • The user proposes said group idea (including group name and niche) to Phil (or a site administrator who is interested in handling this) and if accepted, the user becomes the group/community leader.
  • The group/community leader gets a sub-forum (hidden from forum members unless they are a part of the group) in which the group/community leader is able to make sticky threads and sub-forums (inside of the community sub-forum, of course). Here is where users can discuss the group's niche.
  • The group/community leader can invite fellow interested users to their group.

Every group/community would get a custom rank title which their members could use instead of the regular 'Member' title or 'Subscriber' title (see suggestion 1). The design of said title would be designed by the group leader, but ultimately implemented by the Phil (or a site administrator who is interested in handling this).

XN5Wsgt.png

I believe this is a good suggestion as it helps to build a wide, non-toxic community outside of just gaming and Phil, whilst still being mainly about said topics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestion 4/4 - Fancier User Bars:

If you ask me, just some text and the word "Members", "Subscriber", "Bodybuilding" or "Anime" etc. is a bit boring. To solve this, I propose user bar images.

This is purely a visual update but may entice subscription to Phil's twitch or participation in a user community for a cool looking user bar.

The "Member" title would stay as it is now, just plain black text, but if a user joins a user group or subscribes to Phil's twitch they can get a special user bar like the examples below (obviously, you'd want them to fit a certain theme so to not look out of place. User communities would have to design their user bar themselves and propose it to Phil or a site administrator):
JHolvct.png

Edited by jawmur

@jawmur

Those are some pretty good suggestions, and you're right, it would be cool to have like a custom image/text, in fact I was just messing around with that in a Forum that I created as an experiment.

By the way, this is the 'ranking' that is now in place, based on number of posts:

Newbie - 0
Junior Member - 30
Member - 100
Full Member - 300
Advanced Member - 500
Senior Member - 800
Hero - 1000
Legendary - 1500
"Custom title of your choosing" - 1800

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

@jawmur

Those are some pretty good suggestions, and you're right, it would be cool to have like a custom image/text, in fact I was just messing around with that in a Forum that I created as an experiment.

By the way, this is the 'ranking' that is now in place, based on number of posts:

Newbie - 0
Junior Member - 30
Member - 100
Full Member - 300
Advanced Member - 500
Senior Member - 800
Hero - 1000
Legendary - 1500
"Custom title of your choosing" - 1800

Just to clarify, by rank I mean Member/Subscriber/Administrator and the community group "ranks" would be like a sub-rank in which it purely adds to current permissions instead of being the users entire rank.... this would allow for a single user to be a part of multiple communities. The rank displayed under the user would be allowed to be changed between their main role (Member/Subscriber) or their favourite community group that they are a part of.

Do you know if Phil still checks here and is interested in performing changes like these to the forums? I have a few more in mind...

26 minutes ago, jawmur said:

Do you know if Phil still checks here and is interested in performing changes like these to the forums? I have a few more in mind...

I can't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure changes in the Forum are not his top, nor second priority.

1 hour ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

I thought someone else runs this forum anyway? Phil just uses it (when he needs to) but the administration and running of it is done by someone else?

Im guessing this guy does. The Mighty Onyx. Ive heard he did all the work on the forums, but he hasnt been here in months and hasnt said anything in a year. Just another member that moved on from DSP. You can throw upgrading the forums out the window at this point.

1140740824_Screenshot_2019-07-04-14-08-202.thumb.png.027dde6c4ad651cf3714142d2909ce27.png

Edited by DownTheLever

56 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

Ive heard he did all the work on the forums, but he hasnt been here in months and hasnt said anything in a year. Just another member that moved on from DSP. You can throw upgrading the forums out the window at this point.

I don't know what you mean by "moved on". If there was some issue/similar with the Forums he'd show up, there hasn't been one, so there's no need. I believe he hasn't been requested to change anything here as an administrator, which would need to be accepted by Phil first.

1 minute ago, MoraMoria said:

I don't know what you mean by "moved on". If there was some issue/similar with the Forums he'd show up, there hasn't been one, so there's no need. I believe he hasn't been requested to change anything here as an administrator, which would need to be accepted by Phil first.

I dont know if there have been problems because I haven't been here but I would think an administrator would show up at least once or twice a month just to see if everything is okay whether there is a known problem or not. Looking at his history he appeared to be a big DSP fan and use to talk regularly. He hasn't logged in almost 4 months and hasn't said anything in a year. Saying he moved on is accurate.