The King of Hate Forums
cooper

Bloodborne Official Thread // PRAISE THE GUN!

I heard there are 3 endings. Nobody has to spoil them, just want to know if anybody has seen them all.

While I haven't seen it, the theories I have heard about the 'True Ending' are mindblowing and have massive implications for the series as a whole.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the parameters for getting each ending are?

is Bloodborne easier then the souls games?​

I wouldn't say easier. It's just very different. For instance, I'm having a slightly easier time with it as the combat system is completely different from Souls - I much prefer the quicker pace and brutality of the fighting here compared to Souls' slow, shield-centric combat. But then I have seen others who are really struggling to adapt to the change. So I think you could say it's pretty equal in terms of difficulty.

• Upvote 1

While I haven't seen it, the theories I have heard about the 'True Ending' are mindblowing and have massive implications for the series as a whole.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the parameters for getting each ending are?

I wouldn't say easier. It's just very different. For instance, I'm having a slightly easier time with it as the combat system is completely different from Souls - I much prefer the quicker pace and brutality of the fighting here compared to Souls' slow, shield-centric combat. But then I have seen others who are really struggling to adapt to the change. So I think you could say it's pretty equal in terms of difficulty.

​wish they could have done a last gen version, guess i'll wait until Dark Souls 2 is cheap.

I want this game's babies. Best game of the current gen so far by a country mile.

A question, regarding progression following the second boss:

I saved up blood echoes and bought the mark that allows you access further into the Cathedral Ward, up the stairs past the first giant. However I've also opened the way to Old Yarnham.

What is the correct/recommended way to go? Old Yarnham or Cathedral Ward?

EDIT: Asked on Reddit. Most people recommend Old Yarnham.

Beckoning bell seems glitched no one ever helps me and i waste insight. 

Looks like i gotta grind this shit since i keep dieing to the boss. 

Just posting to say this game is still the most glorious thing to grace current-gen consoles so far. Currently stuck on Shadows of Yarnham. Managed to track down a bolt-infused cudgel from the Gaol when I decided to go exploring elsewhere that seems to deal some major damage so it may be time to give them another shot.

Speaking of which...

MRW when I finally defeat a boss that kept pounding me into the dirt:

• Upvote 1

I enjoy it, but some things just leave me preferring Dark Souls 2.  I prefer the high fantasy setting, I kinda like chucking flashy magic spells, and the move away from Estus that refills at checkpoints (bonfires/lamps) results in much grinding.  Add grinding for blood vials + load times in between attempts at a tough boss, and it can get really aggravating.  Not a fan of the changes to online play either.  Sometimes the wait for jolly cooperation is just absurd.  Just let us through down summon signs.  It always worked just fine, it wasn't broken and didn't need fixing.

Still, even if I think it's one of the lesser Souls games, (and take that with a grain of salt if you are a hardcore fan, I did after all think DS2 was one of the best games ever made and the best in the series still) thats not a put down since it still makes it better than 99% of the video games released on a yearly basis.

^I'm completely the opposite. I thought DkS2 was a step down from the first two games and the worst in the series. Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent game, but just misses some of the magic of the other games in the series due to a somewhat bland world and enemy design (seriously, nigh-on every boss was a knight with a giant weapon) and an overabundance of bonfires rather than using clever level design to create shortcuts to and from fewer bonfires. I'll agree with you that the online was better though, but to be honest I rarely use co-op or PVP in these games anyway.

I'm about 30 hours in and I honestly would place Bloodborne as my favourite in the series. I prefer the faster paced, but still methodical, combat and the world design is absolutely stellar - both in art direction and layout. The story is also more engaging than any of the other games too, IMO.

Anyway, allow me to entertain you with what is possibly the quickest death ever in any Souls game. This is not one of my proudest moments [spoilers for Nightmare Frontier boss]:

• Upvote 1

^I'm completely the opposite. I thought DkS2 was a step down from the first two games and the worst in the series. Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent game, but just misses some of the magic of the other games in the series due to a somewhat bland world and enemy design (seriously, nigh-on every boss was a knight with a giant weapon) and an overabundance of bonfires rather than using clever level design to create shortcuts to and from fewer bonfires. I'll agree with you that the online was better though, but to be honest I rarely use co-op or PVP in these games anyway.

I'm about 30 hours in and I honestly would place Bloodborne as my favourite in the series. I prefer the faster paced, but still methodical, combat and the world design is absolutely stellar - both in art direction and layout. The story is also more engaging than any of the other games too, IMO.

Anyway, allow me to entertain you with what is possibly the quickest death ever in any Souls game. This is not one of my proudest moments [spoilers for Nightmare Frontier boss]:

Hidden Content

​For me its Dark souls> Bloodborne> Demons souls> Dark souls 2

Anyone else feel like there's a huge difficulty spike after killing Rom? It certainly would make sense, given what happens with the story at that point. Enemies in the new areas just seem to have a ton more health and hit a lot harder from that point on. The Unseen Village with the bell-ringing women is anxiety inducing; that part with the complete barrage of crazy old ladies and the Lesser Amygdala firing its laser? Good god.

Tackling the Upper Cathedral Ward now before I continue on in the Unseen Village. Not looking forward to the boss at the end there!

Anyone else feel like there's a huge difficulty spike after killing Rom? It certainly would make sense, given what happens with the story at that point. Enemies in the new areas just seem to have a ton more health and hit a lot harder from that point on. The Unseen Village with the bell-ringing women is anxiety inducing; that part with the complete barrage of crazy old ladies and the Lesser Amygdala firing its laser? Good god.

Tackling the Upper Cathedral Ward now before I continue on in the Unseen Village. Not looking forward to the boss at the end there!

​You sure you dont have more than 15 insight? Apparently if you have more than 15 the difficulty of the game takes a huge spike. I can really tell for sure if its after Rom though since I'm still stuck with Vicar Amelia (fucking bitch,literally).

​You sure you dont have more than 15 insight? Apparently if you have more than 15 the difficulty of the game takes a huge spike. I can really tell for sure if its after Rom though since I'm still stuck with Vicar Amelia (fucking bitch,literally).

I've had over 15 insight since Vicar Amelia so it isn't that :P

Well, my brother got Bloodborne and later this month, my brother, his girlfriend, and I are planning to do a Drunkborne session at his place which should be fun.  Also, it's pretty obvious that once I get around to posting the 2015 TKOH Forum Power Rankings, Bloodborne will end up being ranked at #1. 

I finally beat the game today. Got the 'true' ending.

The Moon Presence was a pretty tame final boss. Managed to take it down on my first real try (I let it kill me when it first appeared as I had next to no blood vials from the Gehrman boss fight so wanted to refresh). The fight with Gehrman was fantastic though. The build-up in the cutscene, the setting and the music were just perfect. It really felt like a showdown between student and master. He was a pain in the ass too - really challenging fight for me, though I know some breezed through him.

And that ending was pretty crazy. So we kill Gehrman, who going by the descriptions of the One Third of Umbilical Cords was the surrogate for the Moon Presence (who I am assuming is either the leader or some kind of high-ranking Great One), and then were going to be made the Moon Presence's new surrogate child (and become the new hunter caretaker as seen in another ending) but instead are rejected as we consumed the umbilical cords. Then upon slaying it we are turned into a Great One larvae. I wonder what happens to us after that... I'm sure the Souls series lore masters will have theories galore for us once the game has been fully dissected and the strategy guide is out.

So 45 hours down, I finished it, and it continues to be my favourite Souls game. The combat and the setting, story and lore just set it a country mile ahead of the others for me. I hope we get some DLC down the line, or maybe even a sequel; I would love to explore this world more.

Now onto NG+! I haven't even touched the chalice dungeons yet so I look forward to exploring those.

I want to, but much like Phil I'm stuck in NG+ and just barely killed Father and Cleric a few weeks ago. I really dont feel like playing all over to get to the one point in the game to play the DLC. On top of all that, I'm balls deep into Fallout 4 and Battlefront is out. I don't think I'll be able to go back to BB until Jan, so maybe then Ill be able to play the DLC.

10 hours ago, BrickArts295 said:

I want to, but much like Phil I'm stuck in NG+ and just barely killed Father and Cleric a few weeks ago. I really dont feel like playing all over to get to the one point in the game to play the DLC. On top of all that, I'm balls deep into Fallout 4 and Battlefront is out. I don't think I'll be able to go back to BB until Jan, so maybe then Ill be able to play the DLC.

You don't need to play through the hole game plus the game is much easier a second time around on a new game. A souls game is only hard your first time. I'll be replaying it half way this week. 

I'll be skipping Battlefront for bloodborne. So far it's getting really poor reviews 70 or below average, does not seem like it has the longevity of battlefield. The graphics and world look cool but it remind's me alot of titan fall people will play it a week then stop. I think it will end up no difference people will quickly move on once seeing how shallow it really is the one thing it has going for it is the IP. 

Edited by cooper

7 minutes ago, cooper said:

You don't need to play through the hole game plus the game is much easier a second time around on a new game. A souls game is only hard your first time. I'll be replaying it half way this week. 

I'll be skipping Battlefront for bloodborne. So far it's getting really poor reviews 70 or below average, does not seem like it has the longevity of battlefield. The graphics and world look cool but it remind's me alot of titan fall people will play it a week then stop. I think it will end up no difference people will quickly move on once seeing how shallow it really is the one thing it has going for it is the IP. 

Well see, I might give it a go this weekend and see how far I can get.

• Upvote 1