The King of Hate Forums
SDF1

Punk Music

I actually don't think i have heard of them i would have to look for those. I also listen to 7 seconds and some Minor Threat 

I saw 7 seconds several years ago with Circle Jerks and Municipal Waste. Fun show, Keith Morris, was annoying talks was too fucking much. 

All the 80s punk/hardcore rules, but there so many great new bands coming out, especially out of New York, Los Angeles, Austin, fuck so many place putting out amazing stuff recently. 

I've never liked punk music much. I've enjoyed some pop-punk over the years like Blink 182 etc, but stuff like NoFX and Rancid just does nothing for me. 

linkin park is more like a punk rap band

There's absolutely nothing "punk" about Linkin Park. They were a part of the massive Nu Metal movement in the early 2000's, although their music these days is more alternative rock than anything metal related.

There's absolutely nothing "punk" about Linkin Park. They were a part of the massive Nu Metal movement in the early 2000's, although their music these days is more alternative rock than anything metal related.

I have 3 of their albums and saw them live with Rise Against. How are they not punk? I don't think you know what punk is

I have 3 of their albums and saw them live with Rise Against. How are they not punk? I don't think you know what punk is

What does you owning 3 of their albums and watching them live have to do with the genre?

This is punk:

Does this sound anything like Linkin Park? I have been playing guitar since I was 14, been in various bands etc. I'm fairly well versed in genre definitions. One of the reasons why I dislike punk, it's painfully easy to play and thus quite boring.

Linkin Park came up during the Nu Metal craze alongside bands like Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Korn, Deftones etc. They obviously don't all sound exactly the same, but the similarities are quite obvious. As I said though, Linkin Park have moved away from that now though and generally just produce woeful alternative rock.

Edited by Wanglord

Punk is hugely fragmented genre, from early UK punk, proto punk, hardcore, anarchopunk, powerviolence, post punk, and then later pop punk, blah blah blah. Its a huge genre. But Wanglord is right, Linking Park has never played or been a part of the punk movement or any of its related genres. The plain old alternative rock label probably works best, even calling them numetal seems to make much more sense than calling the punk. 

Edited by GAYKISS