The King of Hate Forums
horrorpunx610

Have you ever sold/traded a game or collectible and regretted it later?

Phil's video about selling his statuettes got me thinking. I've collected my fair share of things, mostly games, comics and horror movies. There have been times where I've sold off some of my stuff, thinking I wouldn't miss it, only to regret it later. There are a fair amount of games that I especially wish I'd never gotten rid of. What about you guys?

This isn't a thread meant to criticize Phil, but if I were the one with all those statues, I'd keep them in storage til I could get some sort of display case to put them in. Maybe rearrange that gaming room and find a place for it...

I always end up regretting selling any of my games. So now if I ever buy a game, I keep it, even if I don't like it. xD

• Upvote 1

Once upon a time I was attached to my gaming library.  I went about six years without trading a single game in.  Then came a day where I sold the entire collection, and now all my games are digital.  The only thing I regret is not turning in games when I was done with them.

I traded in lunar: silver star story(ps1) for $5. I felt so terrible after that from then on I just sold my games instead of trading them...

When I was a dumb kid I wanted money for more games so I sold about 60%-70% of my PS2 games to GameStop.... I would slap that kid if I could go back .___.

• Upvote 1

When I was a dumb kid I wanted money for more games so I sold about 60%-70% of my PS2 games to GameStop.... I would slap that kid if I could go back .___.

​Man, I love my PS2 collection, but I've also sold or lost track of a lot of my old games from when I was junior-high age. I've actually re-bought some of them, which isn't too bad really, since many of them cost way less than they did when they were new. Still, it would've been better not having to do that in the first place.

Yep. Multiple times. Final Fantasy XII, Onimusha 3, Rogue Galaxy, and Star Ocean 3. At some point, I felt I was getting "bored" with them, sold them to my local GameStop, then of course I eventually started to miss them over time and just had to buy them a second time.

I try to avoid selling stuff nowadays, only making exceptions for the very few occasions where I know for sure that I'm not enjoying the game or don't plan on playing through it anymore (I can safely say I'm not gonna miss BioShock Infinite and Dark Souls).

Biggest regret was selling a huge chunk of my Sega Genesis collection. I don't really think about it anymore, but when I get nostalgic I really hate myself for doing that. 

Yeah I used to trade in games all the time at GameStop. The worst instance was trading in Super Paper Mario. I regretted it not long after. Not so much because of the poor amount I got for trading it in (though that did factor in), but because I got the itch to play it afterwords. I had to buy it again and that was when I knew I was done trading in games unless I was 100% sure I no longer wanted it. Most recent time was ZombiU since I had no fun with it at all. 

I deeply regret trading in Need for Speed: Underground for GameCube quite a few years back. I also have it for PS2 and Xbox, but the GameCube version is the one I have the most fond memories with, and simply re-buying it wouldn't be the same as the copy I owned that long ago.

If there is one game that I regret trading off to stores was a copy of Okami I traded it off after completing it 100%. I thought I probably wouldn't go back to the game anytime soon. But one day, I had a real craving to play that game again and it took me some time to eventually find a Wii release of that copy. It felt strange playing the game again with motion controls when I had played the original PS2 copy but slowly grown to like the Wii version as the definitive version imo.

I traded in Black Ops 2 (PS3) to Gamestop just a couple months ago. I play BO2 more on my 360. That being said, I bought the Buried DLC for BO2 on PS3 and I don't want to buy it again for 360. That's the only reason I regret trading it in.

I traded God of War since it wasn't my style at the time. Looking back on it I kinda warmed up to the game a bit but I've never actually reobtained it. 

I had to trade in Crazy Taxi as well, but that was because my copy was messed up. Sometimes it's start, but it usually didn't.