Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

16170 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Thats weird it came on for me 

It didn't for me. Nothing but Repo-Games for five hours straight. 

haha, this is great

I'm going to sit down and finally play Farpoint today on PSVR, everyone says it's amazing.

Edited by KGhaleon

On 5/19/2017 at 0:05 PM, KingBunghole said:

MHA this week only covered one chapter, but I'm not sure if anime-only viewers noticed since it covered so many fights. This was a rare case where I thought it was good to stretch the content out. Momo vs. Tokoyami was only a single panel in the manga, and Ashido vs. Aoyama wasn't much better. Extending the fights was not only entertaining, it gave us a better sense of their personalities. The studio once again chose to emphasize Mineta's perviness by adding anime-original remarks, which I enjoyed, but some people thought his obsessiveness already crossed a line in the manga.

This was a good comic relief episode. More Monoma trolling, Deku mumbling, a hardening mirror match, and of course, Iida VS. Hatsume. This was one of my favorite silly fights in the manga. It played out like a comedy duo with the straight-laced guy being manipulated by an opportunist.  

Next week should be a good match. 

I really liked the episode a lot, seeing the other students fight was a treat since we saw more into their powers. Especially with tokoyami vs momo since he just pushed her out of bounds which showed how much he was able to exploit her quirk against him. Dekus mumbling was probably my favorite part of the episode especially since bakugo looked like he was getting extremely annoyed. Ochako vs Bakugo should be interesting since her quirk could give him a lot of trouble though with how aggressive he is it might be difficult for her to win.

Speaking of which, I had ordered Robinson the journey for PSVR and it was supposed to arrive last weekend. Called them and made sure my current address was on it. Checked this morning and they apparently sent it back. Dumb f***s.

Wow, Farpoint is definitely the most intense PSVR game yet. Almost non stop shooting between story events.

Am I call of duty now?

:edit: Finished it, pretty top tier VR game. Story is nothing special if you've watched Interstellar though.

Edited by KGhaleon

On 5/19/2017 at 1:53 PM, SilentWarrior25 said:

YES!

I raise you a

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

Im thinking of getting Persona 5 

It looks really cool If it wasn't a playstation exclusive I would have gotten it. It says it is for PS3 as well. So might concider dusting that off...

2 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

It looks really cool If it wasn't a playstation exclusive I would have gotten it. It says it is for PS3 as well. So might concider dusting that off...

I decided to get it lol 

43 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

can you get me a copy? PS3 or PS4, doesnt matter.

hey Darksphere is alive

Also just beat Night in the woods, pretty damn weird ending but good game. Starting a second playthrough for Gregg's route next.

1 hour ago, Darksphere92 said:

can you get me a copy? PS3 or PS4, doesnt matter.

Sorry bro just had enough for the 1 

3:42 is an interesting thought. I can't entirely agree with his thinking but I understand the sentiment. 

In some sense--usually when in relates to prophecy--"the chosen one" is a tired trope in fiction. However, many of the stories that command our interest are about an MC with a special skill or mindset. By virtue of their position in the story, they will inevitably get focus as the person with the sexiest potential unless the story has an ensemble cast. Something similar to the "chosen one" narrative not only feels inevitable (whether it's the MC getting special mentors, powers, ideal conditions to flourish, chance encounters with important people, and so on), but it feels more genuine if you're not persuaded by "self-made man" narratives.  

That being said, there are quite a few stories that go overboard in terms of how special the MC is. This is a particular problem in action anime, where the MC eventually becomes such a brute force monster that everyone else becomes "That Person Not As Useful As The MC," and you wonder why there are characters with more subtle powers. 

By all means, show the progress of the action hero, but let other characters retain usefulness in other spheres. This is part of the message I think Dave Meslin is getting at. Yes, some people are going to be perceived as having a sexier skill set than others, but that doesn't mean other characters can't be important leaders in their own niche.  

There's been a big explosion at Manchester at the end of a Ariana Grande concert. Over 20 dead and close to at least 100 people injured. I hope this was all just an accident but it seems like this was a planned explosion. I'm hoping this does not get any worse and that the people currently either heading home or going to the hospital make it out ok. And I feel really bad for the kids that were there, they're gonna be traumatized for some time :sad:

2 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

There's been a big explosion at Manchester at the end of a Ariana Grande concert. Over 20 dead and close to at least 100 people injured. I hope this was all just an accident but it seems like this was a planned explosion. I'm hoping this does not get any worse and that the people currently either heading home or going to the hospital make it out ok. And I feel really bad for the kids that were there, they're gonna be traumatized for some time :sad:

Probably that religion of peace again.

Gitroo man has some pretty damn good music. Really like the UFO stage theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8-4K5Q0Zc8

DAdAiTTXgAIP-CH.jpg

Edited by KGhaleon

On 5/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, KGhaleon said:

hey Darksphere is alive

Also just beat Night in the woods, pretty damn weird ending but good game. Starting a second playthrough for Gregg's route next.

shouldnt you be more shocked that this forum is still alive?

Who the fuck targets a concert full of children?

Manchester is my hometown and have been to that arena many times, shocking.

*MHA manga spoilers past the 6:40 mark, Naruto spoilers everywhere*

Sometimes I wonder if Mother's Basement and I have watched the same series. There's too much to disagree with in this video.

Spoiler

In MHA, One For All is a legacy power much like the Nine-Tailed Fox is. In fact, there's an even stronger emphasis that it is because each new user contributes to its growth, so those users are merely the beneficiary of their predecessors' power (even if they have to train their body to handle 100% power output, it's still an absurdly advantageous inheritance). One considerable difference between the two series is the thematic consistency of the "hard work versus inheritance" idea. In MHA, Deku acknowledges that he's been blessed and has a debt of gratitude to those who have helped him. Part 1 Naruto, on the other hand, has a theme about hard work catching up to genius, but that's thrown out the window in Shippuden because it turns out that god genes beat everything else, and you're generally not going to be a top tier ninja unless you're from very specific bloodlines (genes actually do matter a lot, but my point is, Kishimoto threw out his focus).

The whole libertarian versus communist discussion feels gratuitous. But if I were to humor thinking in these terms, MHA wouldn't regulate Quirks so heavily if it were a more libertarian series. Mother's Basement attempts to say that the Quirk one inherits isn't as important to success as the drive to succeed, but he says this while showing footage of the stretchy eyeballs guy. Also, he says jutsu are generally borrowed but Quirks are unique, but Quirks are actually inherited from parents, such that the child will either have one of the parents' Quirks or some composite of the two. In both cases there's some kind of hand-me-down, even if they alter the powers to suit their own needs. 

The popularity and values-shifting discussion is him over-thinking it. Naruto has ended, while MHA is current and picking up steam but isn't close to what the former achieved yet. 

Here's a better video. Best You Say Run remix I've heard so far. 

Edited by KingBunghole