Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Darksphere92

    5736

  • KGhaleon

    4866

  • sateler96

    2988

  • MDCFAN101

    2574

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

So don't buy any AAA or anime games.

I rarely do~

That said, I couldn't give a dragons' ass about most so called Triple A games. I am partial to the occasional weeb game, yet I'm gonna hold out of the Final Fantasy 7 remake as I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied for now. Plus I have a couple things I started and need to finish off.

Plenty of weird little indie games both on console and PC to keep you occupied. Or, play games where there isn't a preset protagonist and you get to design your own custom character. Fighting games have a huge roster of characters to choose from, raging from pretty inspired designs to bland everyman/woman ones. And there's games out there were protagonists aren't even human, such as ones where you play as monsters, creatures, robots, aliens, abstract concepts etc.

If you look around, there's quite a selection out there :3

Edited by SassyGayLizard
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SassyGayLizard said:

Indeed.

Simple solution though. Quit supporting games that you feel have uninspired or lackluster main character designs. Encourage others to do so too.

EZ

I generally don't. Most of the games with generic protags also have other things I don't care for. I mostly play CRPGs and strategy games. A lot of CRPGs have character customization and most strategy games don't have individual characters in the first place.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to be toxic but really? I bet Kotaku beat Nemesis without calling every encounter a puzzle boss, throwing a temper tantrum and expecting the viewers to explain to them how to beat the boss. I bet they didn't run around like a chicken, shooting red lights, until a viewer told them they can just shoot the boss. I bet they don't call shooting giant glowing balls a puzzle boss. And this is just for RE3.

And you wonder why people don't like your attitude or don't take you seriously.

These are the Kotaku guy's tweets:

Sounds very familiar. It's like he thought it's a puzzle boss.

Edited by babymngaming456
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean DSP is a reviewer so I think they just take turns stabbing each other in the back for efame.

FF7R is pretty damn good though, and I'm only on chapter 5 of...18? Each chapter takes a good hour or two, unless you rush it.

They definitely added a lot of fluff because there's an entire chapter that wasn't even in OG FF7, where you visit Jessie's home and there's a new motorcycle battle. Need to sleep because I didn't notice it was 3AM when I stopped.

 

lmao, Max absolutely losing his shit trying to decide between Jessie or Tifa.

jess.jpg

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

I don't want to be toxic but really? I bet Kotaku beat Nemesis without calling every encounter a puzzle boss, throwing a temper tantrum and expecting the viewers to explain to them how to beat the boss. I bet they didn't run around like a chicken, shooting red lights, until a viewer told them they can just shoot the boss. I bet they don't call shooting giant glowing balls a puzzle boss. And this is just for RE3.

And you wonder why people don't like your attitude or don't take you seriously.

These are the Kotaku guy's tweets:

Sounds very familiar. It's like he thought it's a puzzle boss.

The fact that you can't see the difference between a game expecting you to figure stuff out with zero guidance, vs a game actually explaining step-by-step during a tutorial boss fight how to do something, is baffling.

RE3 Remake plays differently on different difficulties. On easy/standard you can just shoot them until they die. On hardcore, the bosses are bullet-sponges with insane health, UNLESS you figure out the obscure way to get to their weaknesses. The only boss I actually complained about was the clock tower boss, because you NEED the mine rounds or else you can't even stun the thing, and even then, you NEED to knock it down from the top of the clock tower, which isn't apparent from the in-game tips Jill gives you. I didn't complain about either of the final bosses. They were a bit frustrating but I learned and won. My one major complaint about the entire game was one, admittedly cryptic boss. Everything you say above is just fucking stupid, because it's not even true. "You didn't just shoot the boss" because the boss directly before that one wasn't affected by "just shooting it." You're a fucking moron for thinking that trying tactics the game taught you in one boss fight, wouldn't carry over to the next, and that it's somehow wrong to try to implement that.

 

The Kotaku reviewer complained about an introductory boss that was directly explained how to beat by just playing the game and paying attention. It used multiple systems: normal attacks, special attacks, magic, and the stagger meter. You did have to utilize them well, but it was all explained as you played. He's not complaining that it's difficult, he's complaining that he actually has to use his tiny brain instead of just button mash. And if he'd played FFXIII/XV, some of these systems were already implemented, so it's obvious this guy had zero background in the recent history in the series. Just the kind of guy you want criticizing the game!

 

Apples to oranges, and if you don't understand that, it's your own stupid fault.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil said:

They were a bit frustrating but I learned and won.

No you didn't.

You sat there and said that you weren't going to continue  until someone told you how to defeat that boss.

Then someone told you.

I was there. Then you banned me after the stream.

Edited by SassyGayLizard
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering. Phil could have gotten another viral tweet if he replied to the Kotaku Tweet with his Nemesis boss fight video saying something like: "Looks like it was another puzzle boss." (or something more clever) That makes fun of Kotaku while you also make fun of your mistakes. People like that.

Btw., you can use duct tape on the air conditioner.

5 hours ago, Phil said:

The fact that you can't see the difference

It's more about the attitude. You also make lots of basic mistakes, over complicate things.

Remember the saying? "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

Edited by babymngaming456
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spring fishing tournament is today in Animal Crossing NH, I only played it for a bit since I'm more focused on FF7R. The tourney isn't really hard though you get some nice collectables out of it and any fish you sell gets you more money, so you can really rack up the bells.

 

 

also lol Phil
Chapter 2: I'm not going to use this chocobo summon, it's DLC so it's going to be OP and I'm not cheating.
Chapter 4: This chocobo summon isn't very good so I'm replacing it with Ifrit.

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phil said:

RE3 Remake plays differently on different difficulties. On easy/standard you can just shoot them until they die. On hardcore, the bosses are bullet-sponges with insane health, UNLESS you figure out the obscure way to get to their weaknesses.

It doesn't though. Phase two of the clocktower boss still requires you to knock it off the wall and the clocktower to beat it even on Easy and Normal difficulties. The only difference between difficulty settings is how much health enemies have and how much damage they do.

5 hours ago, Phil said:

The only boss I actually complained about was the clock tower boss, because you NEED the mine rounds or else you can't even stun the thing, and even then, you NEED to knock it down from the top of the clock tower, which isn't apparent from the in-game tips Jill gives you.

When I played it I figured out right away that I needed to knock it down just by the fact it was running on the walls and when he goes on top of the clock tower Jill says "You're about to take a nasty fall." which, in my opinion, is enough to figure what you're supposed to do. Also, your clue that you needed the mine rounds at all was the fact that you got them directly before that fight. It seems to me your major complaint was that RE3 tried to be more clever in it's hints than just having Jill say "I gotta knock it off the walls!".

 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

"You didn't just shoot the boss" because the boss directly before that one wasn't affected by "just shooting it."

It was though. For phase one of the clocktower boss you just shoot it, it's not until it hits phase two that it starts running on the walls. The acid pit boss and the clocktower boss are pretty much the same fight now that I think about it. Just instead of a mine round you're shooting panels to electrify it and knock it down.

Edited by Puggy
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SassyGayLizard said:

No you didn't.

You sat there and said that you weren't going to continue  until someone told you how to defeat that boss.

Then someone told you.

I was there. Then you banned me after the stream.

You're talking about the clocktower boss. I'm talking about the final 2 bosses. Try some reading comprehension, stupid.

 

4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Btw., you can use duct tape on the air conditioner.

It's more about the attitude. You also make lots of basic mistakes, over complicate things.

Remember the saying? "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

My air conditioner has something to do with your insanely stupid post here?

 

My attitude has nothing to do with what you said either. You got exposed for being a moron, now just swallow it.

 

14 minutes ago, Puggy said:

It was though. For phase one of the clocktower boss you just shoot it, it's not until it hits phase two that it starts running on the walls. The acid pit boss and the clocktower boss are pretty much the same fight now that I think about it. Just instead of a mine round you're shooting panels to electrify it and knock it down.

Actually there was once when I barely shot it at all, and it still started running on the walls. It may simply be a timing thing? Not sure what actually triggers it, but unloading all of your ammo into it is a complete waste of time as it doesn't actually have a "health bar" in that first phase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Phil said:

Try some reading comprehension, stupid.

My air conditioner has something to do with your insanely stupid post here?

My attitude has nothing to do with what you said either. You got exposed for being a moron, now just swallow it.

Oh, come on Phil, there's no need to talk like this.

We can have a conversation without using such words, just explain your point of view and let the reader make their own conclusions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Reno is pretty tough in FF7R, he got overhauled quite a bit. He moves so fast you can barely touch him.

Yo the new boss remix is sick.

 

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phil said:

The fact that you can't see the difference between a game expecting you to figure stuff out with zero guidance, vs a game actually explaining step-by-step during a tutorial boss fight how to do something, is baffling.

RE3 Remake plays differently on different difficulties. On easy/standard you can just shoot them until they die. On hardcore, the bosses are bullet-sponges with insane health, UNLESS you figure out the obscure way to get to their weaknesses. The only boss I actually complained about was the clock tower boss, because you NEED the mine rounds or else you can't even stun the thing, and even then, you NEED to knock it down from the top of the clock tower, which isn't apparent from the in-game tips Jill gives you. I didn't complain about either of the final bosses. They were a bit frustrating but I learned and won. My one major complaint about the entire game was one, admittedly cryptic boss. Everything you say above is just fucking stupid, because it's not even true. "You didn't just shoot the boss" because the boss directly before that one wasn't affected by "just shooting it." You're a fucking moron for thinking that trying tactics the game taught you in one boss fight, wouldn't carry over to the next, and that it's somehow wrong to try to implement that.

 

The Kotaku reviewer complained about an introductory boss that was directly explained how to beat by just playing the game and paying attention. It used multiple systems: normal attacks, special attacks, magic, and the stagger meter. You did have to utilize them well, but it was all explained as you played. He's not complaining that it's difficult, he's complaining that he actually has to use his tiny brain instead of just button mash. And if he'd played FFXIII/XV, some of these systems were already implemented, so it's obvious this guy had zero background in the recent history in the series. Just the kind of guy you want criticizing the game!

 

Apples to oranges, and if you don't understand that, it's your own stupid fault.

Yeah, the guy who said he was gonna stop playing cause he couldn't figure out the nemesis clock tower boss is gonna call someone else stupid. He was just pointing out how you like to take shots at everyone and call people stupid, but you stop a stream when you can't fiigure out the most mundane parts of games. Maybe try experimenting a bit in the game instead of having things spoon fed to you? But yeah Phil, keep being toxic and calling people that have different opinions stupid. 
 

And to top it off, you really didn't have to say anything. You could have just stayed quiet and said you enjoyed the game, but you feel as if you have to dogpile on sites and people that are having crappy days. You tried it with pro Jared and look where he is now; at least he got his life back together, and he did it all without mentioning DSP or taking a shot back at you when he could have. Look at his FF6 play-through compared to your second run and that's all the proof you need. Maybe practice what you preach about being positive and not toxic; it might work out better for you Phil. 

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Oh, come on Phil, there's no need to talk like this.

We can have a conversation without using such words, just explain your point of view and let the reader make their own conclusions.

oop. Better be carful Moraia. He'll call you a detractor if you try to give him advice or talk to him like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...