The King of Hate Forums

Question about minecraft

So phil had reached his minecraft goal on patreon. I have a question. Let's say phil plays minecraft and the video gets like 50k or more views. Is he going to continue to keep posting minecraft let's plays every week? What if they do really well? Will he become like everyone else? Also i assume phil is gonna post his minecraft video in one long video not 10 short ones i hope. 

Is he going to continue to keep posting minecraft let's plays every week? What if they do really well? Will he become like everyone else? 

According to Phil's Patreon, he said it would be a weekly thing and his Patrons would be able to decide if he should keep doing it or not.

Once we hit $500/month of total Patron financing, I'll start a limited-run series (one stream a week) where I check out Minecraft and/or it's mods per YOUR suggestions. This will be once every week for the month that the financing goal is met; once it happens, Patrons will be able to decide whether they'd like to see this continue OR if it should be switched up for something different (if the $500/month financing continues to be hit, that is). 

still dont get it haha.. yeah sandbox game but how is that junk so popular. just sit there and do construction inefficiently hehe.. funny thing is even my 10 year old cousin loves the shit out of the game so it's like the pewdiepie of games atm :(

​I think part of what makes Minecraft so popular is the massive amount of mods and things other people make. One of them is pixelmon, where people re-create everything about pokemon and add more of them over time (which their animations are starting to get really good).

He'll upload them like every other playthrough, dunno why they would be any different.

​every other playthrough, only difference is its minecraft theres only so much you can do a playthrough on, so I'd think itd be til he gets bored of it or after a month for the goal. 

Honestly dont get the whole hype w/ minecraft, its jus really pointless game imo

I enjoyed Minecraft for a couple years, it's a fun game but the building elements weren't that big with me. I just liked the exploration and survival elements, finding crazy biomes and weird islands surrounded by miles of water. I also played most of the Vechs Super Hostile maps:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1454714-ctm-collection-vechs-super-hostile-series

Some of the hardest maps you can get for Minecraft. I also often played with a Super hardcore server mod which disabled healing and restoration, meaning you had to play carefully or you would die and your character would be wiped. The server would lock and you'd have to start over. Really fun.

Maybe when Phil eventually gets into playing the game, he could setup a server and do challenge runs with fans...maybe some Hunger games style maps with teams?

So many other questions. Like if/when he plays Minecraft. Will it be on pc or console? Creation or Survival? Hope he pics the latter. Also the beauty of the game to me anyway is where you set up your home/base. I choose a cave and you hear the creeper moans at night lol.

​Uhhhhhhhhh...creepers don't make noise until they hiss to blow up.

I enjoyed Minecraft for a couple years, it's a fun game but the building elements weren't that big with me. I just liked the exploration and survival elements, finding crazy biomes and weird islands surrounded by miles of water.

​Did you ever try the 404 Challenge when the seed was viable?

​Uhhhhhhhhh...creepers don't make noise until they hiss to blow up.

​Heh... if he plays it on PC, there's actually a mod so that they don't explode until you turn around and look at them. XD

So many other questions. Like if/when he plays Minecraft. Will it be on pc or console? Creation or Survival? Hope he pics the latter. Also the beauty of the game to me anyway is where you set up your home/base. I choose a cave and you hear the creeper moans at night lol.

​I think the sound you're hearing is zombies. Also, building inside a cave does offer a few advantages, including just having to dig in and then setting up your base.

• Upvote 1

​I think part of what makes Minecraft so popular is the massive amount of mods and things other people make. One of them is pixelmon, where people re-create everything about pokemon and add more of them over time (which their animations are starting to get really good).

​Isn't just about mods, it's about doing what humans instinctively loves doing: building stuff. Sure the mods do come into play like any other PC version game but think about it, not many sandbox games are as simple yet enjoyable to play. Some people can live out being a farmer, a breeder, an adventurer or maybe building a sweet castle and what not out of anything you want. Your creativity flows and you make the game fun. It's also very casual and yet relaxing at the same time. For many people, they started off in alpha or early beta like myself and to see it grow as it is today is pretty sweet. That nice 10-$14 for the game was well spent for 5 years on the PC and I still like to go back to it once in awhile. 

​I spoke to him about it, he said he wants to do a blind playthrough. I don't know how he's going to pull that off.

​That's...hmm...hmm. Not even a bit of research? It's been like half a year, but I don't think there's a way to see the recipes for stuff in the game itself...plus food isn't exactly handed to you unless you get lucky and find a village very close to spawn...

Unfortunately it's one of those games where you need a crafting guide open on your other screen/laptop, there's so much to craft and there's no in-game guide, unless they added one.

​I'm torn between either 1. Telling him that so he can at least be somewhat prepared or 2. Saying nothing and just watching him attempt a blind playthrough out of morbid curiosity.

Minecraft isn't the type of game to do blind, you need to have a crafting guide open to do most of the stuff. Just tell him because otherwise you'll have minecraft pros complaining in the comments, him complaining about how crap the game is or directing that to Mojang(Notch doesn't even own the game anymore, MS does) and the videos becoming bad. Research is a necessity for this game, there's no reason to be torn about it it's just one of those games