The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

im going to give Suckiro a 5.0 out of 10. only over hyped because its a From Software game. i hope this Dark Souls fad dies soon.

Dark souls is already over dude.

Just reached the final area of Sekiro tonight and beat the True monk boss, holy shit that's a huge fight. I ended up cheesing it with a strategy people posted about online where you can instantly take 2 of the 3 lifebars away. He still kicked my ass for a bit.

This is my current grinding area in Sekiro, I get about 5K exp per run at the remixed Hirata estate level.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

This is my current grinding area in Sekiro, I get about 5K exp per run at the remixed Hirata estate level.

there's no point in grinding XD

1 hour ago, Darksphere92 said:

there's no point in grinding XD

Sure, if you don't want all the upgrades.

The final area of Sekiro is pretty huge, it actually has some framerate issues when going into the giant lake in the middle. I've been going through the area for the last few hours and just unlocked the ability to increase my strength stat with skill points. This is why you grind. 8)

21 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

The final area of Sekiro is pretty huge, it actually has some framerate issues when going into the giant lake in the middle. I've been going through the area for the last few hours and just unlocked the ability to increase my strength stat with skill points. This is why you grind. 8)

oh i need the dragons mask.. i think i have 1 piece of it 

Apparently Best buy may have accidentally spoiled the fact that Metroid prime trilogy and Zelda LTTP will be coming to Switch.

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

is the last mask piece in the final area?

14 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

What do you guys think about Outward? It doesn't look too bad. 

I got about 4-5 hours in, I feel it's a love-it or hate-it type of game. Main thing is it's a very no-training wheels experience. You have a quest journal but there are no quest markers or even a map marker that shows where you currently are, you need to figure it out based on landmarks, etc. You need to think ahead when you go out to travel as you need food, water, campfire supplies, clothes for heat/cold, healing, etc. So it's one of those games where you need to be careful where you go, what you have, and what you pick fights with as you won't be destroying all your enemies at level 1.

That said, I've not enjoyed it so far. The combat is "meh" at bust, clunky at worst though the spellcasting is cool. The quest log doesn't keep a copy of your conversations with NPCs so unless you have a good memory you'll be writing down directions on how to get to the quest locations. There's loads of walking from one place to another without anything interesting going on or places to explore. I also lost a quest that I was supposed to have 5 days to complete. 3 days in, I died (got "knocked out") by a creature and was brought back to town. When I tried to follow up on that quest it said I had taken too long, despite there being no indications that 2+ days had passed by.

I'll try it again but so far it's a very big "meh". Some people love it though (CohCarnage) so if you're into more slow, deliberate RPGs then check it out.

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

i know of a sentence that triggers KG, Nioh is better then Sekiro

Of course it is.

4 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

is the last mask piece in the final area?

Yep, from the pot noble.

Not sure how many skill points you need to increase your strength stat, I'm guessing 5? I'm still maxing out my skill tree, just got the final skill tree for Mushin last night and it's sick. It uses all the ultimate attacks from each tree and can easily be missed.

The dragon quest movie looks promising, though it's japanese writers so who knows. It could be gold or trash.

Having trouble with the Hirata remix area in Sekiro, the end boss is kicking my ass.

Spoiler

The Owl rematch feels next to impossible, dude is crazy hard compared to the first fight.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

The dragon quest movie looks promising, though it's japanese writers so who knows. It could be gold or trash.

Having trouble with the Hirata remix area in Sekiro, the end boss is kicking my ass.

Reveal hidden contents

The Owl rematch feels next to impossible, dude is crazy hard compared to the first fight.

i restarted Nioh got to the ship boss and defeated him on my 2nd try. tbh this is much easier then i remember, also it might be due to me actually getting skills...that i didnt know about in my 1st failed playthrough.

Sekiro really ramps up toward the end, just reached the giant fire beast and got stomped pretty hard. That's just a Bloodborne boss.

Besides some optional fights with ghosts and such, all my paths lead to three different bosses which are all hard as shit.

1 hour ago, Darksphere92 said:

i restarted Nioh got to the ship boss and defeated him on my 2nd try. tbh this is much easier then i remember, also it might be due to me actually getting skills...that i didnt know about in my 1st failed playthrough.

Nioh gets much harder later, about as hard as Sekiro.

The DLCs took some real effort to beat.

12 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

He's way easier when you understand him and the game. IIRC he's also fairly easy to run out of stamina (or the demon equivalent) and you can go ham on him. 

Man, Nioh's combat really is above and beyond all other Souls-like games. The satisfaction of learning a weapon, swapping between stances depending on the situation, doing ki-pulses, etc during fights is just so satisfying. I honestly don't think From has the ability to match that. There were definitely some imbalances (mid-stance Spear is/was OP, Spin-to-Win Axe was broken AF against at least some bosses) but the different options mostly felt well defined with trade-offs.

Compare that with Sekiro which is, if we're honest, Parry Simulator 2019.  They took a cool notion (enemy poise and death blows) but built almost the entire premise around memorizing enemy movesets and parrying/countering. Shit, a lot of the time, even against some/many bosses, it's safest to spam attack until the enemy parries, do your parry/spear step/jump kick/dodge, repeat. You can just wait for them to do an unblockable but it's far more consistent to just R1 spam until they do their 1 or 2 set counters then counter-attack.

In 6-12 months, I think all but the most entrenched fanboys will admit that Sekiro is the most shallow combat system From has made since Dark Souls 1. Sure it's flashy but when you break it down to what usually (not always) works it's just spamming R1, countering, and death blows. No real build options, no different weapons, no armor choices, no stat choices, no magic system.  You have the prosthetic which has a few situationally useful modes (firecrackers OP) and combat arts (LOL) but those are no replacement for the options you had in even Dark Souls 1.

I think Sekiro is a good game and I still need to finish it, but there's too much "Meh" in with the good. With Bloodborne and the Souls games, I was always eager to get back in. I've not played Sekiro in like 2 weeks and my desire to pick it back up is minimal. 

EDIT: Accidental double post

Edited by VertigoTeaparty
Double post
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

He's way easier when you understand him and the game. IIRC he's also fairly easy to run out of stamina (or the demon equivalent) and you can go ham on him. 

Man, Nioh's combat really is above and beyond all other Souls-like games. The satisfaction of learning a weapon, swapping between stances depending on the situation, doing ki-pulses, etc during fights is just so satisfying. I honestly don't think From has the ability to match that. There were definitely some imbalances (mid-stance Spear is/was OP, Spin-to-Win Axe was broken AF against at least some bosses) but the different options mostly felt well defined with trade-offs.

Compare that with Sekiro which is, if we're honest, Parry Simulator 2019.  They took a cool notion (enemy poise and death blows) but built almost the entire premise around memorizing enemy movesets and parrying/countering. Shit, a lot of the time, even against some/many bosses, it's safest to spam attack until the enemy parries, do your parry/spear step/jump kick/dodge, repeat. You can just wait for them to do an unblockable but it's far more consistent to just R1 spam until they do their 1 or 2 set counters then counter-attack.

In 6-12 months, I think all but the most entrenched fanboys will admit that Sekiro is the most shallow combat system From has made since Dark Souls 1. Sure it's flashy but when you break it down to what usually (not always) works it's just spamming R1, countering, and death blows. No real build options, no different weapons, no armor choices, no stat choices, no magic system.  You have the prosthetic which has a few situationally useful modes (firecrackers OP) and combat arts (LOL) but those are no replacement for the options you had in even Dark Souls 1.

I think Sekiro is a good game and I still need to finish it, but there's too much "Meh" in with the good. With Bloodborne and the Souls games, I was always eager to get back in. I've not played Sekiro in like 2 weeks and my desire to pick it back up is minimal. 

EDIT: Accidental double post

be amazing if Nioh 2 was a better version of Sekiro and doesn't fully relies on parrying 24/7

18 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

be amazing if Nioh 2 was a better version of Sekiro and doesn't fully relies on parrying 24/7

What I hope Nioh 2 improves on:

1) Enemy variety

2) No more loot rain. Drastically lower the amount of loot obtained and increase the chances it's better. 

3) Make skills work on almost all enemies. Avoid skills that only work on a small number of enemies you'll actually fight (ie backstab only working on humans)

4) Streamline the magic/ninjitsu system. Not sure how to do this on console but using even just a few spells became a royal PITA.

5) PC on release plzzzz

6) Once the Nightmare mode or whatever unlocks, just let me do it. Don't make it RNG day based.

4 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

What I hope Nioh 2 improves on:

2) No more loot rain. Drastically lower the amount of loot obtained and increase the chances it's better.

this make it seems like Dark Souls + Diablo.

also i hope for Stealth that is optional, and the dodging remains the same, the blocking/parrying from Sekiro but you dont have to use it if you dont want to.

make exp vary like killing an enemy with a headshot via arrow or bullet will lend you more exp, the less armor you have on the more EXP you get for killing an enemy, using an underpowered weapon will give you more exp.

a Magic system Dark Souls was close, but at the sametime it didnt really have shit for Magic users.

being able to pause, idk how much money if takes to make a pause menu but Dark Souls 1-3 BB, and even Nioh 1 failed on this.

more open world, platforming.

Sekiro is a great game, but for one playthrough. After that there's not enough variety to require multiple playthroughs because aside from Prosthetics there aren't different weapons you can use. It's a one and done game.

And I'm pretty sure there was lots of parrying in Nioh, especially against the more hardass bosses.

Applied at some new jobs today, so hopefully I'll get one of them.

She's basically right lol 

The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day are the only good films in the franchise the other ones are forgettable to horrible 

3 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Well, GG PSVR. You had a good run.

I'm getting Labo VR now.

1 minute ago, AreaWolf said:

Enjoy your headache and your hurting arms from holding this thing up to your face.

I think that calling that contraption/thing 'Virtual Reality' is slightly disingenuous.

Still, if you really want it, KGhaleon, have fun with it!

Edited by MoraMoria