The King of Hate Forums

The Week in Review Discussion

I'd put this in the channel discussion forum but there's no subforum for this over there yet. A mod can move it if they want to. But I'm just wondering why this isn't just combined with the week in preview? I thought he usually mentioned what he did during the past week in those videos and that's all this is. 

Also, him holding a camera is pretty terrible for this. At least put some good gameplay clips from each of the games you played this week while talking over them. Maybe say what you liked and didn't like from each game or what you're hoping to see in them the following week, assuming the playthrough is still ongoing. But the minimal effort in this video was just... not good at all. To put it nicely. Even for a quick, random first time effort it's just not good at all. With some editing it might be okay but the topic is still very redundant to me. What other ways can he improve this series?

He was gone for half of this week, so he likely didn't have much to go over and wanted to make something quick, hence the video camera. My guess.

He just recorded then uploaded the raw directly to youtube, editing would just triple the time it would take to put the video out. It's also a friday, doesn't he usually do these videos on weekends?

• Upvote 1

Why does he need to edit? Nobody NEEDS to edit but it certainly helps a ton. It will attract new viewers and it's much more pleasing to watch an edited video. I don't want to get a headache because I'm watching a bouncing camera filming a computer screen all because someone didn't want to put together some gameplay footage real quick. Why should he not edit, Meteo? I don't know about you but I think people prefer to watch higher quality, more professional looking videos. He's only shooting himself in the foot when he releases the quick, easiest possible videos.

I'm also not sure why he released a week in review on a Friday night. I don't think the week normally ends there, especially with new releases. They come out on Tuesdays and he'll be doing a "week in review" on Friday/Saturday? Seems odd. But he could have waited until tomorrow at some point to throw something better together for this. I'm not sure what the big rush was about, assuming that's the excuse for the low effort.

Why does he need to edit? illmatic?

​Counter question, why does he need to record a video of him showing all his videos? Everyone can see the videos that follow him so why make a video about it if you're not even going to make it unique or at least have some form of editing?

Oh and as illmatic pointed out, the week is not over yet so why make a video now, especially when Phil was gone for half of the week.

Am I the only person who thinks this is just Phil wanting more views and is a terrible idea?..I mean Phil already does a week in preview so why does he need to do a review...are your views that low, Phil?​

Well, I don't know if this is a valid complaint for recent months, but I remember a lot of people complaining in the past that they did not like that half of the video (or longer) for the week in preview was about what he did the previous week and that they suggested Phil do a separate week in review video. Obviously this first video would not be long since he just started doing it and there was not much to discuss. Starting next week, they should be longer and it will make the week in preview videos shorter for the people who did not have time to watch 30 minutes of them combined.

Am I the only person who thinks this is just Phil wanting more views and is a terrible idea?..I mean Phil already does a week in preview so why does he need to do a review...are your views that low, Phil?

​The week in preview is a 30 minute video, that's why.  This idea is meant to be a time-saver.

I hate to say it, but the whole video seemed pretty useless to me. I mean... doesn't Phil do the week in review during his week in preview anyway? He always starts out saying: "I played this and that and i did this vlog" and then he does his week in preview, so the whole video seemed really weird and out of place. That's my two cents anyway.

After giving it some thought, I think I would like a Wednesday recap video too. Screw it, go all out and give me a recap on Monday as well. You can never have enough preview/review videos for the week. We can call it Week in Wednesday or The King of Monday.

Then of course we'll have the daily prestreams where these same topics will be discussed as well. It's like a bonus.

Well, I don't know if this is a valid complaint for recent months, but I remember a lot of people complaining in the past that they did not like that half of the video (or longer) for the week in preview was about what he did the previous week and that they suggested Phil do a separate week in review video. Obviously this first video would not be long since he just started doing it and there was not much to discuss. Starting next week, they should be longer and it will make the week in preview videos shorter for the people who did not have time to watch 30 minutes of them combined.

​Problem is his preview and review is going to be about the same thing..for the complaining he could of just talked about what happened in the past for a few minutes but made the upcoming games the meat of the video, easily 10 mins..

After 2+ years of people complaining that too much of the Week In Preview is review, and that it should be it's own video, I announced 2 weeks ago I was going to do this as an idea. Not that it would be a heavily-edited montage thing, but that it would be a quick heads-up to those who watch my content on the weekends because that's when they have the most free time. If you don't know where this video came from, you must not be paying attention as it was clearly explained multiple times over the past 2 weeks.

Which is why it's so short (it's only meant to be a quick recap for those who have free weekends to watch YouTube content) and why it's with the handheld camera. Although I guess I could use OBS to do a screengrab, not that I think that would add anything at all to the video since it's only meant to be a very quick recap for those about to watch vids during the weekend.

Why is this on Friday? Because if you have weekends free, getting a recap of the week on Sunday is completely pointless; your weekend is already over and it's too late. This video makes complete sense from a logical perspective, and it will help cut down on time in the WIP, which will now have a VERY brief recap and be shortened.

But thanks to the usual negative idiots above who of course have to insult and say "it's all about more views." Enjoy your warnings/moderation and hopefully you won't be around much longer since you can't help yourself but insult me nonstop.

• Upvote 1
  • Phil locked this topic