The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Characters: Why I like them

Hey guys,

The next character I am going to talk about is:

Mary_Jane_Watson.thumb.jpg.82f6291a59a86

Mary Jane Watson: the love interest, confidante, and in many ways the wife of Spider-man.

Mary Jane Watson is my favorite love interest in the Marvel Universe.  I know there are people who do not like her and prefer the other love interests Spider-man has had, but I'm here to talk about why I think she is a great character.  Like Peter Parker, she did not have an easy life.  But, she was able to have the optimism and courage to overcome those hardships and be able to accomplish great things.  I thought the marriage between her and Peter Parker was outstanding.  True, they went through some dark times, but marriage is not easy at all.  Plus, there were times of some terrible writing.  Whereas Black Cat was more about the Spider more than the Man, MJ was the opposite which was great.  She was all about the quality over the quantity.  She loved Peter for the man he chose and was willing to become not for the amount of power he possesses.  What is good for Peter is good for Spider-man and that's what the type of person she was.  Sure, Peter could've had a life of wealth and power or a life of adventure, but it would've satisfied the Spider-man side more than the Peter Parker side.  Besides, wealth, power, & adventure does not always equal happiness.  Here is a quote that Peter said to MJ in Amazing Spider-man Volume 2 issue 50: "I can do "all these things" because you believe in me.  Because you give me the strength and the will to get them done.  Everything's easier when you're there and harder when you're not.  Without you, nothing works the way it should.  But when I know you're there in my life, I feel like I can do anything, MJ.  Anything."  This quote showcases not only how much Peter loves her, but how powerful of an impact she has had in Peter's life.  It was so stupid for Joe Quesada to eliminate the marriage because it might age the characters.  I'm sorry, but everything ages.  Some age well, some don't, shit happens.  The characters were aging fine.  I hope and pray the Renew Your Vows storyline is a success and hit because a lot of Spidey fans including myself wanted that marriage to return. 

​She is an interesting character not one of my favs but I do like the character 

• Upvote 1

​She is an interesting character not one of my favs but I do like the character 

​Thanks dude.  Oh, I forgot to mention that she had a great role in Spider-man Web of Shadows. 

​Thanks dude.  Oh, I forgot to mention that she had a great role in Spider-man Web of Shadows. 

​The game or is it a comic because i only heard of the game 

Hey guys,

Captain_America_Steve_Rogers.thumb.jpg.6

Steve Rogers: The original Captain America aka the Sentinel of Liberty.

A prime example of a citizen solider.  Captain America's character in many ways is a lot like Superman and that is awesome.  Like Superman, he possesses a powerful leadership presence, an immensely strong indomitable will, and inspires hope and patriotism instead of instilling fear through vengeance.  I am really glad that he is getting his due in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), but unfortunately, he is still underappreciated.  Captain America is another prime example of what not only superheroes should be but also what soldiers should be.  He is an individual that is all about doing what is right rather than just simply following orders because following certain orders can be seriously messed.up and cruel.  Even though he has a very serious mentality, he does have a unique sense of humor like a lot of people.  Do I think Steve can lead the Justice League of America, who I personally consider to be the greatest superhero team of all time?  HELL YES!!!  I do not know why there are still idiots out there saying shit like "Just take away his shield and it's over."  I am sorry but Captain America is far better fighter than that.  He is one of the best tacticians and one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe.  His shield is a symbol of Cap not his entire character.  True, Steve's shield is his most well known weapon, but he has used firearms, bladed weaponry, & Mjolnir a couple of times.  Captain America is a soldier first then a superhero so he is willing to kill if only he feels it is absolutely necessary.  Also like Superman, Captain America has continued to follow his principles even if the world and the entire country of America told him not to.  I know there are people out there who do not like Captain America for stupid, immature, & juvenile reasons, but of course I am not here to talk about those assholes who many of them fins his "assassination". hysterical almost as much as other people find Superman's "death" hysterical.  Personal I think that is completely immature, and childish.  Steve may not have the best arsenal nor skills and talents, but he gets the job done.  I have no negatives to say about Steve other than I am not big on his counterpart in the Ultimate Universe.  But, I FREAKING LOVE THE IDEA OF HIM BECOMING PRESIDENT OF THE USA!!!  OH YEAH, PRESIDENT AMERICA FTW BITCHES!!  Steve Rogers is overall just a kind, compassionate, and decent person who is more than willing to sacrifice his life for others no matter what.      

Edited by MDCFAN101

Hello guys,

Get ready because the next character I am going to talk about is:

index.thumb.jpg.8f814f9c67945ae3a4333ff4

Bruce Wayne aka the Batman

Arguably the most popular character in comics right.  However, I am also going to say the one character that is being overused, overhyped, overexposed, and overrated the most by the social media and fans.  Yes, Batman is awesome, but he is not god almighty.  Batman is not amazing because he has no powers.  Batman is awesome because of the man he chose to become.  Having superpowers or no superpowers does not make you a great hero.  What makes a hero great is the heart, spirit, and mentality the hero possesses.  I despise the fact when people say "Batman always has a plan."  If Batman always had a plan, why does the Joker keep breaking out of Arkham Asylum?  Why doesn't he trap him in the Phantom Zone?  Why doesn't Batman create a serum to cure the Joker?  Why hasn't Batman killed Superman or better yet why hasn't he created a  cure to help him eradicate his vulnerability to Kryptonite?  How about, why doesn't he stop new villains from coming out of nowhere?  Batman is a brilliant strategist, but he is certainly far from flawless.  Batman is brilliant tactician not because he makes a plan but on how well he executes his plans.  Batman is not a good example for heroes to follow because he is obsessed, mentally insane, and paranoid.  He is all about being this costumed hero rather than being the person that he really is.  In his mind, Batman is his real identity and Bruce Wayne is his disguise.  Batman is a type of person that does not really have a life whereas Superman and Spider-man have lives.  As matter of fact, they are willing to live and go through life.  Writers have showcased that there is more to life than just being a superhero and being a superhero is not easy at all.  They have flaws and go through problems just like we do.  Any person who thinks Batman is an example all superheroes should follow should be institutionalized immediately.  I know nobody wants to go through hardships but facing hardships and going through hardships determines the strength of our character.  When Batman remembers that he actually is Bruce Wayne, that's when the character is at his best.  He has a great supporting character named Alfred Pennyworth who constantly does his best to remind Bruce who he really is.  In order for the superhero's character to develop well, he/she needs the alter-ego's character to develop well.  The superhero/heroine cannot succeed without the alter-ego.  Just being used as a gimmick to cover the superhero/heroine's tracks is not really good character development.  Batman had a choice between stopping two evils, the Justice League and the Joker and he chose the Justice League the lesser of the two evils.  That in many ways exposed Batman.  Joker is without a doubt a greater evil than the Justice League and Batman ruined a opportunity to make a plan to stop Joker from committing more heinous crimes.  Of course you have assholes that will say "He is the goddamn Batman, he can do whatever he wants."  Actually it does matter because Batman doing whatever he wants can make him look like an asshole, a criminal, and or a terrorist and nobody likes those types of people.  That shit right there is downright fucking disgraceful and embarrassing.  Those fans are not true Batman fans.  A true Batman fan shows class, maturity, and humility.  Batman is without question one of the best leaders, tacticians, and fighters in comics, but once again he is not god almighty.  I will agree that Batman is the greatest non superpowered hero in comic book history but I will also go as far as saying of all time.  Does Batman have the right to be put in the debate of who is the greatest superhero of all time?  Absolutely, but not because he has no powers because Iron Man, Green Arrow, & Hawkeye have no superhuman abilities.  I think the feats that Bruce has accomplished in his career will certainly help though.  DC and comics in general should get more recognition, love, and respect than for just having Batman.  As much as I love Batman, part of me is starting to hate him because on how he has viciously dominated fantasy fight debates and in many ways the Internet.  Some of the gifs he has are just fucking ridiculously terrible.  That has caused a lot of people to really hate Batman and that is just downright terrible.  Batman deserves better treatment and more importantly better fans.  Batman does have the POTENTIAL to take down anyone but it all depends on his mortality (because Batman is a mere mortal compared to a lot of characters), if he needs outside help, & on how well he executes his plans.  Just because you have studied for a test doesn't mean you are automatically going to pass it.  Before I go, let me ask you guys this question: How ridiculously powerful you'd think Batman would be if he did have a plan for everything?     

Hello guys,

Get ready because the next character I am going to talk about is:

index.thumb.jpg.8f814f9c67945ae3a4333ff4

Bruce Wayne aka the Batman

Arguably the most popular character in comics right.  However, I am also going to say the one character that is being overused, overhyped, overexposed, and overrated the most by the social media and fans.  Yes, Batman is awesome, but he is not god almighty.  Batman is not amazing because he has no powers.  Batman is awesome because of the man he chose to become.  Having superpowers or no superpowers does not make you a great hero.  What makes a hero great is the heart, spirit, and mentality the hero possesses.  I despise the fact when people say "Batman always has a plan."  If Batman always had a plan, why does the Joker keep breaking out of Arkham Asylum?  Why doesn't he trap him in the Phantom Zone?  Why doesn't Batman create a serum to cure the Joker?  Why hasn't Batman killed Superman or better yet why hasn't he created a  cure to help him eradicate his vulnerability to Kryptonite?  How about, why doesn't he stop new villains from coming out of nowhere?  Batman is a brilliant strategist, but he is certainly far from flawless.  Batman is brilliant tactician not because he makes a plan but on how well he executes his plans.  Batman is not a good example for heroes to follow because he is obsessed, mentally insane, and paranoid.  He is all about being this costumed hero rather than being the person that he really is.  In his mind, Batman is his real identity and Bruce Wayne is his disguise.  Batman is a type of person that does not really have a life whereas Superman and Spider-man have lives.  As matter of fact, they are willing to live and go through life.  Writers have showcased that there is more to life than just being a superhero and being a superhero is not easy at all.  They have flaws and go through problems just like we do.  Any person who thinks Batman is an example all superheroes should follow should be institutionalized immediately.  I know nobody wants to go through hardships but facing hardships and going through hardships determines the strength of our character.  When Batman remembers that he actually is Bruce Wayne, that's when the character is at his best.  He has a great supporting character named Alfred Pennyworth who constantly does his best to remind Bruce who he really is.  In order for the superhero's character to develop well, he/she needs the alter-ego's character to develop well.  The superhero/heroine cannot succeed without the alter-ego.  Just being used as a gimmick to cover the superhero/heroine's tracks is not really good character development.  Batman had a choice between stopping two evils, the Justice League and the Joker and he chose the Justice League the lesser of the two evils.  That in many ways exposed Batman.  Joker is without a doubt a greater evil than the Justice League and Batman ruined a opportunity to make a plan to stop Joker from committing more heinous crimes.  Of course you have assholes that will say "He is the goddamn Batman, he can do whatever he wants."  Actually it does matter because Batman doing whatever he wants can make him look like an asshole, a criminal, and or a terrorist and nobody likes those types of people.  That shit right there is downright fucking disgraceful and embarrassing.  Those fans are not true Batman fans.  A true Batman fan shows class, maturity, and humility.  Batman is without question one of the best leaders, tacticians, and fighters in comics, but once again he is not god almighty.  I will agree that Batman is the greatest non superpowered hero in comic book history but I will also go as far as saying of all time.  Does Batman have the right to be put in the debate of who is the greatest superhero of all time?  Absolutely, but not because he has no powers because Iron Man, Green Arrow, & Hawkeye have no superhuman abilities.  I think the feats that Bruce has accomplished in his career will certainly help though.  DC and comics in general should get more recognition, love, and respect than for just having Batman.  As much as I love Batman, part of me is starting to hate him because on how he has viciously dominated fantasy fight debates and in many ways the Internet.  Some of the gifs he has are just fucking ridiculously terrible.  That has caused a lot of people to really hate Batman and that is just downright terrible.  Batman deserves better treatment and more importantly better fans.  Batman does have the POTENTIAL to take down anyone but it all depends on his mortality (because Batman is a mere mortal compared to a lot of characters), if he needs outside help, & on how well he executes his plans.  Just because you have studied for a test doesn't mean you are automatically going to pass it.  Before I go, let me ask you guys this question: How ridiculously powerful you'd think Batman would be if he did have a plan for everything?     

​Definatly one of my fav characters and also made some good points on stuff I didn't even think about 

​Definatly one of my fav characters and also made some good points on stuff I didn't even think about 

​No problem dude.  But did you answer my question and did you check out my Captain America post and my recent post in Comic Book Talk?

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

Annihilation_Silver_Surfer_Vol_1_2_Textl

Norrin Radd aka the Silver Surfer

Without question one of the most powerful characters in all of fiction.  Stan Lee stated that Spidey and the Silver Surfer are his two greatest characters.  IMBHO, he is severely underrated.  Yes he is incredibly powerful but that doesn't he is not interesting at all.  The Silver Surfer has a very powerful human side to his character.  Though Superman & Spider-man are more human than the Silver Surfer.  As big of a fan of Superman that I am, the Silver Surfer is without question far more powerful than Superman (and yet we still have fucktards and retards saying Superman is OP).  Comparing Superman's power level to the Silver Surfer is like comparing the strength of an ant to the strength of a human.  The Silver Surfer is cosmic level god, Superman is more of a demigod.  The Silver Surfer is capable of manipulating, projecting, absorbing, & mastering all forms of energy.  Superman has never been able to do that at all.  I will admit I did not like how he was portrayed in Rise of the Silver Surfer, but hopefully he gets another shot in film.  It is a shame they never gave him a video game nor another animated series.  He had one back in 1994 and it only lasted for one season.  From I saw, the series was amazing.  The Silver Surfer is definitely a character worth reading and following.  He definitely deserves better respect, appreciation, and recognition.

Hey guys,

Captain_America_Steve_Rogers.thumb.jpg.6

Steve Rogers: The original Captain America aka the Sentinel of Liberty.

A prime example of a citizen solider.  Captain America's character in many ways is a lot like Superman and that is awesome.  Like Superman, he possesses a powerful leadership presence, an immensely strong indomitable will, and inspires hope and patriotism instead of instilling fear through vengeance.  I am really glad that he is getting his due in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), but unfortunately, he is still underappreciated.  Captain America is another prime example of what not only superheroes should be but also what soldiers should be.  He is an individual that is all about doing what is right rather than just simply following orders because following certain orders can be seriously messed.up and cruel.  Even though he has a very serious mentality, he does have a unique sense of humor like a lot of people.  Do I think Steve can lead the Justice League of America, who I personally consider to be the greatest superhero team of all time?  HELL YES!!!  I do not know why there are still idiots out there saying shit like "Just take away his shield and it's over."  I am sorry but Captain America is far better fighter than that.  He is one of the best tacticians and one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe.  His shield is a symbol of Cap not his entire character.  True, Steve's shield is his most well known weapon, but he has used firearms, bladed weaponry, & Mjolnir a couple of times.  Captain America is a soldier first then a superhero so he is willing to kill if only he feels it is absolutely necessary.  Also like Superman, Captain America has continued to follow his principles even if the world and the entire country of America told him not to.  I know there are people out there who do not like Captain America for stupid, immature, & juvenile reasons, but of course I am not here to talk about those assholes who many of them fins his "assassination". hysterical almost as much as other people find Superman's "death" hysterical.  Personal I think that is completely immature, and childish.  Steve may not have the best arsenal nor skills and talents, but he gets the job done.  I have no negatives to say about Steve other than I am not big on his counterpart in the Ultimate Universe.  But, I FREAKING LOVE THE IDEA OF HIM BECOMING PRESIDENT OF THE USA!!!  OH YEAH, PRESIDENT AMERICA FTW BITCHES!!  Steve Rogers is overall just a kind, compassionate, and decent person who is more than willing to sacrifice his life for others no matter what.      

​Also one of my favs as well 

Annihilation_Silver_Surfer_Vol_1_2_Textl

Norrin Radd aka the Silver Surfer

Without question one of the most powerful characters in all of fiction.  Stan Lee stated that Spidey and the Silver Surfer are his two greatest characters.  IMBHO, he is severely underrated.  Yes he is incredibly powerful but that doesn't he is not interesting at all.  The Silver Surfer has a very powerful human side to his character.  Though Superman & Spider-man are more human than the Silver Surfer.  As big of a fan of Superman that I am, the Silver Surfer is without question far more powerful than Superman (and yet we still have fucktards and retards saying Superman is OP).  Comparing Superman's power level to the Silver Surfer is like comparing the strength of an ant to the strength of a human.  The Silver Surfer is cosmic level god, Superman is more of a demigod.  The Silver Surfer is capable of manipulating, projecting, absorbing, & mastering all forms of energy.  Superman has never been able to do that at all.  I will admit I did not like how he was portrayed in Rise of the Silver Surfer, but hopefully he gets another shot in film.  It is a shame they never gave him a video game nor another animated series.  He had one back in 1994 and it only lasted for one season.  From I saw, the series was amazing.  The Silver Surfer is definitely a character worth reading and following.  He definitely deserves better respect, appreciation, and recognition.

​Did not know Silver Surfer was more powerful than Superman well 

IW8simF.gif

• Upvote 1

Martian_Manhunter.thumb.jpg.88db00fe6317

Jonn J'onzz aka the Martian Manhunter

Without a doubt an underrated character.  Probably because of assholes who cannot handle characters being very powerful and that they take their weaknesses too damn seriously.  His character is both light and dark, possesses a lot of optimism for humanity and is willing strike fear into the hearts of his opponents.  His powers & abilities are freaking amazing.  He is a combination of Superman, Batman, Invisible Woman, Mister Fantastic, Plastic Man, Professor Xavier, Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, and the Skrulls (shapeshifting aliens from Marvel Comics).  In terms of strength, speed, stamina, durability, and invulnerability, he almost do the same things Superman can do (once again there are morons out there who still say Superman is OP).  At one point, he stalemated Superman in an arm wrestling match, he moved the entire Earth around at another point, & during Infinite Crisis he was strong enough to hurt Superboy Prime.  At full power, Martian Manhunter's strength is nearly on par with Superman's.  He also possesses nearly identical visionary and sensory powers that Superman has, but his Martian Vision in many ways is similar to Superman's heat vision.  Like Batman, he is a brilliant detective.  Jonn J'onzz possesses one of the most brilliant minds on the planet Earth, therefore making one of the smartest members of Justice League along with Superman, Batman, Flash, & Wonder Woman.  As a fighter, Martian Manhunter is a beast.  He is regarded as one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the DC Universe.  Jonn's regeneration  I hate to say puts both Wolverine's and Deadpool's to shame because he can regenerate his entire body from a liquified state.  Like Kitty Pryde, he can phase through almost any person and object.  Like the Skrulls, he can shapeshift into any person, animal and/or object he desires to become.  Manhunter's telepathy is ludacris (in an awesome way).  He can harm the Spectre who is regarded as the right hand of God in the DC Universe and he can make the Joker temporarily sane (Holy SHIT!!!).  Like Mister Fantastic and Plastic Man, he can become very malleable.  He can stretch any part of his body to great lengths. However, his two weakness are his addiction to Chocos (which are basically cookies) and a psychological fear to fire.  I was first introduced to this character in the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited animated series and since that time I have loved him.  He definitely needs more attention, respect, and recognition.  He surely needs an animated series, a movie, & and a video game.  I did not like the fact that DC refused to give him his own series in the New 52 

Edited by MDCFAN101

Martian_Manhunter.thumb.jpg.88db00fe6317

Jonn J'onzz aka the Martian Manhunter

Without a doubt an underrated character.  Probably because of assholes who cannot handle characters being very powerful and that they take their weaknesses too damn seriously.  His character is both light and dark, possesses a lot of optimism for humanity and is willing strike fear into the hearts of his opponents.  His powers & abilities are freaking amazing.  He is a combination of Superman, Batman, Invisible Woman, Mister Fantastic, Plastic Man, Professor Xavier, Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, and the Skrulls (shapeshifting aliens from Marvel Comics).  In terms of strength, speed, stamina, durability, and invulnerability, he almost do the same things Superman can do (once again there are morons out there who still say Superman is OP).  At one point, he stalemated Superman in an arm wrestling match, he moved the entire Earth around at another point, & during Infinite Crisis he was strong enough to hurt Superboy Prime.  At full power, Martian Manhunter's strength is nearly on par with Superman's.  He also possesses nearly identical visionary and sensory powers that Superman has, but his Martian Vision in many ways is similar to Superman's heat vision.  Like Batman, he is a brilliant detective.  Jonn J'onzz possesses one of the most brilliant minds on the planet Earth, therefore making one of the smartest members of Justice League along with Superman, Batman, Flash, & Wonder Woman.  As a fighter, Martian Manhunter is a beast.  He is regarded as one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the DC Universe.  Jonn's regeneration  I hate to say puts both Wolverine's and Deadpool's to shame because he can regenerate his entire body from a liquified state.  Like Kitty Pryde, he can phase through almost any person and object.  Like the Skrulls, he can shapeshift into any person, animal and/or object he desires to become.  Manhunter's telepathy is ludacris (in an awesome way).  He can harm the Spectre who is regarded as the right hand of God in the DC Universe and he can make the Joker temporarily sane (Holy SHIT!!!).  Like Mister Fantastic and Plastic Man, he can become very malleable.  He can stretch any part of his body to great lengths. However, his two weakness are his addiction to Chocos (which are basically cookies) and a psychological fear to fire.  I was first introduced to this character in the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited animated series and since that time I have loved him.  He definitely needs more attention, respect, and recognition.  He surely needs an animated series, a movie, & and a video game.  I did not like the fact that DC refused to give him his own series in the New 52 

I also really like this character and honestly was disappointed that he wouldn't be in the new films especially JLA movie since he founding and created the team

• Upvote 1

nightwing_as_batman.thumb.jpg.b9749a1f81

Richard John Grayson aka the original Robin, Nightwing, and at one point Batman

One of my personal favorite characters since I was 4 years old.  Definitely one of the best teenage superheroes of all time during his time as Robin and one of the best legacy heroes ever.  Probably the most popular of Batman's sidekicks.  In many ways, he is the polar opposite of Bruce.  Like Bruce, he witnessed the murder of his parents at the hands of a cold-blooded killer, however, instead of being of dark and gritty, he became more optimistic and light hearted than Bruce.  Majority of skills and talents rival Bruce especially his detective skills are ranked second to Batman.  Dick's acrobatics & agility are awesome to watch and way better than Bruce.  Plus, he widely regarded to possess better leadership skills than Bruce and that means something as well.  When I learned that Bludhaven is far worse than Gotham, I was like DAMN!!!  I can surely assure you that Dick has a more powerful spirit and patience than Bruce.  When he became Batman, I was all for it.  He was a more human and less darker Batman.  A Batman with a more charismatic personality than the previous one, more sanity than the previous one, & more importantly that is less obsessed and paranoid than the previous one.  I am disgusted that many of these asshole fans do not say he is the best in the fact that many of them prefer non superpowered heroes and that he is not even debate of who is the greatest superhero of all time.  Personally, it would be awesome if he had an animated series.  I hope, pray, & wish that he becomes Batman again because IMHO he had a chance to become a better hero than Bruce.  Heroes should not always be about instilling fear through vengeance, they should be about inspiring hope and optimism and that's what Gotham really needs.

• Upvote 1

Daredevil.thumb.jpg.2fe2ac0943bd2354f81b

Matt Murdock aka Daredevil, the Man Without Fear.

A very underrated character.  One of my personal favorites since 2003 after I watched the film.  Yes, I was one of the few who did love the film but I will say the Netflix series is way better.  One of my top 10 favorite characters in comics and one of my top 5 favorite characters in the Marvel Universe.  IMO, he is Marvel's version of Batman because he strikes fear into the hearts of criminals.  However unlike Batman, he is willing to be both Matt Murdock and Daredevil.  He is in many ways a double threat, he locks up criminals as an attorney and beats them up as a superhero.  His rogues gallery is super underrated IMO.  I am glad Mark Waid is doing a great job in giving the character a lot of attention because he really needs it.  Along with Captain America, Punisher, Wolverine, Iron Fist, & Spider-Man, he is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe.  I really wish he gets his own animated series, another movie, & a video game.

• Upvote 1

Wolverine.thumb.jpg.58114b54aba28ca148e3

James "Logan" Howlett aka the Wolverine

Widely regarded as the ultimate badass of the Marvel Universe.  One of my personal favorites since I watched the 1992 X-Men animated series.  He is without a doubt in my mind my favorite X-Man.  Wolverine is my 4th favorite character in comics, my second my favorite character in the Marvel Universe, & my personal favorite anti-hero.  I can definitely say that he is one of the many other characters that is being overused, overexposed, & overrated the most by fans and social media.  Out of all my favorite characters, I find his origin the most interesting.  I mostly love Wolverine for his character than his powers.  Yes, his powers are cool especially his borderline god-like healing powers.  I love his characters because he is type of person that is willing to turn his life around.  As much as he did not really like Cyclops, he looked up to him as a more positive inspirational figure.  When Wolverine becomes more human, humane, & tame that is where the character is really at his best.  Over the years I have seen Wolverine become a father figure to many other members of the X-Men like Jubilee and to other Marvel heroes like the Black Widow & more importantly develop leadership skills.  I loved it when he had a leadership role in the Wolverine & X-Men animated series & in X-Men Evolution.  Wolverine just being written as a tough guy is really not that interesting.  Of course, once Wolverine unleashes the animal inside of him, he is the best there is at what he does and what he does isn't very nice.  Wolverine has made many friends over the years, but there is only four people he completely trusts.  They are Nick Fury, Steve Rogers, Jean Grey, & Peter Parker.  Jean Grey has stated that Wolverine can be your greatest ally or your worst nightmare if you ever decide to double-cross him  I have really enjoyed most of the X-Men movies and I know there are people who to fond of Hugh Jackman still being Wolverine.  Let me just say this, it is best to relate to the character through his personality and personal experiences than his height and weight.  In my mind, Hugh JACKMAN IS WOLVERINE!!!  He has done a great job in bringing the character to life on the big screen.  Jackman does a nice a very nice job in showcasing the characteristics of Wolverine in the movies.  I know there are a lot of people out there who think Wolverine is unkillable, that is not actually true, Wolverine has died plenty of times before (Spider-Verse storyline, Days of Future Past).  In his earlier years, Wolverine's healing powers were only strong enough heal minor cuts and burns before the writers decided to increase it to near-omnipotent levels.  Despite that though, there is a metal called Carbonadium that is capable of slowing the speeds of superhuman healing factors, Wolverine can be drowned, & and there is a weapon known as the Muramasa Blade that can nullify superhuman healing factors.  Plus, Wolverine's adamantium skeleton poisons him.  Without his adamantium skeleton, the speed and strength of his healing factor rise to incalculable levels.  Wolverine is without question a beast of a fighter due to the fact that he has successfully mastered every fighting style known to man.   Wolverine is also intelligent.  He is a very good tactician, highly skilled in engineering and piloting, outstanding multi linguist, a superb tracker, & a very good master of disguise.  His rivalry with Sabretooth is without question epic, bloody, gorey, & legendary.  Sabretooth is in many ways the polar opposite of Wolverine or should I was before AXIS.  Sabretooth was more savage, bloodlusted than Wolverine.  That is the one reason that made their rivalry great not their powers.

• Upvote 2

Wolverine.thumb.jpg.58114b54aba28ca148e3

James "Logan" Howlett aka the Wolverine

Widely regarded as the ultimate badass of the Marvel Universe.  One of my personal favorites since I watched the 1992 X-Men animated series.  He is without a doubt in my mind my favorite X-Man.  Wolverine is my 4th favorite character in comics, my second my favorite character in the Marvel Universe, & my personal favorite anti-hero.  I can definitely say that he is one of the many other characters that is being overused, overexposed, & overrated the most by fans and social media.  Out of all my favorite characters, I find his origin the most interesting.  I mostly love Wolverine for his character than his powers.  Yes, his powers are cool especially his borderline god-like healing powers.  I love his characters because he is type of person that is willing to turn his life around.  As much as he did not really like Cyclops, he looked up to him as a more positive inspirational figure.  When Wolverine becomes more human, humane, & tame that is where the character is really at his best.  Over the years I have seen Wolverine become a father figure to many other members of the X-Men like Jubilee and to other Marvel heroes like the Black Widow & more importantly develop leadership skills.  I loved it when he had a leadership role in the Wolverine & X-Men animated series & in X-Men Evolution.  Wolverine just being written as a tough guy is really not that interesting.  Of course, once Wolverine unleashes the animal inside of him, he is the best there is at what he does and what he does isn't very nice.  Wolverine has made many friends over the years, but there is only four people he completely trusts.  They are Nick Fury, Steve Rogers, Jean Grey, & Peter Parker.  Jean Grey has stated that Wolverine can be your greatest ally or your worst nightmare if you ever decide to double-cross him  I have really enjoyed most of the X-Men movies and I know there are people who to fond of Hugh Jackman still being Wolverine.  Let me just say this, it is best to relate to the character through his personality and personal experiences than his height and weight.  In my mind, Hugh JACKMAN IS WOLVERINE!!!  He has done a great job in bringing the character to life on the big screen.  Jackman does a nice a very nice job in showcasing the characteristics of Wolverine in the movies.  I know there are a lot of people out there who think Wolverine is unkillable, that is not actually true, Wolverine has died plenty of times before (Spider-Verse storyline, Days of Future Past).  In his earlier years, Wolverine's healing powers were only strong enough heal minor cuts and burns before the writers decided to increase it to near-omnipotent levels.  Despite that though, there is a metal called Carbonadium that is capable of slowing the speeds of superhuman healing factors, Wolverine can be drowned, & and there is a weapon known as the Muramasa Blade that can nullify superhuman healing factors.  Plus, Wolverine's adamantium skeleton poisons him.  Without his adamantium skeleton, the speed and strength of his healing factor rise to incalculable levels.  Wolverine is without question a beast of a fighter due to the fact that he has successfully mastered every fighting style known to man.   Wolverine is also intelligent.  He is a very good tactician, highly skilled in engineering and piloting, outstanding multi linguist, a superb tracker, & a very good master of disguise.  His rivalry with Sabretooth is without question epic, bloody, gorey, & legendary.  Sabretooth is in many ways the polar opposite of Wolverine or should I was before AXIS.  Sabretooth was more savage, bloodlusted than Wolverine.  That is the one reason that made their rivalry great not their powers.

​Defiantly one of as well and didn't even know his adamantium slowed his healing factor... well the more you know 

• Upvote 1

​Defiantly one of as well and didn't even know his adamantium slowed his healing factor... well the more you know 

​I am glad you are enjoying this series just as much as I am.  Oh, please check out my latest rant on superheroes & killing.

Eddie_Brock.thumb.jpg.ad79f080a2ac35f605

Edward Charles Brock aka the Original Venom

One of my personal favorite anti-heroes and my personal favorite Spider-man villain.  I will agree that the symbiotes are one of the most overused & overexposed characters in comics.  When Eddie Brock was Venom, IMO he was the best villain for Spidey because he was not about world domination nor destruction, he was all about making Peter's life a living hell like a big bad bully.  Yes, the Green Goblin killed Ben Reilly & Gwen Stacy, but once Eddie Brock bonded with the Klyntar, he did not only get Spidey's powers but also his entire personal history.  Out of all Spidey's villains, Eddie pushed Peter to the limit the most, not just physically, but also spiritually and mentally.  He can go up Peter without setting off his Spider-Sense without using chemically enhanced gases.  Venom can do that because since Peter bonded with the Klyntar, his Spider-Sense identifies the creature as "himself."  I will admit I was a bit broken when he gave up the mantle of Venom.  Then of course, you've had three people take the mantle of Venom.  They are Angelo Fortunato, Mac Gargan aka the Scorpion, & currently Flash Thompson.  If I was to choose the best out of the three, I would say Flash Thompson.  Angelo Fortunato made Venom look like a coward & Mac Gargan made Venom too savage and monstrous for my taste.  Flash Thompson's Venom is more human which is great.  As much as I utterly despise OMD, BND, OMIT, I did like some of the ideas after those stories and one of them being Eddie Brock becoming Anti-Venom.  I looked at the Anti-Venom concept as a redemption for Eddie Brock to turn his life around.  As Toxin, I'm like "meh."  Once I saw his return in the first issue of the Renew Your Vows story, I'm like "Best moment in Spider-man history in like forever."  Eddie Brock IMM will always being Venom.    

• Upvote 1

Ben_Reilly.thumb.jpg.45b2290ec8294caaadb

Ben Reilly the original Scarlet Spider

The second clone of Spider-Man, the most popular and the most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal.  I wish he stayed around in the mainstream a bit longer.  I absolutely loved his Spider-Man costume and his original design of the Scarlet Spider costume, & his inventions of impact webbing and stingers.  I know the Clone Saga is a highly controversial storyline but he was one of the best things about it including Kaine which I will talk about later.  The best part of the Clone Saga IMO was his fight with the original Venom, Eddie Brock.  For those who remember, every time Peter takes on Venom, Venom is able to take him on without setting off Spider-Sense.  However, when Venom fought Ben Reilly he did not have that same success.  Here's why: 1. Peter was cloned before he bonded with the symbiote.  Ben Reilly first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 149 October 1975.  The Venom symbiote (or Klyntar) first appeared in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Vol 1 8 December, 1984.  If I'm not mistaken that is a nine year difference.  2. The symbiote only has a physical connection with the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker not the clone, Ben Reilly, so therefore Ben's Spider-Sense can do whatever the hell it wants to Venom.  If Brock tries to do the same stuff to Ben as he does to Peter, his tactics would be screwed faster than a drunken hoe.  The one thing that truly gave Venom the advantage over Spider-Man was his ability to be undetectable to his Spider-Sense, but once he fought Ben, he no longer had that advantage.  I'd recommend checking out that fight and please feel free in giving me your thoughts.  In many ways I loved his "return" in the Spider-Verse story but he was from an elseworld where he took the mantle of Spider-Man when Peter lost his powers.  Overall Ben Reilly is an awesome character and I really miss him a lot.

Ben_Reilly.thumb.jpg.45b2290ec8294caaadb

Ben Reilly the original Scarlet Spider

The second clone of Spider-Man, the most popular and the most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal.  I wish he stayed around in the mainstream a bit longer.  I absolutely loved his Spider-Man costume and his original design of the Scarlet Spider costume, & his inventions of impact webbing and stingers.  I know the Clone Saga is a highly controversial storyline but he was one of the best things about it including Kaine which I will talk about later.  The best part of the Clone Saga IMO was his fight with the original Venom, Eddie Brock.  For those who remember, every time Peter takes on Venom, Venom is able to take him on without setting off Spider-Sense.  However, when Venom fought Ben Reilly he did not have that same success.  Here's why: 1. Peter was cloned before he bonded with the symbiote.  Ben Reilly first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 149 October 1975.  The Venom symbiote (or Klyntar) first appeared in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Vol 1 8 December, 1984.  If I'm not mistaken that is a nine year difference.  2. The symbiote only has a physical connection with the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker not the clone, Ben Reilly, so therefore Ben's Spider-Sense can do whatever the hell it wants to Venom.  If Brock tries to do the same stuff to Ben as he does to Peter, his tactics would be screwed faster than a drunken hoe.  The one thing that truly gave Venom the advantage over Spider-Man was his ability to be undetectable to his Spider-Sense, but once he fought Ben, he no longer had that advantage.  I'd recommend checking out that fight and please feel free in giving me your thoughts.  In many ways I loved his "return" in the Spider-Verse story but he was from an elseworld where he took the mantle of Spider-Man when Peter lost his powers.  Overall Ben Reilly is an awesome character and I really miss him a lot.

​Never heard of this character but now I know

Kaine_Parker.thumb.jpg.368a66dbd12337e34

Kaine Parker, the current Scarlet Spider.

The first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal and the most powerful clone of Spider-Man.  One of my personal favorite anti-heroes.  I have stated before the Ben and Kaine were one of the things I liked about the Clone Saga.  Kaine's original powers were far greater than Ben's and Peter's combined (well in many ways they still are).  His original strength was 4x greater than the combined strength of Ben and Peter combined.  He was durable enough to survive an explosion as if he was Superman and his Spider-Sense was strong enough to predict the future (no joke).  He used to unsheathe two bone claws out of the back of his hands like Wolverine.  However, he still has this unique ability called Mark of Kaine where he super charges the adhesion powers in his hands to enable him to put a huge burning scar on a person's face.  In his early years, he was a more darker and grittier Peter Parker and a cold-blooded remorseless killer.  After the Spider-Island storyline, he was cured of cellular degeneration and developed a personality similar to that of Peter's and that is awesome.  Peter despite his flaws is a kindhearted and compassionate person.  Even though Kaine hunted both Peter and Ben down, he admired and respected Peter for being a good person.  Kaine became more tame, humanized, & humane.  In his Scarlet Spider series, Kaine was finally having a life where he can be able to achieve happiness.  In his series, Kaine developed strong levels of humanity and compassion.  Plus, there were times where I saw him act like a superhero.  IMO, he did a better job in redeeming himself than Otto Octavius when he became the Superior Spider-Man.  I did like the part where he got enhanced by the Other (a demi cosmic entity that once enhanced Peter).  I loved it when the writers gave him the ability to biologically spin and produce organic webbing like Peter used to do in the Sam Raimi films.  I wish the writers allowed him to keep his Spider-Sense but at a level similar to that of Peter's and Ben's.  I had no problem with his original strength level which was measured to be at least 60 tons.  Now it is measured at 40 tons approximately.  It is been stated by some websites that say he does have Peter's intelligence, but some sites say he doesn't which I do not know why.  Overall Kaine is an awesome character and he deserves a hell lot more attention and respect than he deserves (personally a lot more than Frank Castle).  

Edited by MDCFAN101
Needed to add more info
  • Upvote 1

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,

Sorry about the long delay.  The next character I am going to talk about is:

Hal_Jordan.thumb.jpg.e9aeaed6d52bb041145

Hal Jordan, the Silver age Green Lantern

One of my personal favorite characters from DC, comics in general, & my personal favorite Green Lantern.  I will admit it despite its flaws, I did enjoy the Green Lantern movie that starred Ryan Reynolds.  He possesses a Boy Scout mentality rivaling Superman's.  I love everything about his character, despite though I was not too big on him becoming Parallax.  Though I did like him becoming the Spectre.  IMO, will is the greatest power and ability of all because it drives all humans beings to do the things that want to do and need to do (even though they might be bad).  Will is the true source of strength.  From what I saw, I loved his animated series and personally Josh Keaton did a great job voicing the character.  To me, the Green Lantern Corps is an awesome superhero team.  I do like his relationship with Carol Ferris.  I would love to see them as a married couple.  Some of his villains other than Sinestro are interesting like Atrocitus (that dude is a badass motherfucker).  I hope this movie reboot gives audiences a better perception of him.

• Upvote 1

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,

Iceman.thumb.jpg.0752257ae8b3150e5184142

Robert "Bobby" Drake aka the Iceman

One of my favorite X-Men characters.  IMO he is a badass.  For those of you who do not know, Iceman is classified as an Omega-Level Mutant.  To me, that is awesome all the power to him.  Recently in the comics, a possibility has been revealed that Booby might be gay or bisexual because his past self is gay.  IMO, I DO NOT CARE!!!!  EVEN THOUGH I AM OPPOSED TO THE LEGALIZATION OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGE, I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCES!!!  IF PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE THAT, THEN FUCK THEM, AND IF THEY DARE HARM THEM, THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP AND INSTITUTIONALIZED FOR THE REST OF THEIR NATURAL LIVES!!!  BOBBY DRAKE WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITES!!!  Iceman is a legendary character for a lot of reasons (one being the production he has done in the superhero community).  When I read comics, watch movies, cartoons, anime, and play video games, I don't focus on the characters' sexuality nor sexual preference, I focus on the character itself, who the characters are as individuals.  HELL, many of my favorite Hollywood celebrities are gay such as Ian Mckellen & Neil Patrick Harris.  People's sexual preferences have never stopped me from liking them.  I do love his portrayal in the movies.  I think his portrayal in movies are done very nicely.  Anyway, Iceman is awesome, he is funny/comical, a great character in general IMO.

• Upvote 1