The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

22 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

Fuck this game, seriously the Ally AI acts so retarded, puts Yukari on Heal/Support,uses Magaru when an enemy has been knocked down, set Junpei to knock down enemies, uses agi once knocks down enemy, oh i'm just going to wait, set the Dog to knock down also, uses physical attacks on Enemy instead of it's weakness: Agi. screw this party AI they act so stupid. 

It's a lot better if you set custom orders on them. Lowers the chances of them doing stupid shit

3 hours ago, cooper said:

We should try and report all the people that were stalking and harassing/Griefing phil. Maybe we can at least get a couple perm banned. What they are doing is against the rules and is running other players/viewers experience. Can't really say i'm surprised at any of this. 

Would be nice, however Phil had their names disabled so it's a waste of time.

And of course they will spin it against DSP and blame him for having to cancel the stream today, since he is to blame for literally everything bad that ever happens in their world.

2 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

that's what i did and they still did stupid shit.

You have to understand that switching their tactics only changes their priorities. For example, with Yukari, if everyone is full health, then she'll attack instead. For Junpei, if an enemy is knocked down, he's gonna go back to just attacking regularly.

4 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

You have to understand that switching their tactics only changes their priorities. For example, with Yukari, if everyone is full health, then she'll attack instead. For Junpei, if an enemy is knocked down, he's gonna go back to just attacking regularly.

for Yukari someone was missing health and she just decided to attack instead of heal, and as for Junpei that is kind of stupid, the only was i can see me beating this mini boss now is to either have a persona that is strong or nul against ice with a fire attack or just grind some more and hope for the best, or keep trying the mini boss until i get lucky.

8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

The detractor community pretty much took the Patron's money today with their shenanigans. I feel bad for the folks that were waiting for that stream all week.

Reminiscent of the time they took his Fan appreciation streams down. Phil gets paid regardless of what happens so it doesn't affect him despite what they may foolishly believe.

They didn't really take the Patron's money. Sure it wasn't streamed, but we still get the gameplay that was promised. Just gotta wait until the end of the day.

13 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

They didn't really take the Patron's money. Sure it wasn't streamed, but we still get the gameplay that was promised. Just gotta wait until the end of the day.

Wasn't the promise for a stream? He couldn't advance in the game and had to remove the stream interaction due to the trolling. Seems like the fans got robbed to me.

Edited by KGhaleon

3 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Wasn't the promise for a stream? He couldn't advance in the game and had to remove the stream interaction due to the trolling. Seems like the fans got robbed to me.

Either way he still played WoW as promised so in the end he did accomplish it despite some roadblocks on the way.

9 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

a offline maraton is just not the same regardless. 

I just watched the part where he streamed on youtube, and it was a little entertaining to begin with. But it was really bad in the long run. Very little creative. I would at least let him go out of the first area, in that case it would have maybe gotten some reaction worth their while. 

7 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Yea. It was a stream originally. I suppose it removes the interactivity, which sucks. But it isn't as if the Patrons get nothing.

@BrightSideViking

No it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. and the best Phil could do given the circumstances. As for the second part of you comment, it's a bit unclear what you mean.  If you mean he should have led the trolls outside of the first area, I'd rather he had stopped sooner so we had more offline gameplay rather than wasting time with people trying to derail his business.

Edited by biopticstream

4 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

Yea. It was a stream originally. I suppose it removes the interactivity, which sucks. But it isn't as if the Patrons get nothing.

@BrightSideViking

No it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. and the best Phil could do given the circumstances. As for the second part of you comment, it's a bit unclear what you mean.  If you mean he should have led the trolls outside of the first area, I'd rather he had stopped sooner so we had more offline gameplay rather than wasting time with people trying to derail his business.

no i am sorry i was unclear, i ment the trolling was pathetic, 

1 minute ago, BrightSideViking said:

no i am sorry i was unclear, i ment the trolling was pathetic, 

Yes, I agree with that. It's unfortunate that Phil couldn't stream, but I think he did what was best.

6 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

*facepalm* that's a song from Bush. freaking Bush man. 

Strongest Persona yet, Vorpal blade kills all enemies on screen in one hit.

blade.jpg

Finished up my NG+ run of DS3 today, that's probably it for now until the DLCs come out. I got the "best" ending, Usurpation of Fire. That game is really short so I think I prefered the length of DS2 more.

Edited by KGhaleon

6 hours ago, cooper said:

We should try and report all the people that were stalking and harassing/Griefing phil. Maybe we can at least get a couple perm banned. What they are doing is against the rules and is running other players/viewers experience. Can't really say i'm surprised at any of this. 

Well it's not Phil's fault anyway and I thought the trolling was the weakest I've ever seen. They weren't even gifted amateurs at it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Well it's not Phil's fault anyway and I thought the trolling was the weakest I've ever seen. They weren't even gifted amateurs at it.

I have no problem with them following him around, but at least let him finish up the tutorial and leave the noob area. It would've been more entertaining to watch him walk through high level areas and all the enemies just dying around him, instead we're stuck watching him try to kill level 1 mobs for an hour. I'm done thinking about that crap.

8 hours ago, cooper said:

There's a video with all the culprits on it already. Nice of them to collect all the evidence/proof like that. :cool:

Edited by hardcoreparkour

People acting like a streamer getting trolled in an MMO is a brand new concept.

How was this not expected or accounted for?

Also

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

The detractor community pretty much took the Patron's money today with their shenanigans.

May in fact be the most hyperbolic statement i have seen on these forums to date.

Edited by Nation

30 minutes ago, Nation said:

People acting like a streamer getting trolled in an MMO is a brand new concept.

How was this not expected or accounted for?

Also

May in fact be the most hyperbolic statement i have seen on these forums to date.

I already know you're part of that community, but please explain how it's ok for them to stop Phil from being able to complete any quests for an hour. They just followed him to every server and wouldn't let him advance in the game beyond the tutorial. Tell me what sort of excuses they brainwashed you with this time.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I already know you're part of that community, but please explain how it's ok for them to stop Phil from being able to complete any quests for an hour. They just followed him to every server and wouldn't let him advance in the game beyond the tutorial. Tell me what sort of excuses they brainwashed you with this time.

Just like i know Unicorns originally inhabited the Spanish Isles.

As for how to minimize trolling; blocking invites, hiding character name and hiding the server you play on are good places to start. 
Ask for Character creation advice in the forums then make your character offline so when the stream starts your character is made, name private
server hidden, chat disabled. 

Hell if fan interaction was actually a big selling point why not have fans log in and group with him so they could 
1. Play as a group
2. Minimize trolling since if any one of them got a kill for a quest or turned in a thing then they would all get credit.
Hell get a fan to log in with a higher level character so they can kill shit/complete shit before trolls got the chance to.

You know, for someone who preaches about how neutral they are you really get worked up by anything that is against Phil, even if it is something like this can is at least manageable in some way.

24 minutes ago, Nation said:

Just like i know Unicorns originally inhabited the Spanish Isles.

As for how to minimize trolling; blocking invites, hiding character name and hiding the server you play on are good places to start. 
Ask for Character creation advice in the forums then make your character offline so when the stream starts your character is made, name private
server hidden, chat disabled. 

Hell if fan interaction was actually a big selling point why not have fans log in and group with him so they could 
1. Play as a group
2. Minimize trolling since if any one of them got a kill for a quest or turned in a thing then they would all get credit.
Hell get a fan to log in with a higher level character so they can kill shit/complete shit before trolls got the chance to.

You know, for someone who preaches about how neutral they are you really get worked up by anything that is against Phil, even if it is something like this can is at least manageable in some way.

If you watched the stream, you would have already seen that Phil was hiding his server and character name. They just hopped around servers until they found him then the folks on twitter appear to have informed everyone where he was at. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anyone offer to play the game with Phil. Does anyone here actually still play WoW? I sure don't.

There's no excuse here for forcing him to end his stream today. People paid for a marathon stream of WoW today but he wasted the first hour due to trolls then was forced to play offline because they wouldn't let him advance and kill any monsters. Ridiculous.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

If you watched the stream, you would have already seen that Phil was hiding his server and character name. They just hopped around servers until they found him then the folks on twitter appear to have informed everyone where he was at. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anyone offer to play the game with Phil. Does anyone here actually still play WoW? I sure don't.

There's no excuse here for forcing him to end his stream today. People paid for a marathon stream of WoW today but he wasted the first hour due to trolls then was forced to play offline because they wouldn't let him advance and kill any monsters. Ridiculous.

Did he ever ask if anyone still played? Can't be hard to convince some people on here to either get the trail version for a stream or hop back on to group with him. Hell i aint played since near the end of Cataclysm but if Phil was like "Yo who wants to group in WoW?" I'd consider jumping back in at least for a bit. Could have got him to the point where he could run dungeons. Dungeon running lets him level, experience the game and practically eliminates trolls since group finder is random unless you're grouped with people.

Edit: I've noticed i've started saying "Hell" a lot and i don't know why.

Edited by Nation

The problem is every step was already taken to try and stop trolling. But the point at which someone has to alter how they want to experience the game is too far. If patrons are upset that most of the content wasn't streamed then they have people to blame and it's not DSP.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hazz3r said:

The problem is every step was already taken to try and stop trolling. But the point at which someone has to alter how they want to experience the game is too far. If patrons are upset that most of the content wasn't streamed then they have people to blame and it's not DSP.

I'm not saying Patrons aren't allowed to complain or blame the people that trolled. They have every right to. 

Just that the people largely complaining here aren't even Patrons. Not even KG who seems personally offended by what happened.

11 minutes ago, AshishAshLamps007 said:

So WTF happened during Phil's WoW?? I was a bit busy. Heard the detractors caused more drama and ruined the Patrons' goal?

Constant group invites, following him, killing everything he needed to kill to progress his quests.

Standard MMO trolling sorta thing