The King of Hate Forums

Tips & Help Thread: Minecraft

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@MrPapaveraceae  big ups thanks for all the Minecraft knowledge you’ve contributed to this thread and it’s corresponding streams.  I’m the same age as Phil and never bothered to play Minecraft for all

Why you shouldn't dig straight down.  How I recommend you dig down. Pressing F3 will give you info to see your altitude, this will come in handy when looking for rare ore that is only found at certa

Posted Images

On 12/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, MoraMoria said:

I haven't watched a Minecraft stream, (or part of it), in a long time. Does Phil ignore other suggestions that don't come from Mr.Papavera? All of them? Then what kind of interactions are happening in those streams? I can only imagine bait & food questions.

Anyways, I think you're being too harsh with Mr.Papavera, he's not obligated to anything, but I would recommend Phil to pay more attention to other viewers if what you're saying is accurate.

I don't think he's ignoring other suggestions, but when he's following a build he tends to focus on the one thing, and the things suggested by papavera have tended to be larger projects. Also papavera is the one actually drawing up a lot of the plans used for other peoples suggestions.

I think that any blame, if there is any, falls at phil's feet rather than someone making suggestions and putting hours of their time into showing DSP how to build these things.

8 hours ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Also papavera is the one actually drawing up a lot of the plans used for other peoples suggestions.

I think that any blame, if there is any, falls at phil's feet rather than someone making suggestions and putting hours of their time into showing DSP how to build these things.

Yeah, Papavera is not at fault. And he does projects in accordance with other people's suggestions? Then he's even going out of his way to help.

Huh. That's interesting. I think he wants to keep it single player for now. Even if he can change it, he wants to finish doing what he wants in his world first before letting people in, cause they would destroy it. Making a Realms world, would be an option, but I don't think he wants to spend the time and money on that. He would need people to be there to be admins and they might no always be there and likely turn in to a toxic place and get hacked and be an overall mess.

If there is a lot of support for a Realms, he might consider it, but I think it would come down to if he has time to get it all set up and if he will have enough support to keep it open and interest wouldn't just die down and hardly anyone uses it.

He tried a server once and it was a disaster. Also, people lost interest.

If someone wants to make a fan server, it would be up to them.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, MoraMoria said:

@MrPapaveraceae

Or maybe you can make him a guide to build something that's also cool, like a Japanese castle, several floors, traditional. Or maybe a Gothic or Renaissance cathedral, would be fun!

Examples taken from Google images:

Gothic.jpg

Japanese.jpg

Please DONT. Stuff like this will take MONTHS and he will get even more backlogged on requests. If you're going to make something let it be small and simple like pic below

2a09df9450c1c9d74da761eabec9b611--minecraft-plans-minecraft-mods.jpg

How long are the "logs" on requests as of now, anyway? I've never played Minecraft, but the appeal that game would have for me is the fact that I can construct freely & make it big. There's no point in doing simple, small, easy to do things.

If it was for me I'd try to make the bathhouse of "Spirited Away" for example, and the rest of the town while I'm at it. And despite the fact that I've never tried it, I'd experiment with it & design it myself or add a personal touch, that's the fun in this.

Example from Google images:

Bathhouse.jpg

I don't care for the building aspects of minecraft at all. The game was always about exploration and the modding community puts out tons of maps over the years.

The popular ones being Vechs super hostile maps, he apparently did one just recently called Iceolation where you have to avoid freezing to death.

https://superhostile.fandom.com/wiki/Vechs

https://www.superhostile.net/maps/

THIS is fun, not building some dumb castles.

Edited by KGhaleon
On 1/8/2020 at 6:36 AM, MoraMoria said:

@MrPapaveraceae

Or maybe you can make him a guide to build something that's also cool, like a Japanese castle, several floors, traditional. Or maybe a Gothic or Renaissance cathedral, would be fun!

Examples taken from Google images:

Gothic.jpg

Japanese.jpg

On 1/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, babymngaming456 said:

@MrPapaveraceae Can you make Phil a guide for an XP farm so he can chill? You can make it into a shrine too.

XP is not a big deal right now.

When the Librarian Farm is done, it will act as an XP farm as well. He also has Spider Mob Spawner under his home. That would make an easy mob/xp farm.

Building a mob and an XP farm is something I want to do eventually.

I would also love to have him try something like a cathedral. A bit unrealistic now. But I would like him to try something with a bit detail to it. I would have to start smaller first.

In response to anyone saying the builds were too large and boring. I was kind of testing the waters. At the very beginning, I was a little hopeful, but I'm seeing I need to scale things back.

I've had some disappointments when suggestions were turned down, put aside, or even glossed over.

In some ways I understand why. I been trying to adapt to fit what he has time for, but still have places I would like to take the builds, using more advanced techniques. Call it stubbornness, naivety, or even stupidity. (e.g. The bird statue; that one did get a little away from me.)

What I do to help can be it bit frustrating and thinking about letting someone else give it shot and see what happens, but the investment I put in doesn't really bother me, partly cause I see it as a challenge. It's also teaching me more about the game, just by doing things for him.

I actually know squat about Bedrock and only play in Java, so in places where I screw up in a recipe, or some mechanic in the game. That's why.

The pace might be painfully slow and I might have to repeat things, but sometimes I like to just watch too. It helps that I like the game too.

I'm also not trying to get in the way of the streams and just do my thing, I'm going off suggestions and trying to help out.

I've seen complaints of people saying that I shouldn't help so much and just let him figure it out. Also getting annoyed by my 50 bit essays, then there is some that hate that I support him at all, which was made pretty apparent back in December. It's not my intention to annoy anyone.

Admittedly I have assumed to be the person to help out, cause I want to keep the series going and is one of my favorites that he has right now. Just worried that he'd give up and stop playing and if there was something I could do, I wanted to try to encourage him to keep playing and find something interesting to do.

First it was just showing him some basics, but it kind of veered off in to random builds, I guess cause people were getting bored.

Anyhow, it is what it is. Initially I wanted to show him just about everything about the game, but now I just feel I'm along for the ride and see where it goes.

Edited by MrPapaveraceae
7 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

I've seen complaints of people saying that I shouldn't help so much and just let him figure it out. Also getting annoyed by my 50 bit essays, then there is some that hate that I support him at all, which was made pretty apparent back in December. It's not my intention to annoy anyone.

You're just enjoying the game & streams, if someone is mad at you, it's their problem.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 1:06 AM, babymngaming456 said:

Since people ask Phil to do this but someone told him it's not possible.

This is how you change a singleplayer world to multiplayer on Xbox:

You need to be subscribed to Realms to use multiplayer, $8/month.

Didn't watch the video. You have to pay to access Multiplayer? That's horrible.

It would be great if Papavera joined Phil on whatever mode he's on. (I barely know anything about Minecraft).

I just watched a couple of minutes of Phil's Minecraft stream, when he was building some sort of building, supposedly the bird?. The interior looks like Noah's Ark or something.

That's cool, but I still think a cathedral or castle would've been better. I also know that there's some blocks or whatever that act as "buttons", (maybe, I don't know), so he could have built a ninja-house, filled with traps and labyrinths.

Well, that's what I would have done.

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

There's something really sad about watching the blind following of the guides. A whole stream just about looking for a turtle egg that's not even needed. But apparently it's a key component. He couldn't even find any turtles the whole stream so it was just detractor rants. Sure, there's nothing to do in Minecraft, but blindly following the guides to do pointless things feels sad. Do you really need a guide to do something pointless in Minecraft? Just call it Papavera plays Minecraft. If Papavera said to jump into lava Phil would do it. If he doesn't drop the guide because he can't get the egg then he has to find a wolf next, which he also doesn't need. It will be the same disaster. Papavera's goal is to teach Phil all these techniques that he will never use again. All this ordeal for a thing that can be built in an hour from cobblestone or dirt and water.

But I guess Phil enjoys following the guides, why else would he do it?

I think he said recently that he prefers games where he can chill. What's more chill than following a guide, that you know is legitimate because it's provided by a fan who likes the game, and it's the only thing you have to follow?

If he starts listening to everyone it'll be chaos, unless he puts in place an effective plan to be fair & listen to other's suggestions, regardless of their game-experience. I don't think he has it, so this would be the easiest thing to do.

This is my idea, he should do a poll with a bunch of big projects for Minecraft, (I'd of course put my suggestions of this thread, and see which one wins).