The King of Hate Forums
KGhaleon

Scariest game you've played?

Amnesia was the king for the longest time for me, I just loved the idea that you're trapped in some spooky European castle with a deformed monster in the 1800s. If you look out a window you can just see dark forests all around you, further enforcing the idea that you're stuck in that dark place. However when Outlast came out it quickly replaced Amnesia since it had many of the same elements though I found it to be scarier almost immediately from start to finish. Amnesia only had a couple of monsters whereas Outlast kept it interesting by changing up the encounters often.

However pretty graphics and horrifying creatures in dark places are nothing compared to those free SCP games, specifically the neverending stairway and corridor. That first time you play them is extremely terrifying, in my case I had my lights off and headphones on and I was definitely unnerved. If you know what's coming or have seen them before then the scare doesn't work sadly, it's a one-time experience IMO.

White night is a Korean horror game that I also enjoyed, though the scares aren't anything amazing. The ghost that follows you around is a 2D image that clips through walls and makes creepy scratching noises when it's close-by. The janitor was also more annoying than scary, he stalks the school and classrooms so it's usually easier to hide from him. Also that giant baby...wtf

What are the scariest games you've played?

actually none, games don't really scare me, except for the stupid book falling in Silent Hill Downpour, which caught me off guard. speaking of horror games, this Halloween i will be playing, The Suffering 2, and Silent Hill 2.

The only game that truly scared me was the first Resident Evil that I played, number 3. Nemesis came back time after time again, sometimes out of the blue.
As a 10 year old it scared me shitless lol :tongue:

• Upvote 1

actually none, games don't really scare me, except for the stupid book falling in Silent Hill Downpour, which caught me off guard. speaking of horror games, this Halloween i will be playing, The Suffering 2, and Silent Hill 2.

​SH2 is the best one. Personally I don't consider jump scares to be the same as "being scary."

Eternal Darkness Sanitys Requiem. That game will seriously mess with your mind and has some genuine scares in it. Shame there hasn't been a sequel yet considering its one of the more underrated Nintendo IPs.

Eternal Darkness Sanitys Requiem. That game will seriously mess with your mind and has some genuine scares in it. Shame there hasn't been a sequel yet considering its one of the more underrated Nintendo IPs.

​I tried it once, but there is something with the controls of that game I can't get comfortable with, I know it's different than those of Resident Evil. For some reason the tank controls of RE didn't bother me as much as those of Eternal.

​I tried it once, but there is something with the controls of that game I can't get comfortable with, I know it's different than those of Resident Evil. For some reason the tank controls of RE didn't bother me as much as those of Eternal.

​Really? Its the opposite for me lol I enjoy eternal darkness control scheme more than RE's. Plus aiming and attacking enemies isn't as awkward.

​Really? Its the opposite for me lol I enjoy eternal darkness control scheme more than RE's. Plus aiming and attacking enemies isn't as awkward.

​The game runs smooth as butter on the gamecube, holy s***! No glitches or gamebugs (except those intentional, blue screen of death lol) that I've seen.

Just remembered another game that terrified me a few years ago, despite there only being maybe three jumpscares in the whole game.

Scratches, on steam. Chilling game.

I'd say most probably Cry Of Fear.  Of course, it has the cheap jump-scares (as would be expected, right?) but it also kinda makes you reevaluate your sanity after a few sessions. It's like instincts, but more terrifying.

I think for me it was always thing in non horror games, like the giant fish in Jak and Daxter or similar things like that. Actual scariest game was that slender game, I threw my headphones off and ran out of my room when the game took control of the camera.

The two games that made me poop myself were Friday the 13th on NES and Doom 3 on Xbox.  I was a kid when I played Friday the 13th, so seeing Jason jump out of nowhere was an easy scare that worked on me. Doom 3 was the last game that I remember freaking me it.  I got it on Xbox when it first came out; I had to wait for it to get mailed to me because I was overseas but still had an American XBox so I did my best not to look up anything on it.  Whew, that was a blast, I remember debating if I wanted a flash light or a firearm when I went to new areas.  That was a fun mechanic of the game.

Just now, PoopMagnet said:

The two games that made me poop myself were Friday the 13th on NES and Doom 3 on Xbox.  I was a kid when I played Friday the 13th, so seeing Jason jump out of nowhere was an easy scare that worked on me. Doom 3 was the last game that I remember freaking me it.  I got it on Xbox when it first came out; I had to wait for it to get mailed to me because I was overseas but still had an American XBox so I did my best not to look up anything on it.  Whew, that was a blast, I remember debating if I wanted a flash light or a firearm when I went to new areas.  That was a fun mechanic of the game.

Layers of Fear had me sweating buckets - and not just because it was warm that day lmao.

1 minute ago, TheGiftedSenpai said:

Layers of Fear had me sweating buckets - and not just because it was warm that day lmao.

That shit looks fucking sweet too, but now that the REVII demo dropped, I think I want to hold out till that comes out.  I love how it's got that V/H/S (great horror series) vibe going with it.  Though I'm waiting for Capcom to go "Gotcha bitch" and give us another action game.  Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the series over the years, but I'm stoked to see this new direction for the series.

2 hours ago, PoopMagnet said:

That shit looks fucking sweet too, but now that the REVII demo dropped, I think I want to hold out till that comes out.  I love how it's got that V/H/S (great horror series) vibe going with it.  Though I'm waiting for Capcom to go "Gotcha bitch" and give us another action game.  Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the series over the years, but I'm stoked to see this new direction for the series.

About that - I heard that RE7 will be different from the demo. In fact: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-resident-evil-7-teaser-demo-not-part-of-the-main-game

On 6/22/2016 at 11:02 AM, AlucardViDracul said:

The Evil Within Demo. Played it for like 10 mins uninstalled it immediately and it prob didnt help it ran like shit on my laptop too. 

umm it gets less scary as you play it, it turns into an action game after chapter 5 i'd say.

1 hour ago, iamkurla249 said:

Probably mine would be Alien: Isolation especially since it was first time playing a survival horror game 

Bro, great user avatar.  BTW, even though the game is not very good it does come off scary.

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Bro, great user avatar.  BTW, even though the game is not very good it does come off scary.

at least it better than that other Alien game we won't ever talk about.