Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
God_Revan

Tips & Help Thread: Minecraft

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

I kinda like the gray. It's like some kind of temple shrine with a statue.

Yeah, I just said it because he'll be unrecognizable if it's just grey, (the face), and because I believe someone else asked for a greek building/shrine, not sure, so it'll be made of stone as well. So maybe the variety in Phil's world will be compromised.

But either way, that's fine, it was just an observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows if there are any unfulfilled top contributor requests?

It won't be built because

but I can just do it for fun

 

14 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Will it have colours, so that is not completely grey?

I tried different materials and colors, but only cobblestone gives me that chill brutalism vibe I had for most of 1968.

Though I would suggest to make the base and stand out of stone bricks. Even better if the stand is obsidian.

 

Had some fun with it:

v1.thumb.jpg.16c52bc5768c9cb6133d59d6ce90fca4.jpg

Edited by babymngaming456
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Yeah, I just said it because he'll be unrecognizable if it's just grey, (the face), and because I believe someone else asked for a greek building/shrine, not sure, so it'll be made of stone as well. So maybe the variety in Phil's world will be compromised.

But either way, that's fine, it was just an observation.

My first thought of Greek is Quartz and Quartz requires the Nether, but makes pretty blocks. Quartz Pillar is one of my favorite blocks and would be easy to make something that resembles some kind of Greek structure with even a small build using Quartz, but convincing Phil to go the Nether is like pulling teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPapaveraceae said:

My first thought of Greek is Quartz and Quartz requires the Nether, but makes pretty blocks. Quartz Pillar is one of my favorite blocks and would be easy to make something that resembles some kind of Greek structure with even a small build using Quartz, but convincing Phil to go the Nether is like pulling teeth.

Babyman also did a model for the Greek building:

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Greek architecture for Minecraft's top contributor

m1.thumb.jpg.3c20370097ecc80464ad9ce176337dc3.jpgm2.thumb.jpg.d03faedfcfaf3a18f1dc0d957560b145.jpg

special vest update

v2.thumb.jpg.406a3f6dd839cc84c4f92550a07413c1.jpg

Monument for the last bottle crush. (that no one will miss)

b1.thumb.jpg.0ccb7b6f40921ca39bcc959856aef3fb.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Babyman also did a model for the Greek building:

 

Nice. That was the classic Greek architecture style I was thinking about. I wouldn't do anything more complicated than that. That's about as small as you can make it and still be instantly recognizable.

Looks like a 15x19x19 building. Maybe like 500 blocks. I know where a desert is so getting the sandstone wouldn't be a problem.

I like the bottle monument. That's pretty good.

I think all those buildings should be saved for later and I think those kinds of builds are more Phil's speed.

Edited by MrPapaveraceae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are really good and I did think about doing a pixel art for the Yoshi Egg. It would have been easier by miles and he probably would have been done, but I could only see soon after everyone would want pixel art of stuff, which is why I was leery about it. Still sucks about the lime dye getting messed up, but the green still looks okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

Those are really good and I did think about doing a pixel art for the Yoshi Egg. It would have been easier by miles and he probably would have been done, but I could only see soon after everyone would want pixel art of stuff, which is why I was leery about it. Still sucks about the lime dye getting messed up, but the green still looks okay.

I'm not a big fan of pixel-art for buildings/objects in a game like Minecraft, (I like pixel-art drawings, but has nothing to do with this), so if it was for me, I'd ask the person if that's what they want, because the results are completely different things.

[Next image taken from Google: How Yoshi's Egg could potentially look, as opposed to the other one.]

Also, if you're starting to do pixel-art objects, it seems like you're taking out a dimension out of the creative process, and can be easily done by looking models on the Internet, (Like opening a videogame-character sprite on the Internet, and that would be it, he'll just need to obtain the dye for the colouring). Not sure if I like that idea, but that's just my opinion.

Egg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm not a big fan of pixel-art for buildings/objects in a game like Minecraft, (I like pixel-art drawings, but has nothing to do with this), so if it was for me, I'd ask the person if that's what they want, because the results are completely different things.

[Next image taken from Google: How Yoshi's Egg could potentially look, as opposed to the other one.]

Also, if you're starting to do pixel-art objects, it seems like you're taking out a dimension out of the creative process, and can be easily done by looking models on the Internet, (Like opening a videogame-character sprite on the Internet, and that would be it, he'll just need to obtain the dye for the colouring). Not sure if I like that idea, but that's just my opinion.

Egg.jpg

Omg, that's massive. But I bet that would look awesome. That's about the size that I made the Exeggcute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 5:36 AM, babymngaming456 said:

I would build it like this to make it rounder.

e1.jpg

I hear you. I've messed around with corners. I modeled it as a solid color at first, I found when corners poke out too much, it kinda makes a weird shapes when moving around it and pokes out in weird places and looks more jagged than smooth. I do like making the ellipses as round as I could, but for this model it didn't work. It's also cause it's so small, it's harder to keep a consistent profile. It would have been easier if I made it bigger, but if I did, then I think Phil would have complained about it.

Also I feel like I did screw up on the presentation on the guide of the egg when I thought it was correct. I have to rebuild it following my guide. The patters for the spots got totally messed up. I don't know what happened, but when Phil built it and was finished, the patterns did not look as good as my original.

To add to that last part, I did rebuild it and I found what happened. The patterns on the guide is fine, I should have clarified which side of the egg should be the front. As I was making it, I accidentally made some patterns backwards and I think Phil did the same, cause there's some places that look messed up.

Edited by MrPapaveraceae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last stream Phil said that he wanted some action, but then proceeded to collect sandstone for a great amount of time, and I guess that's fine because he'd have to do it at some point, but it mildly let me down. He should try to be more efficient, or be helped at it, because otherwise Minecraft/a project will drag on forever.

I also remember Mr.Papavera trying to do this, to help Phil and make the streams less heavy, let's say, but there was a point where Phil did not understand what Mr.Papavera was saying, and there were also times when he would do shoutouts, talk for some time, then ask what he should do next, taking even more time. That is extremely inefficient, and "chill" should not equate to "comatose", I feel like if @MrPapaveraceae is the official guide for this game, you should have a better way of communicating, maybe ask Phil to open his DMs for you, or have a separate chat/chatroom for Minecraft tips/hints, and other people that know the game could join as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I feel like if @MrPapaveraceae is the official guide for this game, you should have a better way of communicating

People said to make the world multiplayer and let Papavera do everything. Like he does with Animal Crossing.

10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

more efficient

It's about interactions and if people want to see the vest.

 

It's a game about doing nothing. Unless you roleplay like PDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Phil has to do stuff like count if the strips are exactly 25 blocks, I was wondering if this wouldn't be a faster system for him. Mine 1 block until you can then move on. Always mining 1x2 blocks seems unnecessary. When he started Minecraft he was digging 2x2 blocks for no reason.

m4.thumb.jpg.b5434d02128e13e6f2a4a73d71cf7ff7.jpg

m1.thumb.jpg.5c25b848af8bb522bed11c9dfdcf8d01.jpgm2.thumb.jpg.b6ed749fd7194d9b4eeb54d540b9d073.jpgm3.thumb.jpg.fc54a312a4caf9e7b1d6d7754df9072b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Since Phil has to do stuff like count if the strips are exactly 25 blocks, I was wondering if this wouldn't be a faster system for him.

You can just look at the coordinates where you're standing, then add or substract the number of steps you want to go.

So if you're in X=50 and want to go 10 steps, you mine until you're in X=60, or X=40 if you're going the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 10:39 AM, babymngaming456 said:

So is it possible to make the world multiplayer just like people said?

I have not looked into it, but it shouldn't be rocket science, specially when Phil has been playing for some time, and once had an official server. Also, while having someone like Mr.Papavera that knows about the game and probably about the versions, compatibility & settings of it, and would be willing to collaborate for multiplayer, and is a regular on every stream, while sending tips/hints via cheering that have a low probability of not being read. Also, all of the guides he sends him, along with the Tweets... yes, the information on how to do multiplayer should be more than accessible.

But it doesn't matter, he has to take action and try it, (even if it's with the help of others). So the answer to your question is probably "yes", but the conclusion of everything in here is if someone is willing to communicate this to Phil & make him do it, otherwise I'm not sure why you're bothering, at least in what relates to Multiplayer sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...