The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

45 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

If you aren't getting good experience, it means you need to go higher as the enemies are too weak. Also work on your social links, because the bonus fusion experience is what really helps.

strange because the floor i am on is the latest one, anyway i stopped at floor 10.

Finally gotten to see the Doctor Strange trailer and read this in an article

Finally, the last shot of the trailer is a fully-formed Doctor Strange (with red cape and all) approaching the window that famously is in his Sanctum Sanctorum (like his Batcave). It’s the image the teaser poster is based on and serves mostly as a rallying cry for people who loved Doctor Strange comics.

For the rest of us, it’s just another poster with Benedict Cumberbatch facing the other way:

4.png

Just noticed that lol.

44 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

strange because the floor i am on is the latest one, anyway i stopped at floor 10.

You can play as far as the gate which stops you from advancing, mostly for story purposes. You gotta advance the story to get to the stronger stuff, also don't play on easy.

36 minutes ago, AlucardViDracul said:

clearly that is a threat for your life if I havnt seen one. 

They would have to get off their Dorito encrusted couch and stop stalking Phil in order to do anything to me, which is unlikely to happen.

Anyway got a bit farther in DS3 today, excellent game so far. Spoilers:

Spoiler

Just reached Irithyll and managed to kill a few more bosses. High lord Wolnir was kinda gimmicky though, but still really cool.

I think I'm about halfway through the game at this point, though there's a lot of stuff I've likely missed so I'll revisit many of the old areas eventually. I need a new weapon and armor set, but I've honestly got dozens to choose from and no idea what would be best at this point. :\

:edit: And oh snap, I just looked and I got my tax refund today. I wasn't planning to go on anymore big trips this year, but it's tempting now. :|

Edited by KGhaleon

yeah this last chapter in Miles Edgeworth feels like it drags on, and honestly i just want this to end, it's draining imo, so draining i started using a guide just so i can speed it up.

http://fraghero.com/ubisoft-plans-punish-players-exploited-division-falcon-lost-boss-glitch/

This might seem like a straightforward moral good to some players, but I'm kind of iffy about it. More so in a co-op context than a competitive one. 

I think just removing the offending glitch, if it's so bad, is a better way to go than punishing the players who found it. In co-op games, if you throw a hard challenge at the player, you shouldn't be surprised that they try to figure out the boundaries of the AI. And the devs basically get to catch something QA missed. 

Some of the most amusing game mechanics that we take for granted these days (rocket jumping, juggling in hack-and-slash games, fighting game combos) started life as bugs or exploits, not intentional features. So if game devs go too far with exploit punishment... that could discourage the finding of the next big thing. I'm a big fan of emergent gameplay and clever, unusual tactics. Instead of just saying "All right, here are all the game mechanics. Here's the way you're supposed to use them. Don't transgress those clearly circumscribed boundaries."

20 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

Rocket Jumping is a bug? at least in TF2 i thought it was legit.

I'm not 100% sure about the relevant history, but some gamers say that it was unintentional in early FPS games. Then as players caught on, devs thought it was clever and made it an intentional feature in FPS games.  

Here's a take on it. Check entry 4.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2563-the-top-10-glitches-that-became-features

21 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

well it seems that the Wii U port of Shovel Knight is the best, it's a sad day when you have to say that a Wii U port is actually better then the Xbox one,PS3,and PS4 port.

Thats because the Wii U port was made alongside the PC version and I'm pretty sure Nintendo paid to keep it console exclusive for a whole year not to mention they got co-op and amiibo support exclusive on it too.

2 hours ago, Nation said:

Dark Souls 3 beat baby.

Got the hidden ending too :P

Awesome, still playing it myself though I think I'm in the second half. Just beat Pontif.

I'm using an almost fully leveled Dark sword and I'm breezing through some of these areas now.

so far i am disappointed in the amount of Personas i have gotten and exp gain, only have a total of 4 Persona and havent seen any new ones since, and still low exp gain. and i am on the latest floors, anyway got the mmo girl s. link up to 2.

27 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

so far i am disappointed in the amount of Personas i have gotten and exp gain, only have a total of 4 Persona and havent seen any new ones since, and still low exp gain. and i am on the latest floors, anyway got the mmo girl s. link up to 2.

You should have 6 personas before the first boss.

5 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Awesome, still playing it myself though I think I'm in the second half. Just beat Pontif.

I'm using an almost fully leveled Dark sword and I'm breezing through some of these areas now.

+10 greatsword.

EVERYTHING IN MY WAY DIES

I keep telling myself to go to bed after I reach the next bonfire, but that was 10 bonfires ago. ****.

I've passed Phil now in DS3.

Playing Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, finally on PC. Gotta say this game is boring...

Like, really boring. And it doesn't help I can't figure out how the save system works...

And what the fuck does the damn flying light orbs mean when they just hover around me, flash a couple of times, then fly the fuck off? No clue what that means...none.

Edited by SoCalWitness

48 minutes ago, SoCalWitness said:

Playing Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, finally on PC. Gotta say this game is boring...

Like, really boring. And it doesn't help I can't figure out how the save system works...

And what the fuck does the damn flying light orbs mean when they just hover around me, flash a couple of times, then fly the fuck off? No clue what that means...none.

interesting idea, boring "gameplay"

• Upvote 1