The King of Hate Forums
Howgoesit

Why not finish older playthroughs on Sunday?

It's funny how he could have finshed parasite Eve and even gone back to tales of xillia 2 today while waiting for the DLC but instead he wastes his time and makes a rant video. I'm sorry but why didn't he just finish parasite eve today? Cause now it's going to be God knows how long until he goes back to it. Actually I don't even think he is going to go back to it. This seriously ticks me off. 

Phil is at the end of the game and could have easily played Parasite Eve or Xillia 2 while he was waiting. At this point my hopes of him going back to it are slim. 

• Upvote 3

Phil is at the end of the game and could have easily played Parasite Eve or Xillia 2 while he was waiting. At this point my hopes of him going back to it are slim. ​

Phil's motivation was apparently that "It'd be frustrating" to go back to Parasite Eve because "Final area is apparently really hard and it's been awhile since I played it"

• Upvote 3

Phil is at the end of the game and could have easily played Parasite Eve or Xillia 2 while he was waiting. At this point my hopes of him going back to it are slim.

I don't understand why this thought didn't cross his mind while waiting. Could have finshed it now so people would stop asking him about it but nope he goes on and makes a rant video. It feels like a slap in the face to the fans that have been waiting months to see the return of it only to be disappointed every time. I honestly doubt he'll go back to it even though he said he would. If he isn't going back to parasite Eve which he only has an hour or so left in no way he's ever going back to tales of xillia 2. 

Phil's motivation was apparently that "It'd be frustrating" to go back to Parasite Eve because "Final area is apparently really hard and it's been awhile since I played it"

​Can he just look up online or maybe practice a bit before starting the playthrough again? Even when I've been gone from playing certain games for months I at least remember the basic controls and mechanics. I can understand that fact about him being a bit rusty but its not that hard to get readjusted.

• Upvote 2

​Can he just look up online or maybe practice a bit before starting the playthrough again? Even when I've been gone from playing certain games for months I at least remember the basic controls and mechanics. I can understand that fact about him being a bit rusty but its not that hard to get readjusted.

Even though he's been away from the game for months it's really not that hard to get back into it. I'd be surprised if he went back to it tonight but I highly doubt that. 

• Upvote 2

I know Heist was kinda hyped from before launch and understand why he's playing it but what about tomorrow? What he's playing tomorrow? Kirby? I mean his prestream literally stated "I'm not bothered by the views as i'm having fun, which is why I'm continuing playing Kirby" Yet, the games people been asking for awhile gets nothing. He still hasn't played Assassins Creed Rogue he promised he would play at some point(said this late november). Phil has already started a trend of broken promises and unfinished playthroughs continues to pile up which is disappointing and bad for business. 

He had a perfect opportunity to finish Parasite Eve but would rather play nothing and make a rant video because he thinks his rants/vlogs/reviews get more views even though he isn't interested in views.  Not being about views is interesting in itself, he keeps condescendingly telling us he has a business but doesn't appear to want to make money, or at least says he isn't about views and money, did they teach that as part of the business degree?  Strange, he acts like making money to live on is somehow a bad thing.

But I went off on a tangerine there, he could have played Parasite Eve, he should have played Parasite Eve but chose to act as though Sony purposely scuppered his plans for the lulz and didn't think an hour before stream time [advertised stream time anyway] 'this DLC isn;t released, I doubt it will be either,  what else can I play' like normal people would have

• Upvote 1

He had a perfect opportunity to finish Parasite Eve but would rather play nothing and make a rant video because he thinks his rants/vlogs/reviews get more views even though he isn't interested in views.  Not being about views is interesting in itself, he keeps condescendingly telling us he has a business but doesn't appear to want to make money, or at least says he isn't about views and money, did they teach that as part of the business degree?  Strange, he acts like making money to live on is somehow a bad thing.

But I went off on a tangerine there, he could have played Parasite Eve, he should have played Parasite Eve but chose to act as though Sony purposely scuppered his plans for the lulz and didn't think an hour before stream time [advertised stream time anyway] 'this DLC isn;t released, I doubt it will be either,  what else can I play' like normal people would have

​Too sour?

• Upvote 1

Here's the simple answer: HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY PARASITE EVE. Maybe he will finish it during the summer drought. There are major games out that deserve more attention.

Question, how would you know that he doesn't want to play parasite eve? Never said he stopped playing it because he lost interest or didn't like it. Last time I checked it was because of all the games coming out.  

He could finish it today but I think he's gonna play that Ori game instead. 

Well from what I can tell he isn't doing a second stream tonight and is instead going to do a review of the evil within dlc. Are there any new games coming out this week? Cause he could do it over the weekend but I still doubt he will. 

Edit: No second stream and is doing a review. Well he had two days to go back to parasite eve and tales but didn't. At this point I might as well face facts and say that the playthough is finished same for tales. Really wish he would have said no on ask the king instead of maybe. At least then I wouldn't keep on being disappointed. 

I say, why wait for Sundays? I'd suggest after the current in-progress playthroughs are done, he should just focus purely on unfinished playthroughs (Parasite Eve, Tales of Xillia 2/Symphonia HD, etc.) until they're done. Once those are out of the way, that's less for him to worry about.

• Upvote 3

I say, why wait for Sundays? I'd suggest after the current in-progress playthroughs are done, he should just focus purely on unfinished playthroughs (Parasite Eve, Tales of Xillia 2/Symphonia HD, etc.) until they're done. Once those are out of the way, that's less for him to worry about.

That's not a bad idea honestly yet I doubt he'll do it. I can assume that once he has some downtime he'll start other new playthroughs and still won't finish up the older unfinished playthroughs. I really hope I'm wrong about that and he does finish them up first. 

Question, how would you know that he doesn't want to play parasite eve? Never said he stopped playing it because he lost interest or didn't like it. Last time I checked it was because of all the games coming out.  

​And last I checked his patreon is supposed to allow him not to play every new release yet he's still playing tons of new releases day 1. I'm not saying he shouldn't play them I just believe you need to finish older stuff before playing new stuff. It doesn't look good on your business image if you don't finish what needs to be done

Also on top of this, he also should take his time with the game. I know he's going to be playing bloodborne but he needs to take the game slow and try to learn the game. If he thought Dark Souls / demon souls was punishing he's in for a world of hurt because this game is 2x more difficult and PvP happens instantly without any notifications. In other words you cannot prepare for it. And knowing phil he's going to rage hard. It might be 2015 version of "dark souls 1, 2011" with a nice rage quit within 40 videos lol

​As much as I would love him to continue them it looks like it won't happen. Phil probably thinks those don't bring enough views to continue.

Here's the simple answer: HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY PARASITE EVE. Maybe he will finish it during the summer drought. There are major games out that deserve more attention.

​He keeps bringing it up on about a weekly basis so it is clear he is aware he hasn't finished it yet, so in that regard it does interest him/his viewers(As shown by him biting the bullet to play Minecraft, he does what his viewers kind of want)

He should definitely finish any older playthroughs (parasite eve. Xillia 2, Symphonia/Dawn of the new World) and has had opportunities to do it also, like why do a full playthrough of GTA V again for first person when a First Impressions would be sufficient as he's played gta already. Like recent when RE:Revelations 2 Ep 3 was delayed why did he jus do nothing instead of picking one of those games up again and just doing an impromptu stream? He really need to not be selective with his viewers/fans and actually care what even the smallest fan/viewerbase would want to see(older playthroughs finished). Definitely unprofessional and ruining is rep even more

​As much as I would love him to continue them it looks like it won't happen. Phil probably thinks those don't bring enough views to continue.

​Monster Hunter, Majora's Mask and Kirby didn't seem to bring in a lot of views, either, and yet they're there. At this point, low views outside of the biggest, most popular new AAA releases are gonna be a given. I understand that it's technically the smarter business decision to set the "unpopular" content aside and go for what gets the most attention, but it's not the best idea to leave the fans hanging, y'know? I'd imagine it'd be a pleasant surprise for people to suddenly see a return to those older playthroughs.

​With that line of logic why bother playing any old game or indie game when they're not going to pull the views? Kirby is a game that is 2 weeks old and they're not pulling the same views yet he stated on prestream "i don't care for the views because i'm having fun with the game" which at this point games like TESIV: Oblivion with mods, Parsite Eve and Xillia 2 should be contenders for playthroughs right now. Also DBZ Xenoverse wasn't a AAA game either yet he did an entire playthrough for it. Why? If it's for the enjoyment then there's no excuse not to go back to them. Phil also mentioned AC Rogue, ps3 version, to be played and recorded back in late november. Another playthrough

Outside of Bloodborne what's the next big game releasing? Nothing from what I know of. I mean BF Hardline is releasing around that time but it's not worth doing ASAP when it's a BF game and you know how it's going to play out, similar to cod every year. So waiting for a bit to play that is fair game. Bloodborne should be combined with P.E or Xillia 2

​With that line of logic why bother playing any old game or indie game when they're not going to pull the views? Kirby is a game that is 2 weeks old and they're not pulling the same views yet he stated on prestream "i don't care for the views because i'm having fun with the game" which at this point games like TESIV: Oblivion with mods, Parsite Eve and Xillia 2 should be contenders for playthroughs right now. Also DBZ Xenoverse wasn't a AAA game either yet he did an entire playthrough for it. Why? If it's for the enjoyment then there's no excuse not to go back to them. Phil also mentioned AC Rogue, ps3 version, to be played and recorded back in late november. Another playthrough
Outside of Bloodborne what's the next big game releasing? Nothing from what I know of. I mean BF Hardline is releasing around that time but it's not worth doing ASAP when it's a BF game and you know how it's going to play out, similar to cod every year. So waiting for a bit to play that is fair game. Bloodborne should be combined with P.E or Xillia 2

​True you have a point there, maybe Xillia 2 could have a chance of coming back though I don't think it will happen for a while.

Speaking of indie from what I read on Phil's Twitter it sounds like he may already drop ori and the blind forest.  Was wishing that his Patreon would stop this process but so far it hasn't.

​And Patreon is there to help remove the "burden" of views so I see no problem on why he shouldn't continue, even though Parasite Eve gets hard at the end.

• Upvote 2

​And Patreon is there to help remove the "burden" of views so I see no problem on why he shouldn't continue, even though Parasite Eve gets hard at the end.

Let's hope that we will one day see the return of these playthoughs. I feel like if he keeps on pushing these games further and further back he might drop them all together. Which would suck a lot.