The King of Hate Forums
TorBeren

How did you find Darksydephil

How did you guys find Darksydephil on the internet? me personally i found him while looking for Bad company 2 unboxings and found his video and saw that he did playthroughs and i was hooked.

• Upvote 1

Came across his Fallout 3 videos while searching on YouTube. Started watching the first video and was hooked! I've gone back and watched the playlist a few times and it always makes me want to play the game again!! :smile:

• Upvote 1

I'd seen a couple of his videos in late 2009, though can't really remember which ones. His God of War III playthrough was the first I watched in its entirety. Been a fan ever since.

Edited by Static Veins

I found out about Phil from my brother who has been a fan since day one. But I actually didn't become a fan myself until after Phil stopped recording his walkthroughs from his camcorder lol.

I searched youtube for a Deadspace 1 playthrough because I for myself was to afraid to play this game alone but I was interested in the story and so i found DarksydePhil.

I first discovered Phil actually from a video that a guy named Hutch did. Apparently Phil and Hutch were going back and forth over an issue, and I checked Phil out after that incident. I didn't follow him until after I saw his video about him getting laid off from his job. Ever since then, I've been a fan, because until Phil, I've never seen anyone do a full playthrough of a game, from start to finish, on Youtube. Hell, you don't even see it that much today. That is what really makes Phil stand out above a lot of other gaming Youtubers, he literally does the full package, gameplay, podcasts, non-gameplay videos, and game reviews. 

Quick version of a long story.

I was 11 and my friend had just died. I wanted to play Saints Row 3 but obviously was far from being old enough. So I was really depressed and one day i went onto youtube to look at random funny videos. And I just searched: Saints Row 3 Gameplay which was interesting because I'd never seen a Play-through before. And long story short some people had annoying voices and some people didn't do commentary. Then I found Phil, Video Quality was worse because he used a video camcorder but he was funny. Been a fan ever since.

• Upvote 1

In 2012, I was looking for playthroughs of 'Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy' (It's one of my favorite games) and DSPGaming appeared, so I watched his playthrough of the game; and I've been a fan of him and his content since that day.

I discovered him from the inFAMOUS demo playthrough back in '09, when I was still totally new to the whole "Let's Play" thing. I had played the demo myself, had a lot of fun with it, so I looked up some gameplay footage of it on YouTube, and I just happened to click on Phil's video.

I was looking for PS4 unboxing videos near the time it came out, and DSPs videos were one of them. One thing I remembered was that "this guy's voice is funny (not in a bad way, but a cool way). Then later someone at school mentioned him, and I recognized and he became a known yotuber to me, but I didn't pay attention to DSP much after that. Later, at like mid 2014, I started to get interested in BF4 and I searched more videos about multiplayer, and I watched a video, and I was like "hey, it's from that guy with that guy who laughs weirdly, DarkSydePhil". And yeah, know I watch the vlogs and streams for some reason.

• Upvote 1

I came across dspgaming after watching the Angry Video Game Nerd's Sega CD video looking for playthroughs related to the games seen in the video like Scottie Pipen's basketball game, Corpse something, and ground zero texas and many others. DSPGaming came up in the search and been a fan since 2011 or 2012.