The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

20 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

They are the most casual RPGs ever.

Yeah, but if you stream it is way too casual, and slow/er than a lot of other games.

It's just going to require a lot more of interaction with the chat, than with a DMC5, or a Sekiro stream.

13 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

You mean watch more cutscenes.

Weird, I get excited every time there's story cutscenes because they have all been good so far.

46 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Weird, I get excited every time there's story cutscenes because they have all been good so far.

The story is cool imo in Death Stranding, but the gameplay is definitely the weakest part of the game.

1 hour ago, babymangming456 said:

Did you watch Phil's playthrough of Death Stranding? Was it what you expected from it, or worse?

I've been watching some new streamer, (for me), & he's pretty cool from what I've seen. He has like a tips-goal, (in some streams), for people who'd like to contribute to him freely, but also has like a random giveaway for those who tipped, not sure the exact criteria. That could be fun if Phil did it, even if it's a small merchandise.

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Did you watch Phil's playthrough of Death Stranding? Was it what you expected from it, or worse?

Yes. It's OK so far, nothing great but it's the most entertaining thing since a long time. Since it's linear he can't forever talk to boring NPCs like in Outer Worlds or be forever stuck in one room like in Luigi's Mansion. The cutscenes are cool enough that they are interesting to watch unlike other games where the cutscenes are usually quite boring. But now the real gameplay starts. It has 8h of cutscenes and we already watched 3h. Over 20h of walking will follow. Watching the walking still wasn't so bad, better than the repetitive shooting of Borderlands 3. At least it's cool enough you can pretend you are watching a Netflix show. As a game it's pretty bad but compared to the other shit that comes out it's a masterpiece. Even if it's just walking it still seems to be better gameplay than many other games.

5 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

That could be fun if Phil did it, even if it's a small merchandise.

could be fun but...

6 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

As a game it's pretty bad but compared to the other shit that comes out it's a masterpiece.

Man, you guys need to play more games and not just the titles that Phil plays.

2019 has been awesome.

So there's a lot of painful ways to inflict damage on someone, torture, etc. Giving cats a bath is definitely up there.

Edited by KGhaleon

Just played DS all day, think I've got a long ways to go still but I'm in the second big area after the first mandatory boss.

I swear BTs scare the shit out of me as I feel like holding my breath in RL whenever I'm near one. I've luckily not been grabbed yet since avoiding them isn't too hard. Encounters with Mules are pretty nuts too as I typically have 3 or 5 of them chasing me at once, so smoke grenades are handy.

Glad to see they brought some of the stealth mechanics from MGS5 back. I did notice that if you go too far the enemy AI losses you, which is pretty typical for vidya games.

Exosuit rocks, definitely makes the game easier and it looks like I can upgrade it later.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, Darksphere92 said:

inb4 you borequit

Edited by KGhaleon

At least Death Stranding is mildly interesting to watch, I can't say that about the other games. The the story and world building are its strongest points. Even the walking is more interesting than Borderlands 3 or Outer Worlds.

Phil skips the mission that gives him grenades and teaches him how to use it: how do I use the ratio- grenades?

21 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

At least Death Stranding is mildly interesting to watch, I can't say that about the other games. The the story and world building are its strongest points. Even the walking is more interesting than Borderlands 3 or Outer Worlds.

Phil skips the mission that gives him grenades and teaches him how to use it: how do I use the ratio- grenades?

Which ones are ratio grenades? I've come across the smoke grenades, blood grenades, etc. I still need to fast travel back to the first map and finish up quests there so I might have missed them.

If you mean the Ex grenades I dunno, I threw one at a BT and it couldn't move for several seconds and was covered with a red liquid. You get them from your private room.

Easy trick how to get past the content ID:

In the past Phil made 10min videos so if one got content ID it wasn't such a big deal.

When a song plays in DS make that part a separate video.

From how much Phil cries about content ID in DS it's a big deal to him and Youtube isn't just an archive (this time).

It's a better solution than crying for minutes every time a song plays.

2nd option would be recording game and mic audio separately. Mute the music in the game audio and then merge game and mic audio.

3rd option. Just mute game audio on the fly. Then mute the parts you missed in the final video.

Edited by babymangming456

Just now, babymangming456 said:

Easy trick how to get past the content ID:

In the past Phil made 10min videos so if one got content ID it wasn't such a big deal.

When a song plays in DS make that part a separate video.

From how much Phil cries about content ID in DS it's a big deal to him and Youtube isn't just an archive (this time).

It's a better solution than crying for minutes every time a song plays.

I've seen people on chat some time ago recommending the same thing. He should already know.

Maybe if a song starts to play all of a sudden and he cuts the video, then it'll lose part of it while he starts the next recording. And the start of it on Youtube, will be with part of a song out of nowhere. It's the major thing against it that I see right now, but still viable and better than be copyright claimed.

But he knows about this, I'm almost sure.

12 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Maybe if a song starts to play all of a sudden and he cuts the video, then it'll lose part of it while he starts the next recording.

You can cut up a video after it was recorded. The effort he puts into crying about content ID can be put into editing the video.

I really like how Youtube is a piece of shit for content ID but when people suggested to leave the videos on Twitch he said they also get claimed on Twitch. But somehow he didn't have a problem with this and Twitch wasn't a piece of shit and run by idiots.

Edited by babymangming456

17 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

But somehow he didn't have a problem with this and Twitch wasn't a piece of shit and run by idiots.

Do both have the same/similar Content-ID match system & algorithm? If they do, he might think that as well from Twitch's, and I haven't heard him talk about Twitch's, positively nor negatively, so maybe if he's asked, although he may not use the same wording or say that he has not as much experience with it, as opposed to Youtube.

In addition, Youtube gives the monetization and earned money to the 'appropriate' party once a dispute resolves, if this has happened to him, he may be talking, let's say, fervently, because he's annoyed with his YT experience.

I dunno why streamers think companies give a shit about their youtube money. If you don't have millions of subs I doubt they care.

The composer however said he was going to try and help out people getting flagged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/dtpsko/the_composer_for_death_stranding_is_working_on_a/

Made quite a bit of progress in DS tonight, unlocked some insanely useful stuff. I feel like this game just constantly shows off new mechanics the further you get.

Also RIP my new Bike which was completely trashed after going over a waterfall, through a huge area full of bandits and finally a big area loaded with BTs.

Also saw some stuff from Horizon zero dawn for some reason.

Tried to watch a couple of Phil's videos but couldn't, he's so bad with the menus and basic mechanics. They teach him something and he literally forgets by the next video, still doesn't even understand how to change pages with R3 when viewing consumables. Drops his grenades on the ground and then wonders why they aren't in his inventory...lol...

Edited by KGhaleon

Watched a bit of the stream, the best part was Phil trying to climb the mountain with the bike.

Aside from that, it's one of those games that you'd better play it yourself, rather than watch a stream of it, (in my opinion), or maybe if you want to hang with someone in chat. Way too slow for me, like with Dragon Quest Builders.

2 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

Phil does some strange decisions that drag it out. Like he doesn't need to pick up lost cargo but he picks every one he sees.

I haven't found a use for the Likes in this game, so I really only pickup valuable stuff I find. I think the most you get out of Likes it some better stats.