The King of Hate Forums

Tips & Help Thread: Minecraft

God_Revan

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Since these things probably won't be used anyway, I would suggest to focus more on the art of the builds than on the functionality.

He can do it from other cultures as well, like a Japanese-style building. The barn can be as big as you want, but he can include the distinctive curved roofs and other elements.

Japanese.thumb.png.201b63c763b706db571ebf7cefcfe890.png

https://manabi-japan.jp/en/art-design/20200401_20235/

Apart from Japanese architecture, I also like western. More specifically, the type you can see displayed in some cathedrals. But I like several elements that I think they'd look very good.

Like maybe introducing the arc-boutants, (flying buttress), that if done big & thin enough, it could be great if watched from a distance:

Arc-boutant1.thumb.png.43e04b91c7c730060d99df8c1c713f7c.png

Arc-boutant2.thumb.jpg.253575284d24bc30631dc344e5314a04.jpg

Cathedral0.thumb.jpg.2cbdc39b96e4e3b762f3a027295533dc.jpg

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Why not? His playthrough is great. He built a lot of cool things (all by himself). He's someone Phil should look up to concerning Minecraft playthroughs. People claim that Minecraft was dying and that PDP saved it. His playthroughs inspired a lot of people.

Phil is building everything Papavera tells him, with zero thought. I don't see an issue building some cool things PDP did. As a token of appreciation to a great Minecraft let's player.

Yeah, so now Phil could do the same and build his own cool things, (I know what you're going to say). If he's willing to put the effort, if not, at least make something different. I really don't see an "issue" with it either, but if I want to see PDP's world, I'd watch PDP, not a copy of it. He doesn't even have "time/proper planning" to finish the tips-requests in the first place.

That's just my opinion though, it's fine if you want that.

I was (somewhat) listening to Phil's Minecraft stream while doing other things, and he's still doing inventory stuff. He did inform in beforehand that it would be like this, but... that's too much chill, I'm freezing to death. It's one of the games I currently watch from him, but all this filler is too much.

At this rate I might as well just watch Premieres, and The Ghost Of Tsushima when it releases, (not interested in the slightest in Fire Emblem, Sleeping Dogs, Animal Crossing...). Sigh...

Edited by MoraMoria

Why does Phil sometimes go all the way to the bedroom, when he already has a bed in his inventory?

And why did he put the bedroom, (or any room that he uses more than others), at the top, so that he unnecessarily wastes time each time he climbs up & down?

The answer can't always be: "because it's supposed to be bad", or else why even bother with this?

11 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

@MoraMoria Are you implying that this is how you don't play Minecraft? :mellow:

For me, such inefficient way to stream Minecraft makes it worse, specially when there's a ton of filler, (slowly reorganizing inventory; waiting & looking at chat for answers, then just do whatever he wants, and so on; (but the worst is the pacing, fishing, and not accepting "big/elaborate" projects for top-tippers.)). If he likes playing in such a way, it's on him; if the viewers like to watch that type of playthrough, then that's fine as well.

"This Is How You Don't Stream Minecraft, (for MoraMoria)" is a proper title for the latest videos. I'll still tune in, and see if he's doing something interesting.

Edited by MoraMoria

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2021 at 5:59 AM, musicboy said:

Maybe he might return to it again one day.

The only reason why I would enjoy Minecraft now, (on Phil's streams), would be by having a higher degree of interaction, even with people who don't tip/subscribe, and if @MrPapaveraceae was back.

Also, if things were done/constructed at a faster pace, not rushing, but in an efficient manner. I cannot watch someone taking an entire month to build a mildly elaborate construction when the blueprint is already made.

It's Minecraft, you don't need to curate & dry the concrete, just get to it.

Edited by MoraMoria

12 hours ago, musicboy said:

Yeah I agree.

Also, whatever happened to MrPapaveraceae? I know he would always show up at Dsp's Minecraft streams.

I think he bailed out once Phil decided to drop his Minecraft streams. I don't exactly remember the reason why this game was discontinued.

There were some projects waiting to be done, if I'm not misremembering.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:10 PM, MoraMoria said:

I think he bailed out once Phil decided to drop his Minecraft streams. I don't exactly remember the reason why this game was discontinued.

There were some projects waiting to be done, if I'm not misremembering.

Awwwww man.:dry:

Thanks for the info though.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:44 AM, KGhaleon said:

I still have the old TKOH Minecraft server map, just no interest in setting a new server up.

Wow! Interesting.