The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

Back to Gears of War on Insane. The floorboards part in Act 3 is stupid, and Dom can get in your way while not taking the hint to shove aside. I enjoy maneuvering him ever so slightly so that he breaks the floorboards and gets violated by the monsters below. 

I don't consider Uncharted a whack-a-mole series (as I recall, the AI will not readily pop up if you just leave the reticle at the spot where their head would next appear). But in Gears 1, you do get more of that sense. The focus here is slanted more towards shooting skill than tactical sense, where making your shots count is more of the battle than choosing your spots wisely. I rarely use melee too. Curb stomp seems like more of a novelty than anything you'd want to aim for consistently (aiming for the legs instead of the head). Chainsaw can be interrupted if shot. 

Edited by KingBunghole

About 4 hours into Darksiders 3 on Apocalyptic difficulty.  I don't get the bad/middling reviews as I'm really liking it so far.  Love the design of Fury; her hair changing colors, her Wrath and Havoc (?) forms, animations are all great. Going back to earlier areas to explore previously inaccessible areas is  fun and rewarding.  The story is so-so and the dialog is often goofy, voice acting is mostly good though I keep thinking the Watcher is Kerrigan from Starcraft.

Overall I enjoy the combat but Fury feels incredibly weak. I get that obviously on the hardest difficulty HP and damage will be skewed against you but when peon enemies 3 shot you but require 5-6 hits it's a bit much.  I'm fine with being a glass canon but she feels more like a glass peashooter. I've heard that people playing on other difficulties feel the same regarding HP/damage.  Also, dodge timing is REALLY tight. A dev confirmed that lower difficulties have more i-frames and higher difficulties have less.  This would normally be fine but your dodge distance low and there's a pretty big delay before you can do it again. This means it's difficult to avoid attacks by creating enough distance, and multiple enemies will destroy you. 

The comparisons to Dark Souls are annoying. Yes, you drop your souls when you die. Yes you use souls as both XP and currency. Yes, it's difficult and you'll die often. The combat however is not at all like Dark Souls. It's more like Bloodborne but even that is a big stretch. If I were to compare it to anything it would be PS2/PS3 era God of War. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:40 PM, sateler96 said:

i think it's time we nuke Hollywood. 

edit: anybody got a 25 kill steak? we need you over in Hollywood.

Edited by Darksphere92

Gonna be playing Warframe on the switch all weekend, just grinding warframes like the damn Frost that is taking forever to build.

Since I'm messing around in MMOs I checked and my FF14 character is still active, might go back to that one of these days.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:13 PM, Darksphere92 said:

i think it's time we nuke Hollywood. 

edit: anybody got a 25 kill steak? we need you over in Hollywood.

I showed u my syrup answer me

Ds9F58TWkBEygF-.jpg

I'm thinking of allowing VR Games into the 2018 UVGB.  Also, December 10th-ish sounds like a good start for the Ultimate Video Games Battle since Smash is stated to be the last big release on the 7th.  The schedule for the 2018 UVGB would be:

1st Round - December 10-13th

2nd Round - December 13th-16th

3rd Round - December 16th-19th

Quarterfinals - December 19th-21st

Semifinals - December 21st-23rd

Third Place - December 23rd-25th

Finals - December 25th-28th

• Upvote 1

New post-apocalyptic Far cry announced, sounds cool. We'll probably see more footage at the game awards tonight. It should be good since the last several games were.

Game awards starts shortly, getting hyped.

Especially since I bet money against someone that Beat saber won't be the top PSVR game.

haha, MonHun world is best RPG? I forgot that game was an RPG.

Oh, RDR2 is basically winning all the awards.

Edited by KGhaleon

Really? They are making Marvel ultimate alliance 3 an exclusive on the Switch. I am positive the majority of people owning the switch do not care that MUA3 is a switch exclusive. WTF?!?!?!?!

Persona 5 announced for Smash...what the fucking I'm dying.

Smash ultimate comes out in 10 minutes so I'm gonna go play through the World of light campaign for a few hours. Expecting good things.

Edited by KGhaleon

1 hour ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

So, God of War won GOTY.  Thoughts?

Unexpected, I thought RDR2 was going to take everything. Good.

Man I'm rusty or something, because world of light in smash is kicking my ass. Especially some of the stages where you fight three or more enemies.

The number of collectables made me sweat a bit. Little angry that I ran into bowser but lost him.

Ok, so Persona 5's Joker being in smash is amazing (plus we now have the announcer being a fighter since Xander voices both of them XD ). This just makes me more excited as to what crazy things Nintendo are gonna pull outta their asses for DLC characters.

• Like 1

Sonicfox's speech at the game awards last night, I'm still trying to process what to say about that.

Not surprised at all that he brought his fursuit.

You could tell by the audience members faces that they didn't know wtf was going on.

Oh, XBone has an exclusive DMC5 demo? Guess it's time to check it out. 

V's play style looks... weird. Not very hands on besides the occasional cane slapping. 

8 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Sonicfox's speech at the game awards last night, I'm still trying to process what to say about that.

Not surprised at all that he brought his fursuit.

You could tell by the audience members faces that they didn't know wtf was going on.

What was the gist of his speech?

On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 AM, GuessWhat said:

What was the gist of his speech?

There's videos of it, look it up.

Started playing Spider man this weekend after getting it from the sales. Pretty damn fun so far, the Stan lee cameo in the restaurant was sad seeing how he passed away since this game initially came out. Between Spider man, Warframe and Smash ultimate I got way too much to play in the coming weeks.

51 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

There's videos of it, look it up.

Started playing Spider man this weekend after getting it from the sales. Pretty damn fun so far, the Stan lee cameo in the restaurant was sad seeing how he passed away since this game initially came out. Between Spider man, Warframe and Smash ultimate I got way too much to play in the coming weeks.

I wish I didn't. I am going to post it though so everyone else can suffer.

• Like 1

Resident evil 2 remake looks incredible, I can't wait until we get it next month along with KH3.

DtU379xU8AIQSlF.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, GuessWhat said:

Really? They are making Marvel ultimate alliance 3 an exclusive on the Switch. I am positive the majority of people owning the switch do not care that MUA3 is a switch exclusive. WTF?!?!?!?!

I feel you man.  Still, we are getting a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.