The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

1 hour ago, dsfan324 said:

I think it's more about that he doesn't want to play the game than about the money. He has to play it so obviously he wants something he'll enjoy.

He didnt enjoy Sekiro to the point he cheesed it. Money plays a big factor. I understand if he doeent want to play a game, but just because the game got mediocre scores shouldnt justify it you goibg back not only on your word, but disregarding a poll. Homefront Redemption or whatever is a bad game. It didnt stop him from playing it and getting a 1,000,000 viewed video because he didnt enjoy it.

Entertainment is everything.

Boxboy/girl came out today so I grabbed a copy since it's so cheap. It's a pretty fun puzzle game, some really clever puzzles in later stages. I can't even figure out how to get some of the collectables yet, my brain hurt.

8 hours ago, LabRatAttack said:

He didnt enjoy Sekiro to the point he cheesed it.

He knew Sekiro would bring viewers and donations.

Homefront Redemption or whatever is a bad game. It didnt stop him from playing it

Like he said that was back then on YT when he could play whatever and get views.

Money plays a big factor. I understand if he doeent want to play a game, but just because the game got mediocre scores shouldnt justify it you goibg back not only on your word, but disregarding a poll.

Of course and that's why DG is a problem. Donations will be dry for some time after people got so butthurt over CT. He can't start a 60h game that people won't be interested in. It's your usual cinematic open world walking simulator. But this time it has low scores and people don't care about the game. Scores don't reflect the quality of games but how much people are hyped for it.

5 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

He can't start a 60h game that people won't be interested in. It's your usual cinematic open world walking simulator. But this time it has low scores and people don't care about the game. Scores don't reflect the quality of games but how much people are hyped for it.

It is Phil's job to engage and entertain his audience. If people are bored watching him play a big AAA action game and contributions are low, that's his fault.

50 minutes ago, Nariaki said:

If people are bored watching him play a big AAA action game and contributions are low, that's his fault.

Still posting this crap I see, how it's the streamer's fault if a game is boring.

I bet this bullshit is posted by people who don't watch other streamers.

These stupid complaints probably come from people who only watched the troll compilations and think that's how Phil is all the time. Then when they see him streaming they complain that he's boring. While they never watched any other streamer.

Seriously who would post crap like the game a streamer plays doesn't matter and that he should entertain people all the time?

Edited by dsfan324

37 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

Still posting this crap I see, how it's the streamer's fault if a game is boring.

I bet this bullshit is posted by people who don't watch other streamers.

These stupid complaints probably come from people who only watched the troll compilations and think that's how Phil is all the time. Then when they see him streaming they complain that he's boring. While they never watched any other streamer.

I actually think your opinion is from those that only watch DarkSydePhil's streams. There are plenty of other streamers out there that can make anything entertaining. For instance, during the MK11 rollout, there were streams of guys doing character breakdowns everytime a character was revealed. The stream/videos were boring as fuck. Watched Maximillion play, and I was engaged for hours.

Phil's commentary style hasnt changed in 10 years. Its the same: "WOOAAH DID YOU SEE THAT! LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON THE SCREEN" type of style that works for fighting games but does not for many others. Combined with the constant looking at chat and people asking the same bait questions over and over again, it can be absolutely dreadful to bear. To be honest, without the constant threat of Phil flying off the handle in dramatic fashion, I don't think very many people would watch him anymore.

Saying the game is boring is just wrong to say. If Phil doesn't want to play it because he wouldnt know how to make it entertaining, that would be a better answer. Right now the game has 70K viewers with the top 2 channels have 20K viewers a piece. All those people watching a boring game? I think not.

Edited by LabRatAttack

51 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

Saying the game is boring is just wrong to say. If Phil doesn't want to play it because he wouldnt know how to make it entertaining, that would be a better answer. Right now the game has 70K viewers with the top 2 channels have 20K viewers a piece. All those people watching a boring game? I think not.

Fextralife has 20k views and guess what, he's not entertaining, he barely even talks and his gameplay is slow, safe and boring. But his fanboys watch it anyway. So you people are still full of shit how it's about the streamer being entertaining. Especially when the most boring streamers have thousands of views and people think they are the most entertaining dudes.

Maximilian Dood seems OK but he's also not some super entertaining streamer, his commentary is a pretty normal deal.

And twitch views for a game mean nothing since big streamers play these new releases and their fanboys watch whatever they play, they don't give a fuck about the games. Ninja could play whatever boring shit and still get ten-thousands of views.

Edited by dsfan324

52 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

Fextralife has 20k views and guess what, he's not entertaining, he barely even talks and his gameplay is slow, safe and boring. But his fanboys watch it anyway. So you people are still full of shit how it's about the streamer being entertaining. Especially when the most boring streamers have thousands of views and people think they are the most entertaining dudes.

Maximilian Dood seems OK but he's also not some super entertaining streamer, his commentary is a pretty normal deal.

And twitch views for a game mean nothing since big streamers play these new releases and their fanboys watch whatever they play, they don't give a fuck about the games. Ninja could play whatever boring shit and still get ten-thousands of views.

You're on the cusp of my point but juuuust missing it. What you said about Fextralife, Maximilian, and Ninja is the point. They can play anything they want because their respective audience finds them entertaining regardless of what they're playing. Why can't Phil do that?

Edited by Nariaki
  • Upvote 1

@Nariaki made my point exactly.

@SilentWarrior25 is right, entertainment is subjective. 

I for one though wholeheartedly believe a streamer has to be entertaining, not necessarily the game. I just tuned into DansGaming live stream of Days Gone for 10 mins. He has over 7K viewers at the moment, i never viewed him in my life. His commentary style is toned down, he doesnt say jokes or blurts out obnoxiousness during cutscenes, people in chat arent getting banned left and right, they are actually talking about the game, no bait questions about anything interrupting gameplay.. Thats what I call a CHILL stream. 

There are different ways to entertain a massive audience. But what you don't do is say you're going to play a game then back down from playing it because of reviews you've criticized for being "worthless to the gaming community" in the past. You also don't put up a poll knowing it will be sabotaged and wasting everyones time by ignoring it. Nor do you tell people you might play a game but only if you donate it a specific way and not expect more than a stream out of it.

Thats not how you treat your fans, or people in general.

5 hours ago, LabRatAttack said:

I just tuned into DansGaming live stream of Days Gone for 10 mins. He has over 7K viewers at the moment, i never viewed him in my life. His commentary style is toned down, he doesnt say jokes or blurts out obnoxiousness during cutscenes, people in chat arent getting banned left and right, they are actually talking about the game, no bait questions about anything interrupting gameplay.. Thats what I call a CHILL stream. 

You know chill (stream) kinda stands for boring. Also his voice is a bit annoying.

From what I saw of Days Gone Phil's MK11 playthough looks much more interesting to watch.

DG is another empty repetitive open world game with nothing interesting to do. We saw this so many times. No streamer can make it entertaining. You like the streamers simply because it's not DSP, not because they are specially entertaining.

Avengers endgame was pretty damn good, maybe the best film.

Opening bit was a bit lame though, as I wasn't expecting

Spoiler

Thanos to just die that quickly in the first 20 minutes. The real final fight was beyond expectations though.

Tony's death was expected as the whole movie was full of death flags for his character.

Edited by KGhaleon

29 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Avengers endgame was pretty damn good, maybe the best film.

Opening bit was a bit lame though, as I wasn't expecting

Reveal hidden contents

Thanos to just die that quickly in the first 20 minutes. The real final fight was beyond expectations though.

Tony's death was expected as the whole movie was full of death flags for his character.

Is it as good as Avengers: Infinity War? Didn't click on the spoiler because I didn't see the movie yet.

59 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

DG is another empty repetitive open world game with nothing interesting to do. We saw this so many times. No streamer can make it entertaining. You like the streamers simply because it's not DSP, not because they are specially entertaining.

Okay, well, thats just your opinion dude. Its completely baseless when 1,000s of people are watching. Apparently somebody is entertaining enough. I think you like DSP because you like to get into little temper tantrums like right now and pertake in the drama that perpectually surrounds him. Its just my opinion, a very educated opinion, but still opinion nonetheless.

If you think the game will not be entertaining. Fine. But my facts stand that entertainment should come from the streamer, not just the hype of a game. If the game is the only draw, maybe playing it would be better than just watching it if the streamer ads little to nothing to the expierence. Plus my thoughts remain valid when DSP leaves an option open for somebody to donate the game in a specific way for him to play it without losing money, even to Uncle Sam. At that point it isnt about whether the game will be entertaining or not, its if Phil can make pure profit off of it, which is ridiculous if you still have a passion for this.

You know chill (stream) kinda stands for boring. Also his voice is a bit annoying.

From what I saw of Days Gone Phil's MK11 playthough looks much more interesting to watch.

You will just make any excuse to avoid saying Phil's not good at engaging an audience won't you? Alright then, explain this one away. I watch a handful of streamers with average viewer counts similar to Phil, often smaller than his, with about half his sub count. They still somehow manage to get more cheers and tips than Phil in every stream despite streaming less than Phil does. How do you think that could be?

22 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Is it as good as Avengers: Infinity War? Didn't click on the spoiler because I didn't see the movie yet.

IMO Infinity War is a better standalone film because there is way more action and will be enjoyed more by those who aren't caught up on the entire series.

EndGame is way better if you've watched all of the movies and developed ties to all the characters over the 10 year run of the current MCU. Im not going to say when this certain fight takes place, but its one of the most epic fight scenes in cinematic history in my book.. Well minus the stupid SJW/feminist shit scene that is randomly throw in. I sighed so loudly at that part the girl in front of me turned around and looked at me.

8 minutes ago, Nariaki said:

You will just make any excuse to avoid saying Phil's not good at engaging an audience won't you? Alright then, explain this one away. I watch a handful of streamers with average viewer counts similar to Phil, often smaller than his, with about half his sub count. They still somehow manage to get more cheers and tips than Phil in every stream despite streaming less than Phil does. How do you think that could be?

Me: "I think Phil's style couldnt make this game entertaining which is why he is skipping it, not because its a boring game."

DSFan: "NO THE GAME ISNT FUN. YOU JUST HATE EVERYTHING PHIL DOES AND THINK HE SUCKS!"

Me: "So why are these streamers getting views?"

DSFan: "BECAUSE THEY ALL SUCK AND ARE NOT PHIL!"

Okay...

Edited by LabRatAttack

16 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

EndGame is way better if you've watched all of the movies and developed ties to all the characters over the 10 year run of the current MCU. Im not going to say when this certain fight takes place, but its one of the most epic fight scenes in cinematic history in my book.. Well minus the stupid SJW/feminist shit scene that is randomly throw in. I sighed so loudly at that part the girl in front of me turned around and looked at me.

or

Spoiler

Black Panther showing up with all sorts of flair and he doesn't do anything. Captain Marvel had like one or two good moments as well but was missing for most of the film.

16 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

or

Reveal hidden contents

Black Panther showing up with all sorts of flair and he doesn't do anything. Captain Marvel had like one or two good moments as well but was missing for most of the film.

wish I could respond but have no idea how to "hide contents".

19 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

wish I could respond but have no idea how to "hide contents".

If you're going to talk about the movie without spoiling, use the "eye" icon to hide the content.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoilers.png

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

If you're going to talk about the movie without spoiling, use the "eye" icon to hide the content.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Spoilers.png

Thank you!

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

or

Hide contents

Spoiler

Black Panther at least help deliver the "Stark Gauntlet" and im glad Captain Marvel didnt have many scenes. She disappears after farm Thanos gets killed then reappears to destroy his shil then gets blasted to next week after Thanos utilizes the Power Stone and we dont see her until Starks funeral. Im happy with Scarlet Witch dominates Thanos for a minute until he orders a napalm strike until Captain Marvel shows up, and finally Captain America weilds the Moljner. Alot of crazy loose ends get tied up and thats why I think end game is a perfect conclusion.

My only gripe is i stayed after during the credits along with dozens of fans only to be disappointed to hear ironman making his first strikes on his MK1 suit.

9/10

Edited by LabRatAttack

@LabRatAttack @Nariaki If you hate DSP so much and you found streamers you think are so much more entertaining and better then why aren't you watching them?

Just go watch them playing Days Gone instead of posting bullshit about views and who's entertaining and who's not.

You will keep posting bullshit how views mean a streamer is entertaining even if he isn't at all. Bullshit about how these non entertaining streamers make even boring games entertaining just because the views are supposed to prove that. Stuff about cheers proving something when streamers with thousands of views get less cheers than DSP.

Just watch these "better" streamers and stop giving a fuck what DSP does if you hate him so much.

What's the point posting all this crap instead of watching someone you actually like?

11 hours ago, LabRatAttack said:

I think you like DSP because you like to get into little temper tantrums like right now and pertake in the drama that perpectually surrounds him. Its just my opinion, a very educated opinion, but still opinion nonetheless.

But you are the guys here getting into temper tantrums and pertake in the drama that perpectually surrounds him.

You are the guys who try to autistically prove how DSP is wrong, wrong, wrong, everything he say is wrong and a lie...

If you aren't doing it for autistic reasons and for the drama then stop giving a fuck about DSP and watch someone you actually like.

Btw views and cheers have nothing do to with streamers being entertaining.  It's about playing popular games (like Fortnite) that attract lots of brain dead drones.

And if a streamer with 10 views gets more cheers than DSP it's only because he attracted certain people who like to throw cheers at him, nothing about him being entertaining.

Edited by dsfan324

@LabRatAttack @Nariaki If you hate DSP so much and you found streamers you think are so much more entertaining and better then why aren't you watching them?

Never said I hated DSP. Just said some games don't fit his form of commentary style. And I am watching other streamers, always have watched multiple people. Its clear you don't.

Just go watch them playing Days Gone instead of posting bullshit about views and who's entertaining and who's not.

I am, but what im saying isnt bullshit. Its the truth you clearly can't handle.

You will keep posting bullshit how views mean a streamer is entertaining even if he isn't at all. Bullshit about how these non entertaining streamers make even boring games entertaining just because the views are supposed to prove that. Stuff about cheers proving something when streamers with thousands of views get less cheers than DSP.

You're proving my point. The game isnt the biggest driving force for viewership, its the streamer.

Just watch these "better" streamers and stop giving a fuck what DSP does if you hate him so much.

Lol why are you so mad? People cant be entertained by multiple things? I should only watch DSP for all my entertainment needs? Lol you're crazy dude.

What's the point posting all this crap instead of watching someone you actually like?

Because this is a forum, its made to discuss things. Same could be said about you, why are you getting mad at me when you could be watching DSP?

But you are the guys here getting into temper tantrums and pertake in the drama that perpectually surrounds him.

Have you read your own stuff? You're the one getting mad lol.

You are the guys who try to autistically prove how DSP is wrong, wrong, wrong, everything he say is wrong and a lie...

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I just said him saying the game is too boring to justify a purchase is a cop out and expecting someone to donate it just for a stream or two is lame. Thats it. Its okay for fans to disagree on things from time to time. Its called being an adult.

If you aren't doing it for autistic reasons and for the drama then stop giving a fuck about DSP and watch someone you actually like.

You use the word "autistic" way too much. There are dozens of people fighting their own illnesses and though I am not fighting the day by day bout through autism, I respect those that do. You should be more sensitive to those peoples feelings and stop being an overzealous DSP fan. I can watch whoever I want.

Btw views and cheers have nothing do to with streamers being entertaining.  It's about playing popular games (like Fortnite) that attract lots of brain dead drones.

Viewers and Cheers has everything to do with the entertainment value of a stream. Sure, a "brain dead drone" might be conviced a large amount of people are the actual "drones", but at the end of the day people watch because they are entertained. Ninja started off with 0 subs and 0 viewers just like DSP and everybody else on Twitch. "Drones" didnt just start flocking to channels just out of nowhere for no reason. They developed their audience until they got bigger and bigger to the point they make millions from it. Some people might be jealous of that, and is way some people like yourself result in calling people "drones" out of jealousy.

Grow up.

And if a streamer with 10 views gets more cheers than DSP it's only because he attracted certain people who like to throw cheers at him, nothing about him being entertaining.

Yup. This is the most delusional thing you've said so far. Its sad you think like this.

Edited by LabRatAttack