The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

Has anyone played the new Monster Hunter? I tried it a friends place and it seems extremely boring. I only had an hour of playtime but you should be able to tell if a game is crap or not in an hour's time, right?

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Rumors of Resident evil 8 floating around.

I noticing something strange with my Switch the screen is getting sratches even with a Screen protector. 

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

I noticing something strange with my Switch the screen is getting sratches even with a Screen protector. 

Did you buy the cheapest protector? Buy a glass protector. The Switch is so poorly designed it will scratch just from using the dock. They know Nintendo fans are like drug addicts and will buy anything from them for any price.

39 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Did you buy the cheapest protector? Buy a glass protector. The Switch is so poorly designed it will scratch just from using the dock. They know Nintendo fans are like drug addicts and will buy anything from them for any price.

It is glass

4 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

I noticing something strange with my Switch the screen is getting scratches even with a Screen protector. 

One of the many ongoing problems with the build quality Nintendo gives some of their products even though its been present for years. Just looking up "My Switch is Scratched" gives search results with the top selections attributing to the dock itself to be the culprit.

111.thumb.jpg.47c31c7d1410f6cff5bd6396459bf94b.jpg

Nintendo requires you to buy another third party product (I read how you had to buy another set of JoyCons because the ones that come with it were crap) or spend 50% more on a worse product that has "Nintendo" on it. A "sock" is recommended, which seems like a hell of a hassle. Good luck finding your fix.

Edited by JaminJuicez

22 minutes ago, JaminJuicez said:

Nintendo requires you to buy another third party product

Then they release a firmware update that bricks your Switch when you use a 3rd party dock.

The cost of focusing on releasing new gimmicks is that they don't have experience with what issues it can cause. It doesn't matter though since their fans will buy their new product anyway.

13 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Then they release a firmware update that bricks your Switch when you use a 3rd party dock.

The cost of focusing on releasing new gimmicks is that they don't have experience with what issues it can cause. It doesn't matter though since their fans will buy their new product anyway.

I haven't bought a Nintendo anything in almost a decade or so. I bought a 3DS on release and quickly sold it on eBay after I found out it gave me chronic headaches when the 3D feature was turned on. Not many games I desire to play on it or the Switch anyways. I remember DSP got a Switch and it was bricked after the first startup. It would be different if these problems were uncommon but every Nintendo buyer I run into always has to buy some other thing like a used car that failed it's CarFax. I'll stick with my Xbox One, it has its problems, but haven't had to buy anything else for it but games & Xbox Live since launch. 

Edited by JaminJuicez

Pretty sure it was already confirmed that dock scratching is fake, and just people manhandling their Switch. That was a rumor from years ago. I use mine without a sock or protector and it's fine, besides a few spots where I accidentally scratched my joycons.

7 hours ago, JaminJuicez said:

Has anyone played the new Monster Hunter? I tried it a friends place and it seems extremely boring. I only had an hour of playtime but you should be able to tell if a game is crap or not in an hour's time, right?

Takes a long time to get to the good stuff, since you start out in low rank and have to fight alot of the smaller weaker monsters.

You ain't fighting elder dragons and shit for a while.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Pretty sure it was already confirmed that dock scratching is fake, and just people manhandling their Switch.

Being this in denial because Nintendo can do no wrong. How was it confirmed to be fake? The only thing I can find is posts of 3 idiots from reddit, gamespot and YT who claim it's fake just because.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

That was a rumor from years ago

It wasn't a rumor, why are you making shit up? People reported dock scratching the moment Switch came out. It doesn't happen to you so it's fake? So the drift is also a rumor then because it doesn't happen to everyone? How dumb are you?

Edited by babymngaming456

Takes a long time to get to the good stuff, since you start out in low rank and have to fight alot of the smaller weaker monsters.

You ain't fighting elder dragons and shit for a while.

Well, fuck that. I guess I was right to think it was boring.

Pretty sure it was already confirmed that dock scratching is fake, and just people manhandling their Switch. That was a rumor from years ago. I use mine without a sock or protector and it's fine, besides a few spots where I accidentally scratched my joycons.

No, the dock scratching is real. I have 2 friends who own a Switch as a grown adult. 1 who loves Smash Brothers, the other plays with his kid. Both have scratches but neither friend really cares because compared to their other gaming consoles they rarely use their Switches. I know from personal experience the JoyCons suck. Whats amazing is this thing is still THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS. Who would pay that to play the 5 only interesting games on it with two of them available on their last generation console? 

40 minutes ago, JaminJuicez said:

Whats amazing is this thing is still THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS. Who would pay that to play the 5 only interesting games on it with two of them available on their last generation console? 

Who would pay $60 for cardboard? Who would pay $60 for Gameboy games? I don't know...

9 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Which ones of these games are you most looking forward to?

Schedule.png

1. The Last of Us: Part II

2. RE 3: Remake

3. Persona 5 Royale

4. FF 7 Remake

5. Doom Eternal

11 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

1. The Last of Us: Part II

2. RE 3: Remake

3. Persona 5 Royale

4. FF 7 Remake

5. Doom Eternal

Good choices. I'm curious about the "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX" one, but I actually think the old "Explorers of the Sky" would be better for Phil to play. I'd say my favourite from his list would be "Nioh 2".

(I don't think he plans on adding "Persona 5 Royale" to the list, though.)

Edited by MoraMoria

36 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Good choices. I'm curious about the "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX" one, but I actually think the old "Explorers of the Sky" would be better for Phil to play. I'd say my favourite from his list would be "Nioh 2".

(I don't think he plans on adding "Persona 5 Royale" to the list, though.)

Nah thats just me lol 

10 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Being this in denial because Nintendo can do no wrong. How was it confirmed to be fake? The only thing I can find is posts of 3 idiots from reddit, gamespot and YT who claim it's fake just because.

It wasn't a rumor, why are you making shit up? People reported dock scratching the moment Switch came out. It doesn't happen to you so it's fake? So the drift is also a rumor then because it doesn't happen to everyone? How dumb are you?

Dock scratching isn't a thing. Hell I have a new dock and switch I bought recently and it's got no scratches, unprotected.

8 hours ago, JaminJuicez said:

Well, fuck that. I guess I was right to think it was boring.

Don't play the other games then because they all start off slow and build up to bigger monsters. You're not fighting dragons in pussy mode low rank.

26 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Don't play the other games then because they all start off slow and build up to bigger monsters. You're not fighting dragons in pussy mode low rank.

I just don't care to play boring games. If I have to wait 10 hours just to get some excitement and entertainment going, there is no point. If Monster Hunter was the only good game available then I would tough through it but since it's not and there are actually much better games to play, i'll take a hard pass on this. 

30 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dock scratching isn't a thing. Hell I have a new dock and switch I bought recently and it's got no scratches, unprotected.

Why did you have to buy a new Switch in the first place?

10 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

It wasn't a rumor, why are you making shit up? People reported dock scratching the moment Switch came out. It doesn't happen to you so it's fake?

So, he just treats his console with care.

31 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dock scratching isn't a thing.

Because you said so it must be true. I'm sure all the people reporting it must be fake and wrong. The drift is a fake rumor too.

2 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

So, he just treats his console with care.

It has nothing to do with it. If it was well designed it shouldn't get scratched no matter how wrong you put it in the dock.

13 minutes ago, JJuicez said:

Why did you have to buy a new Switch in the first place?

Upgraded to the V2.

9 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Because you said so it must be true. I'm sure all the people reporting it must be fake and wrong. The drift is a fake rumor too.

If dock scratching was a thing people would still be talking about it. I frequent the Switch reddit often and you're the only person I've seen say anything...and all those videos you linked are old.

9 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Upgraded to the V2.

5.png.fe020974e1860bb69a25087af5e6b467.png6.thumb.png.9e0f685a54fbce5f941cf06651b0ecc6.png

You bought another Switch just to get an extra hour of battery life? Isn't that kind of stupid since im sure there are battery packs available?

11 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I frequent the Switch reddit often 

This explains alot. There are nothing but kids and suckers who will buy anything with a Nintendo sticker on it. Wow, you're one of those? How old are you?