The King of Hate Forums

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

fVqnIAr.gif

A note by Neil Druckmann

Since we showed you our first gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, more of the game and story have come together, and it’s become clear to us that this game is much more ambitious than we originally envisioned.

After spending so many years with Nathan Drake, he means a lot to the team, and telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don’t take lightly – this game deserves every bit of the attention to detail, precise pacing, and nuanced storytelling Naughty Dog is known for.

So we’ve made the difficult choice of pushing the game’s release date. Giving us a few extra months will make certain that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End not only meets the team’s high standards but the high standards that gamers have come to expect from a Naughty Dog title.

Thank you for your patience – we know the extra wait will be excruciating, but you’ll see it will be worth it as we reveal more about Uncharted 4 over the next year. The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves. Come Spring 2016, you and Nate are in for one thrilling, emotional ride.

Source (PS Blog)

You know what this sounds like? Uncharted Trilogy Remaster coming this Holiday. Which would calm me down if it does get announced at E3.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, first rumors about Quantum Break being pushed to 2016 now this.

Wonder what other big hits will be seeing this treatment. I'm guessing both Sony and Microsoft want the games they have high hopes for to be perfect upon release compared to the fustercluck that happened in 2014 with games having bad launches.

I doubt it would fall on its face like The Order did. I think a delay is always better than shipping a broken game that needs a lot of patches. So, I have faith Naughty Dog if making the right call for this. Although, I really was hoping to play it this fall.

Well guess I'm not getting a ps4 till 2016 then lol. Hopefully Zelda Wii U comes out this year but I have a feeling it's going to be delayed as well to 2016.

​I honestly think that they will delay it at this point. I mean, we don't even have any gameplay of Star Fox Wii U and that is supposed to come out before Zelda Wii U.

Hopefully, this'll be enough time for Naughty Dog to fine-tune the game and get it running at its best when it's time for it to be released next year. I remember reading articles about them having trouble getting the game to run at 1080p/60fps. I mean, if Naughty Dog of all developers can't bring out the PS4's full potential, who else can, y'know what I mean?

In any case, I don't mind the wait. Best to put it in the back of my mind for now and be pleasantly surprised next year.

Initial thoughts: this blows especially with all the next-gen disappointments lately.

After thinking it through: this GREAT especially with all the next-gen disappointments lately.

Take as long as you need, knock our damn socks off and leave us feeling like buying these new consoles was worth it. The first three games were great so I see no reason to question this one.

• Upvote 2

​I honestly think that they will delay it at this point. I mean, we don't even have any gameplay of Star Fox Wii U and that is supposed to come out before Zelda Wii U.

​Well you never know they might surprise us at E3 this year with both Zelda and Star Fox. Supposedly Star Fox Wii U is rumored to be episodic so maybe it will released a lot sooner than we expected. 

I think there going to put out Uncharted trilogy remastered in around nov just in time and then uncharted 4 in 2016.

Look at how many people bought last of us remastered again even thought they talk shit about tomb raider being put on ps4. 

• 9 months later...
Just now, Darksphere92 said:

well idk, people who are big Uncharted fans will get uncharted 4 first.

I feel like March was perfect launch of it it, no other games and it would have done so well. Now you have april filled with all games and Jan, Feb, March with nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Uncharted 4 has a bigger hype train going for it over DS3. People have been waiting for U4 for nearly 5 years since U3. Now don't get me wrong, DS3 has its fan base and it'll sell, but with the release of DS2, BB and now DS3 all within 3 years. Things are getting a bit too milky for the Soul franchise. Both hey we can always buy both like I will :P

11 minutes ago, BrickArts295 said:

I feel like Uncharted 4 has a bigger hype train going for it over DS3. People have been waiting for U4 for nearly 5 years since U3. Now don't get me wrong, DS3 has its fan base and it'll sell, but with the release of DS2, BB and now DS3 all within 3 years. Things are getting a bit too milky for the Soul franchise. Both hey we can always buy both like I will :P

Three years later and its milking a franchise? Three years seems about average for most series not annualized.