Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Darksphere92

    5736

  • KGhaleon

    5244

  • sateler96

    3175

  • MDCFAN101

    2769

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, me! I totally can‼

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

What political stances do you take that make you a SJW?

I'm pretty much for everything: trans rights, gay rights, blm (tho I disagree with the riots), me too. The only thing i disagree with cancel culture really. People should be called out for what they say and do, but its' gotten a bit too much imo.

Edited by planettenon4
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

I'm pretty much for everything: trans rights, gay rights, blm (tho I disagree with the riots), me too.

You're with #MeToo? What do you think it should happen to women or any person that makes false accusations, specially in regards to sexual assault/domestic violence/etc?

I don't know in the US, but in other countries when the female in a relationship accuses the male of such things, it is perfectly possible that the male will get detained & go to prison, even if the accusation was false, (and not the other way around, it's a law designed specifically for protecting women, leaving men uncovered in similar scenarios). Do you see this as a problem, and if so, how would you fix it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoraMoria said:

What do you think it should happen to women or any person that makes false accusations, specially in regards to sexual assault/domestic violence/etc?

They should be dealt with in accordance to the law.

2 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I don't know in the US, but in other countries when the female in a relationship accuses the male of such things, it is perfectly possible that the male will get detained & go to prison, even if the accusation was false, (and not the other way around, it's a law designed specifically for protecting women, leaving men uncovered in similar scenarios). Do you see this as a problem, and if so, how would you fix it?

That is a BIG problem. If any person falsely accuses a someone else of that, with malicious intent to harm said person's reputation, they should be taken to court. It's that simple. I think. I'm not a lawyer so that's the best I can say.

The only problem I see is if it's possible to prove malicious intent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

They should be dealt with in accordance to the law.

Sometimes, what the law says isn't what would be considered morally right/correct under common-sense or basic morality. You can go into examples of appeal to legality arguments to see the flaws.

Also check this example, it's actually one that has a """good""" ending. However in real life there are far worse situations than this, and I say real life because some things that happen are never told, or talked about, but it's part of reality, one that some are unaware of or don't care about, including by people that claim to want equal rights.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Sometimes, what the law says isn't what would be considered morally right/correct under common-sense or basic morality. You can go into examples of appeal to legality arguments to see the flaws.

Also check this example, it's actually one that has a """good""" ending. However in real life there are far worse situations than this, and I say real life because some things that happen are never told, or talked about, but it's part of reality, one that some are unaware of or don't care about, including by people that claim to want equal rights.

 

She should've been put in jail for far longer than that imo or made to pay for bills etc or both. Why was he put in jail in the first place, wasn't there a trial and evidence put forward?

If not, then that's the problem.

I don't think that's what the #Metoo movement means tho. It's just saying that if a woman comes forward with an accusation, then she should be taken seriously. That's it. Some people just take the shit too far and say if an accusation comes forward about a man then we should believe her. No.

A woman comes forward. We shut up and listen. The police verify if it's true or not. If it is, then it goes to court and the court decides.

The justice system isn't perfect. Nothing is. Lots of innocent people get jailed. It's just something that happens and should be continuously adjusted.

This example you give is anecdotal either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, planettenon4 said:

And you now realized this.

Naw, I knew he was this way when it came to gameplay. I think in the past I've called him a color-by-numbers gamer. This in itself isn't bad necessarily, but when you say it's bad game design to not spell everything out or hand-hold the player you're just wrong.

I was more commenting on how he's the same way with story; he wants it spelled out. 

18 hours ago, 100gecs said:

Then had the gall to say he knows how D&D worked!

Phil would be the player who kicked opened the door to the treasure room, rushed in, then complained when he got burned to death by the fireball trap he triggered. "This is bullshit! How was I supposed to know it was trapped? The DM should have told us to check for traps!!" 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Naw, I knew he was this way when it came to gameplay. I think in the past I've called him a color-by-numbers gamer. This in itself isn't bad necessarily, but when you say it's bad game design to not spell everything out or hand-hold the player you're just wrong.

Yea cool

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, planettenon4 said:

I don't think that's what the #Metoo movement means tho. It's just saying that if a woman comes forward with an accusation, then she should be taken seriously. A woman comes forward. We shut up and listen. The police verify if it's true or not. If it is, then it goes to court and the court decides.

The justice system isn't perfect. Nothing is. Lots of innocent people get jailed. It's just something that happens and should be continuously adjusted.

This example you give is anecdotal either way.

I think anyone should be taken seriously, regardless of sex/gender, the problem comes when people claim that you should always believe the one who's accusing, in this case, the woman. Also, "to take seriosuly" means to be skeptical and wait for actual evidence.

That example is obviously anecdotal, just like many more other examples that continue to happen to this day and nobody mentions, but I also said that exists certain laws in other countries which are prone to exploitment. No fervent "feminist" around here cares about that.

We're also not going anywhere, because what you'd call objective data like some official statictics, are designed to mislead. Let's hope you don't go through something like this one day, and get falsely "MeToo'd" into prison, wherever you live.

Edited by MoraMoria
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I think anyone should be taken seriously, regardless of sex/gender

And that is what Metoo movemenet is saying. It's saying that in the past when women have come forward with accusations, they weren't taken seriously, or they were victim blamed into silence and that silence allowed the cycle of rape to continue.

14 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

the problem comes when people claim that you should always believe the one who's accusing, in this case, the woman.

Again "believe" in this case just means to take the accusation seriously and not victim blame or slut shame. People on twitter probably take it literally and use the "believe woman" thing to mean literally believe every accusation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, planettenon4 said:

I'm pretty much for everything: trans rights, gay rights, blm (tho I disagree with the riots), me too. The only thing i disagree with cancel culture really. People should be called out for what they say and do, but its' gotten a bit too much imo.

 

sus.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Phil would be the player who kicked opened the door to the treasure room, rushed in, then complained when he got burned to death by the fireball trap he triggered. "This is bullshit! How was I supposed to know it was trapped? The DM should have told us to check for traps!!" 

Why am I trapped? WHY AM I ON FIRE?! NO, not on fire again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, planettenon4 said:

Are ya'll listening to this pre-stream. This fucking guy.

No. What did the baby cry about this time?

Did you see the new $300 scam? "If I get $300, I'll get the jeans." Gets $300 from a w-chair. Bring the jeans, shows them on camera, doesn't put them on. The laziness.

Edited by babymngaming456
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

No. What did the baby cry about this time?

Talked about some bullshit about "behind the scenes" expenses and how all the money he got for the past 2 weeks is now gone and he needs to hit the tips goal everyday til next week Wednesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...