The King of Hate Forums
cooper

Bloodborne Official Thread // PRAISE THE GUN!

31 minutes ago, BrickArts295 said:

Well see, I might give it a go this weekend and see how far I can get.

I tried it on my xbox one using EA access just my opinion on it. I loved the graphics, level design and environments but it was not a 80$ game for me, not enough content for that price. (Im from Canada so ya 80$ for standard edition)

Edited by cooper

8 minutes ago, cooper said:

I tried it on my xbox one using EA access just my opinion on it. I loved the graphics, level design and environments but it was not a 80$ game for me, not enough content for that price. (Im from Canada so ya 80$ for standard edition)

that's not all youre paying for if you are on Xbox One, you are also paying for Gold.

7 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

that's not all youre paying for if you are on Xbox One, you are also paying for Gold.

You have to pay for PS plus on PS4 as well to play online. 

Edited by cooper

1 hour ago, cooper said:

I was actually talking about BB XD

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, BrickArts295 said:

I was actually talking about BB XD

Ok my bad :P I suggest just teaming up with people bosses are pretty easy with four people. 

Edited by cooper

14 hours ago, BrickArts295 said:

I want to, but much like Phil I'm stuck in NG+ and just barely killed Father and Cleric a few weeks ago. I really dont feel like playing all over to get to the one point in the game to play the DLC. On top of all that, I'm balls deep into Fallout 4 and Battlefront is out. I don't think I'll be able to go back to BB until Jan, so maybe then Ill be able to play the DLC.

Defeat Father Cascoigne

Defeat Vicar Amelia

Defeat Shadows of Ynarnam

Defeat Rom the Vacious Spider

(Presuming) You just need to beat those 4 and run through the levels of each which took me 2 hours. Granted I am level 160(4th playthrough, got the platinum full solo) but it's really not that bad, especially if you go co-op. 

47 minutes ago, Blindy said:

Defeat Father Cascoigne

Defeat Vicar Amelia

Defeat Shadows of Ynarnam

Defeat Rom the Vacious Spider

(Presuming) You just need to beat those 4 and run through the levels of each which took me 2 hours. Granted I am level 160(4th playthrough, got the platinum full solo) but it's really not that bad, especially if you go co-op. 

This you don't even need friends to do it with. Just ring the bell and you should get help. 

How to access dlc

Once you have purchased and downloaded The Old Hunters expansion, you’ll need to follow the below steps to access the new content.

Step 1

Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.

Step 2

Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.

Step 3

Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.

Step 4

Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. (get picked up by false god) This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.

Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream. (where you see the doll praying sometimes / location of Old Hunter Bone)

9 hours ago, cooper said:

How to access dlc

Damn son, you were right, went back to BB killed Vicar and opened pretty much all the places in like an hour XD

and now I'm super happy that reaching the DLC is that easy (someone should tell Phil since all he has to do is defeat Vicar)

Gonna have grind up a bit since I'm in NG+ and lord knows how that is going to affect the DLC if the recommended level is 75 for OG playthrough.

Just played an hour and holly crap.... What a change up form main game. Anything you found to abuse to normal game won't work here. You need to find a new playstyle. 

2 hours ago, cooper said:

Just played an hour and holly crap.... What a change up form main game. Anything you found to abuse to normal game won't work here. You need to find a new playstyle. 

The enemies are definitely entertaining so far, I went death-free up until my first encounter with the giant axe monster at the top of the cathedral steps. The hunters with the flaming hammers and the berserked hunter with the claws gave me quite a time. I think I'm nearly at the first boss after two hours.

I assume we can fight that fire boss in the cathedral at some point too, but attacking it did nothing.

12 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

The enemies are definitely entertaining so far, I went death-free up until my first encounter with the giant axe monster at the top of the cathedral steps. The hunters with the flaming hammers and the berserked hunter with the claws gave me quite a time. I think I'm nearly at the first boss after two hours.

I assume we can fight that fire boss in the cathedral at some point too, but attacking it did nothing.

You need to git gud m8.

OH LAWD that first boss. Level 103 on NG+ and everything was going smoothly until I wandered into that boss fight... Absolutely steamrolled me. Debating going back and running through Old Yarnham to level up a little.

Whirligig Saw is best new weapon so far. It's 2-handed heavy attack is insane. Think I'll be focusing on levelling that one up.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Static Veins said:

OH LAWD that first boss. Level 103 on NG+ and everything was going smoothly until I wandered into that boss fight... Absolutely steamrolled me. Debating going back and running through Old Yarnham to level up a little.

Whirligig Saw is best new weapon so far. It's 2-handed heavy attack is insane. Think I'll be focusing on levelling that one up.

He's really hard. Lvling will help you but remember once you get everything to lvl 50 its capped out and hardly improves anything lvling anymore.

Also how is the Whirligig Saw? Worth leveling it up or should i stick with what i have at 10+? 

Edited by cooper

Damn my hands are shaking, finally beat Ludwig on NG+++. That was intense.

Jealous of the people that had an easier time on lower difficulties...it felt like my attacks barely dented his health. He's not even the toughest of the new bosses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, salvador said:

On NG Phil would beat him too.NG+ is another story...

Problem is they automatically started you on NG+. So if phil did a new game it would have been alot of streams and gameplay B4 he got to the dlc. 

100% of people who bought it on psn profile were able to beat the first boss.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3431-Bloodborne/37-Ludwig-the-Holy-Blade

Edited by cooper

Starting a new game would be pointless, because the DLC is meant to be an end-game area. Also I doubt NG+ made any difference, it only makes enemies a bit tougher.

Just now, KGhaleon said:

Starting a new game would be pointless, because the DLC is meant to be an end-game area. Also I doubt NG+ made any difference, it only makes enemies a bit tougher.

Maybe IDK. All i know is i had no problem on NG with an npc and using the OP weapon at +9. 

To be fair, I do think grinding and raising his health would help considerably. He was still underleveled.

That's why he couldn't beat the chalice dungeons, because that fire dog would kill him in one hit since his VIT isn't high enough.

Damn, just reached a boss gauntlet. Just killed the Living failures but I've got both Maria and the fire boss next.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

To be fair, I do think grinding and raising his health would help considerably. He was still underleveled.

That's why he couldn't beat the chalice dungeons, because that fire dog would kill him in one hit since his VIT isn't high enough.

Damn, just reached a boss gauntlet. Just killed the Living failures but I've got both Maria and the fire boss next.

I wish he would play it but it's gonna be forever finished like every other game i liked watching. 

Wow, Maria went down on...my second try? I was thinking she would be as hard as Sir Alonne. Still need to beat the Fire cleric beast and get through the fishing hamlet...those gigantic fish monsters carrying around anchors for weapons are the worst thing ever.