Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Forum Improvement Suggestions


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

I would think an administrator would show up at least once or twice a month just to see if everything is okay whether there is a known problem or not.

That's not necessary when there's 2 administrators, if it's something Phil would need help with, he could just message him and that'd be it.

2 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

Looking at his history he appeared to be a big DSP fan and use to talk regularly. He hasn't logged in almost 4 months and hasn't said anything in a year. Saying he moved on is accurate.

Apart from his early posts, he just commented here primarily for technical questions, and not that often. It just comes to what definition you're using for 'moving on', but the point is that if Phil asked him about changing something here, he would probably help with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, I have a suggestion to improve the forums... Stop deleting threads. It is seriously impossible to reply to anyone and to have a conversation because the administrator decides to pop in and j

​Part of the reason why drama is brought up is because drama is created. Do you know how you can "end" the drama? You address it directly. You take your time to address all the claims with a humble mi

​With all due respect, a lot of the unnecessary drama could be avoided if there was some established trust between the administration/moderation staff and the posters. You have to address some of the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

That's not necessary when there's 2 administrators, if it's something Phil would need help with, he could just message him and that'd be it.

Phil doesnt know how to do anything internally with these forums. Onyx does everything. Anything outside of making a new thread he needs his help. Phil said this during stream.

18 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Apart from his early posts, he just commented here primarily for technical questions, and not that often. It just comes to what definition you're using for 'moving on', but the point is that if Phil asked him about changing something here, he would probably help with it.

My definition of moving on is exactly what I said. He moved on from DarkSydePhil and his video and stream content. Phil Burnell as a client of Onyx's on the other hand, I have no idea if they contact each other in regards to the forum. Doesn't seem like it. I dont know why people moving on would be a foreign concept to you. Dozens of mods relinquished their positions, thousands of people dont come here anymore for various reasons.

Anyway this thread isnt for arguments, its for suggestions that will certainly go unheard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

He moved on from DarkSydePhil and his video and stream content. Phil Burnell as a client of Onyx's on the other hand, I have no idea if they contact each other in regards to the forum. Doesn't seem like it. I dont know why people moving on would be a foreign concept to you.

Anyway this thread isnt for arguments, its for suggestions that will certainly go unheard.

It's okay, we're not 'derailing' the thread that much.

What you say could be true, but I don't think you can claim that is accurate that he 'moved on' from Phil's content, when the only evidence there is, is that he doesn't post on the Forums with his administrator's/staff account. So it's not a 'foreign' concept, just questioned.

That's about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, MoraMoria said:

It's okay, we're not 'derailing' the thread that much.

What you say could be true, but I don't think you can claim that is accurate that he 'moved on' from Phil's content, when the only evidence there is, is that he doesn't post on the Forums with his administrator's/staff account. So it's not a 'foreign' concept, just questioned.

That's about it.

This proves my point.

image.png.7593f9a96387b7a8565f1a4d95b33ea8.png.5169d7c8c2ca8d70917f70344fec7540.png

On 7/4/2019 at 7:54 PM, KGhaleon said:

Just because Onyx doesn't talk on the forum doesn't mean he doesn't still manage the server or update it from time to time. He's likely still around.

He hasnt updated the forums in at minimum 6 months what are you talking about xD

Dude is gone like the hundreds of other people that left. Accept it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DownTheLever said:

He hasnt updated the forums in at minimum 6 months what are you talking about xD

Dude is gone like the hundreds of other people that left. Accept it.

If there was any reason to suspect that I would say you're right, but there's zero evidence that he doesn't still provide Phil support with the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KGhaleon said:

If there was any reason to suspect that I would say you're right, but there's zero evidence that he doesn't still provide Phil support with the forum.

Dude the evidence he doesnt support the forum is right here xD what the hell lol.

image.png.7593f9a96387b7a8565f1a4d95b33ea8.png.3c501aa04b75acec39c027193957da59.png

Hasnt updated the forums in at least 6 months, hasnt logged in for 4 months, hasnt said anything in a year what more evidence do you need lmao. You guys are delusional at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

Dude the evidence he doesnt support the forum is right here xD what the hell lol.

image.png.7593f9a96387b7a8565f1a4d95b33ea8.png.3c501aa04b75acec39c027193957da59.png

Some text at the bottom of the forum doesn't tell me anything.

The dude doesn't post here anymore, that's about all we know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

Lmao okay sure dude. Its okay to be wrong sometimes.

Think whatever you want dude, I don't believe in something without evidence.

When the forum goes down or crashes, who is going to fix it? Phil? Yeah ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Think whatever you want dude, I don't believe in something without evidence.

When the forum goes down or crashes, who is going to fix it? Phil? Yeah ok.

Theres more evidence that he isnt around but you want to believe the opposite. When was the last time the forum crashed? If it was 6 months or more ago thats completely irrelevant to bring up lmao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

It doesn't.

That's the difference between an indication and definitive evidence. What you present is not the latter.

Its really sad when people can't admit being wrong and use the power of semantics to try to "win" an argument. You're like the other guy and refuse to apologize or be wrong. To be an adult you must learn to admit and accept failure. I did.

This is the equivalent of me telling you a store is closed based on the door being locked and the lights are off but you still believe the store is open because nobody from the company said its closed. There is outstandingly more proof he has moved on, either that, or he is an incompetent administrator thats absent for large amounts of time. I dont ever see his name on stream, he has no social media that im aware of, hasn't logged in months, hasn't updated the forums in a half a year, hasnt said anything in a year and your counter argument is "You cant prove he's moved because he never said he moved on?"

There is a difference between being open-minded and being flatout delusional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DownTheLever said:

Its really sad when people can't admit being wrong and use the power of semantics to try to "win" an argument. You're like the other guy and refuse to apologize or be wrong.

You're entire assumption is based on some text at the bottom of the forum that nobody updated.

D9JHRCzXsAAGhWy.jpg large.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

Its really sad when people can't admit being wrong and use the power of semantics to try to "win" an argument. You're like the other guy and refuse to apologize or be wrong. To be an adult you must learn to admit and accept failure. I did.

This is the equivalent of me telling you a store is closed based on the door being locked and the lights are off but you still believe the store is open because nobody from the company said its closed. There is outstandingly more proof he has moved on, either that, or he is an incompetent administrator thats absent for large amounts of time. I dont ever see his name on stream, he has no social media that im aware of, hasn't logged in months, hasn't updated the forums in a half a year, hasnt said anything in a year and your counter argument is "You cant prove he's moved because he never said he moved on?" 

There is a difference between being open-minded and being flatout delusional. 

There is no failure here, nor an attempt to use 'semantics' in a disingenuous way.

You have provided something that could be use as an indication of what you're saying, however it doesn't prove your assumption, it's not definitive evidence.

Using your analogy, you're not telling me the store is closed, you're telling me the store is permanently closed or that the responsible has no plans to come again. I'm telling you that even if the store appears to be closed now, you have no hard evidence that the responsible won't come one of these days, or whenever. He hasn't updated an element of the website, for a reason that you don't know, that's your 'evidence'.

And finally, he has a Twitter account, (as the staff member of the Forums, unlikely personal account), with his last Tweet dating in 2016. If I followed your logic, the image at the bottom should say: "2016 Phil Burnell", because he abandoned one of the ways to contact him, (staff related), in 2016. However you can see that it's not the case, he updated other things in 2018, and therefore, because this 'evidence' doesn't prove if he's permanently gone or not, (like in the other case), you cannot say that it 'proves' it.

This is not 'semantics' like you try to portray it, it's basic logic.

Edited by MoraMoria
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

You're entire assumption is based on some text at the bottom of the forum that nobody updated.

D9JHRCzXsAAGhWy.jpg large.jpg

Well first of all you should feel ashamed to make a joke about mental illness after Etika's death. Phil has suffered, Phil's gitlfriend has suffered, people even say YOU suffer from mental illness. Ive been quoted on all your past antics, mental health issues aren't far out of the equation for you to make jokes out of.

Second. Im not just basing my PROOF on some shit at the bottom of the website. It gives credence to what im saying, but its not the only thing im basing my stance on. Ive said it a half dozen times that him not logging in for months, not updating a website for half a year, and not saying anything for a year brings proof that he very well abondoned this website and doesn't watch Phil anymore. If you need DEFINITIVE PROOF like the other guy because you are unable to use common sense and critical thinking to come up with the most logical conclusion, thats on you.

Sorry, I don't need somebody to tell me they are about to punch me when I can tell they are gonna punch me before hand. Critical thinking. 

Your guys remind me of grammar nazi's with your semantics games. Oh you didnt use "your" right so your whole arguement is irrelevant. Get the fuck outta here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DownTheLever said:

If you need DEFINITIVE PROOF like the other guy because you are unable to use common sense and critical thinking to come up with the most logical conclusion, thats on you.

Your "critical thinking" is that the admin up and left just because he doesn't post on the forum or Phil's twitch. Maybe the dude has a job now and doesn't come here anymore as a fan? Doesn't mean that Phil doesn't contact him for forum related issues that arise. You're overexaggerating nothing, hence I'll refer back to my image above.

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

There is no failure here, nor an attempt to use 'semantics' in a disingenuous way.

You have provided something that could be use as an indication of what you're saying, however it doesn't prove your assumption, it's not definitive evidence.

Using your analogy, you're not telling me the store is closed, you're telling me the store is permanently closed or that the responsible has no plans to come again. I'm telling you that even if the store appears to be closed now, you have no hard evidence that the responsible won't come one of these days, or whenever. He hasn't updated an element of the website, for a reason that you don't know, that's your 'evidence'.

And finally, he has a Twitter account, (as the staff member of the Forums, unlikely personal account), with his last Tweet dating in 2016. If I followed your logic, the image at the bottom should say: "2016 Phil Burnell", because he abandoned one of the ways to contact him, (staff related), in 2016. However you can see that it's not the case, he updated other things in 2018, and therefore, because this 'evidence' doesn't prove if he's permanently gone or not, (like in the other case), you cannot say that it 'proves' it.

This is not 'semantics' like you try to portray it, it's basic logic.

No, what you just demonstrated is textbook semantics. "His Twitter account hasnt posted anything from 2016, your logic says the bottom of the webpage should say 2016". No. I didnt say he moved on from social media, I said he moved on from DSP. I dont know why you said that because its irrelevant.

How about this because this back and forth is meaningless. I've already won. Maybe You should provide more evidence he is still around? Do that. Because what evidence you're looking for that he doesnt watch or support DSP anymore is textbook semantics. If I wanted to never support DSP anymore but not give trolls ammo, I wouldnt say anything and go about my life. Just because I havent put out a statement shouldnt mean I still support him. Me never rarely logging in, not saying anything, and never appearing in streamchat should be enough for people to figure out.

You're using semantics to hid behind which is cool but not how human beings or the world works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DownTheLever said:

No, what you just demonstrated is textbook semantics. "His Twitter account hasnt posted anything from 2016, your logic says the bottom of the webpage should say 2016". No. I didnt say he moved on from social media, I said he moved on from DSP. I dont know why you said that because its irrelevant.

How about this because this back and forth is meaningless. I've already won. Maybe You should provide more evidence he is still around? Do that. Because what evidence you're looking for that he doesnt watch or support DSP anymore is textbook semantics. If I wanted to never support DSP anymore but not give trolls ammo, I wouldnt say anything and go about my life. Just because I havent put out a statement shouldnt mean I still support him. Me never rarely logging in, not saying anything, and never appearing in streamchat should be enough for people to figure out.

You're using semantics to hid behind which is cool but not how human beings or the world works.

I'm using deductive reasoning. You're assuming.

That's the difference.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Your "critical thinking" is that the admin up and left just because he doesn't post on the forum or Phil's twitch. Maybe the dude has a job now and doesn't come here anymore as a fan? Doesn't mean that Phil doesn't contact him for forum related issues that arise. You're overexaggerating nothing, hence I'll refer back to my image above.

You have a job right? You still come here with no responsibilities to this place. Why cant the ADMINISTRATIOR of a forum cant find a day or two out the month to at least login? You say "it doesnt mean Phil doesnt contact him for various reasons." You have proof? No? Exactly, I have more evidence behind my argument than you do yours. As far as I know Phil never talks about TheMightyOnix, I haven't heard him mentioned ever. You even implied yourself Phil doing anything technical with this forum is a joke even if told so, you destroyed your own argument before you even made it.

So you can "refer back to your image" all you want because I could make an even more solid argument that you suffer from mental health issues when you use to dox and harrass people just because they didn't like DSP, somebody you don't know personally at all. You have some nerve making a joke about mental health dude.

20 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Nothing you posted is proof that Onyx is no longer the admin for this website.

I'm more curious about why you're so defensive about it, what's your benefit in this? Why do you want Onyx gone?

Nothing you've SAID is proof either, I have outstandingly more evidence than you but you want to be delusional just to "win" and argument. NEWS FLASH: If you've read this far, ive already won.

19 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm using deductive reasoning. You're assuming.

That's the difference.

And what makes you "not assuming" that he's still here? I have more evidence than you. I never said you must agree with me, but you never posted anything, ANYTHING, to counter the things I've said other than he should literally say he's moved on from DSP for you to believe my point. Just admit you use semantics to "win" arguments. Pretty sad way to do so but I guess an internet "win" means everything to you when you are completely wrong about everything else.

Edited by DownTheLever
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...