The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

MGS V: The Phantom Pain releasing September 1st

The new MGS game will launch worldwide September 1st. The news was supposed to be announced tomorrow but IGN accidentally posted the video early (now removed).

Get hype! Can't wait for this.

Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1002982

As a huge Metal Gear fan from back when MGS1 came out, there is literally nothing in that Collector's Edition to make me want to fork out the extra cash for it. Never been one for statues, and I'm happy with the physical map & digital extras in the Day One Edition.

The only thing I have a real interest in is the steelbook, which looking at it - with both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain art represented, and the fact it only says "Metal Gear Solid V" on the side - I'm going to assume that it 2 disc slots, one for GZ and one for TPP, to keep the whole MGSV saga together. Which is pretty cool.

Well I guess it was destiny that made me go pre-order the collector's edition on Amazon before it sold out on PS4. I was going to cancel depending on what my financial situation looked like, but given the fact that Uncharted 4 got delayed I'll most likely keep it.

Interesting but am i not the only MGS fan who gives 0 shits about big boss and his story. Im actually a pissed snake is the main character of the series or was supposed to be and only got 2.5 games. Big boss is the real main character of the mgs series at this point he has 2x the games.

Even raiden has 1.5 games kinda funny when you realize how little snake has been in games i want a game with him again.

Ill get it for gameplay but im not really big fan story wise its not like they can surprise use with much any more i already know the end of snake and series.

Interesting but am i not the only MGS fan who gives 0 shits about big boss and his story. Im actually a pissed snake is the main character of the series or was supposed to be and only got 2.5 games. Big boss is the real main character of the mgs series at this point he has 2x the games.

Even raiden has 1.5 games kinda funny when you realize how little snake has been in games i want a game with him again.

Ill get it for gameplay but im not really big fan story wise its not like they can surprise use with much any more i already know the end of snake and series.

​I wouldn't underestimate Kojima, for all we know there's a time machine in Phantom Pain.

But all joking aside, unlike you I'm more interested in the story and how Big Boss goes from hero to demon, also I HOPE that Phantom Pain ends somewhere close to Metal Gear. I know Snake is just a teenager by the time MGSV take place, but fuck it gives us a time skip and let us face off Snake from Metal Gear and then end the game there.

Solid Snake is the main character of 4.5 games, including Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2.

And let's be honest, at this point most of us are expecting a younger Solid Snake to show up in The Phantom Pain. Perhaps even playable.

• Upvote 1

Solid Snake is the main character of 4.5 games, including Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2.

And let's be honest, at this point most of us are expecting a younger Solid Snake to show up in The Phantom Pain. Perhaps even playable.

​Ok fair enough i guess he was in first two games which im not really fan of there to different from rest of the games. The first two games have very little in story at all so its still more like 2.5