The King of Hate Forums
God_Revan

Tips & Help Thread: Minecraft

On 4/6/2020 at 7:04 AM, babymngaming456 said:

Since Phil has to do stuff like count if the strips are exactly 25 blocks, I was wondering if this wouldn't be a faster system for him. Mine 1 block until you can then move on. Always mining 1x2 blocks seems unnecessary. When he started Minecraft he was digging 2x2 blocks for no reason.

m4.thumb.jpg.b5434d02128e13e6f2a4a73d71cf7ff7.jpg

m1.thumb.jpg.5c25b848af8bb522bed11c9dfdcf8d01.jpgm2.thumb.jpg.b6ed749fd7194d9b4eeb54d540b9d073.jpgm3.thumb.jpg.fc54a312a4caf9e7b1d6d7754df9072b.jpg

Yeah. I've tried that and I prefer the 1x2 tunnels branch mining. If you space them 3 blocks apart you're still exposing the most surface area with mining the least amount of rock. It's all preference. Phil can totally try this method too and if he likes it better, he can stick with it.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:39 AM, babymngaming456 said:

So is it possible to make the world multiplayer just like people said?

mp.thumb.jpg.9f924b751ed4c4214b0835d3062a9028.jpg

https://venturebeat.com/2016/06/13/minecraft-gets-xbox-live-console-pc-and-mobile-can-play-together/

Yes, it is possible.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:41 AM, MrPapaveraceae said:

Yes, it is possible.

So, why are you not playing Multiplayer with Phil? It'll be super fun!

FunFun.jpeg

On 5/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, MoraMoria said:

So, why are you not playing Multiplayer with Phil? It'll be super fun!

FunFun.jpeg

Cause he doesn't want to. I don't think he's interested. Not yet anyways. I think after he's done with the world he's playing in he might do multiplayer. I've also never tried multiplayer on Bedrock. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work, but I haven't tried joining someone's Xbox world on PC. Oh... I just remembered. Just bought an Xbox One X, should be here in a few days. Yay me. I may, or may not buy Minecraft again just for Xbox.

Why doesn't Phil switch to creative mode when he complains about gathering resources for builds?

Survival mode isn't about building big art structures.

Edited by babymngaming456

@MrPapaveraceae

Oh no, you did coop with Phil, but you left & went to do your own things.

Rain.gif.5fb6aca05953dd66dbe893d4f22373ab.gif

Next time you could do things together because it would be more fun, or maybe take on the dragon, (I'm not an expert on the game, so I don't know if you can). Just as long as you're on screen or near Phil, it should add a lot to the streams.

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Next time you could do things together because it would be more fun, or maybe take on the dragon

He could probably finish all the builds and beat the dragon in one stream.

39 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

He could probably finish all the builds and beat the dragon in one stream.

No.... no he wouldn't....

Shh.thumb.jpg.801e63191959157ab2e1890eb8530c04.jpg

But as a serious note, it would be way more fun, and keep the top-tippers requests rolling.

Legendary Minecraft streams.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, MoraMoria said:

@MrPapaveraceae

Oh no, you did coop with Phil, but you left & went to do your own things.

Rain.gif.5fb6aca05953dd66dbe893d4f22373ab.gif

Next time you could do things together because it would be more fun, or maybe take on the dragon, (I'm not an expert on the game, so I don't know if you can). Just as long as you're on screen or near Phil, it should add a lot to the streams.

Well, when I join Phil. My goal is to not get in the way and not distract him, or be obnoxious. I still want him to work on projects.

I wouldn't want to pass on the impression that he can just have me build for him and take away something he could learn. I will help with some instances where a build is large and there is some kind of repetitive block placements. That could cut the building time in half and move on to something else more interesting. I would also likely stop if he stops and gets distracted and continue when he does so we're both doing equal work. 

I would prefer for him to build the more complicated parts of the build and I would just listen in the background if he runs in to trouble, but I would give him time to try to figure it out and I have seen that happening when I give him the opportunity.

There might be moments I will add something in the world with out him knowing and maybe something I feel he could use.

I might also build my own projects and add examples for him to look at and give him the opportunity to build it himself.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:33 PM, MoraMoria said:

No.... no he wouldn't....

Shh.thumb.jpg.801e63191959157ab2e1890eb8530c04.jpg

But as a serious note, it would be way more fun, and keep the top-tippers requests rolling.

Legendary Minecraft streams.

I could defeat the dragon, but I would have to ask Phil how he would feel about that. I think he would prefer to be the first to be there and I don't plan on progressing to new areas, past where Phil has been. I don't think that would be fair and would take away some of the surprise.

Unless he doesn't really care, I wouldn't see it being much of a problem. I could simply respawn the dragon for Phil when he's ready. I use for that is I could show Phil ahead of time of what is in store in the other dimensions and the useful items you can get.

After defeating the dragon, the game is far from over. There would be a lot to learn still beyond survival.

6 minutes ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

something he could learn

You still holding onto this? C'mon. The moment you stop making guides Minecraft is probably going to be dropped.

Just build what you want. Don't hold onto an unrealistic fantasy.

4 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

Well, when I join Phil. My goal is to not get in the way and not distract him, or be obnoxious.

Oh, no way, and I'm sure everyone in chat will love to have you on screen or near Phil. There's not a chance it'll be obnoxious at all.

4 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

I wouldn't want to pass on the impression that he can just have me build for him and take away something he could learn. I will help with some instances where a build is large and there is some kind of repetitive block placements. That could cut the building time in half and move on to something else more interesting. I would also likely stop if he stops and gets distracted and continue when he does so we're both doing equal work.

You could be like the Construction-inspector, and maybe even improve something if you feel like it has potential for it, or even add more complex things to it. But not like as an obligation, only if you want to. At least when he's exploring, you could go along with him on a new adventure!

Like in my opinion, if Phil wanted to learn more about the game, he could very easily do it, there's tons of guides and tutorials... but the important thing for him is to "chill" with the game & chat, it's not a proactive learning experience, (a thing that is different from him assimilating some information).

He said he doesn't want "big projects" for the top-tipper's request, but that's how you learn while having fun, by willingly experimenting and trying new things, specially if they are more elaborate than what one normally would do. That's how you know if someone has any sort of interest in games like these.

Phil is now building a villager spawned.

He's clearing out a giant piece of ground for no reason. It's like the turtle egg again.

Something that should take an hour to build will take months. Just like the xp grinder that's not even finished yet.

I wonder what crazy build this is going to be.

edit:

It looks really brutal. I like it. I'm just watching for the madness.

Next thing it needs a rail system to deliver the villagers to the prison.

Since these things probably won't be used much anyway, I would suggest to focus more on the art of the builds than on the functionality. Kinda how you Papavera explained in detail how to use the recipe book, but it was completely ignored.

You are building a farm. You can make it ugly but super efficient. Or you can make it look nice instead, like an actual farm.

I see a wood, cobblestone and colored wool farm is useful for art builds.

c503d10178dc6c224b8223417619dfae.jpg.81bc64e7b0d990f3894a7e001adf549f.jpg

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Since these things probably won't be used anyway, I would suggest to focus more on the art of the builds than on the functionality.

He can do it from other cultures as well, like a Japanese-style building. The barn can be as big as you want, but he can include the distinctive curved roofs and other elements.

Japanese.thumb.png.201b63c763b706db571ebf7cefcfe890.png

https://manabi-japan.jp/en/art-design/20200401_20235/

Apart from Japanese architecture, I also like western. More specifically, the type you can see displayed in some cathedrals. But I like several elements that I think they'd look very good.

Like maybe introducing the arc-boutants, (flying buttress), that if done big & thin enough, it could be great if watched from a distance:

Arc-boutant1.thumb.png.43e04b91c7c730060d99df8c1c713f7c.png

Arc-boutant2.thumb.jpg.253575284d24bc30631dc344e5314a04.jpg

Cathedral0.thumb.jpg.2cbdc39b96e4e3b762f3a027295533dc.jpg