The King of Hate Forums

Nintendo's next game system in the works for 2017

So along with the information of Nintendo going mobile, they are in the works of making their next system, codenamed "NX." Whether this is a home console or a handheld, we will not know until 2016. Along with this is the news that their new membership service will be accessible to all Nintendo consoles, PC, and smart phones. People think that they might start releasing Nintendo games on PC, but with them going mobile, the idea doesn't seem too far-fetched.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/17/nintendo-announces-new-hardware-in-development-codenamed-nx.aspx

Edited by SilentWarrior25

I'm glad that I followed my gut feeling. This year so far I have been itching to buy a Wii U but I got this feeling that moment I buy one, Nintendo would come out and reveal a new console XD

With this announcement I think I'm going to hold out until the Wii U is cheaper. Of course this NX stuff could always be a new handheld, hell I actually predict that it's going to be handheld.

Here's the thing though. With the new membership plan, they're keeping the Wii U in with that. So I don't see them dropping support so easily. Something that somebody typed on twitter actually got me thinking. It's possible that Nintendo could be making an Android TV or something like it to go with their beginning of mobile gaming, so that they would have 3 different systems to work with.

why is Nintendo releasing a new Console already? we pretty much just got the 3DS,Wii U, and the New 3DS, why Nintendo why!

Edit: How about a console called Gametriangle, with a normal Controller Xbox 1/PS4 graphics, and make it and call it a day? is that too hard? or is there going to be another gimmick?

Maybe, just maybe, it will be a proper fucking console. Will Nintendo stop this nonsense where their hardware is a generation behind? Why do they do that? It makes no sense!

​Nintendo always makes their consoles different from the others and goes with custom parts instead of PC parts like the PS4/XOne. 

Even if the Wii U isn't as powerful as the competition, its not a bad system. They have made some really good looking games on it and I'm hoping with this new system its up to date and powerful enough to go against the competition though I'm more worried if it will be able to compete against the next PS and Xbox consoles.

why is Nintendo releasing a new Console already? we pretty much just got the 3DS,Wii U, and the New 3DS, why Nintendo why!

Edit: How about a console called Gametriangle, with a normal Controller Xbox 1/PS4 graphics, and make it and call it a day? is that too hard? or is there going to be another gimmick?

​The Wii U is already 3 years old and Nintendo usually keeps their console lifecycles at around 3-5 years. Just because they announced it now doesn't mean its coming out any time soon. Most likely we will see more info about it at E3 next year and it will probably come out in 2017/2018.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to it! Nintendo definitely won me back over with the Wii U and 3DS. I hated the original Wii with a passion but there's so many amazing games for the Wii U, and more to come in the near future. That system seriously kicked ass last year and I'm still playing Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Hyrule Warriors! Then you had one of the best platformers in years (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze) and one of the best action games in years (Bayonetta 2). Awesome console. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it! Nintendo definitely won me back over with the Wii U and 3DS. I hated the original Wii with a passion but there's so many amazing games for the Wii U, and more to come in the near future. That system seriously kicked ass last year and I'm still playing Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Hyrule Warriors! Then you had one of the best platformers in years (Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze) and one of the best action games in years (Bayonetta 2). Awesome console. 

​Hating a machine with a passion? Lol. What about the amazing games for the Wii?

Anyways, there is no surprise here. A company works on a new system as soon as their current system launches in the market. This has been happening since day one and now people are claiming that the WiiU is dead LMAO

​Hating a machine with a passion? Lol. What about the amazing games for the Wii?

Anyways, there is no surprise here. A company works on a new system as soon as their current system launches in the market. This has been happening since day one and now people are claiming that the WiiU is dead LMAO

​People have said that the Wii U was dead since Day 1 and still do to this day, nothing new there xD

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't really hate the added motion controls, some games worked well with it (Others didn't but that's a different story). The Wii U was still better then the Xbox One before they decided to change Xboner because of the backlash, but I can understand why people would be sick of motion controls by now.

They were fun, but its time to move onto the future. Last thing I want to see is Zelda going 3rd party.

MY only complaint with the Wii U right now (and newly released consoles in general, but that's a given.) was lacking at the launch and having to wait several months just for something to play annoys me.

• 1 month later...

So as an update, there has been some news regarding the NX. For one, according to Iwata, the NX will not replace either the 3DS or the Wii U. And rumors have come out that the NX will actually be an android device that acts as a hybrid of the two.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/01/nintendo-nx-android/

I kinda had the feeling that the NX wasn't going to replace the Wii U. I'm actually glad to see that the Wii U won't be replaced by it honestly.

About Nintendo going into the mobile market.. I can't really say much until they showcase it really.

So as an update, there has been some news regarding the NX. For one, according to Iwata, the NX will not replace either the 3DS or the Wii U. And rumors have come out that the NX will actually be an android device that acts as a hybrid of the two.

​That is really interesting

​Would be pretty interesting if Nintendo released another console, yet continue support for both Wii U, NX and the 3DS. Makes to futher think that NX would act as the middle man between the mobile market, the Wii U and the 3DS.

• Upvote 1

Im curious about the new system, but Im not buying it anytime soon personally.
Im looking to finally get a Wii U once the New Legend of Zelda comes out, then Ill be more driven to get the other games I wanna play on it! BUT...Im still waiting to see if they are gonna make it like Twilight Princess; and have it on last gen & Next gen. OR (And Im hopping they dont) make it a Next Gen Only Exclusive.