The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Characters: Why I like them

​I know there are characters i don't like but i honestly can't think of anything on top of my head 

​No problem, some of the characters I dislike are the Joker, Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor, Talia Al Ghul, Darkseid, Thanos, Punisher, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Zod, Galactus, & Superior Spider-man

​No problem, some of the characters I dislike are the Joker, Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor, Talia Al Ghul, Darkseid, Thanos, Punisher, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Zod, Galactus, & Superior Spider-man

Really u don't like the joker not judging but would u care to explain again not passing judgement 

Really u don't like the joker not judging but would u care to explain again not passing judgement 

​No problem.  When I was growing up, I was not really into the villains.  I started to like many of them over time, but I hate to say this but most of my favorite fictional characters are the heroes.  I know the Joker is regarded by many as the greatest supervillain of all time.  I'm not saying people shouldn't because it is their right and entitlement.  What the Joker has done is his career speaks for itself.  I do not like the Joker not just because he is overused and overexposed, I mean I can't stand it in general when certain fictional are overused and overexposed like Venom, Batman, Wolverine, & Deadpool.  I dislike the Joker for who he ACTUALLY is.  Yes, the Joker is charismatic, but he is mostly heartless, soulless, remorseless, & cold-blooded to the extreme.  I believe those are excellent reasons to not like the Joker compared to a lot of people's reasons for disliking Superman.  I have never really allowed the skills & talents of the Joker to stop me from liking him.  I never was like that with any character.  Do not get me wrong, the Joker is huge in our pop culture, his rivalry with Batman is legendary, and that he has had immense success in film thanks to Jack Nicholson & Heath Ledger, video games, & animation thanks to Mark Hamil, John Dimaggio, and Troy Baker, but personally I think Batman has better villains than him and that his other villains need more attention, better respect, and more exposure like Bane, Riddler, Two-Face, Clayface, Killer Croc, & Mr. Freeze.  I hope these are good enough for you and that I did not anger you.

The reasons to dislike joker are exactly the reasons why he is great, like you said for superman, people dislike superman for the reasons why he is a good hero.  I love Mark Hamil Joker, for me he might as well be the only joker.

But you are right, lesser known villians need the spot light too. Also....I secretly like Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze. Its just hilarious and campy.

​No problem.  When I was growing up, I was not really into the villains.  I started to like many of them over time, but I hate to say this but most of my favorite fictional characters are the heroes.  I know the Joker is regarded by many as the greatest supervillain of all time.  I'm not saying people shouldn't because it is their right and entitlement.  What the Joker has done is his career speaks for itself.  I do not like the Joker not just because he is overused and overexposed, I mean I can't stand it in general when certain fictional are overused and overexposed like Venom, Batman, Wolverine, & Deadpool.  I dislike the Joker for who he ACTUALLY is.  Yes, the Joker is charismatic, but he is mostly heartless, soulless, remorseless, & cold-blooded to the extreme.  I believe those are excellent reasons to not like the Joker compared to a lot of people's reasons for disliking Superman.  I have never really allowed the skills & talents of the Joker to stop me from liking him.  I never was like that with any character.  Do not get me wrong, the Joker is huge in our pop culture, his rivalry with Batman is legendary, and that he has had immense success in film thanks to Jack Nicholson & Heath Ledger, video games, & animation thanks to Mark Hamil, John Dimaggio, and Troy Baker, but personally I think Batman has better villains than him and that his other villains need more attention, better respect, and more exposure like Bane, Riddler, Two-Face, Clayface, Killer Croc, & Mr. Freeze.  I hope these are good enough for you and that I did not anger you.

No problem man not angry and I do agree he is defiantly overused 

• Upvote 1

The reasons to dislike joker are exactly the reasons why he is great, like you said for superman, people dislike superman for the reasons why he is a good hero.  I love Mark Hamil Joker, for me he might as well be the only joker.

But you are right, lesser known villians need the spot light too. Also....I secretly like Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze. Its just hilarious and campy.

​Actually, a lot of the people reasons for disliking Superman are about how powerful he is as a super powered being, that he is unrealistic (stupid reason), his costume (another stupid reason), and that they think he is "too good."  But a villain that does not have to be purely evil to be great.  For example:  when Eddie Brock became Venom in the late '80s to early '90s, he was a great villain to Spider-man even though he was not about world domination and chaos.  He was all about making Peter Parker's life a living hell once the Klyntar (Alien Symbiote) bonded with him, giving him not only Parker's powers, but also Parker's memories and history.  Plus, why do you think Mark Hamil is the only Joker?

Edited by MDCFAN101

No problem man not angry and I do agree he is defiantly overused 

​Overusing and overexposing characters does not really do them good.  Overusing and overexposing characters can give people a very bad impression. 

Allow me to use a better reason to dislike the Joker.  Yes, the Joker has had many great comedic moments (trust me I do have a sense of humor), but a lot of the times he can be annoying as hell.  Plus, I cannot stand the amount of times he domestically abused Harley Quinn.  IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SLEEP WITH A WOMAN, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO HURT HER!!!!

Edited by MDCFAN101

Allow me to use a better reason to dislike the Joker.  Yes, the Joker has had many great comedic moments (trust me I do have a sense of humor), but a lot of the times he can be annoying as hell.  Plus, I cannot stand the amount of times he domestically abused Harley Quinn.  IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SLEEP WITH A WOMAN, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO HURT HER!!!!

​Yeah that is wrong and i do agree with that but for that reason is why i like the character and their relationship and I feel it makes things interesting, again not passing judgement if you don't like the Joker that is fine and that what art (imo I feel that comics is an art) is for, everyone has differing opinions, different viewpoints,ect. (hopefully I didn't piss you off, if I did I apologize)

Edited by iamkurla249

​Yeah that is wrong and i do agree with that but for that reason is why i like the character and their relationship and I feel it makes things interesting, again not passing judgement if you don't like the Joker that is fine and that what art (imo I feel that comics is an art) is for, everyone has differing opinions, different viewpoints,ect. (hopefully I didn't piss you off, if I did I apologize)

​Dude, you did not anger me at all.  But, what I am stating are facts.  The Joker has a tendency of being annoying and that is really not good.  The same I feel about Deadpool, he can be funny but also annoying.  Plus, the relationship between the Joker and Harley can be great when they get along together but the Joker in many ways manipulated Harley during a session with her while she was a doctor at the time.  The Joker you could say screwed Harley over.  Now my feelings for Harley Quinn are neutral.  I like the character when she is actually funny not annoying and when she chooses to act intelligently not stupid.

​Dude, you did not anger me at all.  But, what I am stating are facts.  The Joker has a tendency of being annoying and that is really not good.  The same I feel about Deadpool, he can be funny but also annoying.  Plus, the relationship between the Joker and Harley can be great when they get along together but the Joker in many ways manipulated Harley during a session with her while she was a doctor at the time.  The Joker you could say screwed Harley over.  Now my feelings for Harley Quinn are neutral.  I like the character when she is actually funny not annoying and when she chooses to act intelligently not stupid.

​Yeah that is true I see doesn't change that fact that I like the characters but still I see what your getting at 

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I hope you liked my last post because the next character I am going to talk about is:

0248209cdb9696d6d71dcccf474aff32.thumb.j

Arthur "Orin" Curry aka Aquaman: King of Atlantis & the Seven Seas.

Without a debate the most underrated superhero of all time.  This character for many, many years has been the "butt of the jokes" thanks to fucktards continuously taking his Super Friends counterpart too damn seriously.  The Super Friends was a kids cartoon back in the '70s and '80s, GET OVER IT!!!!.  Anyway, I have loved Aquaman since I watched the Super Friends cartoon back when I was 4 years old.  I thought at the time talking to fish was pretty cool.  When I did some further research on the character as I got older, I'm like "Holy Crap!!!  He is a freaking badass."  Aquaman is actually one of the many characters that can increase his power to omnipotent levels over time.  He is Super-Atlantean, a hybrid of human and atlantean.  He can stay underwater for indefinite periods of time without suffering any ill effects.  He can stay on the surface for long periods of time, but like us humans he will eventually dehydrate.  Aquaman's strength is immense, makeing him one of the strongest characters in the DC Universe.  He is also one of the best fighters in the DC Universe especially when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.  Curry is also a brilliant leader and strategist.  Hell, he rules 2/3 of the planet which is composed of water.  At anytime he wanted to, he can summon his entire Atlantean army and take over the entire surface world.  But on the other hand, Aquaman has the heart and soul of a loving, caring, and honest man making him one of the best members the Justice League has ever had.  He is a loving, loyal, faithful husband to his beautiful wife, Mera, and he is a fair king to the city of Atlantis.  Aquaman without a doubt in my mind needs more respect, attention, and recognition.

​Yeah that is true I see doesn't change that fact that I like the characters but still I see what your getting at 

​I wasn't trying to change your mind on the characters at all my friend.  I have no problem with people liking certain characters as long as they have stronger, more mature, and more valid reasons instead of acting like a bunch of punkass kids from the street.

​I wasn't trying to change your mind on the characters at all my friend.  I have no problem with people liking certain characters as long as they have stronger, more mature, and more valid reasons instead of acting like a bunch of punkass kids from the street.

​yeah don't worry wasn't thinking that at all I still like them but what you said did give a different perspective on them which is good 

​yeah don't worry wasn't thinking that at all I still like them but what you said did give a different perspective on them which is good 

​What did you think of what I said about Aquaman?  Did you check that out?

​What did you think of what I said about Aquaman?  Did you check that out?

​Oh yeah I honestly a pretty recent fan of Aquaman especially since I learned that he is just as powerful as Superman 

​Oh yeah I honestly a pretty recent fan of Aquaman especially since I learned that he is just as powerful as Superman 

​He can be depending on how hydrated he is, but Superman is still the most powerful being on Earth.

​He can be depending on how hydrated he is, but Superman is still the most powerful being on Earth.

​Yeah no doubt about that just saying for example: his trident is magic if i recall correctly and Superman is weak against magic and even if it isn`t magic i know that it is very powerful and can cut through almost anything 

​Yeah no doubt about that just saying for example: his trident is magic if i recall correctly and Superman is weak against magic and even if it isn`t magic i know that it is very powerful and can cut through almost anything 

​I know you know.  Superman has struggled against magic based opponents, but has managed to beat many of them without outside help.  I hope I am not making Superman look like a brick wall.

​I know you know.  Superman has struggled against magic based opponents, but has managed to beat many of them without outside help.  I hope I am not making Superman look like a brick wall.

Don't worry about it but overall yeah Aquaman a really good character and defiantly highly underrated 

• Upvote 1

Don't worry about it but overall yeah Aquaman a really good character and defiantly highly underrated 

Thank you for your understanding.  Aquaman needs a better movie, a better video game, and an animated series.  John Dimaggio's portrayal of the character in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon was outrageous(and I mean awesome).

Hi guys,

The next character I am going to talk about is:

Wonder_Woman.thumb.jpg.a97cfe747fd12c086

Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess & Warrior

Without a doubt the most iconic and arguable the greatest superheroine of all time.  However, she is much more underappreciated than she is popular and that is terrible.  She is a combination of both Superman and Batman, both light and dark.  She is a warrior first then a superheroine.  She is willing to kill villains if she feels is necessary especially during war.  Hell, ask Ares (sorry Kratos a woman beat you to it).  She is one of the many characters in the DC Universe that possesses a power level rivaling Superman's.  She has been stated by Batman himself to be the best melee fighter on the planet Earth.  She is an independent and head strong female character and that is awesome.  It is better than being portrayed as a constant damsel in distress.  She is also on the best leaders and tacticians in the DC Universe.  Unfortunately, there are people who refuse to understand her character whatsoever.  Her portrayal in the New 52 is too warrior-like IMO.  I'm glad the writers got rid of that ridiculous weakness where if her arms were bounded together by man she is rendered powerless.  I'm like "What the fuck?  She can kick both Superman and Batman's asses with her hands tied behind her back, but yet if her arms were tied up by a normal dude she is depowered.  That is some serious domestic abuse shit right there."  Anyways, Wonder Woman is a legend and deserves better respect, more appreciation, and recognition.  She needs a live-action movie, a video game, & an animated series. 

Hey guys,

The next character I am going to talk about is:

Mary_Jane_Watson.thumb.jpg.82f6291a59a86

Mary Jane Watson: the love interest, confidante, and in many ways the wife of Spider-man.

Mary Jane Watson is my favorite love interest in the Marvel Universe.  I know there are people who do not like her and prefer the other love interests Spider-man has had, but I'm here to talk about why I think she is a great character.  Like Peter Parker, she did not have an easy life.  But, she was able to have the optimism and courage to overcome those hardships and be able to accomplish great things.  I thought the marriage between her and Peter Parker was outstanding.  True, they went through some dark times, but marriage is not easy at all.  Plus, there were times of some terrible writing.  Whereas Black Cat was more about the Spider more than the Man, MJ was the opposite which was great.  She was all about the quality over the quantity.  She loved Peter for the man he chose and was willing to become not for the amount of power he possesses.  What is good for Peter is good for Spider-man and that's what the type of person she was.  Sure, Peter could've had a life of wealth and power or a life of adventure, but it would've satisfied the Spider-man side more than the Peter Parker side.  Besides, wealth, power, & adventure does not always equal happiness.  Here is a quote that Peter said to MJ in Amazing Spider-man Volume 2 issue 50: "I can do "all these things" because you believe in me.  Because you give me the strength and the will to get them done.  Everything's easier when you're there and harder when you're not.  Without you, nothing works the way it should.  But when I know you're there in my life, I feel like I can do anything, MJ.  Anything."  This quote showcases not only how much Peter loves her, but how powerful of an impact she has had in Peter's life.  It was so stupid for Joe Quesada to eliminate the marriage because it might age the characters.  I'm sorry, but everything ages.  Some age well, some don't, shit happens.  The characters were aging fine.  I hope and pray the Renew Your Vows storyline is a success and hit because a lot of Spidey fans including myself wanted that marriage to return. 

Edited by MDCFAN101