The King of Hate Forums

[2/13] [3DS] Majora's mask Discusssion

Yeah, there's worst segments than the zora egg quest: The Well.

Just finished up Stone tower...that place was a bit of a headache, but I managed to walk away with all the stray fairies and scored the Fairy sword. Also got the Giant's mask(it's in a new place in this version), so I'm ready to beat the final boss and get the Fierce diety. Twinmold was still tough and had a boatload of health.

(edit) And just finished Majora's mask, got all the masks so in the end I acquired the Fierce diety mask which literally wrecked the final boss. That mask is seriously OP. I think I got the best ending for doing most of the sidequests.

One question, though it's a bit spoilery:

At the end Skull kid says that he was taught a song by a fairy kid in the woods, anyone know if that's an OoT reference? Who is he talking about?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​Same for pewdiepie and many other people on youtube, however Phil isn't going to change after 7+ years. Don't bother. Anyway I'd like to see Phil get the All-night mask and do the Anju/Kafei sideque

Made me cringe when he did that ridiculous jump instead of just using the lens of truth in Ikana castle, stuff like that is why TIHYDP videos exist. Stop enabling them.

I think it's best to set up Phil with a guide so he can get the remaining mask in the least time possible. Here it is.   How to Get the Remaining Mask (7) Things you need: 1 Red Potion 500 Rupuee

Posted Images

I think Phil is going to have one hell of a hard time today in the Great Bay Temple. I tried it last night and I ran out of time and had to reset it. It is such a headache to figure out how all those levers and shit effect the water flow. Plus for some reason that temple always gives me trouble with my camera angle, which usually isn't a problem for me.

I think Phil is going to have one hell of a hard time today in the Great Bay Temple. I tried it last night and I ran out of time and had to reset it. It is such a headache to figure out how all those levers and shit effect the water flow. Plus for some reason that temple always gives me trouble with my camera angle, which usually isn't a problem for me.

​Yeah the last two temples are a pain, best to start them on day 1 and slow time. If you get stuck you can always save your game before wasting a bunch of time trying different things, or use the hint stone back at Clock town. Biggest problem for me was getting all the stray fairies, finished with less than 5 minutes left on the clock.

I think you should tone down your language a bit during the Majoras mask play through. I'm not one for censorship but because of the nature of the game, children are probably watching and your using terms like Mother fucker and what not. Just a thought. 

​Same for pewdiepie and many other people on youtube, however Phil isn't going to change after 7+ years. Don't bother.

Anyway I'd like to see Phil get the All-night mask and do the Anju/Kafei sidequest before finishing this game.

• Upvote 2

That stream was a mixed bag. It does get frustrating sometimes when Phil goes YOLO and fails repeatedly. That's not to say some of it wasn't funny (i.e jumping into the river and ending up in swamp, walking into the spring cave to die.) Sometimes he needs to do what the game tells you ( keep the Garo Mask on while you're in the canyon), or what is expected of you (buy a map ASAP or listen to Tatl).

I knew about the fairy fountain, but I was cheering him on to enter the Cave and Well with half a heart. It was glorious.

I'd like to see him get all the masks, even if he gets stream to tell him where they are, though it would make the playthrough a bit lengthier and I doubt it would enjoy the obstacle courses for the diety mask at the end lol.

During that part I was hoping he would pull out the Lens of Truth and rage at the fact he just made things harder for himself. :laugh:

That being said, he didn't rage as much as I thought he would, what with all of the backtracking you have to do. I wonder whether he'll go do all of the side stuff like the strip house or just head straight for the Stone Temple?

meh, Phil doesn't post in these and he doesn't take any of our suggestions so dunno why these topics exist except for fans to discuss the playthrough.

Really liked to see him get the all night mask for that extra backstory with Skull kid before he finishes the game.

Some classic rage today, he really had a hard time with Twinmold. He'll finish the game next stream as he only has the Clock town fight left.

I still think he should get the All night mask for the skull kid backstory and Anju/Kafei's mask(just use a guide). Those are the only notable sidequests worth doing. If you get all the masks in the game it unlocks a whole final dungeon sequence and gets you a different ending, otherwise the ending is just the boss fight and you're done.

I'll post below how to get them.

All night mask:

All night mask: Go to midnight of the First day and stop the lady from getting robbed, then go to Night 3 and visit the curiosity shop at night to buy the All night mask for 500 coins(need the biggest wallet). With the All night mask you can talk to the old lady at the inn and she'll tell you some stories about Skull kid and the clock town festival.

Anju and Kafei's quest:

Anju/Kafei's questline is the longest and most complicated in the game, however you can easily do it within 30 minutes if you use a guide:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/majoras-mask-walkthrough/anju-kafei-quest/

So the total masks Phil has collected so far.

Obtained:

• All 3 transformation masks
  • Giant's Mask
  • Bremen Mask 
  • Don Gero Mask
  • Kafei Mask
  • Blast Mask
  • Bunny Hood
  • Mask of Truth
  • Mask of Scents
  • Gibido Mask
  • Romani's Mask
  • Captain's hat
  • Trope Leader's Mask (Gorman)
  • Great Fairy's Mask
  • Garo's Mask

Unobtained:

• ​Kamaro's Mask
  • Keaton Mask
  • All Night Mask
  • Couple's Mask
  • Stone Mask
  • Postman's Mask
  • Fierce Deity Mask

I will give a link below to Zelda Dungeon's which will list all the masks and HOW to obtain them below. I hope this will help Phil.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Majora%27s_Mask_Masks

• Upvote 1
Unobtained:
  • ​Kamaro's Mask
  • Keaton Mask
  • All Night Mask
  • Couple's Mask
  • Stone Mask
  • Postman's Mask
  • Fierce Deity Mask

​Luckily the Keaton mask and Couple's mask can both be obtained during the Anju/Kafei sidequest, and the Fierce deity is just your reward for getting all the others. So it doesn't require much to get all of them, however I dunno if he would want to do the Diety segments...the final area with all masks is pretty rage inducing. The only bonus is that the final boss is a cakewalk if you get them all..

​Luckily the Keaton mask and Couple's mask can both be obtained during the Anju/Kafei sidequest, and the Fierce deity is just your reward for getting all the others. So it doesn't require much to get all of them, however I dunno if he would want to do the Diety segments...the final area with all masks is pretty rage inducing.

​sorry but i think the final area for the mask is easy, once you know what you're doing that is.

Damn I hope this helps Phil, I even linked Zelda Dungeon which has a detailed explanation to how to get the masks as well so Phil doesn't get lost.

Keep in mind that if he gets the Fierce Deity Mask, Majora won't last long. :laugh:

That being said, I don't understand why Nintendo changed all of the bosses besides Gyorg who was the primary complaint in the original version of Majora's Mask.

Damn I hope this helps Phil, I even linked Zelda Dungeon which has a detailed explanation to how to get the masks as well so Phil doesn't get lost.

Keep in mind that if he gets the Fierce Deity Mask, Majora won't last long. :laugh:

That being said, I don't understand why Nintendo changed all of the bosses besides Gyorg who was the primary complaint in the original version of Majora's Mask.

​Gyorg is changed, if i remember correctly.

I think it's best to set up Phil with a guide so he can get the remaining mask in the least time possible. Here it is.

How to Get the Remaining Mask (7)

Things you need:

1 Red Potion

500 Rupuees

Day 1

1) Go to the center room (the one with the watch tower) of the Pirate Fortress

2)Use the Lens of Truth to find the invisible man and give him the potion to receive the Stone Mask (1)

3) Save the lady in North Clock Town at Midnight

4) Go to Snowhead area in the Termina field and talk to the ghost that is playing music to get the Kamaro’s Mask (2)

Day 3

5) Advance to 10:00 pm on Day 3, go to the Curiosity Shop, buy the All-Night mask and go back to Day 1.

Day 1 (Completing the Anju-Kafei Sidequest)

1) Talk to Anju with Kafei’s mask at 2:00 pm

2) Meet her in the kitchen at 11:30

Day 2

3) Advance  Mail the letter

4) Go the Laundry Pool (Kafei’s house at 3 pm) and talk to Kafei

5) Give Anju the pendant and advance to Day 3

Day 3

6) Go to the Laundry Pool at 1:00 pm and talk to the man inside to receive the Keaton Mask (4) and a letter of Kafei’s mother. Hold on to the letter.

7) Go to Ikana Canyon and save your game. Go to Sakon’s hideout at 6:00, and do not let him see you.

8) Solve the puzzle in his hideout.

9) Advance to mid-night, give the letter to the postman, and follow him to receive the Postman’s Hat (5)

10) Go to the Stock Inn and inside the employee’s room around 4:30 am; watch the cut-scene and get the Couple’s Mask (6).

11) Go save your game and head inside the Clock Tower.

12) Complete the four mini-dungeon and get the Fierce Deity Mask(7).

• Upvote 2

4) Go to Snowhead area in the Termina field and talk to the ghost that is playing music to get the Kamaro’s Mask (2)

To be exact, it's in Termina field between the ocean and mountain areas. The ghost appears on top of one of those giant mushroom things and only shows up after midnight, if I recall. You can hear weird music.

Optional, but once you get the All night mask go to the inn and speak with the old women with the mask on for backstory about the Skull kid and his "friends." This should be done separate from Literrerial's instructions above as it advances time quite a bit.

The inn is typically locked at night, but you can enter via the upstairs door or by taking the Goron's reservation.

(Optional, but checkout the bathroom below the Inn stairs for an interesting encounter lol)

7) Go to Ikana Canyon and save your game. Go to Sakon’s hideout at 6:00, and do not let him see you.

To be exact, when you warp to Ikana canyon you have to drop down to the area next to the river and follow it to where the lone Deku scrub is. Check behind the rocks and stay hidden.

10) Go to the Stock Inn and inside the employee’s room around 4:30 am; watch the cut-scene and get the Couple’s Mask (6).

To be exact again, you have to go to the room at the Inn where Anju is waiting, and you have to wait out the clock. When it starts counting down to the Moon's fall, you can't leave...Kafei should show up with a minute remaining on the clock. Once you have the Couple's mask you want to gtfo of there and reverse time.

Completely optional, but you can use the Couple's mask on Day 1 by talking to the mayor while wearing it for a cool scene.

Be aware that getting all the masks in the game will make the final area of the game tougher. You may rage.

• Upvote 1

To be exact, it's in Termina field between the ocean and mountain areas. The ghost appears on top of one of those giant mushroom things and only shows up after midnight, if I recall. You can hear weird music.

Optional, but once you get the All night mask go to the inn and speak with the old women with the mask on for backstory about the Skull kid and his "friends." This should be done separate from Literrerial's instructions above as it advances time quite a bit.

The inn is typically locked at night, but you can enter via the upstairs door or by taking the Goron's reservation.

(Optional, but checkout the bathroom below the Inn stairs for an interesting encounter lol)

To be exact, when you warp to Ikana canyon you have to drop down to the area next to the river and follow it to where the lone Deku scrub is. Check behind the rocks and stay hidden.

To be exact again, you have to go to the room at the Inn where Anju is waiting, and you have to wait out the clock. When it starts counting down to the Moon's fall, you can't leave...Kafei should show up with a minute remaining on the clock. Once you have the Couple's mask you want to gtfo of there and reverse time.

Completely optional, but you can use the Couple's mask on Day 1 by talking to the mayor while wearing it for a cool scene.

Be aware that getting all the masks in the game will make the final area of the game tougher. You may rage.

kind of a Spoiler  but it's my opinion.

btw i think OOT Link died.