The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

I thought Nioh 2 would be a really good playthrough, but so far it has not impressed me. From what I've seen in Phil's streams, the scenerey is generally too dark, and not that great, neither are the enemies & bosses...

But whatever, that's just my opinion.

23 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I thought Nioh 2 would be a really good playthrough, but so far it has not impressed me.

Because you are one of those detractors who only wants to see him rage and fail. :biggrin: You also probably don't like the special vest. Detractors fear the vest.

16 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Phil has the Animal Crossing stream advertised as "Bunny Day", what happens there?

April event that runs through the 12th, which is when the big festival kicks off. 12th is a sunday so Phil will 100% not see it since he won't stream it that day.

Preloading Resident evil 3 for tonight, damn I'm hyped for Nemesis.

• Like 1

Guess I beat the game

EUpj5rMU8AYlOCz.jpg

..but then I unlocked island designer mode. Here we go for another 50 hours.

I just learned of one of the greatest trends in this planet, the "VSCO girl subculture". You're supposed to wear crocks or vans, scrunchies and over-sized shirts, amongst other things. Then you drop your metal water-bottle and say: "and I oop... sksksksk".

What.thumb.jpg.5244dbc363b746a0e2d635da12a4dc0a.jpg

25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I just learned of one of the greatest trends in this planet, the "VSCO girl subculture". You're supposed to wear crocks or vans, scrunchies and over-sized shirts, amongst other things. Then you drop your metal water-bottle and say: "and I oop... sksksksk".

What.thumb.jpg.5244dbc363b746a0e2d635da12a4dc0a.jpg

Well...it's a step up from an earlier subculture.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Hopapanic.jpg

My copy arrived today, gonna wait until it's a little later on in the evening before I crack it open.

That, and I'm a little worried that the game will be sidelined for Animal Crossing like Doom Eternal did. Granted, I did play a bit of the multiplayer yesterday, was pretty fun.

1 hour ago, SassyGayLizard said:

My copy arrived today, gonna wait until it's a little later on in the evening before I crack it open.

That, and I'm a little worried that the game will be sidelined for Animal Crossing like Doom Eternal did. Granted, I did play a bit of the multiplayer yesterday, was pretty fun.

I'm enjoying it, someone beat it on twitch in 8 hours so it's about as long as most other titles.

I'm going to take my time with it before FF7R comes out.

Nook, why man? Why?

EUsktMkUwAAYn0t.jpg

Man, Phil completely forgot everything about playing Resident evil. Thought there would be an actual health bar or that you needed a crafting bench for medicine, doesn't kill zombies blocking critical paths so he has to go through them every time, etc even though we just had RE2 last year.

Hell you got an infinite knife and you're not even using it to make sure Zombies are dead.

Edited by KGhaleon

9 minutes ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Would it be possible to limit accounts by IP? It wouldn't stop it entirely but it could slow it down a little.

Most trolls hide behind a VPN because they are afraid of someone getting their IP.

Just now, KGhaleon said:

Most trolls hide behind a VPN because they are afraid of someone getting their IP.

Yes however changing servers every time you want to make another 10 accounts will slow things down a little.

13 minutes ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Would it be possible to limit accounts by IP? It wouldn't stop it entirely but it could slow it down a little.

Yes, and that's how if not careful most of their time dedicated to creating alts will be wasted, however an Admin must care enough to do this.

Absolutely ridiculous & unfair to everyone else, but they don't care, and when & if it turns out Phil does something about it at the end, guess who'll accuse him of rigging the poll & not caring about the legit votes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Yes, and that's how if not careful most of their time dedicated to creating alts will be wasted, however an Admin must care enough to do this.

Absolutely ridiculous & unfair to everyone else, but they don't care, and when & if it turns out Phil does something about it at the end, guess who'll accuse him of rigging the poll & not caring about the legit votes.

Yeah, that's why it would behoove him to be proactive and sort these issues out beforehand...but he's been content with this for years I guess.

Finished Doom Eternal. Played on PC, did 3 missions on Nightmare but turned it down to Ultra-Violence as it was taking too long to progress. 

Fantastic game, even better than the first. The Meat Hook and dash, combined with the fast movement and double jump, made you feel very agile. I liked how some enemies were susceptible to certain attacks, like shooting the rocket launchers off the Revenants, grenades into the mouth of the Cacodemon, etc. On higher difficulties, I also appreciated that you needed to be using most of tools to do well; flame thrower for armor, hooks to make distance or re-position quickly, grenades for big AE damage and crowd control, plasma do destroy shields and damage nearby enemies, etc etc.  Music was obviously on point.

Despite typically disliking first person jumping puzzles, I quite enjoyed the ones in Doom Eternal. However, I it was definitely the most non-Doom aspect of the game and I can understand why some folks hated it.

My only complaints are that Marauder was a shit enemy type, even after you figure out how to deal with him. Also, I found the final boss to be fairly boring and tedious.  Other than that, I loved it. I actually kinda want to go back and playthrough again on Nightmare all the way through. 

Definitely worth getting if you liked Doom '16 IF you think you'd be OK with the jumping puzzle parts. If you really hate first person platforming, maybe wait for it to go on sale.