The King of Hate Forums

So this is a discussion thread on Naruto from the Manga, Anime, Movies and anything related to Naruto.

So I decide upon myself to watch Naruto and Naruto Shippuden to the current episode and after 5 months, I am currently on 618 of Naruto (Naruto Shippuden episode 398). 

I just started watching Naruto for the first time 2 weeks ago. I'm currently on episode 82, so far so good but there is no way in hell I'm going to watch all of those filler episodes.

I just started watching Naruto for the first time 2 weeks ago. I'm currently on episode 82, so far so good but there is no way in hell I'm going to watch all of those filler episodes.

After episode 135 there are more filler arcs but they are actually pretty good. some of them just made me want to cry.

​When you get to shippuden Just skip episodes 257-260. Unnecessary flash back episodes which covers what happened in the Zabuza, Chunin and Sasuke Retrevial arc. 

• Upvote 1

After episode 135 there are more filler arcs but they are actually pretty good. some of them just made me want to cry.

​When you get to shippuden Just skip episodes 257-260. Unnecessary flash back episodes which covers what happened in the Zabuza, Chunin and Sasuke Retrevial arc. 

​Yeah thanks, I'm using a filler guide. I already started Shippuden, skipped almost all episode after 135 all the way until 220 (didn't even feel like missed anything + I've being doing some wiki reading so I don't get too lost). I think without the filler the story was great and kinda sad, i din't spend all those year watching like my friends did, but I enjoyed my time with Part I. So far Shippuden is off to great start.

If there's only one complain I had from Naruto, is the asinine amount of flashbacks. My GOD, i'd think I would've hanged myself if I had watch this as a kid on Toonami!

​Yeah thanks, I'm using a filler guide. I already started Shippuden, skipped almost all episode after 135 all the way until 220 (didn't even feel like missed anything + I've being doing some wiki reading so I don't get too lost). I think without the filler the story was great and kinda sad, i din't spend all those year watching like my friends did, but I enjoyed my time with Part I. So far Shippuden is off to great start.

If there's only one complain I had from Naruto, is the asinine amount of flashbacks. My GOD, i'd think I would've hanged myself if I had watch this as a kid on Toonami!

Even though you skipped 136-220. That wasn't a good idea. Some of the episodes give good character development, and good story.

Here are some of the good episodes 152-157, 169-173, 178-183.

​Wow, you missed the entire Invasion of Pain arc (episodes 152-175). I think that was probably one of the best arcs in the anime. I watched the filler arc afterwards (episodes 176-196) and picked up with the Five Kage Summit arc and some of the Fourth Shinobi World War arc. After that point, I stuck with reading the manga.

The pacing of the anime is really what did it for me. I liked how character development was truly emphasised on through flashbacks, but to have to wait a week or two for the next episode was always a big bummer for me.

​Wow, you missed the entire Invasion of Pain arc (episodes 152-175). I think that was probably one of the best arcs in the anime. I watched the filler arc afterwards (episodes 176-196) and picked up with the Five Kage Summit arc and some of the Fourth Shinobi World War arc. After that point, I stuck with reading the manga.

The pacing of the anime is really what did it for me. I liked how character development was truly emphasised on through flashbacks, but to have to wait a week or two for the next episode was always a big bummer for me.

​nonono he missed Naruto not Naruto Shippuden

• Upvote 1

​nonono he missed Naruto not Naruto Shippuden

​Oops, I got ahead of myself. Sorry about that!

In regards to those, I watched 147-152 and 216-220.

Even though you skipped 136-220. That wasn't a good idea. Some of the episodes give good character development, and good story.

Here are some of the good episodes 152-157, 169-173, 178-183.

​It's fine, I already liked most of the characters in Naruto by the time I reached 136 plus I just wanted to advance the story + the overused of flashbacks was getting my nerves :P

​I'd kill myself I had missed the Pain arc XD definitely one of the best arc thus far. So far I'm well into the Five Kage Summit Arc (f-ing hating Sasuke and Sakura with a passion :dry:).

I'm getting to the point where I'm catching up with the dub, meaning that sooner or later I'd probably have continue with subs version and once I catch up to that I'll just finish the series with the manga. Might read the whole thing if I'm up to it.

I'm honestly looking forward to the end of Naruto. Not because I hate it, I love the anime to be honest, but the last fight is just something I want animated so bad XD 

​It's fine, I already liked most of the characters in Naruto by the time I reached 136 plus I just wanted to advance the story + the overused of flashbacks was getting my nerves :P

​I'd kill myself I had missed the Pain arc XD definitely one of the best arc thus far. So far I'm well into the Five Kage Summit Arc (f-ing hating Sasuke and Sakura with a passion :dry:).

I'm getting to the point where I'm catching up with the dub, meaning that sooner or later I'd probably have continue with subs version and once I catch up to that I'll just finish the series with the manga. Might read the whole thing if I'm up to it.

​Haha, I was just so eager to move on to Shippuden after 135. But on recommendations from a friend, I decided to watch some of the filler content. It did seem to drag on with all the fillers, but some of them were good. But yeah, I did want the story to progress.

I agree. It is such an awesome arc. And yep, Sasuke and Sakura (especially Sasuke) got on my nerves big time. Oh man, just contemplating Sasuke against the Five Kages... We know who will be winning that bout!

I went up until some of the Fourth Shinobi World War arc and then started watching the English dub episodes and reading the manga. Go for it! The manga is pretty awesome (and, of course, I was impatient to wait for the anime to finish it off. I wanted to know the ending!).

I'm honestly looking forward to the end of Naruto. Not because I hate it, I love the anime to be honest, but the last fight is just something I want animated so bad XD 

​Yeah, it is awesome watching the anime after reading the manga. I just hope that the final battle is not animated like the Naruto (in tailed beast mode) vs. Pain battle was.

So....

What do people think of the new movie coming out and how do you guys feel about the ending of the manga? It ended as I expected with Naruto ending up with Hiniata and Sasuke & Sakura hooking up as welll as the other weird ass pairings (Seriously ChojixKarui?). Do you think the ending was rushed? Because it certainly feels like it to me. 

Also I rented the new Storm game, I feel disappointed in it. Hopefully the next game is much better then the crappy filler game that Revolution was.

Yeah, revolution was pretty boring since it really didn't have a campaign like UNS3 had. 

I felt that the ending was a bit rushed but I am happy about NarutoxHinata (although I do agree that Choji x Karui is way out there XD). I am looking forward to the movie but sadly I have no means to watch it. Unless I wanted to torrent it or something.

• Upvote 1

The war arc is one of the shittiest arcs ever made in manga and naruto history. It is a complete trainwreck.

​Yeah, I can agree that the war arc was pretty bad, at the beginning at least. Near the end though, we have a lot of great moments (especially Gai's moments), the only thing i hate about the end part of the war is the final enemy, which seemed more like a filler enemy more than anything. Not spoiling anything though just in case anyone didn't read the manga.

War itself is something Kishimoto couldn't handle. The real meaning and emotional impact of war was ruined to death and just shows more that this was not a real war. It was like omfg mass fighting omfg!!! War, a pretty adult topic in a shonen (boys) manga is already pretty critical, but Kishimoto really fucked it up.

The war arc is one of the shittiest arcs ever made in manga and naruto history. It is a complete trainwreck.

​Yeah, the war arc was really boring, in my opinion. It really did not capture that emotion that some of the previous arcs had. It seemed like senseless fighting with little to no character development. Fortunately, it picked up a little bit after the war arc ended.

Oh thank god I'm not only one who's disliking the war arc. This shit dragged to much and barely had any emotional impact during the first half. The only good parts are the one's involving the Kages, Naruto and the Tailed Beasts. How Sasuke got 7 straight episodes blows my goddamn mind. Thank god I'm almost done.

Though I did liked some of the reanimation jutsu characters and how most of them just wished to be put out of their misery even they knew this war was not worth their time XD

Also Itachi is the man, why did he died instead of Sasuke? :sleep:

Oh thank god I'm not only one who's disliking the war arc. This shit dragged to much and barely had any emotional impact during the first half. The only good parts are the one's involving the Kages, Naruto and the Tailed Beasts. How Sasuke got 7 straight episodes blows my goddamn mind. Thank god I'm almost done.

Hidden Content

​Yeah, I also liked the part where the tailed beasts bonded with Naruto. I think that was the best part of that arc. I did like some of the reanimated characters, too.

I liked it when Naruto and Killer B came across Itachi and Nagato. It showed just how long a way these characters have come.

• Upvote 1

Well I've officially finished Naruto. All Episodes (thus far) without the fillers, couple of the movies including The Last (which I surprisingly found and saw on a theater today.) and finished the last few chapters with the manga. I have to say that I've enjoyed my time with it. Lots of great characters (except of course for the dynamic duo of Sakura and Sasuke which I'll meet that they sort of redeem themselves at the end but just a little), great arcs, interesting and confusing lore.

I honestly think that had I actually started watching Naruto when it first aired on Toonami I'd probably gave up on it, not just because of fillers, but the constant dragging of fights  staring contents, the weird pacing and the goddamn flashbacks and that's not even counting commercial breaks and waiting a week for each new episode. Yep I'd better pat 10 year old me in the back for holding it out after all these years.

I have to say, if i ever get a hold of any my childhood friends who constantly told me Naruto was about ninjas, I think they a bit off, because all I saw was jutsus, chakras and tailed beast! I swear One Piece better be about pirates or so help me god...

Well I've officially finished Naruto. All Episodes (thus far) without the fillers, couple of the movies including The Last (which I surprisingly found and saw on a theater today.) and finished the last few chapters with the manga. I have to say that I've enjoyed my time with it. Lots of great characters (except of course for the dynamic duo of Sakura and Sasuke which I'll meet that they sort of redeem themselves at the end but just a little), great arcs, interesting and confusing lore.

I honestly think that had I actually started watching Naruto when it first aired on Toonami I'd probably gave up on it, not just because of fillers, but the constant dragging of fights  staring contents, the weird pacing and the goddamn flashbacks and that's not even counting commercial breaks and waiting a week for each new episode. Yep I'd better pat 10 year old me in the back for holding it out after all these years.

I have to say, if i ever get a hold of any my childhood friends who constantly told me Naruto was about ninjas, I think they a bit off, because all I saw was jutsus, chakras and tailed beast! I swear One Piece better be about pirates or so help me god...

One piece is one of the best shonen manga/anime ever made and it doesn't drag out nowhere near as much as naruto. Ever arc so far I've loved from one piece and the filler isn't too bad compared to naruto.

One piece is one of the best shonen manga/anime ever made and it doesn't drag out nowhere near as much as naruto. Ever arc so far I've loved from one piece and the filler isn't too bad compared to naruto.

​Oh no I didn't mean to diss One Piece I was just trying to make fun of my friends for being overly simplistic when explaining these shows to me. I am definitely planing in seeing One Piece but I gotta take a take a break after watching Naruto in just a month.

im going to tell this to basically everyone who JUST started watching Naruto as a big fab of it since 2002 there will be A LOT of filler content in the anime so if your just started out watching it be prepare to SKIP A LOT of episodes that has NOTHING to do with the main plot just A BTW for those who just started and trust me this is my favorite anime series of all time and its REALLY REALLY REALLY worth watching so have fun and if you need questions answered about a certain plot point let me know and i will happly tell you