• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

Oh, me! I totally can‼

Posted Images

10 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

I'd like to watch this film eventually, but if that's truly the message, it seems a little too optimistic. The thing about life is, you don't know until you try, but you also have to take probabilities into an account. Let's say that, starting this moment, my dream is to become an Olympic level runner. I wouldn't fault people for trying to talk me out of it, because I've never been an athlete my whole life, and there's also a genetic component to it--some people are just destined to develop a more robust physique than others. And sadly it does matter who you are and where you come from. Let's say you're born in an especially war-ravaged area of the Middle East. If someone were to say that the people there can easily rise above their circumstances, I'd tell them to be more realistic, to say the least. That's why the issues there are so important, people are just born into shitty circumstances. 

I mean, I'm not saying something like "If you're born into ugly circumstances, you should accept that and never strive for something better!" nor am I discounting the value of hard work. But at a certain point, people need to be wise about where their true strengths lie. If they use them in a sub-optimal way, or spend far too much time trying to get good at something they have no talent for... it might lead to a tragic outcome. 

Heh. It's also possible that I'm reading too deeply into your message and just being a buzzkill right now. The film has a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, and I more frequently agree with film critics than game critics. The message is probably more nuanced than I'm giving it credit. 

I see no reason to apologize. No need to feel tethered to communities, just post if you feel like it. There doesn't need to be a deep commitment, people have other matters to tend to besides this board. 

That's true - as far I see it, there aren't any sides. Even if there are, it's not that important. I guess I lost sight of that.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/hooray-gattacas-andrew-niccol-is-making-another-dystop-1763642308

The Truman Show's writer is making a dystopian film, this time tackling the issues of anonymity and privacy. Could be interesting.

Many of his films weren't well-received, but Truman is a classic. Gattaca is a film I'd certainly like to see some day. Good Kill was alright. 

"From here on out, I reserve the right to shut down all discussions if I deem them unworthy of further consideration. You will not speak another word of the subject after my decree. It doesn't matter if anyone else believes the talk should continue." 

Imagine you're having a conversation with friends, and one of them said that. I suspect it wouldn't be received well, to say the least. 

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, AlucardViDracul said:

I went hiking today and now I am sore. Hey but it was fun. And a good workout. 

Cool dude, are there bears or any wildlife up there? Quite a view. I bet your feet are dead lol

Got through my first season of Stardew valley, having a pretty fun time with this game. First month took me around 7-8 hours, so I can tell I've got a ways to go. I've made about 7K gold and have a pretty big farm established at this point with some upgraded gear and fences.

Unfortunately I completely neglected raising my reputation with the townspeople and none of the ladies would dance with my character at the flower dance festival.

guy.jpg

Those bitches.

Edited by KGhaleon
1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Cool dude, are there bears or any wildlife up there? Quite a view. I bet your feet are dead lol

Well other than deer bears and snakes aren't out yet. Yes My feet are dead. 

1 hour ago, KingBunghole said:

I didn't expect to hear your voice. Are you from Virginia?

Just skimmed your channel. I thought the waifu nazi video was funny. 

Yes I am from Virginia. I live on a lake called Smith Mountain Lake its near Roanoke. 

Yea I found that clip off of twitter thought it was funny too. 

Erased episode 10:

Spoiler

So the most obvious suspect turned out to be the killer after all. I have to admit, this was a sly move. The director was probably counting on the same sort of viewer mindset I had. Namely: "They're throwing too many hints! It can't be that obvious!" But the hints were not red herrings or fake-outs. He realized that in mysteries, people expect the tropes of an unexpected culprit and subtle clues, so he turned those expectations on their head. Everything pointed to Yashiro, to the point where one is forced to ask in hindsight: who else could it be? The non-verbal scene with Kenya, someone Satoru's mother recognized, an adult male who visited the abandoned bus, the candy, knowing all the victims, getting friendly with his female students, and so on. The other mature males we've seen in the series (Kayo's father, Sachiko's co-worker, Shiratori, and the pizza place boss) either would have made less sense, or would not have made for satisfying reveals. 

So we see Satoru in hot water at the end of episode (actually, cold...). For a while, I actually thought he might die here, but I came across a tidbit of information that convinced me otherwise. So we have two episodes left and I'm guessing that the revival ability will not be explained, but I'm starting to get a sense that it doesn't really matter compared to the wider themes of the show. I believe the show will return to Satoru's mysterious fifth grade composition. His goal was probably related to superheroes (goofy elementary school stuff) or being a more empathetic person, which he only got to do after taking a giant time leap.  

A happy ending is certainly possible, with Satoru emerging victorious and being inspired to become a better mangaka (or the plot twist of this show being his manga, his time leap ability doesn't really exist). But with the past altered, it's possible that the future will be very different. Airi might not exist anymore. This also makes me wonder who her parents are. 

1 hour ago, AlucardViDracul said:

Like these guys. 

I hadn't seen a Nigahiga video in a long time. He's still pretty funny, I see. 

• Upvote 2

I have an idea for a Five Night's At Freddy's game, ok you still must survive until 6AM for the same 5 nights, but this time no cameras, you are able to freely move, you have a flashlight with limited batteries, you must find these batteries,you must hide from the Animations until 6AM they see you/touch you, you lose, you able to barricade a door, but the Animatronics can still get through the door. that's all i have for now.

5 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

Erased episode 10:

# Reveal hidden contents

So the most obvious suspect turned out to be the killer after all. I have to admit, this was a sly move. The director was probably counting on the same sort of viewer mindset I had. Namely: "They're throwing too many hints! It can't be that obvious!" But the hints were not red herrings or fake-outs. He realized that in mysteries, people expect the tropes of an unexpected culprit and subtle clues, so he turned those expectations on their head. Everything pointed to Yashiro, to the point where one is forced to ask in hindsight: who else could it be? The non-verbal scene with Kenya, someone Satoru's mother recognized, an adult male who visited the abandoned bus, the candy, knowing all the victims, getting friendly with his female students, and so on. The other mature males we've seen in the series (Kayo's father, Sachiko's co-worker, Shiratori, and the pizza place boss) either would have made less sense, or would not have made for satisfying reveals. 

So we see Satoru in hot water at the end of episode (actually, cold...). For a while, I actually thought he might die here, but I came across a tidbit of information that convinced me otherwise. So we have two episodes left and I'm guessing that the revival ability will not be explained, but I'm starting to get a sense that it doesn't really matter compared to the wider themes of the show. I believe the show will return to Satoru's mysterious fifth grade composition. His goal was probably related to superheroes (goofy elementary school stuff) or being a more empathetic person, which he only got to do after taking a giant time leap.  

A happy ending is certainly possible, with Satoru emerging victorious and being inspired to become a better mangaka (or the plot twist of this show being his manga, his time leap ability doesn't really exist). But with the past altered, it's possible that the future will be very different. Airi might not exist anymore. This also makes me wonder who her parents are. 

I hadn't seen a Nigahiga video in a long time. He's still pretty funny, I see. 

I kinda fell out of them after a few years, I used to think their earlier videos were kinda funny but I grew out of that phase along with Smosh ( i ended up unsubbing from them entirely). 

"Hi I'm a lurker and I went out of my way to check the partner status of one of your channels"

You gotta be kidding me. loling

4 minutes ago, Nation said:

I've stumbled home at 1:32am after a night drinking and i'm drunk AF.

Woo! Why the fck am i sill awak?

Gotta enjoy that friday brah, I'm tired as hell and it's raining. May as well stay inside and play some vidya gamez.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Gotta enjoy that friday brah, I'm tired as hell and it's raining. May as well stay inside and play some vidya gamez.

Man i work saturdays.

this was a mistake that iw will regret in the morning

I go bed now.

Later nerds 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

"Hi I'm a lurker and I went out of my way to check the partner status of one of your channels"

You gotta be kidding me. loling

lol playing videos games what are you some kind of nerd? :P