Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Darksphere92

    5736

  • KGhaleon

    4843

  • sateler96

    2980

  • MDCFAN101

    2560

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

@KGhaleon Don't worry. I have the impression he's speeding through it.

Hope so, otherwise it might take us two months to get to route C.

Any bets that Route C will make Phil flip out? It's definitely one of my top moments in gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Wait wtf? I knew Phil said he was going to play Nier route B-C....but he's starting completely over from Route A.

Did he wipe his save data? The hell.

Fuck...that makes the playthrough almost twice as long and Route A and B are pretty similar.

I think Phil wanted to replay route A cos he has forgotten most of the story and controls. 

He said it would be a main stream playthrough, so route A should be done pretty quick

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

otherwise it might take us two months to get to route C.

I don't see the issue. I would prefer a good game to get the stall treatment, and not be rushed, over all the others. Even the vest killers Paper Mario and Fire Emblem are getting the stall treatment. The vest is only saved by galaxy brain people who only tip to stick it to the trolls and don't give a fuck about the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the responses. He doesn't know that only 10% of PS4 owners buy the infamous Sony exclusive, most people don't give a fuck about them. The biggest audience for games are still children (you can argue about Nintendo). They and their parents don't care about exclusive games made for people like game journalists. The parents will decide for what's cheaper. Gamepass should be very attractive to them.

This is interesting. Bloodborne had only 2 million sales. And this is the game many people point out as the reason to get a PS4. While the big AAA games have up to 10 million sales. Could be people just buy them because they are big hyped up releases and not because they care about exclusivity. And because they have nothing else to play. Have a PS4, nothing to play, might as well buy that big release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games

The numbers show people don't care about exclusives or big titles no where as much as someone might think. Most people aren't obsessed with games or virtual characters, they'll just get a console that plays games.

In the end most people don't buy a console for big releases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_One_video_games

Xbox will be fine even without HALO.

This guy is onto something. I assume failed to hit means when the stream had to go overtime until someone finally gave in.

Edited by babymngaming456
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I rarely buy systems based on their exclusives. Most of the time, they are always a let down. Nintendo and Sony since Xbox usually has their exclusives come to PC like adults. Horizons Zero Dawn. One of the worst open world... action?....adventure?.... games I've ever played. The story is the oly thing that holds the game together, other than that it's like a Witcher 3 knockoff. It's like the developers had an idea and tried to invent the story around it afterwards. Combat. Trash. Characters. Trash. World. Garbage. Story. meh.  Gameplay. Abysmal. I will easily forget about this game tomorrow.

 

This game reminded me of another bad exclusive, Super Mario Odyssey. One of the worst "core" Mario games ever.  Never buy a system based on the exclusives, people. Trust me, paying the extra couple of hundred dollars just to play them isn't worth it. Ever.

3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

This guy is onto something. I assume failed to hit means when the stream had to go overtime until someone finally gave in.

He got turned down immediately.

 

Edited by TrayUpperdeck
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrayUpperdeck said:

This is why I rarely buy systems based on their exclusives. Most of the time, they are always a let down. Nintendo and Sony since Xbox usually has their exclusives come to PC like adults. Horizons Zero Dawn. One of the worst open world... action?....adventure?.... games I've ever played. The story is the oly thing that holds the game together, other than that it's like a Witcher 3 knockoff. It's like the developers had an idea and tried to invent the story around it afterwards. Combat. Trash. Characters. Trash. World. Garbage. Story. meh.  Gameplay. Abysmal. I will easily forget about this game tomorrow.

 

This game reminded me of another bad exclusive, Super Mario Odyssey. One of the worst "core" Mario games ever.  Never buy a system based on the exclusives, people. Trust me, paying the extra couple of hundred dollars just to play them isn't worth it. Ever.

 

You don't like many games, do you?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ShinraRecruit said:

You don't like many games, do you?

I like several games, I just don't like games that get hyped up to be nothing more than a selling point for a game system.

9.thumb.png.605cb95c1937a806cb9276486bf55da4.png

Wait. This game got a 9.3 on release? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by TrayUpperdeck
Link to post
Share on other sites

Horizon Zero dawn was an awesome game. Some of the best graphics and story at the time of release. (Now I would say Tsushima holds that title)

Anyone that thinks the game is bad should not be trusted when it comes to opinions.

 

 

Now Deadly premonition on the other hand....boy is this game rough. The story is quirky and interesting, but man are these graphics bad on the eyes. Low framerate too. Probably looked great in the PS2 era. So far game has crashed once.

Just got the infinite machine gun so I don't see the combat being much of an issue.

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Horizon Zero dawn was an awesome game. Some of the best graphics and story at the time of release. (Now I would say Tsushima holds that title) Anyone that thinks the game is bad should not be trusted when it comes to opinions.

  no. the game is fucking bad. And the fact that the first thing you bring up about the game is graphics should be a testament on why people like you shouldn't review games. you didn't mention the story which shows me you were to googly-eyed on graphics to notice the story and the fact that you didn't mention gameplay is evidence. Btw in the PC world the graphics aren't that great.

 

Sorry, I like playing games, not suck the dick of the developers they are made from. 

Edited by TrayUpperdeck
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TrayUpperdeck said:

  no. the game is fucking bad. And the fact that the first thing you bring up about the game is graphics should be a testament on why people like you shouldn't review games. you didn't mention the story which shows me you were to googly-eyed on graphics to notice the story and the fact that you didn't mention gameplay is evidence. Btw in the PC world the graphics aren't that great.

I literally said best graphics and story.

I can't speak for the quality of the PC port being that it just came out.

2 hours ago, TrayUpperdeck said:

The game truly feels like a knockoff Witcher 3.

They are nothing alike outside of being open world.

 

meta.jpg

I dunno what kind of fake narrative you guys are trying to spin, but the game was well received. I don't know what issue steam folks have but I personally don't have any interest in playing that version.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I dunno what kind of fake narrative you guys are trying to spin, but the game was well received.

My joke was that your opinions "awesome game. Some of the best graphics and story at the time of release" are the ones of game journos.

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Anyone that thinks the game is bad should not be trusted when it comes to opinions.

That means you said that your own opinions shouldn't be trusted. Because Anyone that thinks like game journos should not be trusted when it comes to opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I literally said best graphics and story.

What was so great about the story? It was the typical AI turns against humans narrative but with a much stupider plot. Mankind makes robots shaped like dinosaurs (reason unknown) that fuel from biomass (nobody thought that wouldn't go bad huh?), glitch turns the robots against all life on the planet. The humans who somehow had the power to make lifelike AI robots but didn't have a killswitch or any access to space decide they will just die and build underground bunkers across the world where human DNA can be replicated and create babies later on. The robots wipe out the entire planet but luckily the humans made another AI named GAIA to watch over the underground bunkers for decades. Unfortunately the humans can't help but keep being dumb and make a sub-category AI named HADES to destroy all life on the planet just in case GAIA fucks up... you guessed it, it turns evil. Welcome to Horizon Zero Dawn. An Earth where the humans can somehow take down 20 ft high metal robots that have lasers and cannons with spears and bows.... and don't think once to maybe use the cannons and lasers from the machines they downed to replace their spear and bows. Also a world where the tribal humans know the humans before built these robots... but still view them as "Gods" for some reason. Aloy is born, finds a bluetooth headpiece... blah blah blah... finds out she's a construct and not a real human.. saves the world... game ends.

Dumb story.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

They are nothing alike outside of being open world.

Then you've never played Witcher 3.

Witcher Senses - Focus

Crossbow - Bow

Sword - Spear

Witcher Magic - Tripcaster & Traps

Both have conversation choices even the in Horizons it means less, both ride horses, both are open world, they are very much alike except Witcher is a way better game.

Edited by TrayUpperdeck
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TrayUpperdeck said:

What was so great about the story? It was the typical AI turns against humans narrative but with a much stupider plot. Mankind makes robots shaped like dinosaurs (reason unknown) that fuel from biomass (nobody thought that wouldn't go bad huh?), glitch turns the robots against all life on the planet. The humans who somehow had the power to make lifelike AI robots but didn't have a killswitch or any access to space decide they will just die and build underground bunkers across the world where human DNA can be replicated and create babies later on. The robots wipe out the entire planet but luckily the humans made another AI named GAIA to watch over the underground bunkers for decades. Unfortunately the humans can't help but keep being dumb and make a sub-category AI named HADES to destroy all life on the planet just in case GAIA fucks up... you guessed it, it turns evil. Welcome to Horizon Zero Dawn. An Earth where the humans can somehow take down 20 ft high metal robots that have lasers and cannons with spears and bows.... and don't think once to maybe use the cannons and lasers from the machines they downed to replace their spear and bows. Also a world where the tribal humans know the humans before built these robots... but still view them as "Gods" for some reason. Aloy is born, finds a bluetooth headpiece... blah blah blah... finds out she's a construct and not a real human.. saves the world... game ends.

Dumb story.

Then you've never played Witcher 3.

Witcher Senses - Focus

Crossbow - Bow

Sword - Spear

Witcher Magic - Tripcaster & Traps

Both have conversation choices even the in Horizons it means less, both ride horses, both are open world, they are very much alike except Witcher is a way better game.

Dude, we get it. You're a contrarian asshole who refuses to like games that get a lot of hype. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShinraRecruit said:

Dude, we get it. You're a contrarian asshole who refuses to like games that get a lot of hype. 

 No. If I was what you wish I was I would deliberately tell you, "ShinraRecruit", that FF7 is garbage, but it's not. Its a great game. So there goes your shitty theory out the window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ShinraRecruit said:

Dude, we get it. You're a contrarian asshole who refuses to like games that get a lot of hype. 

A lot of games that get a lot of hype are shit. You people think you represent everyone, but in reality you are a vocal minority who represents only 5-10% of customers. You are the contrarians, most people don't buy/don't care about those games. Just because others say nothing doesn't mean your opinions aren't the shit ones. You are only the majority in your little special place. A place dominated by special people like game journalists. You are hyping up games made for game journalists. You hype the same games as the people who are the butt of the joke of the community.

For example. Every idiot thinks not releasing HALO will kill Xbox. In reality only 10% of Xbox owners buy HALO. Every idiot thinks people will buy PS5 because of exclusives. 0nly 2-5% of PS4 owners buy exclusives.

@TrayUpperdeck That plot sounds like something stolen from Phantasy Star, .hack//Sign or other jrpg/anime.

Edited by babymngaming456
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Disappointing Phil is going to skip every side mission in Automata. While he has to do every side content in every other game.

I guess that's a good thing, seeing how he already played Route A once. I kinda just want to see him reach the new shit and Route B is largely similar anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

I guess that's a good thing, seeing how he already played Route A once. I kinda just want to see him reach the new shit and Route B is largely similar anyway.

So I guess there was nothing great about the story you could name. I love winning arguments by default.

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

#freefortnite

 

Can't believe people still play Fortnite. I tried it and just couldn't get into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrayUpperdeck said:

So I guess there was nothing great about the story you could name. I love winning arguments by default.

You still talking about Horizon? Nothing I say is going to change your mind so don't waste my time.

 

Just beat Origami king. That final boss was damn long, jeez.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really beat Astral chain, I got stuck around chapter 8 and never went back to the game. I booted it up tonight and easily passed the chapter.

Now I guess I might as well finish that game.

Also been going through Deadly premonition and that game is...damn strange. Got the infinite magnum by chapter 2 so this is almost unfair for the monsters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I never really beat Astral chain, I got stuck around chapter 8 and never went back to the game. I booted it up tonight and easily passed the chapter.

Now I guess I might as well finish that game.

Good game, never got to finish the post game bs or finish botw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...