The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

This Gamestop/WallStreetBets situation has been very fun to watch. I first learned of it about a week ago and got in around $40. Today it closed at $347.  It's going to be VERY interesting to see how this plays out. Even if you aren't into stonks you should keep an eye on this because this is HUGE. 

One thing to pay attention to is the outlets that smear Reddit/WSB for the crime of.... agreeing to buy a stock that a multi-billion dollar hedge fund has shorted to hell and back. We'll also see how quickly the government acts to strikes down these evil common plebs who dare use the tools of the stock market to attack these poor, defenseless hedge funds.

82836500_PowertotheJeb.thumb.png.d485f083ebcf37173966c099d169c3d5.png

Edited by VertigoTeaparty
  • Like 1
  • Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​First troll account, not even mad.

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

Posted Images

1 hour ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

This Gamestop/WallStreetBets situation has been very fun to watch. I first learned of it about a week ago and got in around $40. Today it closed at $347.  It's going to be VERY interesting to see how this plays out. Even if you aren't into stonks you should keep an eye on this because this is HUGE. 

One thing to pay attention to is the outlets that smear Reddit/WSB for the crime of.... agreeing to buy a stock that a multi-billion dollar hedge fund has shorted to hell and back. We'll also see how quickly the government acts to strikes down these evil common plebs who dare use the tools of the stock market to attack these poor, defenseless hedge funds.

82836500_PowertotheJeb.thumb.png.d485f083ebcf37173966c099d169c3d5.png

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to obtain the stock(s)? I seen people talking about this junk all over various forums.

14 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to obtain the stock(s)? I seen people talking about this junk all over various forums.

I use Robinhood. It's a very popular trading site with 0 fees for normal trades. I've been happy with it so far.

That said, I strongly suggest anyone who looks into this or any investing ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. Do your research. Understand what you're buying. It's fun meme'ing it up but don't put yourself into financial jeopardy for the lulz.

ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE

For Gamestop in particular, understand that the company is NOT (in my opinion) worth anywhere close to $300/share. The price is what it is now because of what's called a Short Squeeze. If you or anyone is looking at this, please make sure to DO YOUR RESEARCH before considering spending any money. Oh, and not sure if I mentioned it, but ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Disclaimer: I'm not a financial advisor. I'm some rando on the internet. Act accordingly. 

1 hour ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

I use Robinhood. It's a very popular trading site with 0 fees for normal trades. I've been happy with it so far.

That said, I strongly suggest anyone who looks into this or any investing ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. Do your research. Understand what you're buying. It's fun meme'ing it up but don't put yourself into financial jeopardy for the lulz.

ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE

For Gamestop in particular, understand that the company is NOT (in my opinion) worth anywhere close to $300/share. The price is what it is now because of what's called a Short Squeeze. If you or anyone is looking at this, please make sure to DO YOUR RESEARCH before considering spending any money. Oh, and not sure if I mentioned it, but ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Disclaimer: I'm not a financial advisor. I'm some rando on the internet. Act accordingly. 

Nah, I don't want to hear all that disclaimer nonsense If I lose my life savings listening to you rando, you are getting a nice fat lawsuit. 

/s

22 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Yeah, got nuked by another mod because the poster was linking detractor videos.

wtf is wrong with this girl

It's for the content, bro.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

TGIF

Went and bough a sectional couch today, honestly excited for it to arrive next week since I'll be gaming on it every day.

You guys got any plans this weekend?

Going to hangout with my friend Colin tomorrow.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

TGIF

Went and bough a sectional couch today, honestly excited for it to arrive next week since I'll be gaming on it every day.

Thank god it’s Friday, indeed!

Not much plans. Hopefully I will finish Judgment on the PS4 and maybe start Immortals Fenyx 

5 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Sounds fun. Stay safe and socially distanced if possible!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Nice, I've got a buddy from california visiting in a week too. We're gonna co-op the Mario 3D World port.

7 minutes ago, 100gecs said:

Not much plans. Hopefully I will finish Judgment on the PS4 and maybe start Immortals Fenyx

Reminds me that I still need to continue Yakuza 0.

• Like 1

This is basically what I've got down for the next few months in terms of new games. It's going to pick up quite a bit soon.

Nioh 1/2 remaster: 2-5
Little nightmares 2: 2-11
Mario 3D World w/ Bowser's fury: 2-12
Far cry 6: 2-18
Persona 5 strikers: 2-23
Bravely default 2: 2-26
Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town: 3-23
Monster hunter rise: 3-26

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

2 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

2 hours ago, 100gecs said:

I don't have plans, but some cool ideas for the next days.

Have fun!

Fun.jpg.b9667985eb081e622ee3adb759cf58ea.jpg

8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

New art?

I was thinking about doing some drawing tomorrow, maybe while listening to some music or a Podcast. But I also have to research some stuff to do some cool things on the computer!

What about you, having a good day?

So the other day I was talking to Onyx about some form of Amnesty for folks that got banned over the last couple of years for dumb mistakes. Maybe they just poked the wrong moderator on a bad day or perhaps were banned by an ex-mod detractor like Kyoko for unfair reasons.

Not blatant trolls and sock accounts, but forum users that were actively involved here. Maybe in my free time I'll review a lot of old accounts. Worst case, I just reban them if they return and cause trouble.

Just a thought for now.

If you know someone who was unfairly banned years ago, just shoot me a PM and I'll take a look and judge for myself.

27 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What about you, having a good day?

Yup, playing end game Rune factory 4 and listening to podcasts.

I was also thinking about the structure of the forum and how it doesn't make a lot of sense now. We got subforums for stuff like the the Hateful truth, DSP tries it, etc and those series don't even exist anymore. Subforums like Music that nobody uses, or we got gaming separated into PC/Console/etc for no real reason. I think the forum needs to be cleaned up a bit.

A lot of these places could be merged into one big forum thread.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

If you know someone who was unfairly banned years ago, just shoot me a PM and I'll take a look and judge for myself.

Yes I do, and I might remember more in the future as well. So when I can, I'll throw you a PM.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

A lot of these places could be merged into one big forum thread.

The "Multimedia" Forum is a bit disorganized. You have 3 Sub-forums within, (Anime / Manga; Movies / TV; Music), all of them containing threads pertinent to the subject, but you also have the random threads outside those Sub-forums, just within "Multimedia". If you want to organize this, you can just make 3 general Sub-forums/boards, (Video/Broadcast; Music; Literature), then merge all within "Multimedia" inside those 3 general boards.

The "Gaming" Forum has a similar structure, it has a bunch of miscellaneous threads within, plus 2 Sub-Forums with their own threads, (PC; Consoles). You may want to organize this by moving the miscellaneous threads inside one of the 2 Sub-forums accordingly, or you can get rid of the PC/Consoles Sub-Forums altogether, and move their threads outside, so along with the miscellaneous "Gaming" content. I feel it's not really important to have dedicated boards for "PC" or "Console", you already know by the topic of the thread.

"Other" is fine, but there's a useless redirect to "Politics General", you could get rid of that.

Redirect.thumb.jpg.8180c053bd91d1ddd433f2ef27928779.jpg

Finally, "Playthroughs", you could completely delete it, by moving it to "Gaming", which itself could be added to "Multimedia" as another Sub-forum.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Yes I do, and I might remember more in the future as well. So when I can, I'll throw you a PM.

The "Multimedia" Forum is a bit disorganized. You have 3 Sub-forums within, (Anime / Manga; Movies / TV; Music), all of them containing threads pertinent to the subject, but you also have the random threads outside those Sub-forums, just within "Multimedia". If you want to organize this, you can just make 3 general Sub-forums/boards, (Video/Broadcast; Music; Literature), then merge all within "Multimedia" inside those 3 general boards.

The "Gaming" Forum has a similar structure, it has a bunch of miscellaneous threads within, plus 2 Sub-Forums with their own threads, (PC; Consoles). You may want to organize this by moving the miscellaneous threads inside one of the 2 Sub-forums accordingly, or you can get rid of the PC/Consoles Sub-Forums altogether, and move their threads outside, so along with the miscellaneous "Gaming" content. I feel it's not really important to have dedicated boards for "PC" or "Console", you already know by the topic of the thread.

"Other" is fine, but there's a useless redirect to "Politics General", you could get rid of that.

Finally, "Playthroughs", you could completely delete it, by moving it to "Gaming", which itself could be added to "Multimedia" as another Sub-forum.

Yup, it's pretty disorganized at the moment. We'll see what the admins want to do.

Would be nice to clean it up a bit.

:edit:

So I took a bit of time to review some old accounts, and I've unbanned a little over 20 people for minor or forgivable offenses. If they wish to come back, they have the option. Unfortunately there's not much I can do to notify them of this except sending them some PMs. I plan to review more accounts in the coming weeks. The admins have the full list of people but I dunno if it's my call to post it publicly.

I'm playing some Dark cloud this afternoon and man, this is a bit rough. Camera is definitely not good and the dungeons are murdering me. Had to lookup some tips because weapon durability is also bad...my weapons break after killing like 7 monsters.