The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

Jesus christ, I didn't realize they set the bar so low.

S ranked that bitch with ease. I wonder if you can get anything higher than that?

EU4goRTUYAEOeVK.jpg

Played through the hospital segment of RE3 remake tonight. That was some scary shit with those Hunter betas and I'm honestly shocked that they pulled a CoD Zombies moment.

Edited by KGhaleon

New Nioh video: "Bad boss"

*looks at video*

Oh, Phil using high stance in the Yokai realm...so he blew all his stamina and got wacked instead of switching to low stance to conserve it.

Does he know that low stance also grants you a faster dodge and more invincibility until it's safe to switch back? ugh

Nioh is designed so that you switch stances constantly as the situation changes, that's the whole point of the stance system. You don't pick one stance for the entire fight.

Oh so FF7 remake preload it up if anyone was waiting to download it. It's like 85GB so might want to get it done before release night.

Edited by KGhaleon

Free story DLC for Fallout 76 next week, so I'm gonna give it another go. There's a huge 46GB patch however since I last played that apparently fixed a lot.

60.jpg

8 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

I agree about the campaign feeling unfinished. I love the game, but like you said the side quest are not really good, and the campaign seems to be missing out on more opportunities to go into the "cyberworld" via a decker.

I've gone deeper into the game and the story is starting to pick up. Most of the problems I mentioned are still here but the story is good enough to keep me playing for now. I still think the pacing is way off with the characters though.

Edited by JeffBezosRightNut

15 hours ago, TheGamer said:

i was thinking, and i think they should make a Dark Souls like game in a Pixar Art Style.

Dark souls toy story then? lol

4 hours ago, TheGamer said:

somewhat, well i mean art style like Kingdom Hearts

So unreal 4 then

I finished "shadowrun returns" today. Very mixed feelings, but it's definitely not worth any more than $5 max. I beat it in three sessions total. I give it 4/10.

Cons:

VERY short - Sub 10 hours. Possibly fixed with user generated campaigns however I haven't tried any of these, and all of the big ones I looked at were unfinished.

Buggy - At least two main story missions have well known bugs where the only solution is reloading a save. That may not sound like much but it's a very short game.

Linear - Only 1 side quest and most of the "optional objectives" are as straight forward as "pick up this impossible to miss item in the next room". Sometimes you have multiple choices, however there are rarely consequences for anything you choose. You get a large choice at the end of the game but as far as I can tell, it only changes flavor. Even choices like race rarely come into play. There's a mission where you have to infiltrate a base, and it's one of the only non-linear sections of the game but few options are locked out based on your race and class. Want to disguise yourself as a janitor? Okay, there's conveniently a janitor outfit for every race in the lockers. Didn't invest in hacking skills but want to make a fake ID? Just memorize some names instead of hacking. Why bother giving me a choice if all options are open to me regardless?

Pacing - What the heck is up with the pacing? It feels like they intended to have a lot more plot development that was cut in the final product. As an example, you rescue a character that becomes a semi-regular companion early on in the game, and despite it clearly being explained that you've never met this person before you saved them, she's talking like she knows you in the next encounter with her. I feel like there was going to be a side quest or something with her that would build up that friendship, but it's not there.

Mixed:

Character portraits - they're usually fine but hipster orcs and metrosexual trolls are a little bit jarring.

Pros:

Gameplay - no major issues, skills work as you would expect. My only complaint with this is how easy many bullshit misses there are. If I have a 99% chance to hit, I would expect to hit my target at a higher rate than 9/10, whereas 99% seems more like 7/10. Below 50% and you're better off just not bothering. Otherwise it's fine. Nothing to write home about but if you like turn based, somewhat tactical CRPG combat with light investigation elements you will probably enjoy this.

Visuals - Fine, most things look nice.

Story - Despite the aforementioned linearity and pacing issues, the story is quite nice. It starts out as a cyberpunk noir where you investigate a murder, before eventually a larger, lovecraftian conspiracy unfolds. It REALLY needed a few missions to pad this out and let the larger mystery unfold slowly, but overall I liked it.

Overall its a neat little crpg but it feels more like a high quality mod than a full game. Only buy it if you're a fan of CRPGs and you can find it on sale for dirt cheap.

Edited by JeffBezosRightNut

I stopped selling fish and bugs to the Nook store. CJ and Flick are NPCs that randomly visit your island, and they pay 150% more for them if you store them away and sell them during their visit. I sold my stock of fish to CJ and he gave me over 100K.

You get mad amounts of money.

16 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I stopped selling fish and bugs to the Nook store. CJ and Flick are NPCs that randomly visit your island, and they pay 150% more for them if you store them away and sell them during their visit. I sold my stock of fish to CJ and he gave me over 100K.

You get mad amounts of money.

when do they arrive on your island? how far do i have to progress?

22 minutes ago, TheGamer said:

when do they arrive on your island? how far do i have to progress?

Dunno, they just started showing up last week. CJ was here tonight so I sold him all my fish.

19 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dunno, they just started showing up last week. CJ was here tonight so I sold him all my fish.

thanks

Careful FF7 remake released early so a lot of people have beaten it and are discussing the ending. I won't post any spoilers, however what I've heard makes it sound like this isn't really a remake of FF7. If so then SE pulled a fast one on people.

Good for Phil if he enjoys Animal Crossing. It's basically a mobile game. He liked those in the past.

What about Animal Crossing renegade run?

Btw. Still no black forest cake.

Edited by babymngaming456

46 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

EVB0T9-XgAMyU3f.jpg

atleast it doesnt need AA batteries.

CJ came to my Island today, sold him fish.

also i forgot how fun Persona 5 was.

1 hour ago, TheGamer said:

atleast it doesnt need AA batteries.

CJ came to my Island today, sold him fish.

also i forgot how fun Persona 5 was.

CJ gives so much for fish that it's not really profitable to sell to the shop.

Almost done with RE3, just reached the lab.

They brought back those white faceless zombies from the RE2 DLC, so I immediately avoided all of them and didn't waste my ammo.

23 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

CJ gives so much for fish that it's not really profitable to sell to the shop.

Almost done with RE3, just reached the lab.

They brought back those white faceless zombies from the RE2 DLC, so I immediately avoided all of them and didn't waste my ammo.

thinking about being done with Animal Crossing soon, i dont really play games that dont have an ending, so tbh this game is fun but kind of a waste of time.

im waiting for 2K Switch ports to come out, i know i could just play Borderlands 2 on PC and it would look tons better, but i want to try the Switch port, hopefully its not like the Vita port.

1 hour ago, TheGamer said:

thinking about being done with Animal Crossing soon, i dont really play games that dont have an ending, so tbh this game is fun but kind of a waste of time.

I mean, you can beat it. There's a credits sequence.

Though not really the point of the game, you play it in short bursts over a year and experience the different holidays, seasons and events.

Lab in RE3 has a lot of Pale heads. If you're playing the game better save that magnum ammo for those guys...one headshot can kill them.

7 hours ago, GoldenColts said:

Game devs have a handle on female character design KEKW

characters.jpg

I fail to see the problem with any of these