Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Characters: Why I like them

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PurplePie said:

You guessed right, i'm from the Netherlands.

WOW!!!  Cool.  It's cool to comics and fictional characters with someone who lives outside the U.S.  Have you been to America?  If so, what do you like and dislike about America?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

WOW!!!  Cool.  It's cool to comics and fictional characters with someone who lives outside the U.S.  Have you been to America?  If so, what do you like and dislike about America?

Haha, yeah i like America. I always entertain the idea to move to a different country in the future and America is one of my considerations. Then again i've never been there before so i'm not sure lol. But i like your language, the fact that you actually have like landscapes and nature, and how independent and free your culture is in regards to social ideas and norms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PurplePie said:

Haha, yeah i like America. I always entertain the idea to move to a different country in the future and America is one of my considerations. Then again i've never been there before so i'm not sure lol. But i like your language, the fact that you actually have like landscapes and nature, and how independent and free your culture is in regards to social ideas and norms.

Thank you, but we do have people that do speak other languages outside of English (which I do think is a great thing).  As for our culture, it has been inconsistent to a degree in terms of how we treat one another.  Also, since we're really on a thread talking about fictional characters, do you any suggestions for a Fantasy Fight because there is a fantasy fight thread on this forum.

Edited by MDCFAN101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Thank you, but we do have people that do speak other languages outside of English (which I do think is a great thing).  As for our culture, it has been inconsistent to a degree in terms of how we treat one another.  Also, since we're really on a thread talking about fictional characters, do you any suggestions for a Fantasy Fight because there is a fantasy fight thread on this forum.

A fantasy fight huh... gosh i'm not sure. I'd like to see Spawn square of against someone who could be an interesting fight for him, but i'd have no clue who that could be. Any ideas?

Edited by PurplePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurplePie said:

A fantasy fight huh... gosh i'm not sure. I'd like to see Spawn square of against someone who could be an interesting fight for him, but i'd have no clue who that could be. Any ideas?

Sure.  As a matter of fact, I have notebook containing sections of Fantasy fights, one for fan choices.  One idea I could give you is Livewire vs. Electro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies & Gentleman,

MDC here to give you another one of my favorite characters:

56b3f06842123_Dr.Strange.jpg.e852e47b5ee

Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme.

One of my favorite Marvel characters of all time.  The most powerful sorcerer in the Marvel Universe.  Love his lore and backstory.  He had a tremendous impact in the Hulk's career.  He sent the Hulk to the Crossroads of Eternity to help him find peace.  He was also for many years one of his friends.  Founder and leader of the Defenders.  During the WWH/PH story line, he was a part of the Illuminati team that shipped the Hulk into space and told the Hulk that his rage and power in general meant nothing because he can destroy him with a mere twitch of a finger.  When I heard him say that, I'm like "DAMN!!!!  This is coming from a guy who struggles against science based opponents."  Loved the animated film.  Hope the cinematic film kicks ass.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

The next two characters I am going to show you are:

Static Shock.jpgDanny_Phantom_Complete_Theme_Song).jpg

            Danny Phantom and Static Shock.

 

Two characters that have been heavily inspired by Spider-Man.  Back in the day, teenagers would often be used as sidekicks.  Until one day, where two great men, Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, decided that teenagers can be superheroes without being sidekicks.  Hence, Spider-man was born.  In the 1990s, a writer named Dwayne McDuffie, who had a huge role in the DCAU, looked at Spidey as a great inspiration to create Virgil Hawkins aka Static Shock, a teenage superhero with the powers of Electrokinesis.  In April of 2004, a guy named Butch Hartman also looked at Spidey as a great inspiration to create Danny Fenton aka Danny Phantom, a teenage superhero who is a human/ghost hybrid.  Like Peter, they didn't have a Superman, a Batman, nor a Captain America to mentor them and guide them.  They had to overcome their flaws and personal problems on their own as well controlling their skills and abilities.  As much as Dick is awesome, he had Bruce mentoring him and guiding him for most of his life.  It is also without question that Danny and Virgil are more powerful than Peter, but as we all know, that doesn't mean much.  I loved these character after watching their shows.  I was glad they put Virgil in Young Justice cuz that show was awesome.  I hope that these characters get new shows and or comics.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm so sorry for the long delay, but nether the less, here's another one of my favorite characters:

Juggernaut.jpg.f0a8b6e9a324778e323d1f36ffe00c86.jpg.89727dba80d40120761c25327190c15f.jpg

Cain Marko, the Unstoppable Juggernaut.

My personal favorite X-Men villain.  He is the step-brother of Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men.  I like Juggernaut a lot because while Cain is not exactly a good person, he isn't entirely evil.  While he did have a troubled childhood, his father, Kurt Marko was very abusive.  He abused Cain physically, mentally, verbally, emotionally, and spiritually.  Kurt's abuse caused Cain to bully Xavier despite Xavier's efforts to comfort Cain.  Kurt's abuse also caused Cain to lead a life of crime which resulted in him becoming the Juggernaut, one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe.  Just to be clear, in the mainstream Marvel Universe, Earth 616, Juggernaut's powers are 100% magical.  His powers originated from a mystical gem belonging to an ancient, powerful, and evil demon known as Cytorrak.  As I mentioned before, Juggernaut is one of the most powerful characters of the Marvel Universe.  Juggernaut's raw power rivals the Hulk's, Thor's, Hercules', Blue Marvel's, Hyperion's, and the Sentry's.  Over the course of his career, he has engaged in battles with not only with the X-Men, but with Spider-Man, Thor, the Avengers, the Fantastic 4, and the Hulk.

While Juggernaut is mostly known as a villain, there was a time where he reformed.  During that time, he become a member of the X-Men & the Thunderbolts.  However, in the MC2 Marvel Universe, an alternate future, Juggernaut completely reforms, becomes a full fledged member of the X-Men, gets married and has a son who inherits his powers and becomes a member of A-Next, the MC2's version of the Avengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I know it has a been a while, but I'm back.  The next character I will be talking about is:

Thor.thumb.jpg.58682755bd6b989a162dab6f0464d9af.jpg

The Might Thor himself, Thor Odinson.

I've been wanting to talk to you guys about my fandom for this character for quite some time, and what better way to do it than a few days before his new film is officially released.

Anyways, I've been a huge fan of Thor since my childhood.  I've read the comics and watched the cartoons.  What I love most about Thor is that like Superman, Thor is very humanized.  He does not have this mentality where certain people and task are beneath him.  Thor is willing to help regardless of the situation.  I really love his relationship with Jane Foster, who is the new Thor of the Marvel Universe.  I hope one day Thor and Jane become a couple again.  A founding member of  the Avengers and the team's first leader.  That's right, not many people know that before Cap joined the team, Thor was the team's first leader.  The Avengers originally consisted of Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Hank Pym, and Janet Van Dyne.  Once the Hulk quit the Avengers at the end of issue 2, Cap came in then became the team's leader over time.  Of course, Thor is without a doubt one of the most powerful superheroes in all of fiction due to his god-like strength, stamina, nigh-invulnerability, and his ability to control  and manipulate the weather.  For decades, Hulk & Thor had this epic rivalry where they would constantly prove which of the two is strongest.  For years, that was one of the most iconic and popular moments in Marvel Comics history.  However, I really loved it when Thor got enhanced by the Odinforce.  When Thor had the Odinforce, he was insanely powerful.  Of course like always, all good must come to end.  Thor had the Odinforce for at least 3-4 years.  I hope Thor does get the Odinforce sometime in the movies. 

Speaking of the movies, I was so happy when Marvel did the first Thor movie back in 2011.  I was like, "Yes, it's about damn time."  I went to the see the film with my father and brother and I loved it.  Though as much as I like Chris Hemsworth portrayal of Thor in the MCU, I don't like the fact that Thor relies too much on his hammer.  Throughout the comics, Thor has been able to fight and kick ass without his hammer.  Plus, in the MCU, Thor is incredibly weak compared to his comic book counterpart. Other than that, I like MCU Thor. 

Anyways, I hope you like this episode/segment of Characters and Why I like Them.  I'll see you guys next time.  Peace.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Hey guys,

I know it has a been a while, but I'm back.  The next character I will be talking about is:

Thor.thumb.jpg.58682755bd6b989a162dab6f0464d9af.jpg

The Might Thor himself, Thor Odinson.

I've been wanting to talk to you guys about my fandom for this character for quite some time, and what better way to do it than a few days before his new film is officially released.

Anyways, I've been a huge fan of Thor since my childhood.  I've read the comics and watched the cartoons.  What I love most about Thor is that like Superman, Thor is very humanized.  He does not have this mentality where certain people and task are beneath him.  Thor is willing to help regardless of the situation.  I really love his relationship with Jane Foster, who is the new Thor of the Marvel Universe.  I hope one day Thor and Jane become a couple again.  A founding member of  the Avengers and the team's first leader.  That's right, not many people know that before Cap joined the team, Thor was the team's first leader.  The Avengers originally consisted of Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Hank Pym, and Janet Van Dyne.  Once the Hulk quit the Avengers at the end of issue 2, Cap came in then became the team's leader over time.  Of course, Thor is without a doubt one of the most powerful superheroes in all of fiction due to his god-like strength, stamina, nigh-invulnerability, and his ability to control  and manipulate the weather.  For decades, Hulk & Thor had this epic rivalry where they would constantly prove which of the two is strongest.  For years, that was one of the most iconic and popular moments in Marvel Comics history.  However, I really loved it when Thor got enhanced by the Odinforce.  When Thor had the Odinforce, he was insanely powerful.  Of course like always, all good must come to end.  Thor had the Odinforce for at least 3-4 years.  I hope Thor does get the Odinforce sometime in the movies. 

Speaking of the movies, I was so happy when Marvel did the first Thor movie back in 2011.  I was like, "Yes, it's about damn time."  I went to the see the film with my father and brother and I loved it.  Though as much as I like Chris Hemsworth portrayal of Thor in the MCU, I don't like the fact that Thor relies too much on his hammer.  Throughout the comics, Thor has been able to fight and kick ass without his hammer.  Plus, in the MCU, Thor is incredibly weak compared to his comic book counterpart. Other than that, I like MCU Thor. 

Anyways, I hope you like this episode/segment of Characters and Why I like Them.  I'll see you guys next time.  Peace.

 

The thing about you loving Thor not needing his hammer your gonna love Ragnarok a lot then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay guys, since the Justice League film is coming out this Friday, I think it is time for me to talk about the final member of the team that will appear in the film.  Ladies & Gentlemen, I give to you:

Cyborg.png.ef5260215b849eecf1b9f345944fce3b.png

Victor Stone aka Cyborg.

In the original DC Comics Cyborg was never a founding member of the Justice League.  Although, he would join the team over time.  However, he is more so affiliated with the Teen Titans and the Titans.  I've been a fan of this character since I watched the 2003 Teen Titans animated series.  I mean how could we forgot that badass catchphrase of his, "BOOYA!!!".  I really like his backstory (mostly his original rather than his New 52 origin), and his character.  So full of optimism, charisma, and strong leadership.  Can't wait to see him kick ass on the big screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to my next installment of my Characters and Why I like them thread where tell you guys some of favorite fictional characters and why I like them.  This "episode" if you will is a very special one because his movie will be released tomorrow, April 5, 2019.  Folks, I'm here to talk about:

805792048_CaptainMarvel(BillyBatson).jpg.724bb217066248ede2c72ac470eec356.jpg

William "Billy" Joseph Batson, the original "OG" Captain Marvel.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Captain Marvel (Billy Batson).  He's one of my top 15/top 20 favorite DC heroes.  I've been a fan ever since I read about him in the DC Encyclopedia when I was in 6th grade.  I find his backstory/origin (his original, classic backstory/origin) very interesting and compelling.  I like the fact that he is very similar to Superman in terms of character.  Like Superman, he is good natured, pure hearted, optimistic, charismatic, and morally righteous.  Although, it is safe to say that he is a much more light-hearted version of Superman. Another thing I find interesting about him is that during the Golden Age of Comics (more specifically throughout the 1940s and early 1950s), he was the most popular superhero in all of comics.  That is right, at one point in time, he was more popular than Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Captain America, Namor the Sub-Mariner, and all of the other heroes that came out during that time.  However, the one thing I find the most interesting about him is that his powers derive from heroes and deities from Greek and Roman legends.  I find that very fascinating TBH.  For those who aren't too familiar with his abilities, here they are:

S for the Wisdom of Solomon

H for the Strength of Hercules

A for the Stamina of Atlas

Z for the Power of Zeus

A for the Courage of Achilles

M for the Speed of Mercury

With these abilities, Captain Marvel is the World's Mightiest Mortal and most importantly one of the DC Universe's most powerful superheroes.  As a matter of fact, I'd say he is in the top 5 if not top 3.

If you guys want to know my thoughts on his incoming film, it looks awesome.  I've been hyped for it since I saw the first trailer last year. Zachary Levi looks great as Captain Marvel and Asher Angel looks very good as Billy Batson.  TBH, it looks like the DCEU's best film to date.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this installment of Characters and Why I Like Them.  I'll see you guys next time.  PEACE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2015 at 2:23 AM, MDCFAN101 said:

Norrin Radd aka the Silver Surfer

Without question one of the most powerful characters in all of fiction. As big of a fan of Superman that I am, the Silver Surfer is without question far more powerful than Superman (and yet we still have fucktards and retards saying Superman is OP).  Comparing Superman's power level to the Silver Surfer is like comparing the strength of an ant to the strength of a human.  The Silver Surfer is cosmic level god, Superman is more of a demigod.  The Silver Surfer is capable of manipulating, projecting, absorbing, & mastering all forms of energy.  Superman has never been able to do that at all.

Really? I don't know a thing about these characters and the comics in general, so I always thought that Superman was the big deal.

Too bad Silver Surfer isn't as popular as other characters.

Silver.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, MoraMoria said:

Really? I don't know a thing about these characters and the comics in general, so I always thought that Superman was the big deal.

Too bad Silver Surfer isn't as popular as other characters.

Silver.png

Don't worry about it.

As for Silver Surfer's popularity, he's in fact one of the most beloved and iconic Marvel characters of all time along with Spider-Man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×