The King of Hate Forums
God_Revan

Tips & Help Thread: Minecraft

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskinzfan said:

Phil does whatever Mr. Papaveraceae tells him to do, and ignores other suggestions

But that's Phil's decision. It's not really Papavera's fault that Phil does this. Phil could do whatever he wants but he decided to follow everything Papavera tells him.

If you want Phil to do something you want then better start cheering those guides. You know he isn't going to do anything unless you give him a guide.

And in the hierarchy of things, the viewer's enjoyment obviously comes before Phil's.

Oh you...

Spoiler

Stop running the playthrough into the ground making it purposely unbearably boring.

Chill streams aren't there to be entertaining, the games are supposed to be just a background noise. It will change only if a lot of people start to complain and if contributions are low. But looks like people like these chill streams.

The most productive thing you can do is to talk with Papavera and give him ideas how he could make the playthrough more interesting.

Edited by babymngaming456

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskinzfan said:

Phil does whatever Mr. Papaveraceae tells him to do, and ignores other suggestions. And in the hierarchy of things, the viewer's enjoyment obviously comes before Phil's. You must ensure the viewer is happy with the stream, and then your needs follow. If Phil is unhappy with that system, there are hundreds of other chill games to play where both parties can be pleased. Stop running the playthrough into the ground making it purposely unbearably boring.

I haven't watched a Minecraft stream, (or part of it), in a long time. Does Phil ignore other suggestions that don't come from Mr.Papavera? All of them? Then what kind of interactions are happening in those streams? I can only imagine bait & food questions.

Anyways, I think you're being too harsh with Mr.Papavera, he's not obligated to anything, but I would recommend Phil to pay more attention to other viewers if what you're saying is accurate.

12 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Are you referring to this?

Maybe @KGhaleon knows.

Onyx took it offline ages ago, though I did get the map from him. Basically there's no TKOH server anymore.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, MoraMoria said:

I haven't watched a Minecraft stream, (or part of it), in a long time. Does Phil ignore other suggestions that don't come from Mr.Papavera? All of them? Then what kind of interactions are happening in those streams? I can only imagine bait & food questions.

Anyways, I think you're being too harsh with Mr.Papavera, he's not obligated to anything, but I would recommend Phil to pay more attention to other viewers if what you're saying is accurate.

I don't think he's ignoring other suggestions, but when he's following a build he tends to focus on the one thing, and the things suggested by papavera have tended to be larger projects. Also papavera is the one actually drawing up a lot of the plans used for other peoples suggestions.

I think that any blame, if there is any, falls at phil's feet rather than someone making suggestions and putting hours of their time into showing DSP how to build these things.

8 hours ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Also papavera is the one actually drawing up a lot of the plans used for other peoples suggestions.

I think that any blame, if there is any, falls at phil's feet rather than someone making suggestions and putting hours of their time into showing DSP how to build these things.

Yeah, Papavera is not at fault. And he does projects in accordance with other people's suggestions? Then he's even going out of his way to help.

Huh. That's interesting. I think he wants to keep it single player for now. Even if he can change it, he wants to finish doing what he wants in his world first before letting people in, cause they would destroy it. Making a Realms world, would be an option, but I don't think he wants to spend the time and money on that. He would need people to be there to be admins and they might no always be there and likely turn in to a toxic place and get hacked and be an overall mess.

If there is a lot of support for a Realms, he might consider it, but I think it would come down to if he has time to get it all set up and if he will have enough support to keep it open and interest wouldn't just die down and hardly anyone uses it.

He tried a server once and it was a disaster. Also, people lost interest.

If someone wants to make a fan server, it would be up to them.

@MrPapaveraceae

Or maybe you can make him a guide to build something that's also cool, like a Japanese castle, several floors, traditional. Or maybe a Gothic or Renaissance cathedral, would be fun!

Examples taken from Google images:

Gothic.jpg

Japanese.jpg

On 1/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, MoraMoria said:

@MrPapaveraceae

Or maybe you can make him a guide to build something that's also cool, like a Japanese castle, several floors, traditional. Or maybe a Gothic or Renaissance cathedral, would be fun!

Gothic.jpg

Japanese.jpg

Please DONT. Stuff like this will take MONTHS and he will get even more backlogged on requests. If you're going to make something let it be small and simple like pic below

2a09df9450c1c9d74da761eabec9b611--minecraft-plans-minecraft-mods.jpg

44 minutes ago, Dragonea said:

Please DONT. Stuff like this will take MONTHS and he will get even more backlogged on requests.

He could just downsize it.

The bird could be made smaller by placing only every 2nd block, for example.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, babymngaming456 said:

@MrPapaveraceae Can you make Phil a guide for an XP farm so he can chill? You can make it into a shrine too.

what makes you think he would look at a guide?

Dude doesn't even take time to come on this forum.

How long are the "logs" on requests as of now, anyway? I've never played Minecraft, but the appeal that game would have for me is the fact that I can construct freely & make it big. There's no point in doing simple, small, easy to do things.

If it was for me I'd try to make the bathhouse of "Spirited Away" for example, and the rest of the town while I'm at it. And despite the fact that I've never tried it, I'd experiment with it & design it myself or add a personal touch, that's the fun in this.

Example from Google images:

Bathhouse.jpg

I don't care for the building aspects of minecraft at all. The game was always about exploration and the modding community puts out tons of maps over the years.

The popular ones being Vechs super hostile maps, he apparently did one just recently called Iceolation where you have to avoid freezing to death.

https://superhostile.fandom.com/wiki/Vechs

https://www.superhostile.net/maps/

THIS is fun, not building some dumb castles.

Edited by KGhaleon

On 1/8/2020 at 6:36 AM, MoraMoria said:

@MrPapaveraceae

Gothic.jpg

Japanese.jpg

On 1/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, babymngaming456 said:

@MrPapaveraceae Can you make Phil a guide for an XP farm so he can chill? You can make it into a shrine too.

XP is not a big deal right now.

When the Librarian Farm is done, it will act as an XP farm as well. He also has Spider Mob Spawner under his home. That would make an easy mob/xp farm.

Building a mob and an XP farm is something I want to do eventually.

I would also love to have him try something like a cathedral. A bit unrealistic now. But I would like him to try something with a bit detail to it. I would have to start smaller first.

In response to anyone saying the builds were too large and boring. I was kind of testing the waters. At the very beginning, I was a little hopeful, but I'm seeing I need to scale things back.

I've had some disappointments when suggestions were turned down, put aside, or even glossed over.

In some ways I understand why. I been trying to adapt to fit what he has time for, but still have places I would like to take the builds, using more advanced techniques. Call it stubbornness, naivety, or even stupidity. (e.g. The bird statue; that one did get a little away from me.)

What I do to help can be it bit frustrating and thinking about letting someone else give it shot and see what happens, but the investment I put in doesn't really bother me, partly cause I see it as a challenge. It's also teaching me more about the game, just by doing things for him.

I actually know squat about Bedrock and only play in Java, so in places where I screw up in a recipe, or some mechanic in the game. That's why.

The pace might be painfully slow and I might have to repeat things, but sometimes I like to just watch too. It helps that I like the game too.

I'm also not trying to get in the way of the streams and just do my thing, I'm going off suggestions and trying to help out.

I've seen complaints of people saying that I shouldn't help so much and just let him figure it out. Also getting annoyed by my 50 bit essays, then there is some that hate that I support him at all, which was made pretty apparent back in December. It's not my intention to annoy anyone.

Admittedly I have assumed to be the person to help out, cause I want to keep the series going and is one of my favorites that he has right now. Just worried that he'd give up and stop playing and if there was something I could do, I wanted to try to encourage him to keep playing and find something interesting to do.

First it was just showing him some basics, but it kind of veered off in to random builds, I guess cause people were getting bored.

Anyhow, it is what it is. Initially I wanted to show him just about everything about the game, but now I just feel I'm along for the ride and see where it goes.

Edited by MrPapaveraceae