The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I saw Phil finished DMC5 today, and wanted to see his reaction to that amazing final sequence. I hear, "Who is Kyrie??" and promptly close my browser.

:edit: I checked and he definitely played DMC4. God.

Oh no, Phil doesn't remember stupid shit from all the hundreads of games he played. Oh no, if he misses a stupid event in Subnautica he should just uninstall the game.

What a great fan. Holly shit, stop acting like an ass. Just enjoy Phil playing games. :huh: Who care about some stupid crap and his reaction to it. :dry: There are special let's players specialized on stupid overreactions to stupid stuff. Phil did some funny reactions to certain things, but not anymore thanks to trolls.

Edited by dsfan324

10 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Oh no, Phil doesn't remember stupid shit from all the hundreads of games he played. Oh no, if he misses a stupid event in Subnautica he should just uninstall the game.

What a great fan. Holly shit, stop acting like an ass. Just enjoy Phil playing games. :huh: Who care about some stupid crap and his reaction to it. :dry: There are special let's players specialized on stupid overreactions to stupid stuff. Phil did some funny reactions to certain things, but not anymore thanks to trolls.

Event? I literally told him where the diamonds were.
I know dude, I'm surprised he even remembers who Nero or Dante are.

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I know dude, I'm surprised he even remembers who Nero or Dante are.

He forgets about important things in games he's playing at the moment. Complaining about that he doesn't remember something from games he played years ago is pointless.

Edited by dsfan324

Found this old thread

Everyone is so triggered over a joke and acts like it's a personal attack...

Spoiler

RELAX

Edited by dsfan324

4 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Found this old thread

Reveal hidden contents

RELAX

I don't know if you read the thread, but there are actually more people defending the idea that it was a light hearted joke, than getting upset. Not sure how 'Everyone is so triggered' is applied here.

Well, Maximillian Dood's channel, has just passed one million subscribers.

Congrats to Max and a job well done! And congrats to Matt Simmons and the dood crew, for helping him reach it.:biggrin:

Simmons is doing a retrospective right now, on the yovideogames channel. I'm going back to watch some more.:cool:

13 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Found this old thread

Hide contents

RELAX

I'm sure those folks from 2016 hear you somewhere out in space.

1 minute ago, musicboy said:

Well, Maximillian Dood's channel, has just passed one million subscribers.

Congrats to Max and a job well done! And congrats to Matt Simmons and the dood crew, for helping him reach it.:biggrin:

Simmons is doing a retrospective right now, on the yovideogames channel. I'm going back to watch some more.:cool:

Dude deserves it, last stream I watched was his DMC5 one and it was pretty damn fun with him trying to take down the prologue boss for the secret ending.

Man, I can't believe Sekiro comes out next friday. Gonna try the Captain toad DLC tonight while doing nightwave missions in Warframe.

Despite having finished it and played it to death, I reinstalled Subnautica and kinda did a speedrun tonight. By day 2 or 3 I had already built the Seamoth, got rubies and went to the island to learn the multiroom blueprint so I could get started building a deepsea base right away. Planning to build my base insanely deep under the sea, so I grabbed the blueprint for the bioreactor and water purifier right away. I think the game gives you more radio signals depending on how far you go into construction because I just started getting spammed with almost every radio contact in the game within 10 minutes.

15 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude deserves it, last stream I watched was his DMC5 one and it was pretty damn fun with him trying to take down the prologue boss for the secret ending.

I agree. Big round of applause to him.

Unfortunately, I missed his DMC5 stream.:tongue:

And I agree with his fans. It's kinda hard to believe, his channel didn't hit 1 million subscribers, like years ago.:blink:

Well as the old people say, "better late than never."

Man, I can't believe Sekiro comes out next friday.

Wow! Already? That's cool news.:biggrin:

Gonna try the Captain toad DLC tonight

That's great news. Speaking of Captain Toad, I gotta play it one day.:biggrin:

Edited by musicboy

36 minutes ago, musicboy said:

I agree. Big round of applause to him.

Unfortunately, I missed his DMC5 stream.:tongue:

And I agree with his fans. It's kinda hard to believe, his channel didn't hit 1 million subscribers, like years ago.:blink:

Well as the old people say, "better late than never."

Wow! Already? That's cool news.:biggrin:

That's great news. Speaking of Captain Toad, I gotta play it one day.:biggrin:

Captain toad DLC is pretty fun so far, the new levels are creative. I think they added 18 new ones.

There's much to say about DMC5, but I don't feel like doing an ultra write-up just yet. Short thoughts for now: definitely better than 4 as there's no backtracking as Dante, the characters have a more complete toolset than that game (feels like the game hands out skills like candy after every mission and including the last one, to the point where there's no way you've experimented with everything on your first playthrough), and no weird "smash up objects for your rank" condition. The OG DMC1 has a different sort of appeal than the rest of the series, but is this game better than 3? It's a lot of fun but I actually dunno if it will be remembered as being as good with time. Do you miss Doppelganger, Quicksilver (sort of present but in altered form as one of Nero's Breakers), Nevan, Agni and Rudra, and Spiral? What about Free Ride or Wild Stomp? What about Royal Guard punishing mistimings with damage rather than DT? If you're a purist, you might argue that technically there's still some fun shit in previous games that isn't present here, but Dante and co's new toys are definitely plentiful and interesting. 

The story, while it doesn't matter much in the end, was still better told in 3.  

Spoiler

Both the humor (quotable lines, Jester, Dante's silly feats like using pool balls to attack demons and riding a motorcycle up a tower) and the drama were better executed. I say this half-jokingly, but the theme of "I have a dysfunctional family too" had more resonance. Seeing the legacy of Sparda actually causing tangible harm in the world, and hearing Lady out, felt like a stronger catalyst for Dante going from lackadaisical demon hunter to taking his responsibilities more seriously. Compare that to Nero's miraculous Devil Trigger awakening in this game (apparently he still beats himself up for not being able to protect Credo in part 4), right when he needs it, and the latter just feels rushed and not especially thoughtful. At least from a gameplay perspective we get to use the Devil Bringer and Breaker at the same time (fully upgraded Nero with charged shots, MAX-Act, DT, breakers, and the Devil Bringer is ludicrous). 

Also, Vergil's motivation for being obsessed with power wasn't made completely explicit in past games, but I thought it was because he felt powerless after Eva died, so he came to despise his human half, and never wanted to feel that way again. Perhaps there was a revenge element with him wanting the power to crush the beings that killed his mother.

Here you do get an implication from Dante that his change in character was linked to Eva's death, but his state at the end of the game feels uncertain. Has he gained enough power after eating the Qliphoth fruit? As V he states that he feels remorse for the gravity of his crimes, but what about as Vergil? Does he want to kill Dante now or are they just friendly rivals beating the shit out of each other in Hell? Am I suppose to take him seriously when he says something like "If I beat Nero, then by default I beat you"? What is he trying to prove at this point? That his path was correct and Dante is a fool? 

Are we suppose to believe the sons of Sparda are truly stuck in Hell this time? Haven't they escaped multiple times at this point?

In other news, looks like this game came out under the radar. It still looks cool. You can rewrite the goddamned win conditions. 

Edited by KingBunghole

24 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

Another indie game with shitty graphics that would normally be a free flash game. But now you can buy it on Switch and Steam for $10.

You don't like indie games or something? Not every developer is going to be capable of provide you those AAA graphics.

Nero has new some tricks like double bringer hold, and apparently, Hold is a much more attractive option in this game. It looks exploitable. 

Also, the final boss is weak to lasers. This amuses me. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, KingBunghole said:

In other news, looks like this game came out under the radar. It still looks cool. You can rewrite the goddamned win conditions. 

Wow! It kinda reminds me of Typoman

1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Wow! It kinda reminds me of Typoman

I heard there's some 200+ levels, game uses an interesting concept for its puzzle. Pretty creative use of programming.

Soooo...took my cat for her dental surgery this morning. They give me the estimate and it's apparently going to be somewhere between $1400-$2200. Fucking robbed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

I heard there's some 200+ levels, game uses an interesting concept for its puzzle. Pretty creative use of programming.

Yeah, I agree. It's definitely a creative use of programming indeed.

I definitely want to play though. I think that's why I deliberately, kept far from watching playthroughs of it.:tongue:

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Soooo...took my cat for her dental surgery this morning. They give me the estimate and it's apparently going to be somewhere between $1400-$2200. Fucking robbed.

Poor cat.

Wait,.........$1400-$2200? Dude,........no way!!:blink:

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1

Sat down for a 2 hour DMC5 discussion. I didn't learn a whole lot new about the game, but it was interesting enough to hear the different perspectives and all that. 

1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Poor cat.

Wait,.........$1400-$2200? Dude,........no way!!:blink:

Yep, ended up being about $1300 so eh.

Kitty is back home stumbling all over the place like a drunk because of the drugs. She wasn't allowed to eat before the surgery so when I put food down it was like she hadn't eaten in years.

She's confused af. Shit, she just tripped and knocked her water bowl over.